***Offishul Hearts v Alloa thread - 7pm KO***

upgotheheads

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, Four faces said:

Pace maybe not so important tonight against a camped defence.however you could add the pace of naismith,Walker and Boyce together and Wighton would still win.

Camped defence,wont matter, we going route 1 on this one!!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

Naismith and Walker is usually terrible but I'll reserve judgement. Boyce being cute could work tonight but only if the players behind him make runs beyond him.

I expect we'll be playing against a park the bus formation so it may take a bit of intelligence.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Berra scored tonight. 

And no, not in his own net. 😏

Dropping Popescu for Berra after Dunfermline can only be described as ruthless, let’s hope we see the performance tonight from the big man to justify it.

Would be a lift for the whole club if he could just find enough in the tank to drag us through this season back into the premiership. 

20 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Roberts needs to start contributing something

There can be no more excuses if he doesn't do well tonight.

I think we’re going for missing out the midfield and win the second ball. Against Dunfermline we were too slow from back through midfield and that’s how we ended up chasing the game and lost. Not a big fan of that but the alternative is boring and worryingly we’re not capable of playing through midfield when our pacy player is absent. Still think we should be well capable of beating them well

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

yep if he cant produce the goods against that shower then he should forget it

Edited by Hearts007

7 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Pleased to see Walker in the team. I thought he looked our most dangerous player in pre-season. Agree about the reservations about how he and Naismith work together.

Also pleased to see Roberts back. I still think he could turn out to be the most effective of the three wingers signed over the summer.

Wighton out makes sense. I think it is better having him as a sub than playing him out wide where he struggles to make an impact.

Berra should be fine.

Overall, happy with the team.

Think Walker has looked really effective behind the strikers . Naismith , with his football brain , can surely fit in playing off him 

3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Agreed. I’m alright with the players that don’t seem to look interested but contribute a lot when it matters but you can’t not look interested and contribute zilch like he does 

7 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Berra scored tonight. 

And no, not in his own net. 😏

Not keen on Berra but if he had those two chances that Popescu fluffed on Friday I’d fancy him to score them both. 

SomethingAboutObua

Beginning to get a bit like we're shoehorning Halliday in. Would have liked to finally see Lee and Haring reunited, with Andy Irving pairing with Lee for a 4-1-2-3.  Instead its 4-2-3-1 with Naismith being relied on as the playmaker again...

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

4-4-2 then or...

4-2-3-1 IMO Walker out wide ... him and Naismith will get in each other’s way again 

1 minute ago, King prawn said:

4-2-3-1 IMO Walker out wide ... him and Naismith will get in each other’s way again 

Was hoping it was somehow Naismth and Boyce up front but I know you’re right. ☹️

16 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Well a lot of folk have been seething at the manager for persisting with liabilities Lee and Popescu. So full credit to him then for dropping them or is there some other thing to moan about? 

Aye. But shitebags ? 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was hoping it was somehow Naismith and Boyce up front but I know you’re right. ☹️

That what i was hoping for tonight

I like the team. Interested to see how Berra mark 4 plays. Hoping he's put that injury behind him and he can finish off his career with us in a positive way. Still looking for more from Halkett and Halliday, who I think believes he's a better player than he actually is. Well up for it tonight. 

Just now, Georgecowie said:

I like the team. Interested to see how Berra mark 4 plays. Hoping he's put that injury behind him and he can finish off his career with us in a positive way. Still looking for more from Halkett and Halliday, who I think believes he's a better player than he actually is. Well up for it tonight. 

He played a couple of weeks ago. He wasn’t very good. 

Why do we never have a team with pace. Every other team has pace. Just fill the team with experience and nae pace is out r motto 

How is you log into PPV again. Is your user name you customer ref number......did it for last game but cant remember ??

5 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Beginning to get a bit like we're shoehorning Halliday in. Would have liked to finally see Lee and Haring reunited, with Andy Irving pairing with Lee for a 4-1-2-3.  Instead its 4-2-3-1 with Naismith being relied on as the playmaker again...

Me too. We don't know what's going on fitness wise though, maybe RN thinks this is not a night for football.

2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

That what i was hoping for tonight

Snap

If we can't play Naismith and Boyce as a 2 upfront at home against Alloa, games a bogie. 

Disser Pointon
32 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Woohoo the Romanians been punted.  Still would like more time for Irving and Henderson. 

I'm prepared to give him a bit more time yet, reminds me a bit of Zal when he first arrived......"bombscare" that went on to be a cup winning legend. RIP

Just now, Hilary Briss said:

How is you log into PPV again. Is your user name you customer ref number......did it for last game but cant remember ??

try: first name-surname-customer number

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Snap

If we can't play Naismith and Boyce as a 2 upfront at home against Alloa, games a bogie. 

Naismith  is a great finisher think he is wasted in midfield

Just now, Jambo 85 said:

Why do we never have a team with pace. Every other team has pace. Just fill the team with experience and nae pace is out r motto 

We don’t have a lot. Disappointed Wighton hasn’t been allowed to play up front considering how bad Boyce has been 

1 minute ago, Hilary Briss said:

Hilary-Briss-customer number

Password is just customer number 

1 minute ago, Jambo 85 said:

Not far off. Shite as these teams are, they are organised.

Would have played White for directness. Roberts is not direct and is missing a brain.

4 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Naismith  is a great finisher think he is wasted in midfield

Totally. One of only a few in the squad that can finished and get on the end of a cross. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

BRAVEHEART1874

looking for a boyce, halliday, naismth and esp roberts improvement here tonight come on da jambos ;)

5 minutes ago, King prawn said:

3 of Alloa’s back 4 have played 150+ times for the club 

Benny Brazil played over 200 games for the vermin...he was total Tom kite

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Agreed but to be fair he will need some time to get match fit.   That said,  he did look finished to me last season,  VERY slow and so frustrating to see an experienced player just hoof it most of the time,  surely it can't be that hard to pass the ball to a full back on CM.    Good in the air and defending around the box at least - high press badly exposed him last season.

1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

Yeah but he was funny in - On the Buses

17 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Good to see a few dropped. I'd have also dropped naismith and the hun, if we had the option.

Not a big fan of Halliday but he’s a Hearts player and I’ll get behind him 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Missed that game. Fingers crossed for tonight. Can't see him enjoying that pitch too much. Anyway, no excuses, hope he can find a vein of form. 

4 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

:lol: 

No disputing that! Wasn’t the same point made about Arbroath or am I imagining things ? Makes them more annoying to break down if they’re more familiar with one another in my opinion - but then again, I know next to nothing about football :thumbsup: 

• davemclaren locked this topic