Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Sir Gio

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Famous 1874

Walsall are ****ed here. Either they take what they are offered by us now, otherwise we’ll sign him on a free in the summer. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Same. I like a striker who can be in the right place at the right time and to show some composure to be able to slot these chances home. 

He looks like he's often the first man into the box which is what I like to see from a striker. A big lad like him would surely cause a lot of confusion in the box if he's in there early creating loose balls for, say, Boyce and Naismith to turn in and Irving and others to come on to any headed clearances. He looks quite brave, too.

Half a season in the Championship might serve him well before the larger step up to the Premiership so getting him in now might well give us a better player next season.

JimmyCant
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Walsall are ****ed here. Either they take what they are offered by us now, otherwise we’ll sign him on a free in the summer. 

This assumes we are the only club remotely interested. Let’s talk to him, get him signed on a pre contract, and THEN they’ll have to take our offer or have him leave for nothing.

heartmussel
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Indeed. Again, probably because their lower expectations and their budget dictates their need to do so, outweighs the risk. 

We had a set up through there but closed it down.

Batistuta87
12 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

He looks like he's often the first man into the box which is what I like to see from a striker. A big lad like him would surely cause a lot of confusion in the box if he's in there early creating loose balls for, say, Boyce and Naismith to turn in and Irving and others to come on to any headed clearances. He looks quite brave, too.

Half a season in the Championship might serve him well before the larger step up to the Premiership so getting him in now might well give us a better player next season.

Definitely 👍

This, along with the noise coming from the Walsall support who seem to be quite gutted about losing him, saying he'll do well etc, is encouraging. Hopefully we can get a deal done. 

33 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

"There's only one Elijah Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalana Ayomikulehin Adebayo" 

Have you actually verified that? Sure I know one.

Theres the Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalanas Ayomikulehin Adebayos fi Tranent.

Not sure if they have an Elijah mind.

Batistuta87
20 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Looks a big unit with decent feet. Nnot sure he gas a lot of pace. 

Think he looks quite quick for his size. He's got the sort of build that Lukaku had in his West Brom days. 

Bunny Munro
20 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

This assumes we are the only club remotely interested. Let’s talk to him, get him signed on a pre contract, and THEN they’ll have to take our offer or have him leave for nothing.

This would be my move also.

Also means he's more likely to put pressure on from inside.

fabienleclerq
35 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

From that video it looks like he is far more comfortable and natural with a ball at his feet than Uche ever was. 

He can play a five yard pass so it's already an upgrade. 

Robbo-Jambo
26 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Looks a big unit with decent feet. Nnot sure he gas a lot of pace. 

Tell you what, for a big guy most of his goals are poacher type ones which is a good thing along with j his strength and power to create for others. 

Boy's two-footed too. Seem to recall, that Sow's stats weren't brilliant either upon joining us. 

I doubt he's here to be the next Robbo. **** it, let's hound him anyway. Is Levein getting the blame for this, or is Savage getting it, for recommendation of supposed lower league diddies?🤔

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Correct. I give you "the wizard" that is Craig Wighton as a fine example of that.

Dundee were in the same league when we signed him. 

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, jamle1874 said:

Here’s link to the boys goals upto date had to do it on google drive as YouTube takes it down for copyright

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xZ74FyISn9ypmnL-aGA5wmZ3QQTaVs74/view?usp=drivesdk

Decent watch

A 6-yard box striker, which we are crying out for.

I have posted many times that I thought Boyce would be this, but he wants to be involve Harry Kane style.

hmfc_liam06

"A Levein type signing"

Yes, Levein is the only manager in football to sign tall strikers.

Any chance we can look forwards and not backwards?

will wait to see him play before passing judgement if we do sign him, seen us sign enough dead cert quality signings who turned out pish to last a lifetime 

Mr Brightside
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Mike Galloway. ****ing hell, I was about a month old when we signed him. Anyone else in the last 30 years? :laugh2:

Michael Smith was playing League 1 in England.

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

I think this is encouraging. Given his contract situation we have presumably spoken to him and had some indication that he's interested. Being optimistic we may have already agreed rough terms on a pre contract and are now asking Walsall about the possibility of getting him this month rather than the summer.

23 minutes ago, Barack said:

Cosgrove didn't exactly inspire at Carlisle or at Aberdeen initially.

That's true and had been picked up originally by a Premier club. 

Sometimes takes a while for taller players to learn their body and brush off awkward movements 

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Gimme an H... said:

Can finish with both feet and his head then. Good. 

Will be a handful. 

Perfect hat-tricks coming up then 

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

May as well send Ginnelly back to England's lower leagues too. 

Might as well the boy can’t get a game for Preston so obviously not good enough for us 

people need to calm down boy might be good might not thats the same for everybody when getting players look at Duffy at Celtic I thought that was a really good player and what they needed and he’s been a complete huddy 

David Black

For the last few years many on here have rightly complained that we do not use the lower English leagues for signings, sighting Motherwell and Aberdeen as the prime examples. Now we are doing what they complained about and they are complaining. Unreal.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Michael Smith was playing League 1 in England.

He’s now playing in the Championship in Scotland 😆

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, David Black said:

For the last few years many on here have rightly complained that we do not use the lower English leagues for signings, sighting Motherwell and Aberdeen as the prime examples. Now we are doing what they complained about and they are complaining. Unreal.

Hahahahaha fair point 😂

Auld Reekin'
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Assume you're talking about Roberts and Frear, whom I agree have been utter pish at doing this. Ginnelly is still sort of finding his feet I think, but he has done well getting down the line and getting it into the box. GMS has played about 20mins but historically has been this type of player too. Smith and Kinglsey also like to get forward and do the same. Irving puts some dangerous balls in from set-pieces...

If he can attack the ball in the box, and if he can wrestle with defenders, he'll do alright. He certainly has the physical attributes we're screaming out for right now. Whether or not he has the technical ability of course remains to be seen.  Normally when we're linked with a striker I look at their goals v appearances and am normally pretty underwhelmed to see they're scoring at a rate of a goal every 9-10 games or something. This lad, while still young and with less than 100 pro appearances to his name, is sitting at 1 in 4. 

Rather than "doing an Uche", I'd much prefer he held them off, within the rules and using his strength and physique effectively.   :thumbsup:

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Might as well the boy can’t get a game for Preston so obviously not good enough for us 

people need to calm down boy might be good might not thats the same for everybody when getting players look at Duffy at Celtic I thought that was a really good player and what they needed and he’s been a complete huddy 

You’re right about Duffy, I thought too. I think it shows that CHs can look much better with their team sitting on their own 18 yard line, Halkett being another example. 

5 minutes ago, David Black said:

No one's complained about it though. 

Pasquale for King

Since we gave someone the SD job who has a great knowledge of the lower leagues in England, and the wage cap in L1&2, and Brexit, we were always likely to signing players from down there for the next while anyway. 

Neil Dongcaster
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Since we gave someone the SD job who has a great knowledge of the lower leagues in England, and the wage cap in L1&2, and Brexit, we were always likely to signing players from down there for the next while anyway. 

Great market for us.

heartmussel

Apparently Walsall have refused us permission to talk to player

My pal just called. A huge Walsall fan and says our offer has been rejected(maybe old news?). Says he's a big unit but can't jump. Good at holding the ball up and can dribble. Says Gordon is the guy to go for (no idea what his contract situation is)

JimmyCant
2 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

That’s not right. We don’t need permission. Possibly we’ve made an offer which they rejected but they can’t stop us talking to him or signing him on a pre contract agreement

Jamhammer
4 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

He’s free to talk to other clubs as contract up in summer no?

Pans Jambo
34 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

"A Levein type signing"

Yes, Levein is the only manager in football to sign tall strikers.

Any chance we can look forwards and not backwards?

Indeed. That bloody Joe Jordan's got a lot to answer for!

jonnothejambo
2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He’s free to talk to other clubs as contract up in summer no?

Yes, he is free to speak to other clubs.

jonnothejambo
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

That’s not right. We don’t need permission. Possibly we’ve made an offer which they rejected but they can’t stop us talking to him or signing him on a pre contract agreement

:spoton:

Jim Panzee
19 minutes ago, David Black said:

is it the actual same posters though? (don't know so genuine question)

Great stuff. 

About time people started calling us a “big fussicil” team in every second sentence. 

52 minutes ago, Homme said:

May as well send Ginnelly back to England's lower leagues too. 

Exactly - one or two on here with the mindset that they want the players we sign to fail.  

Edited by Deevers
Skacelsid

New signings have always excited me, some work out some not, that's football. Hope we sign the lad and hope is a success. If he pulls on the maroon and gives 100% he will get my and most Hearts fans backing. Sadly there are a few that would rather he flopped, strange people and best ignored.

NANOJAMBO
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Have you actually verified that? Sure I know one.

Theres the Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalanas Ayomikulehin Adebayos fi Tranent.

Not sure if they have an Elijah mind.

😄

Maroonjam
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Decent watch

A 6-yard box striker, which we are crying out for.

I have posted many times that I thought Boyce would be this, but he wants to be involve Harry Kane style.

Exactly what I see. Jane has dropped very deep this year and Boyce seems to be playing deeper and trying too hard/be clever which involves him losing the ball. I would rather he did a one touch lay off and turned to run behind and be in the box but he doesn't. Neilson seems to have identified that too so fingers crossed it we get this lad it allows Boyce to be more prolific in and around the box. 

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, jamle1874 said:

Here’s link to the boys goals upto date had to do it on google drive as YouTube takes it down for copyright

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xZ74FyISn9ypmnL-aGA5wmZ3QQTaVs74/view?usp=drivesdk

Hmm...seems to spend all his time lurking around their opponents' six yard box pouncing on chances and scoring goals.  But where are his defensive qualities??  Aha!  You see?  Not good enough for Hearts.

::troll::

2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Surely if a player is out of contract at the end of the season they are free to speak to whoever they like about a new deal after their existing contract expires.

Do the rules not state that you can sign a pre contract agreement in January?

I wonder if this article is about us wanting to take him now for a fee? and this is what they are refusing.?

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Kyle1874 said:

I thought they'd done well to sign Duffy and was surprised he was moving to Celtic (other than the fact that he's a supporter). 

But aye, he's dire. 

Batistuta87
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Surely if a player is out of contract at the end of the season they are free to speak to whoever they like about a new deal after their existing contract expires.

Do the rules not state that you can sign a pre contract agreement in January?

I wonder if this article is about us wanting to take him now for a fee? and this is what they are refusing.?

We could get him on a pre-contract now aye, but he wouldn't join up with the squad until the summer. If we want him now, we'll have to pay some kind of fee. Assuming that's what's been rejected (if it has).

Edited by Batistuta87
  • davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )