• davemclaren

• Thomaso

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon 

Smith Halkett Berra Kingsley

Haring Halliday

Roberts Naisy Walker 

Boyce

There is still good balance in that line up.

I trust Berra to defend, and then just pass to Haring and let him do something with it.

Fancy Berra to score a header tonight.

I'm not convinced by Walker, Naismith and Boyce all playing at the same time, think they all like to occupy the same spaces 

1 minute ago, kila said:

There is still good balance in that line up.

I trust Berra to defend, and then just pass to Haring and let him do something with it.

Fancy Berra to score a header tonight.

The front 4 need to be right at this from the off. Defensively we shouldn’t be troubled 

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I'm not convinced by Walker, Naismith and Boyce all playing at the same time, think they all like to occupy the same spaces 

No but that team selection could easily be 4-4-2. Everyone assuming its 4-2-3-1

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Woohoo the Romanians been punted.  Still would like more time for Irving and Henderson. 

Injured I would think, expect him to be on the bench otherwise

Edited by WDJ87

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

No but that team selection could be 4-4-2. Everyone assuming is 4-2-3-1

What I would hope for at home, quick direct play down the wings and crosses in for Naisy & Boyce 🙏

Edited by WDJ87

Just now, Gambo said:

This is Alloa at home,  any of the squad should ge able to come together and get a result in this game.

Indeed. 

Psychedelicropcircle

Says live from 6’Oc, so far a hearts badge is on screen! Never used the ST  part of the site to watch games yet. Are we doing something wrong or has it not started ?

7 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I am no fan of Berra but how would he be any different to what we are doing anyway. We pass the ball sideways and backwards in our own half and then one of the back four hoofs it up the park for the big target man we don't have.

Berra is a hoof ball merchant no doubt but he will be no worse than anything else we have at the moment.

He seems to be slower than both Halkett & Popescu but I’m sure I read somewhere he’s one of the quickest in the team. Don’t know whether that’s damning him wi faint praise 

1 minute ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Says live from 6’Oc, so far a hearts badge is on screen! Never used the ST  part of the site to watch games yet. Are we doing something wrong or has it not started ?

Will be like till about 10 mins from kick off.

1 minute ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Not started yet probably won’t be on til about half past based on previous games.

4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

No Irving?

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Think he’s unfortunate and Halliday is very fortunate.

I hope it's injury. If not then it's just the way to piss-off a good young player.

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

He seems to be slower than both Halkett & Popescu but I’m sure I read somewhere he’s one of the quickest in the team. Don’t know whether that’s damning him wi faint praise 

He'd whip Halkett by about 5 seconds over 100m. Mind you, so would I. 

A_A wehatethehibs

So do the shite bags agree with neilsons decision to drop Lee and Popescu then? Or still going to seethe because youth maestros Irving and Moore dumped from the squad 

9 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

No Irving?

Is it possible that he is one of the Scotland U21s who has had to self-isolate following the positive tests? I think it was Motherwell who were complaining they weren't informed until Saturday morning, which could have meant Irving was given the all clear to play on Friday and then told to self-isolate on Satruday.

Pace maybe not so important tonight against a camped defence.however you could add the pace of naismith,Walker and Boyce together and Wighton would still win.

Gordon

Smith   Halkett   Berra   Kingsley

Haring

Walker                         Halliday 

Naismith

Boyce            Roberts

8 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Agree completely. Walker and Naismith have shown that they can’t play together. There’s no synergy when they’re in the same side.

12 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

No Olly Lee, could be a good game this. 

As he’s one of the few players in the team who can pass a ball and deliver from set pieces In not so sure I’d have dropped/rested him before Halliday but him AND Halliday is a no no.

been here before
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

So do the shite bags agree with neilsons decision to drop Lee and Popescu then? Or still going to seethe because youth maestros Irving and Moore dumped from the squad 

Oooooh  you need your hole big time.

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Shite bags ?? For having an opinion on team selection ? 

Send me a link somebody, all I'm getting is the international subscribers page

disregard seem to have found it

Edited by upgotheheads

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, been here before said:

Oooooh  you need your hole big time.

I called out the shite bags, you answered... :lol: 

Pleased to see Walker in the team. I thought he looked our most dangerous player in pre-season. Agree about the reservations about how he and Naismith work together.

Also pleased to see Roberts back. I still think he could turn out to be the most effective of the three wingers signed over the summer.

Wighton out makes sense. I think it is better having him as a sub than playing him out wide where he struggles to make an impact.

Berra should be fine.

Overall, happy with the team.

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Is it possible that he is one of the Scotland U21s who has had to self-isolate following the positive tests? I think it was Motherwell who were complaining they weren't informed until Saturday morning, which could have meant Irving was given the all clear to play on Friday and then told to self-isolate on Satruday.

Don’t think Irving was in the Scotland U-21 squad this time

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Shite bags ?? For having an opinion on team selection ? 

Well a lot of folk have been seething at the manager for persisting with liabilities Lee and Popescu. So full credit to him then for dropping them or is there some other thing to moan about? 

I fancy it to be a tanking for Alloa tonight, fancy Berra to get on the scoresheet too. I cannot give a logical reason as to why other than I just have a feeling. 

been here before
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I called out the shite bags, you answered... :lol: 

Its a messageboard. Folk will answer posts.

Even yours.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

Send me a link somebody, all I'm getting is the international subscribers page

heartsfcpass.com

19 minutes ago, kila said:

Enm1PzXXcAQIGF1?format=jpg&name=medium

Would have preferred to see Wighton up through the middle. There is no way Alloa centre halves should given the easy ride Dunfermline were. Who pushes on to second balls and where are they being generated from? Boyce?

Just now, Bluesy1874 said:

I fancy it to be a tanking for Alloa tonight, fancy Berra to get on the scoresheet too. I cannot give a logical reason as to why other than I just have a feeling. 

So it should be

5 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Don’t think Irving was in the Scotland U-21 squad this time

Thanks. Oh well, file my post under conspiracy theory then.

3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

As he’s one of the few players in the team who can pass a ball and deliver from set pieces In not so sure I’d have dropped/rested him before Halliday but him AND Halliday is a no no.

Halliday has been Murder to be fair, I think Robbie is still hoping that he'll come good. 

Something needed changed and you know what you're getting with Lee, it could have been either of them dropped though, i agree. 

The 4 up top scream ‘tippy tappy outside the box’ to me.  Hope I’m wrong, and that Boyce is playing higher up tonight. 

• davemclaren locked this topic