January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

The Old Tolbooth
9 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I wonder if we may see Berra go this window like Lee etc and a new one come in.

I genuinely can't see Berra leaving mate, he was made captain when Naisy wasn't playing the other week, so he's clearly highly thought of. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

36 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Best LB since Takis?

Lee Wallace? 

Whatever, another great bit of business. I'm really looking forward to seeing players like Kingsley, Mackay-Steven and Ginnelly in the flesh.

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I genuinely can't see Berra leaving mate, he was made captain when Naisy wasn't playing the other week, so he's clearly highly thought of. 

He has been a great servant to Hearts and some player in his time but I am not sure we should be offering him a new contract.

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, steve123 said:

He has been a great servant to Hearts and some player in his time but I am not sure we should be offering him a new contract.

I totally agree, but right now we have two mediocre centre backs in Berra and Halkett, and a bomb scare in Popescu, I reckon his project for next season after securing a striker and guaranteed firepower will be to address the centre half positions, and also add to the midfield, if he doesn't this window. 

8 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Lee Wallace? 

Whatever, another great bit of business. I'm really looking forward to seeing players like Kingsley, Mackay-Steven and Ginnelly in the flesh.

Forgot about Lee. 

Whatever indeed though. Quality has been few and far between in that area. Glad to have him tied up for a bit longer. 

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I totally agree, but right now we have two mediocre centre backs in Berra and Halkett, and a bomb scare in Popescu, I reckon his project for next season after securing a striker and guaranteed firepower will be to address the centre half positions, and also add to the midfield, if he doesn't this window. 

i don't mind Popescu imo

59 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Woohoo! Now let's get working on extending it!!

Maybe some caution around what league we'll be in next season. 

Finances still uncertain.

Great news. Another example of a player who quickly gets the club. 

19 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Can't win with these situations.

We give a player an 18 month deal, and everyone says it should have been longer.  We give a player a 3 or 4 year deal and they go mental, especially if something goes wrong like a long term injury.

18 months is a perfect amount of time, and hopefully will see him complete a season back in the Scottish Premiership before deciding what to do next.

Bit presumptuous that we 'gave' Kingsley 18 months . Contracts are two way streets . I would think it is more likely the length of deal was the players choice

4 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Bit presumptuous that we 'gave' Kingsley 18 months . Contracts are two way streets . I would think it is more likely the length of deal was the players choice

Oh come on, don't be that pedantic, you know fine well what I meant by it.

7 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

i don't mind Popescu imo

No the baying mob have spoken. He’s a “bombscare”

Had a really poor game as a sub when played out of position and that’s him

Great news! I kinda got the feeling (when he initially came to us) he wouldn't be with us for long.... dunno why, just seemed like he was using us as a shop window - at least that was the impression I got. Can't really explain it.

So glad he has put pen to paper, cracking player.

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Agree hes a better option  than Berra

Really pleased with this signing. Our business so far really has the feeling of building a good strong squad, consistently, with one or two tweaks during transfer windows, rather than wholesale changes, every time. 

43 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I was just thinking that, we normally over the years have two classy centre backs, and shite full backs, it's the complete opposite this time, however if we get Ginelly tied down to a contract as well, then it's a superb window! 

i've managed to quote the wrong post here:facepalm:

i meant to quote the post about european football returning for us in summer 22

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No they won't

they'll return thus summer after we win this years Scottish Cup 😎

Edited by jambosean75
i'm a halfwit

Hackney Hearts

Robbie Neilson said: “I’m delighted that we’ve got this one over the line".

Definitely over the line..? Only thanks to video technology I should think.

Morgaro Gomis

I don’t think Popescu is anywhere near good enough, I also think he was correctly dropped after looking dodgy in a few games before his horrendous performance against Dunfermline.

However, I think he has made fewer mistakes leading to goals than Berra this season and we were far quicker to drop him than we are with Berra - who should also be now dropped after recent showings.

Like choosing between a rock and a hard place, neither are good enough. I’d be tempted to give Popescu another shot though, as I feel Berra needs dropped. 

Morgaro Gomis

On topic though - great news about Kingsley. I think that 18 months probably suits both parties and makes sense even if I’d liked it to have been slightly longer.

Kidd’s Boots

Some real intentions shown here by the club and player that there is a eye on the future and a return to the Premiership.  In normal times to have this much success in the January window is unheard of, fingers crossed for more good news.

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

yep folk had a go at him for the deflected goal against Dunfermline and yet he hit the woodwork twice with headers in the second half. i think we need to give him a chance. Berra has been a great servant but his pace has gone and you can see he panics if he is given the ball when an opposing player moves towards him

Kidd’s Boots
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

yep folk had a go at him for the deflected goal against Dunfermline and yet he hit the woodwork twice with headers in the second half. i think we need to give him a chance. Berra has been a great servant but his pace has gone and you can see he panics if he is given the ball when an opposing player moves towards him

Spot on, from you and Jamhammer. 

Hackney Hearts

The Scotland cap scored a brace on his Championship debut against Dundee

He joins his full-back compatriot Michael Smith in pledging his future to the Jambos

Smith switching to Scotland now? Or Kingsley playing for Northern Ireland?

Either way, delighted at this news - he's been brilliant (apart from missing that header to equalise at Dundee).

jamboinglasgow
55 minutes ago, Deevers said:

According to my Dons pal we have an interest in McLennan. He’s out of contract in the summer and not had an offer yet from Aberdeen. McInnes wants to keep him,  but from what I have been told he is sitting things out just now and seeing what offers come his way.

aberdeen have now offered him a contract

3 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Smith switching to Scotland now? Or Kingsley playing for Northern Ireland?

Either way, delighted at this news - he's been brilliant (apart from missing that header to equalise at Dundee).

I think they were just trying to be fancy and not say “the other full back” but hey, that’s the standard of Scottish sports journalist’s grammar for you

fabienleclerq

Great business, just need to sign a CH and we have a pretty good foundation. 

What's folks thoughts on Haring moving to CH? 

Hackney Hearts
4 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

I think they were just trying to be fancy and not say “the other full back” but hey, that’s the standard of Scottish sports journalist’s grammar for you

I agree - although that was from the Hearts official website! 

"Fellow full-back" would have been fine.

BTW - was that an ironically misplaced apostrophe in 'journalist's grammar' ?! :wink:

Edited by Hackney Hearts

25 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Oh come on, don't be that pedantic, you know fine well what I meant by it.

Not really being pedantic , people tend to look at players contracts this way . It was a general comment but you using the give word just emphasised my point

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Interesting to see what he does now.

Yup, McInnes says he is hopeful he will sign, but we could offer a better chance for him. Though it would mean if Aberdeen have offered a deal that there is now compensation due if he moves.

18 months for Kingsley is a good move. He has been an attacking threat in the championship but has also been defensively suspect at times including being at fault a number of recent goals particularly losing his man. Will be interesting to see how he does in the Premiership. Is he able to have the same impact going forward and is he able to improve his concentration in defence. If he starts next season well then hopefully we will be discussing a longer extension this time next year.

28 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Spot on, from you and Jamhammer. 

Unbelievable he has no chance and will hopefully move on at end of season.

33 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

I don’t think Popescu is anywhere near good enough, I also think he was correctly dropped after looking dodgy in a few games before his horrendous performance against Dunfermline.

However, I think he has made fewer mistakes leading to goals than Berra this season and we were far quicker to drop him than we are with Berra - who should also be now dropped after recent showings.

Like choosing between a rock and a hard place, neither are good enough. I’d be tempted to give Popescu another shot though, as I feel Berra needs dropped. 

Unbelievable pure gash. 

22 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Did he not come to Hearts as a CB ? I think he could play the position which would allow Halliday and Irivng to play CM .

Morgaro Gomis
4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Unbelievable he has no chance and will hopefully move on at end of season.

Unbelievable pure gash. 

Whats gash about my opinion? Assuming you’re able to back up stuff you come out with rather than just presenting your opinions as fact. 

4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Did he not come to Hearts as a CB ? I think he could play the position which would allow Halliday and Irivng to play CM .

He would be good playing anywhere. 

33 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Not for me. I think he struggled there in the limited games he played after signing before moving into midfield. Thats what I remember anyway.

I have my doubts if he'll ever get back to the level to where he's seen as an important player but he deserves all the time he needs. Hopefully a proper preseason will do him the world of good. 

Really happy with the Kingsley news. 

Edited by Ari Gold

8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

He would be good playing anywhere. 

Got my fingers and toes crossed that Souttar can over come his injuries and get back playing regular. 

2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Got my fingers and toes crossed that Souttar can over come his injuries and get back playing regular. 

I would always have a place in my team for Haring. 

Bazzas right boot

Smith, Kingsley and Irving extending we're what I wanted most, along with Gino signing on. 

2/4, see what happens next. 

GMS in is braw as well. 

Smith and Kingsley great business, but is it nor correct that these deals can be done at any time, and not only in a window?

If so, I'm still hopeful that new players will be coming in, and maybe effort should be on these before extensions? 

1 minute ago, ericb said:

Smith and Kingsley great business, but is it nor correct that these deals can be done at any time, and not only in a window?

If so, I'm still hopeful that new players will be coming in, and maybe effort should be on these before extensions? 

Probably being ebbed out in drips to sate the masses when we don't sign anyone. Had been told Irving and Ginnelly have since put pen to paper but won't be announced till next week. We all love a rumour though. 

2 minutes ago, ericb said:

They are also able to sign for another club for nothing at anytime until we get the contract signed, I am delighted we have these done now but also looking forward to seeing who else is coming in.

Edited by steve123

4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

It's an issue. We should maybe be looking at two new defenders for next season. I think back to Levein after being out for very long periods of time. Hopefully Souttar can kick on but if he's injured again then it could well be all over for him.

2 minutes ago, ericb said:

We don't need to sign anyone to win the league. Smith and Kingsley could have signed pre contracts this month with other clubs so it was important to get them signed up. 

haveyouheard1874
58 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Some real intentions shown here by the club and player that there is a eye on the future and a return to the Premiership.  In normal times to have this much success in the January window is unheard of, fingers crossed for more good news.

Spot on 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )