Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Morgaro Gomis
19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Bit of revision and disrespectful. 

Out of interest how many of the appearances are as a starter and a sub?

Great player when available,  haven't noticed any posts argue against quality 

According to Transfermark, he started 11 games and came off the bench in 13 last season before the MLS was curtailed. Played a total of 1,226 minutes which averages at just over 50 minutes per game. 

I get the point you’re making, but I don’t think fitness has been an issue for him recently. Only lengthy injury he had recently seems to be at Aberdeen in the 18/19 season. 

Edited by Morgaro Gomis

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

We have shown good ambition signing him! 👍

Yes definitely we have.

would imagine he will have a clause if no promotion he can leave?

Have the people who are raging actually looked at our current attackers or watched us play over the past couple of years? 

GMS will be a welcomed addition to the squad. Adding quality and not quantity signings like Frear and Roberts.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Morgaro Gomis said:

According to Transfermark, he started 11 games and came off the bench in 13 last season before the MLS was curtailed. Played a total of 1,226 minutes which averages at just over 50 minutes per game. 

I get the point you’re making, but I don’t think fitness has been an issue for him recently. Only lengthy injury he had recently seems to be at Aberdeen in the 18/19 season. 

Thanks. Numbers for Aberdeen are quite good actually despite the personal incident and his head knock.

Averaging low minutes at New York, around 45, but no clue whether that was injury or selection issues. 

May actually help him moving forward 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

If he's still got any of this in his locker, then I think we'll be ok:

Loves a goal against the hobos. He’ll do for me. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

:berra:

FFS 🤣 I'd punt the pair of them right now if we could!

Maybe GMS could take them swimming 😜

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Folk actually raging we're signing GMS? :vrface:**** sake.

We lost out to Aberdeen for Mcginn while in the too flight and folk were moaning, this is that type of signing while in the championship.  

As another poster said. Looks like we are signing him and smith with next season in mind.  I hope this is the beginning of the end of the typical reactionary signing we've seen for the last few seasons.

7 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Signing GMS is a bridge too far for me.

I'm out.

Feel the club have dived in head first

16 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I always hated GMS as a tricky wee shitehawk player. This is a good sign.

Gordon

GMS

Michael Smith

Halkett

Ginelley

Kingsley

Boyce

Naismith

Irvine

That's the 9 I would keep and build a squad around. Majority of the rest can go.

Spot on and there are a couple I'd add to keep as squad players too.  Add Haring to your list too.

White, Brandon, Wighton I'd keep around for the squad/bench, if they're happy to know their game time will depend on injuries etc.

Then there's Stone, Hamilton, Flatman, Logan, Cochrane, Smith and McGill all of whom may have varying chances of being in 1st team squad.

To me that means we need one or 2 CHs, a box to box CM and prob a CF and we're sorted! Easy this game!

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Is no one worried about all these senior journeymen in our squad and no doubt starting XI?

We have no nucleus to build on.  We are just going through the same old shit - fill gaps one season, fill again the next ad infinitum.

No structure, no stability no reliability.  Not only have we seen about 20 different people wear the armband at one stage or another the past 5 years we are seeing ridiculous turnovers in each position.

The lack of thought in all these 'comfort' singings is scandelous.

Nah, get 18 good months out of him - perhaps another year on top of that - then he moves on with our good wishes.

Don't think you can look much further forward than 18/24 months in football these days.

Furst there was Vladimir
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

His career didn't start until his 20s. I don't think that is nonsense or insignificant. 

He had long spells out at United Celtic and Aberdeen,  New York I didn't follow. 

How many games as he started at all of these clubs?

Don't think its difficult to understand,  but I may be over generous in my assessment of your ability to interpret 

Can you point out the lengthy spell he had out at Celtic due to injury?

For one so learned, that shouldn’t be difficult.

Malinga the Swinga
58 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Bragging about getting a Scotland cap between 2000 - 2020 is like bragging about shagging one of the Rolly Pollys back in the 80s.

How many caps have you accumulated? That would be zero, same amount as number of shags you managed. 

9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

A winger better than any of the current dross we have. What's not to like?

Exactly Frear, Roberts, Moore or GMS? No brainer.

GMS versus Frear or Roberts?  Yes Please!    I know most of us would like to see young, hunger players that have a sell on value,  but I'm pleased to get an experienced winger who can perform well in the SPL.        A good signing for us just now.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Furst there was Vladimir said:

Can you point out the lengthy spell he had out at Celtic due to injury?

For one so learned, that shouldn’t be difficult.

When you answer my questions Oracle 

14 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Swanson is a thick bitter Hibee - not sure where GMS allegencies lie.

We will find out with first touch of  ball in maroon.

poor - cellic bar steward

good - jury will wait 2nd touch

Furst there was Vladimir
Just now, Sir Gio said:

When you answer my questions Oracle 

So you can’t.

More nonsense.

Have a nice day.

Barney bulge
27 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Gordon

GMS

Michael Smith

Halkett

Ginelley

Kingsley

Boyce

Naismith

Irvine

That's the 9 I would keep and build a squad around. Majority of the rest can go.

27 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Gordon

GMS

Michael Smith

Halkett

Ginelley

Kingsley

Boyce

Naismith

Irvine

Think haring could still get back to his best between now and end of season and worth keeping. 

apart from that bang on. 
Gms massive improvement on what we’ve got 

already had hibs fans text saying he was always brilliant against them which is a good sign. 

frear and Robert’s couldn’t lace his boots. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

If he's still got any of this in his locker, then I think we'll be ok:

Excellent bit of business, especially if he’s still a tricky quickly winger!

5 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

We lost out to Aberdeen for Mcginn while in the too flight and folk were moaning, this is that type of signing while in the championship.  

As another poster said. Looks like we are signing him and smith with next season in mind.  I hope this is the beginning of the end of the typical reactionary signing we've seen for the last few seasons.

Exactly. GMS, Smith, Kingsley, Boyce, Gordon are good top flight players. We need a few more but I don't know who would have been a better signing than GMS, he's a very good player and brings, creativity, goals and balance to the team. 

30 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Gordon

GMS

Michael Smith

Halkett

Ginelley

Kingsley

Boyce

Naismith

Irvine

Halkett's no good enough. Need better than him. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Furst there was Vladimir said:

So you can’t.

More nonsense.

Have a nice day.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=58199&season_id=145

Check it out here.

10 games played in 16/17

Hope that's enough for you :)

Toodaloo now chum

👋

Edited by Sir Gio

12 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

GMS deal not as dead as thought still unlikely but not dead as of Tuesday, the loans started today and will move to get more out. Damour has offers ideally we will be looking for it to be permanent but listening to loan offers (basically anyway to get him out of here) same situation with Bobby that’s 2 big wages we want to be saving. Moved into further talks with a few players on the target list still aiming for one before Dunfermline whether that’s possible remains to be seen 👍🏻Have a good weekend and hopefully a signing to make it better 

Knew there was life in GMS deal but not that much wow, great signing massive upgrade 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Can we have a list of potential summer signings who've never had the slightest injury in their careers, please someone?

Hopefully it's quite an exhaustive list and will save us the arguments over the transfer window in the summer.

Fanx.

Xx

Easy, according to the usual miserable non Hearts supporting half wits on here,its as below. 

List of injury prone players 

Everyone and anyone who joins Hearts

List of players not injury prone

Everyone and anyone who signs for someone else. 

If we are to bring players in this window, then GMS certainly fits the profile. 

The only reason I have to be cautious is that usually when Aberdeen and ourselves (and even Hibs) battle it out for a player's signature, the team that misses out rarely lives to regret it. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Halkett's no good enough. Need better than him. 

Fair enough mate. Just opinions. I think Halkett has heart and gives 100% which I like. Not getting into a debate about it though. GMS is a good signing IMO.

2 hours ago, Valois No1 said:

Its defo legit…..apparently is going to Tynie at 2pm. He fancies Edinburgh as a city and place to stay. Anyway hopefully comes true but I must stress I am only passing what I have been told and its defo legit.

HHGH

Good Info mate 👍🏻 Nice one 

Furst there was Vladimir
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Check it out here.

10 games played in 16/17

Toodaloo

👋

So not only do you talk nonsense, you move the goalposts to suit an agenda.

Games played for Celtic do not represent lengthy spells out because of ‘injury problems’.

Dont think it’s difficult to understand, but I may be over generous in my assessment of your ability to interpret.

FYI - he was injured and unavailable for selection for 3 games during his time there.

👋

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Check it out here.

10 games played in 16/17

Toodaloo

👋

What was the lengthy injury he had that season?

The 16/17 Celtic team was easily the best Scottish team of the last decade. Is it not just the case that he wasn't as good as Scott Sinclair, Patrick Roberts and James Forrest?

AlphonseCapone

I mean I wouldn't have confidence in Frear making a bowl of cereal, never mind making it as a decent football player. Roberts isn't much better. 

GMS improves us a lot. Whether that's a compliment to him or a commentary on us, is neither here nor there. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Furst there was Vladimir said:

So not only do you talk nonsense, you move the goalposts to suit an agenda.

Games played for Celtic do not represent lengthy spells out because of ‘injury problems’.

Dont think it’s difficult to understand, but I may be over generous in my assessment of your ability to interpret.

FYI - he was injured and unavailable for selection for 3 games during his time there.

👋

On what basis. What are you backing that up with? 

Is that you Brendan  :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Fair enough mate. Just opinions. I think Halkett has heart and gives 100% which I like. Not getting into a debate about it though. GMS is a good signing IMO.

Think GMS will be a great signing if we get him. Looking positive by all accounts. Used to hate seeing his name on the opposition team sheet when playing against us. Still a good age and he should give us something very different out wide.

Would be ultra happy with this signing and if it went through.

Hopefully no issues with his medical and we get him on board. 

Furst there was Vladimir
4 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

The 16/17 Celtic team was easily the best Scottish team of the last decade. Is it not just the case that he wasn't as good as Scott Sinclair, Patrick Roberts and James Forrest?

Well, quite.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

I don't think completely so.

I like the minutes he put in at Aberdeen though. 

Think that is more relevant and recent anyhow. 

Just don't think we shouldn't pretend there have been issues,  but sincerely hope he is a solid performer for us.

On paper,  paper,  a brilliant addition. 

We have a track record unfortunately of not getting our best players fit regularly. 

Again fingers crossed our luck changes 

Weakened Offender
12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Easy, according to the usual miserable non Hearts supporting half wits on here,its as below. 

List of injury prone players 

Everyone and anyone who joins Hearts

List of players not injury prone

Everyone and anyone who signs for someone else. 

This is spot on. 👍

We’ve had to endure watching shite like Frear and Roberts. GMS is a fantastic upgrade.

GMS/Kingsley on the left.

Smith/Ginnely on the right.

:pleasing:

Hackney Hearts
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think this was posted a couple of pages back. He was out for 14 days in 16/17 season (3 matches).

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gary-mackay-steven/verletzungen/spieler/78961

Edited by Hackney Hearts

Furst there was Vladimir
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You appear to have a problem with folk taking your posts apart.

For everyone’s sake, not least of all yours, we really should leave it be.

I’ll even let you get your last word in without retaliation. That appears rather important to you...

Edited by Furst there was Vladimir

jamboinglasgow

Pleased with this, a great player. The good thing is that he is a tricky skillful player and those players can still keep that part of game even when their pace is going down with age.

Also love a player who does tricks to beat a man, last player like that was Taouil but sadly he did not meet the expectations.

Knows Scottish football and also been a top performer in Scotland where he made his name. Also signed for next year, something I wasn’t sure would be possible. Should be a quality signing! Is a massive upgrade on what we have, imagine him one side and ginnelly on the other! Also throw in Boyce up top with Naismith in behind.... loads of goals there and arguably the best forward line outside the old firm. Tricky pacey winger, who can make something happen out of nothing is exactly what we need! 

Only down point is maybe consistency but if he performed at the level he can every game then there is no way he would end up at hearts! Happy with this one 🇱🇻 HHGH

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nah, get 18 good months out of him - perhaps another year on top of that - then he moves on with our good wishes.

Don't think you can look much further forward than 18/24 months in football these days.

Exactly. Happy with that.

Agree we need to be looking at a model where our team has guys around 20 who either stay for a good while or bring in money, but immediate impact always important and Gordon, GMS types are great for us.

It'll be Savages job to find the balance

4 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Good signing Hearts.  Really happy with that.

Agreed 👍

sort of player you don’t like against you 

potentially a great addition 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )