January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Berra than you
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’re spot on actually, scary though that is. 

It is scary but think its probably true. Popescu does make mistakes but are always caused by him taking a risk to go forward or beat a man. Halkett and Berra are making simple defensive mistakes which Popescu deals with most of the time.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

bobby bombscare
6 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

While it's great we're after a striker, it's clear that a centre half and a central midfielder should be a higher priority.

Are we planning on moving Naismith into a midfield role? I can't see how Boyce, Naismith and Adebayo would all fit into a starting line up.

Naisy is getting to a point in his career where he will be looking to play less so more likely that Naisy will become an impact sub.

1 hour ago, lou said:

Not only on yesterday's showing but I have always been impressed by Kyle Benedictus and think he should be playing at a higher level

He strolled it yesterday 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

It is scary but think its probably true. Popescu does make mistakes but are always caused by him taking a risk to go forward or beat a man. Halkett and Berra are making simple defensive mistakes which Popescu deals with most of the time.

Yet he can’t get a game, strange. 

Berra than you
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yet he can’t get a game, strange. 

Hopefully he gets a run now with Berra injured. I've previously been against getting a CB in to get out of this league as thought we had enough but week after week they have proved that incorrect. We need 2 for next season but getting one in now would be a good help.

3 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

I'll get pelters for this.. but i thinks Popescu is our best CB at the moment. I don't think it's a coincidence that from the day Halkett arrived we have had defensive issues. He is constantly beat for pace, constantly caught out of position and constantly makes poor decisions. Popescu makes just as many poor decisions, but at least he is dominant in the air and has the pace to catch players if he's caught out of position or beaten. 

He’s someone who needs to cut out the basic mistakes like dwelling on the ball too long, but I feel we are a better team in possession when he’s on the park. Berra boots it, every time, and it comes straight back. Popescu may lose the ball now and again but for every time he does he has at least 4 or 5 (if not more) passes forward that are on the deck and he makes runs up the park allowing for more options in the opposing half. He’s not perfect, at his age will likely not improve much, but would not have him ahead of Berra when fit? Absolutely. Did just fine in the semi final.

23 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Yeah, Halliday is a born winner, won't put up with half arsed performances etc etc.

Halliday is worst of the lot.

Knew he was coming off yesterday and just hacked a Raith player down. He’s a liability and offers nothing going forward. Irving and Haring should be the midfield duo, at least Haring can sit as well as advance play, and offers a threat at set pieces.

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They don’t get any money for him in the summer. 

I think you are correct.

A fee is payable if signed before the end of the season in which the 23rd birthday falls so we can sign him on 1 July for nowt (most English contracts end on 30 June I believe).

13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Knew he was coming off yesterday and just hacked a Raith player down. He’s a liability and offers nothing going forward. Irving and Haring should be the midfield duo, at least Haring can sit as well as advance play, and offers a threat at set pieces.

Haring knows how to play the defensive mid role. At present, as seen yesterday, at Dundee and against Ayr, our dodgy CH's have no protection, particularly against the fast breakaway. Halliday isn't that player.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Hopefully he gets a run now with Berra injured. I've previously been against getting a CB in to get out of this league as thought we had enough but week after week they have proved that incorrect. We need 2 for next season but getting one in now would be a good help.

Definitely. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think you are correct.

A fee is payable if signed before the end of the season in which the 23rd birthday falls so we can sign him on 1 July for nowt (most English contracts end on 30 June I believe).

It’s nothing to do with his age he’s not an academy product of theirs, he’s had a few clubs. He’s under contract to them so they’re due a fee if we sign him now. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Haring knows how to play the defensive mid role. At present, as seen yesterday, at Dundee and against Ayr, our dodgy CH's have no protection, particularly against the fast breakaway. Halliday isn't that player.

Haring played against Dundee. 

5 minutes ago, Wilson said:

From my understanding the development fee is split between every club who had the player under contract, so Walsall will be due something but Fulham will be due most as they “developed” the player. The key for getting him in January will be to convince Walsall that they will get more money by taking our offer now than they would if he signs the pre-contract. But the way Walsall have been acting in all of this they’re coming off as pretty unprofessional and quite honestly thick when it comes to football business so I wouldn’t hold much hope of a deal getting done. They’ll cut off their nose to spite their face and hold onto him until the summer.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The stats would say the exact opposite from what you have posted. 

I don't know what you are watching. 

We are scoring plenty but conceding too much. 

We are also top. 

Even yesterday we scored 2 and still got beat. 

Too much fifa, sky or football manager for some. 

Absolute tripe. 

😂🤣😅😆😂🤣🤣😆 dearie dearie me..

I will take the 'debate from you and I a side and let others decide who is a Walter Mitty re what we have been served for a number of years...

You clearly don't watch Hearts and haven't over a number of years and/or simply ain't got a scoobie, or perhaps both!!!

The fact Hearts are in the 2nd tier of Scottish football would normally be a wee hint for anyone with your mindset not to talk such sheer and utter shyte but some mothers do have em I spose!!!

Enjoy watching the ️ Mr Magoo.....

Auldreekie1874
12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think you are correct.

It was reported that there has been a rule change this month and where you have written end of season it now should read end of calendar year. This means a fee in excess of 100k ( reported in press) will be due should we sign him in the summer. Most of the fee would be due to Fulham with some to Walsall, no figures mentioned.

Think it was a B Anderson piece yesterday if you want to look it up.

2 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Unfortunately his wages are high. 

You never know though.  If you offer a player guaranteed first team games, they might take it, rather than compete with other players.   I'd be offering him guaranteed first team at hearts, that's for certain. 

Nowadays the loaning club don’t usually have to pay much, if anything, as long as the player plays regularly. 

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Btw, pure propaganda from the EEN.

”Neilson’s first choice target for some time.” As if, Savage will have recommended this one.

”Agreed contract terms” but not actually agreed a deal with Walsall.

Savage and Nielson will have been discussing targets since early December when Savage accepted the job. Might even have started earlier than that. Have to assume any signings now are joint efforts 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Nowadays the loaning club don’t usually have to pay much, if anything, as long as the player plays regularly. 

Think that was the situation with Pereira last season. He can go to Hearts as long as they make sure he plays every week. 

Maybe this is why he was rarely dropped. Could even be the same as when Mitchell returned. Started off as a winger, pretty decent one as well then comes back a second time and is fitted into a left-back/wing-back role which clearly didn't suit him. Maybe a case of "if you want him, you play him  where we tell you"

Edited by jambonian

Just now, jambonian said:

Think that was the situation with Pereira last season. He can go to Hearts as long as they make sure he plays every week. 

Maybe this is why he was rarely dropped. Could even be the same as when Mitchell returned. Started off as a winger, pretty decent one as well then comes back a second time and is fitted into a left-back/wing-back role which clearly didn't suit him. Maybe a case of "if you want him, you play him regardless"

It was the case with Mitchell as well. Only due to pay a fee for games they don’t play. Generally speaking if a player on loan plays the vast majority of games then his home club will waive the fee for the few that are missed. United did that with both Perreira and Mitchell in recent seasons 

35 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think you are correct.

Rule changed to end of year in which 23rd birthday falls so dev fee is due unless we wait until next January for him 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

😂🤣😅😆😂🤣🤣😆 dearie dearie me..

I will take the 'debate from you and I a side and let others decide who is a Walter Mitty re what we have been served for a number of years...

You clearly don't watch Hearts and haven't over a number of years and/or simply ain't got a scoobie, or perhaps both!!!

The fact Hearts are in the 2nd tier of Scottish football would normally be a wee hint for anyone with your mindset not to talk such sheer and utter shyte but some mothers do have em I spose!!!

Enjoy watching the ️ Mr Magoo.....

As usual, just wind n piss. 

We've scored 35 goals in 12 league  games 

Conceded 18.

We also scored 5 in 2 sc games. 

You talked about free flowing, attacking football, blah blah

Every stat in the league would say the defence is an issue and we are a very attacking side. 

Robbie had nothing to do with the last couple of years.  You need to move forward. 

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s nothing to do with his age he’s not an academy product of theirs, he’s had a few clubs. He’s under contract to them so they’re due a fee if we sign him now. 

If Walsall don’t offer him a contract then dev fee is due. If they have offered him a contract then no dev fee is due but a transfer fee will be needed. Walsall get a small percentage of his dev fee with Fulham getting bulk of it. Walsall will get 100% of transfer fee. As long as they offer him a new deal on same or better terms than current one there will be no dev fee involved only a transfer fee. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

As usual, just wind n piss. 

We've scored 35 goals in 12 league  games 

Conceded 18.

We also scored 5 in 2 sc games. 

You talked about free flowing, attacking football, blah blah

Every stat in the league would say the defence is an issue and we are a very attacking side. 

Robbie had nothing to do with the last couple of years.  You need to move forward. 

Agreed, it’s a defensive issue  we have. Three goals conceded in all three games we have lost. Not good enough. Scoring and creating for fun at the other end of the pitch. 
Popescu and a left sided loanee or signing are what needs to be tried out. 

53 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

But Haring would have been chasing shadows as he is too slow also. He would have at least looked like he was bothered

Just now, jambopilms said:

But Haring would have been chasing shadows as he is too slow also. He would have at least looked like he was bothered

He definitely needs to get up to speed, but I feel he reads the game well so doesn’t need too much speed. Has ability to get up the park and play a good ball too, not just safe side passes.

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think you are correct.

Ignore my last post I was wrong.
The rules are a bit vague on how much if anything they are due, not sure if we’re due a development fee or not with it being cross border. Hopefully you are correct, Walsall might be better off taking a small fee now. 

Leveins Battalion

Players we should be all over.

Stuart Findlay

Alan Campbell

Liam Polworth

Jacob Bedeu

Ryan Sweeney 

Dyan Bahaboula

Kyle Turner

All at a great age and a vast improvement on what we have.

I'll add Kai Kennedy aswell.Even a loan next season.

Edited by Leveins Battalion

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Rule changed to end of year in which 23rd birthday falls so dev fee is due unless we wait until next January for him 

Could you provide a link for that so we can all look at it, can’t find much. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If Walsall don’t offer him a contract then dev fee is due. If they have offered him a contract then no dev fee is due but a transfer fee will be needed. Walsall get a small percentage of his dev fee with Fulham getting bulk of it. Walsall will get 100% of transfer fee. As long as they offer him a new deal on same or better terms than current one there will be no dev fee involved only a transfer fee. 

Good stuff 👍🏽, couldn’t really find anything online. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve read my 5 articles for the week 🤬

That's what the ingognito window (Chrome) or Private window (Firefox) is for. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

That's what the ingognito window (Chrome) or Private window (Firefox) is for. 

Will try through Firefox 👍🏽

Cheers it worked 😆

Edited by Pasquale for King

25 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He definitely needs to get up to speed, but I feel he reads the game well so doesn’t need too much speed. Has ability to get up the park and play a good ball too, not just safe side passes.

I agree mate, why is he not getting game time if he is fit enough for the bench 🤷‍♂️seems strange to me.

24 minutes ago, sac said:

EEN saying fee agreed for Adebayo?

Where? Can’t see it anywhere. (Unless you’re referring to the article from earlier saying terms have been agreed with the player?

31 minutes ago, sac said:

EEN saying fee agreed for Adebayo?

If that true that would be a real bonus, Boyce in behind him and Naismith and Walker bemched at best hopefully 

47 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's below Scottish Championship level. The Goalkeepers are shocking. 

But but but English league 2 is better than Scottish premiership. Jesus wept that was appalling. 

40 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Players we should be all over.

Stuart Findlay

Alan Campbell

Liam Polworth

Jacob Bedeu

Ryan Sweeney 

Dyan Bahaboula

Kyle Turner

All at a great age and a vast improvement on what we have.

I'll add Kai Kennedy aswell.Even a loan next season.

Yeah I thought Kennedy was full of energy yesterday but you have to factor in the opposition (I.e. us).

Robbie too proud to sign Rangers youth is another story, his judgement of signing 4 wingers is flawed, trusting him to win this championship is one huge risk.

A new CB is imperative for me this window. We really need to start building a solid 11 that can compete in the Premiership. Currently our CBs wouldn't get in any of the Prem teams.  Just look at St Johnstone's defence last night, no egos or desire to be the new Messi. 

10 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Yeah I thought Kennedy was full of energy yesterday but you have to factor in the opposition (I.e. us).

Thought He was MotM yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Could you provide a link for that so we can all look at it, can’t find much. 

Nope, read about it weeks ago. Think it just came into effect 1/1/21 but not sure. FIFA rule change 

1 hour ago, Auldreekie1874 said:

It was reported that there has been a rule change this month and where you have written end of season it now should read end of calendar year. This means a fee in excess of 100k ( reported in press) will be due should we sign him in the summer. Most of the fee would be due to Fulham with some to Walsall, no figures mentioned.

Think it was a B Anderson piece yesterday if you want to look it up.

Fair enough.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

Correct, Halliday is better utilised further up the park. Neilson will persist with him further back.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )