January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Dusk_Till_Dawn
44 minutes ago, lost in space said:

"verbal agreement"?? - WTF?

Not worth the paper etc.

Dont they have fax machines now?

It’s called deflection. EEN swallowing it whole as usual. We must be due another puff piece from them on what a bind this all is for poor Ann

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 hour ago, Humblerogue said:

Most of our players look like they are towing a caravan. We need two centre backs and a box to box midfielder, surely a must

Now now! Leave it folk who know what they are talking abou......ah feck it! A blind man galloping on a grand national winner can see thats what we need!!!

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I understand the point but with better finishing yesterday we’d have won.

TBF MacDonald made world class saves from Smith, Kingston and Naismith.

avhudtheteeshirt

According to what I read, if he signs now, they get the money, if he waits till his contract is up, his development money goes to Fulham.

They reckon on £100,000 for development payment, so we should get him for less from Walsall.

18 minutes ago, Candy said:

Wonder why Robbie would be dealing with Walsall?. Surely thats Joe Savages job

Manager to manager is the way they like to do it. Maybe trying to move some of our players down to Walsall in return. 

20 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

TBF MacDonald made world class saves from Smith, Kingston and Naismith.

And Naismith missed a sitter with the header off the bar. 

16 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

According to what I read, if he signs now, they get the money, if he waits till his contract is up, his development money goes to Fulham.

They reckon on £100,000 for development payment, so we should get him for less from Walsall.

If he signs a new contract with them and sticks around until next January and is still scoring goals they may get a good bit more than £100k for him with no dev fee to pay. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

And Naismith missed a sitter with the header off the bar. 

Yes - that doesn’t change the point I made

Just now, soonbe110 said:

I was reinforcing your point - I think 

Not really. I was responding to comments that our finishing was poor - I was making the point that Kingsley, Smith and Naismith all had tremendous efforts that against another less inspired keeper may have all resulted in goals.

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If he signs a new contract with them and sticks around until next January and is still scoring goals they may get a good bit more than £100k for him with no dev fee to pay. 

Reports are that he has agreed terms with Hearts - is it likely he will sign a new contract with them?

I saw a thing on the BBC gossip page saying West Ham are interested in Edouard from Celtic but he doesn’t want to consider it as he’s holding out for a top 6 team. He could be waiting some time. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Sibbick was making one of the best debuts I’d seen in recent years before he got taken off injured in that Rangers game. 

Looked right at home straight away and looked a class act.

10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Sibbick was making one of the best debuts I’d seen in recent years before he got taken off injured in that Rangers game. 

I would have him back in a heartbeat 

32 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I saw a thing on the BBC gossip page saying West Ham are interested in Edouard from Celtic but he doesn’t want to consider it as he’s holding out for a top 6 team. He could be waiting some time. 

Hope not. Rather have Origi to be honest 

I'm all for signing a forward and we as fans have to trust the scouting system and new DOF.

However it is clear that defensively we are not as strong as we should be and too many goals are being lost.

Of course it could be we are losing goals because we are forward thinking and less defensively minded...kind of we'll score more than you most of the time.....but we may find that acceptable in the championship but it will not be once promoted (there's confidence for you)

Does this poor performance come from the midfield or from the back line or even in part from the forwards not giving that initial cover to those behind them ?  This is where I expect our manager to sort it out in terms of formation and playing staff

His job is promotion this season and anything else is a bonus...no promotion and no job is just how it should be.

He may have an eye on next season but focus on the present, make decisions, make signings if possible financially and wheel and deal within the playing staff to achieve this.

It is not rocket science to see the weakness within the squad and in my opinion (and it is just that) a centre back and perhaps a midfielder are the priorities especially if Damour is not being considered or is leaving this transfer window

With the return of Souttar some time away and no guarantees on his recovery or fitness a centre back is surely a must and whilst Berra may not be long term any hamstring injury at his age is a worry and to be honest even if fit we should be looking for another defender.

28 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think it’s the only game I saw him play but he was another player who got better the less we saw of him.

Not saying he wouldn’t improve us.

There aren’t many players who wouldn’t 

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

IMO yes

I thought he was unreal yesterday.The saves were top drawer. Fair play to him, despise the club he plays for but fully respect him. 2012 Winner 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I wish Walsall would stop being utter trumpets - their local press joining in now. It feels like we’re dealing with a diddy club like in the summer again.

The boy has agreed to join us - just take £100k and **** off you dicks.

(no offence to their fans who seem decent and nothing like the rest of the scummy fans in Scotland)

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

12 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

I thought he was unreal yesterday.The saves were top drawer. Fair play to him, despise the club he plays for but fully respect him. 2012 Winner 

After some of the shite we had to put up with in the last few years we should have kept a hold of Jamie.

Reports are that he has agreed terms with Hearts - is it likely he will sign a new contract with them?

‘Reports’? ‘Agreed’. Nothing very concrete there. Agreed terms with Hearts then says to Walsall -ok, improve on that and I’ll stay. Has that ever happened before? 
I was trying to explain why Walsall maybe don’t want him to leave and/or are asking us for a lot more than the £100k dev fee. 

26 minutes ago, Barack said:

Adebayo is on a hiding to nothing on here, let's be honest. 

Just a tall Uche. Too slow. Not a finisher. Doesn't hold it up. League 2 diddy. Levein type signing. 

He's better off playing infront of cardboard for a while.

Or staying where he is on same or better terms than we have offered. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

‘Reports’? ‘Agreed’. Nothing very concrete there. Agreed terms with Hearts then says to Walsall -ok, improve on that and I’ll stay. Has that ever happened before? 
I was trying to explain why Walsall maybe don’t want him to leave and/or are asking us for a lot more than the £100k dev fee. 

Calm doon - wasn’t looking for an argument

Money wise Walsall would receive more money now as the development fee would go to Fulham too. The drawback is would he help Walsall to promotion which could be worth more

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

No he never. 

Our strikers missed 3/4 clear cut chances and we scored 2. 

Aye OK 🤣

I really hope we're looking at dominant central defenders who attack the ball and love to defend.  Euan Murray at Dunfermline would fit the bill.

1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

I really hope we're looking at dominant central defenders who attack the ball and love to defend.  Euan Murray at Dunfermline would fit the bill.

Benedictus from Raith would also.

9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Benedictus from Raith would also.

29, about a stone overweight and part of a defence that conceded about 30 chances in 2 games at Tynie this season. 

Aye, he'll solve our problems. He's a huddy. 

Euan Murray is not bad tbf.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

29, about a stone overweight and part of a defence that conceded about 30 chances in 2 games at Tynie this season. 

Aye, he'll solve out problems. He's a huddy. 

Fair enough, but yesterday he was everything that Halkett wasn't. 

3 hours ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Why didn't Walsall pay development money to Fulham....?

24 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Aye, he'll solve our problems. He's a huddy. 

Benedictus is also the div who allowed Wighton to score a hat trick in the Betfred, giving up a ludicrous penalty in the process. Yet people put him forward as a possible option for us? Jesus wept.

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Adebayo is on a hiding to nothing on here, let's be honest. 

Just a tall Uche. Too slow. Not a finisher. Doesn't hold it up. League 2 diddy. Levein type signing. 

He's better off playing infront of cardboard for a while.

He won't read anything on here, no player does

10 minutes ago, S Form said:

Benedictus is also the div who allowed Wighton to score a hat trick in the Betfred, giving up a ludicrous penalty in the process. Yet people put him forward as a possible option for us? Jesus wept.

Yep, beggars belief.

We moan about Berra, he'd walk into the Raith team ahead of Benedictus.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Candy said:

Good point. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, S Form said:

He’s murder and we had a lot of chances yesterday that I’m sure if you analysed he would be at fault for. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Or staying where he is on same or better terms than we have offered. 

Hmmm. Walsall or Edinburgh. Sophie’s choice 😀

After some of the shite we had to put up with in the last few years we should have kept a hold of Jamie.

Totally agree, wish we had Jamie for a few seasons, had years of nonsense keeper wise, That said Gordon a top signing for us

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Absolutely.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Kyle Benedictus? Come on 😂

Gave away both penalties in the Betfred game I think. People just pick a player from a team who has just beaten us and automatically assume they'd be better than what we currently have.

Thankfully our scouting is a bit more thorough than that.

Edited by Dr. Sheldon Cooper

44 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Benedictus and Murray? People seem to want to replace our huddies with even bigger huddies. 

Horrible UK think of them in maroon, especially in the premiership. 

Findlay is a no brainer if we can get him, Murray Wallace is getting on a bit but a Jambo and played at a good level for years. 

Another I wouldn't mind as backup would be Alex Lacovitti from Ross County. 

Not the finished article but still young and would be a good backup option for us I think

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Why didn't Walsall pay development money to Fulham....?

I think because they let him leave for free, but are still due a fee if he moves before next January. Strange but thems the rules it seems. 

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Couldn’t agree more. Will always be remembered as part of that wonderful day. Got a raw deal and whilst nothing against Neil Alexander he wasn’t an upgrade on Jamie. Should never have been released at the time.

20 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Hmmm. Walsall or Edinburgh. Sophie’s choice 😀

All about who might pick him up. Much more likely to get a good move down south. 

4 hours ago, Candy said:

I imagine it was a manager to manager thing to clear up the misunderstanding out of respect.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )