• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

You think we would have someone in the academy we could develop in this league.  Under no circumstances we should be developing other Scottish clubs player's, paying for the privilege.

10 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Was thinking the same. Interestingly there was an ITK guy (can’t remember which one) that posted a few weeks ago that we had already signed Josh.  

😉

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

If it’s a right back from the Premier League we’re after, Ralston and Nathan Patterson were the two that popped in to my head.

Cant see it being Patterson as Rangers are wanting him to play a lot more once the league is settled.

35 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’d be delighted if we’ve signed josh. 

I would have been a month or so ago but the hamstring issues have caused a doubt. 

19 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Would see similar. I do think Brandon will go out on loan next season, with a long injury I think he wont release him early (unless a club signs him) but look for him to go out on loan. Think Popescu will be back up to Souttar, Findlay and Halkett unless we want a youngster to be 4th choice CB. Still think Irving will be off. Cochrane is also out of contract at the end of the season, though sure I read Robbie saying a few months ago is they are thinking of keeping him on past next year.

The thing is that we could easily be down to a first team squad (before new signings) of as low as 13 if all those go. But it may be what we need to rebuild the squad properly after years of poor recruitment.

I think this part is very true. Assuming we are promoted then there has never really been a better time to refresh the squad.

kingantti1874
18 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I would have been a month or so ago but the hamstring issues have caused a doubt. 

agree. But he doesn’t appear to have had problems pre hearts.. worth the gamble because he’s the most effective out and out winger I’ve seen since Neil McCann

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

agree. But he doesn’t appear to have had problems pre hearts.. worth the gamble because he’s the most effective out and out winger I’ve seen since Neil McCann

He did actually have an issue when he was at Bristol Rovers.

One Rovers player who won't be fit to play the Black Cats is winger Josh Ginnelly who has returned to parent club Preston North End to undergo the first stage of rehab on a hip injury.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

He did actually have an issue when he was at Bristol Rovers.

One Rovers player who won't be fit to play the Black Cats is winger Josh Ginnelly who has returned to parent club Preston North End to undergo the first stage of rehab on a hip injury.

Wasn’t aware of that one. Still - He’s good enough that I’d take the gamble 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Wasn’t aware of that one. Still - He’s good enough that I’d take the gamble 

I think most players who have a bit of genuine pace are prone to this type of injury.

I am not suggesting that he is in the same league but Ryan Giggs was plagued with hamstring injuries througout much of his younger playing days.

He did seem to get better the older he got with less injuries. Maybe he managed his training routine better or his body adjusted better.

Assuming we have signed him on a permanent deal we will just have to make sure that we have an alternative to him as I think he will be one of those players that will be out more than he is in.

scott herbertson
2 hours ago, Gimme an H... said:

Neilson said in his presser that he's stayed with us as he's good to have around the place. 

Anyone else get a vision of him doing the dishes, cleaning the dressing room floor, running down to the shops for some fags....?

38 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Anyone else get a vision of him doing the dishes, cleaning the dressing room floor, running down to the shops for some fags....?

Shouldn't be running anywhere on that hamstring <_<

Shanghai Hearts
17 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The article is reporting what was said on PLZ.

Peter Martin does say that Hearts have signed  Findlay, but does sound like he misread the Sun article saying we are in talks.

Cheers.....thought I had missed something, as seen nothing confirmed elsewhere.

2 hours ago, keifrb said:

You think we would have someone in the academy we could develop in this league.  Under no circumstances we should be developing other Scottish clubs player's, paying for the privilege.

Where I'm at. I know the feeling was Cammy Logan was a wee bit timid pre season and he loan out would toughen him up.

But if lower leagues aren't going to play he'd be as well being back up to Smith or play a bit once games wrapped up.

The thought of a Connor Randall or someone just for the sake of it doesn't seem worth it to me.

2 hours ago, keifrb said:

We seem to be doing it for others. 

WheatfieldWarrior
11 hours ago, tian447 said:

Yeah this really is a strange one! 

Usually when an on-loan player is injured, they go back to their parent club for treatment and recovery, then we never see them again. 

Maybe he is staying with us so he doesn't have to self isolate by going back home, but I hope it's because there have been discussions about staying here next year! 

Found a burd up here would be my guess.

51 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Lafferty signs for Killie till end of the season

Killie currently 8pts behind St Mirren in 6th place and they're sitting at 150/1 for a top 6 finish. 

Could be worth a fiver now that they've signed the big man 😂

19 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Killie currently 8pts behind St Mirren in 6th place and they're sitting at 150/1 for a top 6 finish. 

Could be worth a fiver now that they've signed the big man 😂

Which bookies is that with?  I'd be sticking a few pounds on that, at least! 

10 games left to play, although they do potentially need a 12 point swing as St Mirren have 2 games in hand, and their next game is the Huns away.

Stranger things have happened, and teams in that league take points off each other all over the place.

Lafferty signs for Killie, have to wait till august for the next ‘lafferty could do a job’ thread 

Edited by ShedBoy

Shanghai Hearts
2 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Lafferty signs for Killie, have to wait till august for the next ‘lafferty could do a job’ thread 

😀😀

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Couple weeks late but he's got there in the end :lol:

What with Josh Ginnelly? Please show me, I believe i was the first on here to say he signed? 

south morocco
3 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Wighton gone. We clearly believe we have won the title or we wouldn’t be giving the pars players on loan.

Hopefully making room for someone to come in?

1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Pretty happy with Wighton out and Nando in tbh.

Better hold on to that thought, someone posted in the match thread that the big guy is out injured...

😐

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Which bookies is that with?  I'd be sticking a few pounds on that, at least! 

10 games left to play, although they do potentially need a 12 point swing as St Mirren have 2 games in hand, and their next game is the Huns away.

Stranger things have happened, and teams in that league take points off each other all over the place.

Aye... I'm chucking a fiver on it haha. 

FC7C840C-EDE2-4E4A-9BCA-75410624D46F.png

jamboinglasgow

Interesting one, I did think before that there may be a view that if he was still with us and Dunfermline got close to us, Wighton might subconciously think that he will be in the Premiership next season if Dunfermline win so no need to try as hard. So better letting him move and have players focused on Hearts.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ginnelly looks like burning money to me, which perversely is a positive we have money to burn. 

Can't be deemed anything other than a risk on minutes played to injured.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Wighton didn't make much sense keeping. 

Had he played for us, what was his motivation with Dunfermline our closest challenge. 

Once he signed there,  this actually makes sense, I'm not concerned 

1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

Wonder who his first game will be against :whistling:

47 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Didn’t Neilson say he would only leave if we received cash for him?

Maybe Dunfermline paying al of his wages. Frees up a bit cash. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Ginnelly looks like burning money to me, which perversely is a positive we have money to burn. 

Can't be deemed anything other than a risk on minutes played to injured.

Might be on a deal heavily based on appearance fees rather than a basic wage

So I’m confused. I thought loans after the window only applied to teams below the top division loaning from the top division? As in, two championship teams can’t loan to one another. But evidently they can.

54 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Maybe Dunfermline paying al of his wages. Frees up a bit cash. 

And we will be able to have a clause that he can’t play against us as he’s on loan. If he signed proper then we wouldn’t be able to do that I assume