• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Technically he isn't out of reach. I've always sort of compared him to Reagan Poole who he came through the Man Utd academy with - they both played the same position and were direct competition for one another. Poole is currently at Lincoln City with an estimated market value of £225k, Dunne's estimated value is just under £200k.

By comparison, Souttar's is sitting around £600k. 

I wonder what wages he's on though... Must be on £7-10k p/w?? Maybe we could tempt him with £4k? 

At his age, it might just be about experience.  Come and play 50 games in a row as first choice at a good level, get back in the ROI squad and someone like Sheff Utd, Brighton or whatever might just take you on, ready for their first team.  Might not be many can offer him that type of opportunity, even if they can offer him a bit more money.  Comes down to his priorities.

If not Jimmy Dunne, it's certainly a type of player we should be looking at.  Someone with drive to make it to the top, but willing to work hard to get there and take the opportunity.  Looks like thats the deal with McEneff.

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

At his age, it might just be about experience.  Come and play 50 games in a row as first choice at a good level, get back in the ROI squad and someone like Sheff Utd, Brighton or whatever might just take you on, ready for their first team.  Might not be many can offer him that type of opportunity, even if they can offer him a bit more money.  Comes down to his priorities.

If not Jimmy Dunne, it's certainly a type of player we should be looking at.  Someone with drive to make it to the top, but willing to work hard to get there and take the opportunity.  Looks like thats the deal with McEneff.

not only play every game, but i think dunne enjoyed himself with us so coming back to a club he enjoyed playing at could help sway him if he is available

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Very true. 2 seasons as a top performer in Scotland would definitely get him into the ROI squad and would be catching the eye like you say of some OK clubs down south. 

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

not only play every game, but i think dunne enjoyed himself with us so coming back to a club he enjoyed playing at could help sway him if he is available

We could have a clause in his contract that he won't get battered with a boom mic this time!

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Very true. 2 seasons as a top performer in Scotland would definitely get him into the ROI squad and would be catching the eye like you say of some OK clubs down south. 

You'd maybe say the same if you were a low to mid table English Champ team, i suppose!!

Like we've seen with Finlay, we can't control our competition, you just hope we're in for the right players.  It's OK to end up at option C, D, E etc as long at the options start at a high bar!

5 hours ago, Deevers said:

Agree 100%. A bit of inside knowledge and ITK posts are what we want to see on here.  It’s what makes the board interesting during the transfer windows.  Some of these tips come off, some don’t. The amount of vitriol these folk get when their information does not come to fruition is just plain daft.

Agreed

Carl Weathers
16 hours ago, Cruyff said:

There's other left footed CB's out there who are out of contract in the summer, no the end of the world. 

Clark Robertson - Rotherham 

Tom McIntyre - Reading 

Murray Wallace - Millwall

Ulrik Jenssen - Nordsjaelland

Jacob Bedeau - Scunthorpe 

Tom McIntyre is doing well for Reading. Imagine he will be close to a Scotland call up.

23 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Slightly disappointed we couldn't get that one over the line, but I can understand why he would like the idea of a new country and a new challenge somewhere like America. If it doesn't work out, he can always get  chance with someone over here again. Those kinds of chances to try a whole new culture don't come around too often.

Me too. I reckon we'll probably see him back in the UK within 2 years, just be whether or not we're still interested at that point. Still plenty of decent options, I think Dunne or Murray Wallace would be a solid signing. Just obviously, money as both could probably find a Championship club without much issue.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Burnley won't get relegated. 

Probably not because they are the Hamilton Accies of England, absolute cockroaches. 

12 hours ago, Carl Weathers said:

Tom McIntyre is doing well for Reading. Imagine he will be close to a Scotland call up.

On 17/02/2021 at 08:48, Cruyff said:

There's other left footed CB's out there who are out of contract in the summer, no the end of the world. 

Clark Robertson - Rotherham 

Tom McIntyre - Reading 

Murray Wallace - Millwall

Ulrik Jenssen - Nordsjaelland

Jacob Bedeau - Scunthorpe 

Mentioned McIntyre on another thread as my 2nd choice after Jimmy Dunne. He'd be a great signing (and good potential for a sell on since he's only 22), but I'd be really surprised if Reading weren't trying their best to keep him.

Edited by Batistuta87

41 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Mentioned McIntyre on another thread as my 2nd choice after Jimmy Dunne. He'd be a great signing (and good potential for a sell on since he's only 22), but I'd be really surprised if Reading weren't trying their best to keep him.

You'd think so but I looked at his stats and he's only really become first choice at CB in the last 10 games or so, before that he was a sub. Last season he only started about 9 games. He's not the tallest for a CB or at least for what we'd be looking for, a big stopper. Think McIntyre is a bit more of a footballer. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

You'd think so but I looked at his stats and he's only really become first choice at CB in the last 10 games or so, before that he was a sub. Last season he only started about 9 games. He's not the tallest for a CB or at least for what we'd be looking for, a big stopper. Think McIntyre is a bit more of a footballer. 

Yeah you're right. My boss is a big Reading fan though and reckons he's a future captain and all that, being a local lad and having came through the youth ranks so like I say I'd be surprised if they were just to let him go at 22/23. I think they've maybe given him a few games this season to see how he does, see if he's worth keeping or not, and I reckon he probably is for them.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah you're right. My boss is a big Reading fan though and reckons he's a future captain and all that, being a local lad and having came through the youth ranks so like I say I'd be surprised if they were just to let him go at 22/23. I think they've maybe given him a few games this season to see how he does, see if he's worth keeping or not, and I reckon he probably is for them.

Thats true, but Reading seem to get stung with losing young players. In the summer, fellow Scottish academy graduate, Jordan Holsgrove went Celta Vigo at the end of his contract with a lot of Reading fans amazed that they did not keep him on (he has since made his La Liga debut for Celta.)

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thats true, but Reading seem to get stung with losing young players. In the summer, fellow Scottish academy graduate, Jordan Holsgrove went Celta Vigo at the end of his contract with a lot of Reading fans amazed that they did not keep him on (he has since made his La Liga debut for Celta.)

Also true. Would be interesting to know if they tried to keep him and that he chose Celta, or if they never bothered... 

41 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Looks like Celtic are favs to sign Thomas Robert (source The Sun so...)

That'll be his career ****ed then. They'll never play him, loan him out a couple of times, then he'll move to Forest Green Rovers. 

Neil Dongcaster
18 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

After today there will only be 10 league games left in 10 weeks. Will we bother signing anyone (loan or free) before April?

Probably as we like to do things differently.

6 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Bet it’s ralston and Celtic messing us about

He would be my bet. Neilson had him on loan at Dundee United I think.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

After today there will only be 10 league games left in 10 weeks. Will we bother signing anyone (loan or free) before April?

You’ve got to imagine any loan signing would be with a view to the loanee signing in the summer. Similarly any free transfer would surely be either an 18 month deal or with an option to extend.  Like you, I can’t see the point for just ten league games. 

8 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Bet it’s ralston and Celtic messing us about

I think ralston is rank rotten 

plus don’t want anything from that club 

Naismith had a wee dig at him on PLZ soccer 

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Unlikely but he’s still a jambo.  

Would not surpise me as he has the injury record to be a nap signing for us.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It would give the player plenty tiome to get used to his team-mates and ready to hit the ground running next season.

5 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

I think ralston is rank rotten 

plus don’t want anything from that club 

Naismith had a wee dig at him on PLZ soccer 

Remember when he played against neymar and embarrassed himself laughing in his face.

what did naisy say?

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Remember when he played against neymar and embarrassed himself laughing in his face.

what did naisy say?

Peter said you would not stop punching Neymar or words to that affect

Naismith said a bit like ralston at Celtic then 🤣

Grimshaws decent. 

Ralston hasn't really kicked on as much as I thought he would have from youth level. 

David Gray is a Hibs legend, couldn't care if he's a Jambo, he's not welcome. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

David Gray is a Hibs legend, couldn't care if he's a Jambo, he's not welcome. 

Today’s useless trivia : I was at school with his dad. Sang in the same band as me for a while. 🤪

Just now, davemclaren said:

Today’s useless trivia : I was at school with his dad. Sang in the same band as me for a while. 🤪

Is his dad a Jambo?

If he had stuck that header past the post, he'd be welcome any day. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Is his dad a Jambo?

If he had stuck that header past the post, he'd be welcome any day. :lol:

His dad certainly was a jambo, 50 years ago. 🤣

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What band was that Dave? 

• 4 weeks later...
BackOfTheNet
5 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Not saying Hearts should go for him (or that I’d want us to) but if I were Gallagher I’d wait until after the Euros before signing for anyone. Would be a fool to sign a pre-contract before potentially showcasing his abilities on a global stage.

5 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not saying Hearts should go for him (or that I’d want us to) but if I were Gallagher I’d wait until after the Euros before signing for anyone. Would be a fool to sign a pre-contract before potentially showcasing his abilities on a global stage.