***Offishul Hearts v Alloa thread - 7pm KO***

upgotheheads

9 minutes ago, King prawn said:

D6397CB7-0221-43A0-BF7F-01D3D149DD6E.thumb.png.870a0a1cf3624daf877e16d65e9c3845.png

Hamilton

McKay

Anderson

El Hassnaoui :facepalm:

Christ. Some line up that.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I think the bit I have highlighted in bold is debatable.

It’s not debatable if you are comparing them to what Berra does in possession 

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Over 3.5 goals 13/8.   That's buying money.  

4 or 5 for Hearts tonight.

Indeed. I went Hearts -2 at 13/8 and added Hibs (yes I know but the price is free money at 5/4) and Falkirk.

This has to be a stick on home win by a distance 

Wife is home early from work so I don't need to faff about put my two young kids to bed and potentially miss the start of the game :yas:

7pm kick off. How inconvenient 🙄😂

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Fate tempter. 

Well you and the admin team will have a busy old night if it’s anything other than a convincing win 🤪☝️

1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

I agree about Frear but think we need to hang fire a bit on Roberts.  I saw enough quality against Dundee to think he can be decent for us.  

1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

I agree about Frear but think we need to hang fire a bit on Roberts.  I saw enough quality against Dundee to think he can be decent for us.  

Yeah as I said I always gave our players time but Roberts imo is not doing enough at the moment but may change my view if he starts to perform  more regularly. 

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Indeed. I went Hearts -2 at 13/8 and added Hibs (yes I know but the price is free money at 5/4) and Falkirk.

This has to be a stick on home win by a distance 

Hearts to win hibs to lose is my weekly bet and it’s not getting altered :) 

20 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

There is no way we have worse players than this one. We do have a half arsed half paced mentality though.

You could be on to something. It’s slightly bizarre. Since the Dundee game we’ve hardly seen the full backs bomb forward. It’s suddenly became all too rigid again. 

I know the opposition set up can have an effect, but if that is the case, where’s the willingness to work harder, try something different and be more imaginative? And I’m on about the players, btw. Take a bit personal responsibility.  

Or, is the problem they are too apprehensive to break away from the managers instructions?  It does make you wonder.  The Dundee game was so fresh, positive, almost carefree at times. 

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Hearts to win hibs to lose is my weekly bet and it’s not getting altered :) 

How many times in 2 years has THAT bet come in 🧐

Just now, JimmyCant said:

How many times in 2 years has THAT bet come in 🧐

Not many admittedly. Couple of times this season. 

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Well you and the admin team will have a busy old night if it’s anything other than a convincing win 🤪☝️

Not funny!!

1 minute ago, One five said:

Yeah as I said I always gave our players time but Roberts imo is not doing enough at the moment but may change my view if he starts to perform  more regularly. 

there was one game pre season (can’t remember who we were playing) but he came on and every time he got the ball he was direct and ran forward with the ball at pace! Sure we were winning at the time so maybe it was ‘easier’ to do this but that is what we need! He is meant to be a direct pacey winger so we need to see it! He’s also a big guy so needs to use this to his advantage. Been a bit lightweight as well which I don’t get being 6 foot 2! (I’m sure he is)

As much as I’d love to be there cheering us on, I think it’s players like Roberts and frear where no fans could help give them more time to get their fingers out and show us what they are all about. Confidence plays a massive part in modern football 

3-0 hearts. 

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

You could be on to something. It’s slightly bizarre. Since the Dundee game we’ve hardly seen the full backs bomb forward. It’s suddenly became all too rigid again. 

I know the opposition set up can have an effect, but if that is the case, where’s the willingness to work harder, try something different and be more imaginative? And I’m on about the players, btw. Take a bit personal responsibility.  

Or, is the problem they are too apprehensive to break away from the managers instructions?  It does make you wonder.  The Dundee game was so fresh, positive, almost carefree at times. 

been saying this for years! We are always far too rigid and too easy to play against. Need to play between the lines more and get more players forward! Players need to express themselves more

Hearts 3 - 0 Alloa

Gordon

Smith Halkett Popescu Kingsley

Walker Haring Irving Henderson

Boyce Wighton

Subs: Stewart (GK), Naismith, Halliday, Moore, Roberts, Brandon, Lee

That would be my team tonight. We need to have 2 up front and think Irving should get a chance to play alongside Haring. You can usually tell within the first 15 minutes if Henderson is going to have a good game so switch him out for Moore/Roberts early doors if he isn't on his game.

A thank you to the OP for sticking 7PM KO time on the thread title.

I'd have missed the first half!

11 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

Hearts 3 - 0 Alloa

Gordon

Smith Halkett Popescu Kingsley

Walker Haring Irving Henderson

Boyce Wighton

Subs: Stewart (GK), Naismith, Halliday, Moore, Roberts, Brandon, Lee

That would be my team tonight. We need to have 2 up front and think Irving should get a chance to play alongside Haring. You can usually tell within the first 15 minutes if Henderson is going to have a good game so switch him out for Moore/Roberts early doors if he isn't on his game.

How long you giving Henderson? Won’t fi his confidence much hood if he is subbed after 30 minutes. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I reckon we will see something close to the same line up from Dunfermline, Walker in for Frear. 

Neilson will say to the players, we expect better. Go and bounce back. 

The fringe players like Berra, Haring and Irving who haven’t started much recently will be in line to start in the League cup game on Saturday i think. So the pressure is on the likes of Popescu, Halliday and Lee to perform tonight or we’ll see what their squad mates can offer vs the same opposition on Saturday. 

Fxxx the SPFL
27 minutes ago, jambonian said:

7pm kick-off?

will need to switch over when bake off comes on 😉

Just now, davemclaren said:

How long you giving Henderson? Won’t fi his confidence much hood if he is subbed after 30 minutes. 

Depends entirely on his performance - I think too often we wait too long before making changes although Neilson has generally been making subs at the beginning of the second half rather than waiting to the 60/70 minute mark.

I'd give him the first half and see how he gets on. He has the potential but if he can't show it against the likes of Alloa then I'm afraid he won't make it at hearts.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Wife is home early from work so I don't need to faff about put my two young kids to bed and potentially miss the start of the game :yas:

7pm kick off. How inconvenient 🙄😂

Thanks for that I had missed the ko time, something to do with CL games no doubt. 

1 hour ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Score an early goal we will end up with a 3 or more goal win .

Wasteful again and Alloa could sneak a result ,you saw Dunfermline confidence grow after they scored .

Warning Alloa took 4pts off Robbies United last season

Well if Alloa take anything off Robbie’s Hearts this season he’s going to be right up against it with the fans.

I don’t want to hear any “it’ll be a tough game” shite from Neilson. Prepare and motivate the team properly, and the players need to be 100% professional in their work.

There are no excuses for not taking care of Alloa, none.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

I know this has been asked a few times but can't see an answer why is this kicking off at 7 ?

Not complaining much better time of you ask me early evening tv...

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

I know this has been asked a few times but can't see an answer why is this kicking off at 7 ?

Not complaining much better time of you ask me early evening tv...

I’m assuming it’s something to do with the Champions League.

complete control
1 hour ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Agree with most of that though I think Haring and Ginnelly are both injured and unlikely to feature.

I'd play Wighton up front with Naismith tucked in behind. Wighton has a bit of confidence now and if Naisy can feed him chances he'll gobble them up. Bring on Boyce is all else fails.

Wighton was dreadful the other night. 

Francis Albert

Why the 7pm KO?

I see CL has been mentioned above but why would CL impact. Games will still clash with second half of CL games. Bournemouth seems to the only exception with an 8pm KO.

Covid measure in line with the theory that the virus doesn't like late nights?

Just now, complete control said:

Couldn't do much stuck out on the wing

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Why the 7pm KO?

I see CL has been mentioned above but why would CL impact. Games will still clash with second half of CL games. Bournemouth seems to the only exception with an 8pm KO.

Maybe just with no fans KO time matters less, and this gives Alloa a chance to get home at a reasonable time. Most will have work in the morning.

Edited by Bunny Munro

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Why the 7pm KO?

They are allowing a half on ppv at the same time as European games.  

2 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Maybe just with no fans KO time matters less, and this gives Alloa a chance to get home at a reasonable time. Most will have work in the morning.

Given we play them again on Saturday we should have suggested a 9pm ko. 

2 minutes ago, complete control said:

It’s been a slip up not having another out and out forward option. Look what we had back in 2014.  

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

They are allowing a half on ppv at the same time as European games.  

I see. Daft really. 

See the hibs game and Dumbarton games also have a 7pm ko.

Funnily enough all the Lowland League matches have 7:45pm ko, I guess to allow players to get there in time after work.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s not debatable if you are comparing them to what Berra does in possession 

I am suggesting that Berra can hoof the ball up the park just as well as Halkett and Popescu which is what we are doing due to the lack of creativity and movement from our midfield.

Popescu is a bit of a bombscare and gets caught in possession because he wants too much time on the ball. I am suggesting that if Berra played then there would be little or no difference to us defensively or in setting up play from the back because they both usually end up hoofing the ball.

Berra knows he can't run with the ball whereas Popescu thinks he can.

If truth be known really I would prefer to have two other CB's but we don't so just have to make the best of what we have.

Sadly I'm not going to see this tonight, so as long as we improve on Fridays performance, there's not much more you can ask so 3-0 or GTF.

Really hoping we see changes tonight. Frear shouldn't even be on the bench. Need players willing to take a man on. Hoping for a much better tempo too. We need a big reaction after Friday. Another scrappy win will not cut it. 

6 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Take it it’s drookit in Edinburgh just now ?

Wind is dropping slightly but rain forecast right through to after the game

2 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Really hoping we see changes tonight. Frear shouldn't even be on the bench. Need players willing to take a man on. Hoping for a much better tempo too. We need a big reaction after Friday. Another scrappy win will not cut it. 

We’ve not got enough options to be writing off the likes of Frear and Roberts this early. Both are going to get much more game time. I just hope one or both come good sometime soon. Frear in particular has had an awful start and really needs a game he can take a grip if before his confidence evaporates completely 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, WDJ87 said:

Walker in for Frear will be the only change I reckon.

He might try Halliday-Irving in midfield but I reckon that’ll be more likely on Saturday in the League cup game.  

Any kind of win will do me fine tonight, the bounce back result is the key thing mentally. There’s time for better football to develop over time this season once players and system are more settled. This game is all about the mental side and leadership from the senior players. Be good for Boyce to get a goal or 2 tonight. 

Just now, JimmyCant said:

We’ve not got enough options to be writing off the likes of Frear and Roberts this early. Both are going to get much more game time. I just hope one or both come good sometime soon. Frear in particular has had an awful start and really needs a game he can take a grip if before his confidence evaporates completely 

What about Moore surely he deserves a chance? Was willing to take people on and looked decent last season. Frear has had a few chances now against poor opposition and shown nothing. 1 or 2 decent crosses, cannot beat his man and couldn't even stay onside v Dunfermline whilst looking along the line... 

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Walker in for Frear will be the only change I reckon.

He might try Halliday-Irving in midfield but I reckon that’ll be more likely on Saturday in the League cup game.  

Any kind of win will do me fine tonight, the bounce back result is the key thing mentally. There’s time for better football to develop over time this season once players and system are more settled. This game is all about the mental side and leadership from the senior players. Be good for Boyce to get a goal or 2 tonight. 

Don't get me wrong a win is a win but considering Alloa haven't won a game, are bottom of the table and we are at Tynecastle we should be romping this game. Should be convincing but knowing us we will do it the hard way.

• davemclaren locked this topic