January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Watching Charlie Adam take us apart last Saturday I was thinking how good it would be to have a player with that kind of touch and ability to beat a man when barely moving from the spot. Adam didn't need any pace to turn us inside out but I suspect MacKay Steven still has some left and yet will still be able to put players out of the game with a deft touch alone. I also think he'll be an ideal target for Irving's long passes, by moving to the right areas and having the ability to control the ball with his first touch, which may just provide Irving with the boost he maybe requires. All said on the assumption he will sign for us, of course. If he doesn't, well he's rubbish anyway:2thumbsup:

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

8 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Good signing Hearts.  Really happy with that.

Who have we signed? I can't keep up with this thread.

Great signing. We need to be planning for next season and this does exactly that. Really can't stress how important it is we get Kingsley to commit his future here. 

Hopefully he does it. 

The Future's Maroon

Just had a Hibby mate say ‘cracking signing for you lot, we should have been in for him, especially as he is a Hibby’

Dont know if that’s accurate, not that it matters who he supported /supports of course.

1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Just had a Hibby mate say ‘cracking signing for you lot, we should have been in for him, especially as he is a Hibby’

Dont know if that’s accurate, not that it matters who he supported /supports of course.

He did say in a recent interview on open goal with Si Ferry that Hibs were his Scottish team 

AlphonseCapone

Btw, this one thread for all transfer news is quite shite when something actually happens. Folk don't have time to go through the endless pages of crap to find something important. 

Good signing for Hearts but no need for hyperbola ranging from saying he's a great player, to he's an injury prone has-been.

If he was a truly great player he wouldn't be coming to here to the Championship, but on the other hand, give some credibility to the assumption he's been checked out as fit, is making all the right noises in actually wanting to do well for Hearts, and see what happens.

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Look at this ffs 🤬

Has has injuries but also played an average of 35 games a season in 9 years so he’s ok really. 

C082CFDE-58BD-41C9-8F65-F4A226C4E00E.jpeg

This is the Injury History for GMS from transfer Markt.  Don't know how complete it is, but if it is complete, it isn't terrible.

image.thumb.png.08253988ad95d277b94dfa50f55e163c.png

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Not the best photoshop you'll ever see. But kudos for the bantz.

1 point if you can guess who the original picture was?

The Future's Maroon
16 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

He did say in a recent interview on open goal with Si Ferry that Hibs were his Scottish team 

There you go, thanks.

That will change once he falls in love with us!

22 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Watching Charlie Adam take us apart last Saturday I was thinking how good it would be to have a player with that kind of touch and ability to beat a man when barely moving from the spot. Adam didn't need any pace to turn us inside out but I suspect MacKay Steven still has some left and yet will still be able to put players out of the game with a deft touch alone. I also think he'll be an ideal target for Irving's long passes, by moving to the right areas and having the ability to control the ball with his first touch, which may just provide Irving with the boost he maybe requires. All said on the assumption he will sign for us, of course. If he doesn't, well he's rubbish anyway:2thumbsup:

Agree. For too long we’ve not had enough players with a “knack” for doing something just with a bit more quality. 

We’re getting there with the likes of Boyce, possibly Irving.  We all know it takes all types of players to make a team but having a couple of players with a specific ability can be the difference over a season.  

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

This is the Injury History for GMS from transfer Markt.  Don't know how complete it is, but if it is complete, it isn't terrible.

image.thumb.png.08253988ad95d277b94dfa50f55e163c.png

I was bring sarcastic, with the bandage on his head being the alleged funny part. 
I do remember him missing games against us thankfully, and that McInnes playing him on the right and McGinn left was crazy 😂
Hasn’t missed many games at all really, no more than most players anyway. 

Just get him to drop the hyphenated- Steven and he's into a good un 

Cracking player and one of the problem areas addressed very well. 

I know that we need another forward but how I long for a proper dynamic midfielder in the mould of Cameron 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Looks pasty. Boyce?

No unless they’ve photoshopped this seasons training top onto him too 😜

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

Gordon?

Good shout 😆😜

651C4849-6309-44D9-9546-34425B293CA8.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Thought that was last season's? Blatantly I'm not a fashionista.😔

Clearly 😆

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

My other thought was Frear, as looks a bit pencil-necked.

I thought that too. 
It’s Gordon. 

Going by my Twitter feed we've signed  Gary Mackay-Steven on a 2 1/2 year deal. Could do a job but a 2 1/2 years for a player who us over 30 could backfire but hopefully not.

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Fair enough mate. Just opinions. I think Halkett has heart and gives 100% which I like. Not getting into a debate about it though. GMS is a good signing IMO.

Agree on Halkett I also think he will play for Scotland in the future. Lee also I see a player in and hope he gets time in a team playing a style that suits, been a few players at Hearts who have taken a couple of years to get used to the constant abuse - Hartley for one - then gone on to great things.

I have a few reservations, as per my previous post, but he certainly was a great player, and hope he proves me wrong.  

Welcome, Gary, none the less.  

Edited by Paolo

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

My other thought was Frear, as looks a bit pencil-necked.

Can’t be Frear.  Even a photoshop job wouldn’t outsize his heed.  

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Probably better than what we’ve got.

probably? I’m better than what we’ve got. Maybe no 😂 but you get the sentiment

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It's good to know that Deek McInnes will be raging.

:smugger:

Would be excellent if we took a bright young star off their hands as well.    To ease their financial crisis. 

😀 

I will take GMS for now :qqb003:

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )