***Offishul Hearts v Alloa thread - 7pm KO***

upgotheheads

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I know this has been asked a few times but can't see an answer why is this kicking off at 7 ?

Not complaining much better time of you ask me early evening tv...

The top league games are at 7 too, must be to do with Champions League. Their players will have to get away from work sharpish 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😆 #tinpotleague. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, WDJ87 said:

What about Moore surely he deserves a chance? Was willing to take people on and looked decent last season. Frear has had a few chances now against poor opposition and shown nothing. 1 or 2 decent crosses, cannot beat his man and couldn't even stay onside v Dunfermline whilst looking along the line... 

What makes you think the current management team would give a toss about last season? They judge what they see in training over the last few days, weeks, months. Last season is history and of no relevance to tonight’s selection, hasnt been relevant since Neilson would’ve analysed it in his first 2-3 weeks in the job in the summer. Its now almost December. 

25 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Take it it’s drookit in Edinburgh just now ?

Yes.   

By the way, ia m watching tipping point and they just asked a question about which team won eight in a row in 2019 scottish Premier league.   Just as I was replying to your question. 

A. Celtic, b. Rangers, c. Hearts 😬

*******s! 

Edited by HMFC01

Just now, HMFC01 said:

Yes.   

By the way, ia m watching tipping point and they just asked a question about which team won eight in a row in 2019 scottish Premier league. 

*******s! 

tippinn-point.gif.6d90b3d64a6a23c56a4244a5a7fef82a.gif

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Don't get me wrong a win is a win but considering Alloa haven't won a game, are bottom of the table and we are at Tynecastle we should be romping this game. Should be convincing but knowing us we will do it the hard way.

As I say to me it’s about the mental side tonight, that’s the key thing. The bus will be parked firmly for the first half hour at least I think, so it will fall to the senior players to be patient and focus on executing the game plan to topple the bus over. 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

What makes you think the current management team would give a toss about last season? They judge what they see in training over the last few days, weeks, months. Last season is history and of no relevance to tonight’s selection, hasnt been relevant since Neilson would’ve analysed it in his first 2-3 weeks in the job in the summer. Its now almost December. 

I don't know what the management team think of last season, I am offering my own opinion not Neilson's. I would like to see one or two youth given a chance in games like this. Someone who is willing to take people on down the line.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, rmreido said:

Yep, but winning by the odd goal does nothing for my nerves, we should be blowing these teams away.

I think we'll beat the shittier teams by more at Tynecastle. 

Most away games will be tight ish.

Been that way in 40 years of supporting Hearts. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, WDJ87 said:

I don't know what the management team think of last season, I am offering my own opinion not Neilson's. I would like to see one or two youth given a chance in games like this. Someone who is willing to take people on down the line.

Who in our youth is flying past defenders left, right and centre? 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Yes.   

By the way, ia m watching tipping point and they just asked a question about which team won eight in a row in 2019 scottish Premier league.   Just as I was replying to your question. 

*******s! 

I ken the answer to that, it's 100% not us. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I ken the answer to that, it's 100% not us. 

That's exactly what the old lady said.   Still hurt :lol:  😡

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who in our youth is flying past defenders left, right and centre? 

I didn't say anyone was, I said I'd like to see them given the chance. Rather than stick with Frear

Bazzas right boot

White in for Frear. 

Walker for Naismith or Boyce or play a " normal 442 with both them. 

Possibly Irving in for Lee or Haliday. 

Give Peter and Ginnelly 30 odd minds from bench if not 100%.

3-0 us. 

Maybe 5.

Just noticed hibs and Hearts playing in Edinburgh tonight, same time as well.   Both home matches.  First time since I don't know when.   Clearly having no fans will not be a problem. 

Just now, HMFC01 said:

Just noticed hibs and Hearts playing in Edinburgh tonight, same time as well.   Both home matches.  First time since I don't know when.   Clearly having no fans will not be a problem. 

Hibs never have a problem with no fans, so nothing new there. :)

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

I didn't say anyone was, I said I'd like to see them given the chance. Rather than stick with Frear

Who and why? 

A_A wehatethehibs
14 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Moore is a junior ranked player within the dressing room and Neilson signed 3 players in his position, which is a big message to him about what Neilson thinks of last season. Last season was absolutely shite and a disgrace. You reckon Moore is good and should start, how did he play in the 1-0 defeat to st mirren which doomed us? Moore played 90. Does that not constitute being “given a chance”? 

It’s up to him to stand out in training in front of the new manager to get given his chance this season. If he makes it to the bench then its a good sign that he has shown something, but AFAIK Henderson has been ahead of him in the pecking order in that area of the pitch anyway. 

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

That's exactly what the old lady said.   Still hurt :lol:  😡

😭😭

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Moore is a junior ranked player within the dressing room and Neilson signed 3 players in his position, which is a big message to him about what Neilson thinks of last season. Last season was absolutely shite and a disgrace. You reckon Moore is good and should start, how did he play in the 1-0 defeat to st mirren which doomed us? Moore played 90. Does that not constitute being “given a chance”? 

It’s up to him to stand out in training in front of the new manager to get given his chance this season. If he makes it to the bench then its a good sign that he has shown something, but AFAIK Henderson has been ahead of him in the pecking order in that area of the pitch anyway. 

That's the thing. 

Folk don't seem to think the mgt team see all our players in training and then choose who is showing improvement etc. 

Also see youth in development games. 

I would replace Frear with white, Moore or Henderson for tonight's game, but folk thinking RN  is ignoring the youth are on glue. 

If they are good enough and showing this in training they will play. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Played at Easter Road and played well, set up the 2nd goal with his running and beating his man, cannot blame 1 player for the St Liedown game, the entire team was shite including a LB we just sold for £1.5m. Yes RN signed 3 wingers, 1 is injured, 1 has been ok and 1 has been utter shite. All I am saying is take out the shite one and give a youngster a chance. Don't know what I have said to get you and SRB so annoyed. It's my opinion and if you don't agree with it fair do's

23 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

We can’t be writing folk off after as few minutes on the pitch that Frear has had. It takes some players a lot longer to settle and produce. To me he looks quick, looks like he can beat a man. Looks like he might have a delivery on him. He’s not done any of it enough so far. I’m not championing him by any means but we’re not bristling with options in his position so we need to at least give him a bit more time before he’s categorised as a write off. 

Having said all that I’d play White tonight

Edited by JimmyCant

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'd like to see Moore being given an opportunity. 

For me, anyone in front of Frear tonight from Moore or White, even Henderson. 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

We can’t be writing folk off after as few minutes on the pitch that Frear has had. It takes some players a lot longer to settle and produce. To me he looks quick, looks like he can beat a man. Looks like he might have a delivery on him. I’m not championing him by any means but we’re not bristling with options in his position so we need to at least give him a bit more time before he’s categorised as a write off. 

Seems the in thing if ya dont play well after a couple of games you should be out

Just now, JimmyCant said:

We can’t be writing folk off after as few minutes on the pitch that Frear has had. It takes some players a lot longer to settle and produce. To me he looks quick, looks like he can beat a man. Looks like he might have a delivery on him. I’m not championing him by any means but we’re not bristling with options in his position so we need to at least give him a bit more time before he’s categorised as a write off. 

I didn't write him off I just said I don't want to see him play tonight lol Seemed to have ruffles a few feathers here.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's the thing. 

Folk don't seem to think the mgt team see all our players in training and then choose who is showing improvement etc. 

Also see youth in development games. 

I would replace Frear with white, Moore or Henderson for tonight's game, but folk thinking RN  is ignoring the youth are on glue. 

If they are good enough and showing this in training they will play. 

Putting words in my mouth there... Where did I say RN was ignoring youth? 

8 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Seems the in thing if ya dont play well after a couple of games you should be out

🤔 yes dropping a player because of poor performance is something often done in football...

Just now, WDJ87 said:

🤔 yes dropping a player because of poor performance is something often done in football...

aye

Just logged into heartspass to check if its working alright, says "event starting in 12 minutes" 

does that mean we're gonna get some prematch analysis or does it just allow an hour to advertise tilers and the likes?

Edited by BigAlim

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Just logged into heartspass to check if its working alright, says "event starting in 12 minutes" 

does that mean we're gonna get some prematch analysis or does it just allow an hour to advertise tilers and the likes?

Its a placeholder screen til bout 15 mins before kick off.  At least it has been for the last few games

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

The latter from the last experience. I just hope we don't get the same rubbish commentary, Shout out for... shout out to.... just give us the commentary without the crap please.

4 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Before you drop a player, surely you’ve got to have someone trustworthy and who you think can do better ready to take his place. You could make a good case for dropping Naismith and Boyce after Friday but neither will be dropped because we’ve got very few options you could put your trust in.

Gordon 

Smith Halkett Berra Kingsley

Haring Halliday

Roberts Naisy Walker 

Boyce

1 minute ago, girvanjambo said:

Berra's back. Please do not launch the ball every time you have it. Thanks. 

Let Haring distribute, please. Should be possible

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, girvanjambo said:

Berra's back. Please do not launch the ball every time you have it. Thanks. 

It's his only method of distribution. 

23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We can’t be writing folk off after as few minutes on the pitch that Frear has had. It takes some players a lot longer to settle and produce. To me he looks quick, looks like he can beat a man. Looks like he might have a delivery on him. He’s not done any of it enough so far. I’m not championing him by any means but we’re not bristling with options in his position so we need to at least give him a bit more time before he’s categorised as a write off. 

The reason for that is we've seen it so many times before. Utter shite like Mulraney Whelan Damour the list is endless and it's always the same... give him a few games etc. Frear has done nothing in all the minutes he's been on the pitch. 

• davemclaren locked this topic