January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

StevenNaismith

Posted on here a couple of days ago he had agreed, Ginnelly should be announced soon too then fingers crossed we can get a deal done with Irving. 🤞🏼

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Keeping Smith and Kingsley for next season is probably a bigger deal than anyone new we bring in this window. Lovely stuff. 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Kingsley extends deal - updated ))

We've struggled at left-back since McHattie and Eckersley so to get Kingsley signed up is a great piece of business. At least if anyone does come in for him he can't go without a transfer fee. Longer would've been a bit better but it's a start. He may extend it again as it starts to run down.

Brilliant news, Kingsley is quality and to have him and smith as our full backs with GMS and Ginnelly in front of them is just superb. Well done Hearts, now if we can get Irving signed up ASAP that would be just superb. 

FTH

18Jambo_dave74

Been an excellent window so far - new contracts for Smith and Kingsley plus signing GMS. 

Irving and Ginnelly next please. 

Edited by 18Jambo_dave74

12 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Keeping Smith and Kingsley for next season is probably a bigger deal than anyone new we bring in this window. Lovely stuff. 

Agreed. It is hard to see the club topping those two signings. Great news  

Delighted with this. Been very impressed with Kingsley. 

Ginnelly next please. Along with Irving. A new striker in, and it'll have been a very decent winter window 👌 

Well done HMFC!

Edited by copa-mundial

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Good news, nice stuff. Would love a full back of similar quality on he right. 

Michael Smith.....?

14 minutes ago, pointon said:

Good news would have preferred longer deal though 

Yeah, bit disappointed about the length, but nonetheless very pleased to have kept him. Hopefully we can get Irving signed up long term next!

Great work from Robbie and Joe. Reckon Kingsley would have interest south of the border. Hoping we can try and get his deal extended a bit further later down the line but takes the immediate pressure off to getting a deal done. 

1 minute ago, HMFC1-5 said:

Michael Smith.....?

Would like to look for a better RB in an attacking sense. I think he’s better at CH.  

I don’t think it’ll happen in the next year. He’ll play next season, maybe a new RB thereafter.  

6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Would like to look for a better RB in an attacking sense. I think he’s better at CH.  

I don’t think it’ll happen in the next year. He’ll play next season, maybe a new RB thereafter.  

Only one person to replace him eventually....Steven O'Donnell for me. A pre-contract for summer would be ideal.

12 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Adebayo looks like he could have a good potential to grow and seems decent already

I'd also like us to go for some of the SPFL regulars that are out of contract. 

Has been working for other teams for ages, we always seemed to miss out on the right ones. Like:

Stuart Findlay at CB

Liam Polworth at CM

Connor McClennan out wide

Think McClennan would offer us a different kind of winger to Gino & GMS

According to my Dons pal we have an interest in McLennan. He’s out of contract in the summer and not had an offer yet from Aberdeen. McInnes wants to keep him,  but from what I have been told he is sitting things out just now and seeing what offers come his way.

Gimme an H...

18 months is good business. If he gets a bad injury we could be paying him a decent wage for 3 years without any return. Longer deals should be kept for youngsters ie Irving where we're more likely to sell for a profit. 

Good to have you for another 18 months Kingsley 👍🏼

1 minute ago, Gimme an H... said:

18 months is good business. If he gets a bad injury we could be paying him a decent wage for 3 years without any return. Longer deals should be kept for youngsters ie Irving where we're more likely to sell for a profit. 

Good to have you for another 18 months Kingsley 👍🏼

I’m delighted with Kingsley and a similar deal for Ginelly is the smart move if we’re not 100% sure of his fitness 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Now to sort out centre backs. 

Shaping nicely though. July August 22 European ties will return 

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I was just thinking that, we normally over the years have two classy centre backs, and shite full backs, it's the complete opposite this time, however if we get Ginelly tied down to a contract as well, then it's a superb window! 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

🙏 love a midweek euro tie. Special tynecastle atmosphere. 

Just now, The Old Tolbooth said:

I was just thinking that, we normally over the years have two classy centre backs, and shite full backs, it's the complete opposite this time, however if we get Ginelly tied down to a contract as well, then it's a superb window! 

I wonder if we may see Berra go this window like Lee etc and a new one come in.

36 minutes ago, pointon said:

Good news would have preferred longer deal though 

Can't win with these situations.

We give a player an 18 month deal, and everyone says it should have been longer.  We give a player a 3 or 4 year deal and they go mental, especially if something goes wrong like a long term injury.

18 months is a perfect amount of time, and hopefully will see him complete a season back in the Scottish Premiership before deciding what to do next.

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

a little Kingsley tease on the twitter...

That's brilliant 👍.    Should have his goal versus Dunfermline as well squeezed in, it was a high quality header.   ☺ 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )