• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

5 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

Sounds like its legit then mate. My source is a family member who has absolutely no need to talk rubbish so with my source and yours it sounds like a deal is very very close.

TBH I am a bit funny with GMS. He seems well liked wherever he has went but I am not so sure on him as a player.

Depends which version of GMS we get and how much he has left in him. Quite liked him as a player at his peak but it been a while since he’s been there. Right attitude and application and he’s a good signing. Here for a pre-retirement holiday and doesn’t care much as long as the wages are paid and he’s a bad signing. 

At face value he’s a substantial upgrade on what we have in his position 

Edited by JimmyCant

Just now, Jim Panzee said:

....?

I didn't hear that....

I did, and quite a few others at the time. Never knew if it was true or just hearsay but going by the poster i quoted, if it was true then there's the explanation on why Pereira wasn't dropped. 

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

I did, and quite a few others at the time. Never knew if it was true or just hearsay but going by the poster i quoted, if it was true then there's the explanation on why Pereira wasn't dropped. 

wooooosh!

it's spelt mooted mate. 

Muted is what most people do when i8 posts on here....

2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

GMS on the left and Ginnelly on the right is a lovely thought.

Came here to post this. Seriously hope we get Ginnelly on a permanent deal. Big target man in the middle and jobs a goodun!

BackOfTheNet

Interesting one. Anyone follow MLS and know how he got on? Just looked at the NY team and thought I’d recognise names as they’ve had Villa, Lampard and Pirlo in the past. And Vieira as coach. But don’t recognise anyone and Ronny Deila is their coach these days.

As long as he still has hits wits about him and not injury laden this seems like a great signing.

Aslong as he stays away from the water of leith we will be alright 😁.

A player who I wanted us to sign a few years back so will be chuffed if this gets done. Bit inconsistent like all wingers but very good when on form and if memory serves me right always scores against Hibs. 

Edited by Bluesy1874

ginger jambo98
4 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

wooooosh!

it's spelt mooted mate. 

😂😂😂👍

Just now, Valois No1 said:

Sounds like its legit then mate. My source is a family member who has absolutely no need to talk rubbish so with my source and yours it sounds like a deal is very very close.

TBH I am a bit funny with GMS. He seems well liked wherever he has went but I am not so sure on him as a player.

I've always liked him as a player because he doesn't just play on the left-wing but also on the right-wing. He's quite comfortably two-footed and also has an eye for goal meaning he's competent enough to even play through the middle. I remember at the time he signed for Aberdeen i was a bit peed off about it and on a post just recently (can't remember if it was earlier in this thread or a different one tbh) i didn't think he'd ever play for Hearts in his career purely because if it had been between Aberdeen and us, he would return to Pittodrie and to what he already knows. If it is confirmed that he is signing for us then i for one will be quite pleased about it.

4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I think it was pretty obvious that we were going to need another striker after Washington and Ikpeazu left. We were going to be too light-weight upfront if any of them were injured. Luckily we've got away with it so far. Also said we desperately need central defensive cover. With Souttar still out long-term, Berra on his way out leaving only Popescu in defence it was, and still is the most obvious area of the team to sort out. A lot of goals we've lost are so avoidable with an out-and-out centre-half in there to deal with stuff, tackles, corners, free kicks etc. 

Definitely. We've only really got Boyce, Naismith and Wighton. Wighton is more of a wide forward, and Naismith more of an attacking midfielder. Need another out and out centre forward. 

IMO agreat signing and potentially an excellent signing given the current economic and footballing situation.

I doubt we can make him any worse (famous last words) so as long as he plays to a similar level as he has done so in the past, then it’s a step up from what we have.

14 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I think it was pretty obvious that we were going to need another striker after Washington and Ikpeazu left. We were going to be too light-weight upfront if any of them were injured. Luckily we've got away with it so far. Also said we desperately need central defensive cover. With Souttar still out long-term, Berra on his way out leaving only Popescu in defence it was, and still is the most obvious area of the team to sort out. A lot of goals we've lost are so avoidable with an out-and-out centre-half in there to deal with stuff, tackles, corners, free kicks etc. 

Totally agree with you here... and I would say this is arguably more of a priority.  

I remember one of his last games at Tynecastle, narky wee shit who should have been sent off at least once in the first half, bring it on 😁🇱🇻

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

GMS is a massive upgrade on what we have at the moment. 

This. Some of his tricks and skills were ridiculously good. Decent end product aswell. A few Uts fans i know wanted him back. 

Just hope we can keep him fit.

The Old Tolbooth
15 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

GMS on the left and Ginnelly on the right is a lovely thought.

I'm touching myself already, I can imagine the seethe over Lochend way, I'm waiting on the claims of "Cheeeeturrzzzzz" :rofl: 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Someone with some bottle would be a start add in pace and fight then I'm grinning from ear to ear 

I don't think bottle or fight is an issue or cup final would have ended 6 0.

Pace is hugely over rated. 

Energy or legs, fitness levels to get around the pitch, I would agree. 

One paced team right enough, but this is also a byproduct of other team's quite happy to leave us with the ball. 

Captain Sausage

Quality player. Good signing. 

Pisses all over our current options out wide (Ginnelly excluded possibly). 

Roberts/Frear/Moore/Henderson/Walker - all dropped to the bench/reserves. 

Hopefully a striker of similar quality, Kingsley/Irving both signed up on longer deals and a new centre back. 

Loves a goal against the vermin ✔

Can play left or right

Has pace 👌

Jumps in rivers 😳

What's not to like 

7 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

wooooosh!

it's spelt mooted mate. 

Muted, mooted, shmooted....who cares. The point is still the same. Have your five minutes though, i'm more interested in us signing GMS than looking through posts for spelling errors.

That said...doesn't folk that write/type should of/would of/could of instead of should've/could've/would've not drive you mad!? It does me so i get what you're saying.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He has to stay fit. 

It can't be overlooked,  unfortunately this is yet another player with injury problems. 

Just keep him out of the Forth ffs

Rick Sanchez

It's been revealed Robbie will specify what he's after in a player, Joe will identify 3 or 4 and they'll both decide. So with nothing else better to do I thought I would make a list of Joe Savage signings whilst he's been in his post. I doubt all were his signings but it might give an idea to where he might be looking.

Hamilton

Jason Scotland (34) - free from Barnsley

James Keatings (21) - free from Celtic

Blair Currie (20) - free from Rangers

Tony Andreu (25) - free from Livingston

Mickael Antoine-Curier (30) - free from Atyrau

Jaison McGrath (17) - from Bathgate Rose (now doing well at St Mirren)

Paul George (19) - loan from Celtic

Jesus Garcia Tena (23) - free from Livingston

Michael McGovern (29) - free from Falkirk

Lucas Tagliapietra (24) - free from Milsami Orhei

Nicolas Sumsky (21) - free from Banska Bystrica

Nigel Hasselbaink (24) - free from PAE Veria

Daniel Redmond (23) - free from Wigan

Dougie Imrie (30) - free from Morton

Darren Hill (32) - free from Forfar

Kieran MacDonald (20) - from Clyde

Yassine Fartassi (20) - from Uzes

Lee Lynch (23) - free from Limerick

Norwich

Alex Pritchard (23) - Tottenham 8.5m

Yanic Wildschut (25) - Wigan 7.4m

Nelson Oliveira (25) - Benfica 5.3m

Sergi Canos (19) - Liverpool 2.7m

Paul Jones (30) - free from Portsmouth

Michael McGovern (32) free from Hamilton

Mitchell Dijks (23) - on loan from Ajax

Preston North End

Declan Rudd (26) - Norwich 1.2m

Louis Moult (25) - Motherwell 500k

Billy Bodin (25) - Bristol Rovers 450k

Josh Harrop (21) - free from Man Utd

Darnell Fisher (23) - from Rotherham

Kevin O'Connor (22) - from Cork City

Sean Maguire (23) - from Cork City

Stephy Mavididi (19) - loan from Arsenal

Connor Simpson (17) - from Hartlepool

Brad Potts (24) - 1.6m from Barnsley

Jordan Storey (20) - 850k from Exeter

Jayden Stockley (25) - 830k from Exeter

Graham Burke (24) - 350k from Shamrock

Michael Crowe (22) - free from Ipswich

Lukas Nmecha (19) - loan from Man City

Brandon Barker (21) - loan from Man City

Andrew Hughes (26) - from Peterborough

Josh Ginnelly (21) - from Walsall

Connor Ripley (25) - from Middlesbrough

Joe Rafferty (25) - from Rochdale

Ryan Ledson (20) - from Oxford

Tom Bayliss (20) - 2.2m from Coventry

David Nugent (34) - free from Derby

Patrick Bauer (26) - free from Charlton

Andre Green (21) - loan from Aston Villa

Scott Sinclair (30) - from Celtic

Heart of Midlothian

Gary Mackay-Steven (30) - free from NYC

On 05/01/2021 at 14:39, Dayman said:

His mrs lives in Glasgow so after the year we’ve had, the ongoing travel restrictions, and the fact they’ve been apart for a while now, it may make sense for him to sign for a team in the central belt.

Imagine moving back home and still not being able to your partner. 

Am I ITK now?

Edited by Dayman

6 minutes ago, lou said:

I remember one of his last games at Tynecastle, narky wee shit who should have been sent off at least once in the first half, bring it on 😁🇱🇻

Not enough narky wee shi... 😆. Him and Naismith narking away will do me. Wish others were the same!

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Not enough narky wee shi... 😆. Him and Naismith narking away will do me. Wish others were the same! 

My thoughts exactly

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

Muted, mooted, shmooted....who cares. The point is still the same. Have your five minutes though, i'm more interested in us signing GMS than looking through posts for spelling errors.

That said...doesn't folk that write/type should of/would of/could of instead of should've/could've/would've not drive you mad!? It does me so i get what you're saying.

😆😆 It's people (usually footballers and pundits) that say 'deff-enn-ett-lay' instead of definitely that really wind me up.

...anyway, back on topic. Good to have GMS (almost) here, well done to the ITK's. Who's next?

42 minutes ago, jambonian said:

If true then that would explain not dropping Pereira last season (which was actually muted about at the time)

Correct.  And United then agreed to waive the loan fee when he was dropped because they felt guilty. 

Just now, jambonian said:

lol - agree mate. muted / schmuted - it just tickles me when I see things like that. still, you should OF done better at school :)

if GMS is true - potentially a great signing.

loveofthegame

GMS at his best is a very, very good football player. It is potentially a great signing.

Ginnelly       Naismith        GMS

Boyce

That'll do for me, thank you very much. Irving (Lee as backup) and one of Halliday/Haring as the two sitting behind. 

12 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

This. Some of his tricks and skills were ridiculously good. Decent end product aswell. A few Uts fans i know wanted him back. 

Just hope we can keep him fit.

Oh.

Is no one worried about all these senior journeymen in our squad and no doubt starting XI?

We have no nucleus to build on.  We are just going through the same old shit - fill gaps one season, fill again the next ad infinitum.

No structure, no stability no reliability.  Not only have we seen about 20 different people wear the armband at one stage or another the past 5 years we are seeing ridiculous turnovers in each position.

The lack of thought in all these 'comfort' singings is scandelous.

adambraejambo
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Is no one worried about all these senior journeymen in our squad and no doubt starting XI?

We have no nucleus to build on.  We are just going through the same old shit - fill gaps one season, fill again the next ad infinitum.

No structure, no stability no reliability.  Not only have we seen about 20 different people wear the armband at one stage or another the past 5 years we are seeing ridiculous turnovers in each position.

He is only 30 still got a good few years left in him. 

south morocco
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

If he's still got any of this in his locker, then I think we'll be ok:

Fantastic viewing indeed 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

This is not to say I don't rate GMS as I do.

For once I agree with you. 

And he is made of glass. On paper great signing but he has to be on the pitch to make a difference and everywhere he has been he has had significant injuries. 

Our luck is not so good that there is every possibility him and Ginnelly may never see extended game time together 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )