• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Thomaso

On 21/11/2020 at 11:54, S Form said:

What’s with all this demand for Berra? He was truly piss poor against East Fife and constantly reverted to the old hoof up the park. He’s not an improvement on Halkett or Popescu and change for change sake is a daft route to go down.

I am no fan of Berra but how would he be any different to what we are doing anyway. We pass the ball sideways and backwards in our own half and then one of the back four hoofs it up the park for the big target man we don't have.

Berra is a hoof ball merchant no doubt but he will be no worse than anything else we have at the moment.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Wtf. How can we charge that for a 2nd tier game with amateur quality production. I'd grudge paying that to actually be inside Tynecastle nowadays.

If you had bought a St  to help the club financially you wouldn't need to pay this. 

There better be no fecking about tonight. A marker needs to be put down again. Favourites for the Championship versus the bottom of the league side. Anything less than a dominant show is not good enough.

I appreciate Alloa will raise their game, well guess what, we need to raise ours. Alloa will fight hard, we need to fighter harder. This Hearts team needs to show the support that they have the anger, fight and desire to win this league.

There can be no excuses.

The whole it's like a cup final to them is a shite excuse.

We should be matching up on determination and attitude in every game. I have my doubts with some of our squads ability to do this. This is why we are in the championship and Hamilton are not.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

If you had bought a St  to help the club financially you wouldn't need to pay this. 

Ouch !!

You didn't miss there SRB

There are no easy games in this league. The pressure is all on us after last weeks preformance and the players owe the fans a decent showing.

There will be no pressure on Alloa as they will be expected to lose and will look to hit us on the break.

They looked ok against Dundee but then so did we.

I would be expecting a strong start from us and we really need to be playing at a high tempo and brushing them aside early to knock the wind out of them.

If we do our usual "tippy tappy" around at the back at a snails pace then we will play right into their hands and the longer the game goes without us scoring the more difficult it will be.

A convincing win is a must here or Robbie has big problems.

55 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

There better be no fecking about tonight. A marker needs to be put down again. Favourites for the Championship versus the bottom of the league side. Anything less than a dominant show is not good enough.

I appreciate Alloa will raise their game, well guess what, we need to raise ours. Alloa will fight hard, we need to fighter harder. This Hearts team needs to show the support that they have the anger, fight and desire to win this league.

There can be no excuses.

3D2A93BA-44F0-43DF-9E92-FD5E98369FCE.gif.2e216eadf9be7f8a053414e5d2021e34.gif

Agreed. 

Alloa will sit back and it will be frustrating.

I think we'll be "ok" and probably win 2-0.

Edited by heartsfc_fan

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Berra is a hoof ball merchant no doubt but he will be no worse than anything else we have at the moment.

He is a worse option defensively IMO. Popescu and Halkett are both quicker, both better defensively than Berra and both have more football in them than Berra. Halkett has a goal in him and both will play the ball out properly.

Its Midfield we need to sort out and get a settled formation that can play week in week out. Irving for me is first pick with a fit Haring. Lee is better than Halliday at this point. Naismith has to play but needs to produce more. If you can’t have Ginelly wide you either keep trying with Frear or you play White. Walker another one who has to do more and I’d like to see 2 up front against teams like this.

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kingsley 

Irving

Lee (if no Haring)

Naismith

White or Frear (if no Ginelly)

Boyce

Wighton

9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He is a worse option defensively IMO. Popescu and Halkett are both quicker, both better defensively than Berra and both have more football in them than Berra. Halkett has a goal in him and both will play the ball out properly.

Its Midfield we need to sort out and get a settled formation that can play week in week out. Irving for me is first pick with a fit Haring. Lee is better than Halliday at this point. Naismith has to play but needs to produce more. If you can’t have Ginelly wide you either keep trying with Frear or you play White. Walker another one who has to do more and I’d like to see 2 up front against teams like this.

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kingsley 

Irving

Lee (if no Haring)

Naismith

Boyce

Wighton

Reality check- If that team can’t put Alloa to the sword, then we can forget about winning the cup.

18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

There are no easy games in this league. The pressure is all on us after last weeks preformance and the players owe the fans a decent showing.

There will be no pressure on Alloa as they will be expected to lose and will look to hit us on the break.

I would be expecting a strong start from us and we really need to be playing at a high tempo and brushing them aside early to knock the wind out of them.

If we do our usual "tippy tappy" around at the back at a snails pace then we will play right into their hands and the longer the game goes without us scoring the more difficult it will be.

There should be easy games in this league. Most the teams are tinpot.

You can't have more than two of Naismith, Walker, Haring, Lee or Halliday in the team or the lack of pace and energy ruins the whole team dynamic.

Just now, OldGorgie said:

Reality check- If that team can’t put Alloa to the sword, then we can forget about winning the cup.

Agreed. Anything other than a thrashing against this mob would be worrying, not only for the cup but for the league as well. We need to hit a vein of form before the 20th. You can smell blood off Celtic just now but we need to be at max confidence to take advantage of it

3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

There should be easy games in this league. Most the teams are tinpot.

No easy games - an excuse often made by teams who consistently underperform. This is the very definition of an easy game. You STILL need to go out and perform in close to top gear and that’s been our problem for years now. We find top gear once every 6 weeks.

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

No easy games - an excuse often made by teams who consistently underperform. This is the very definition of an easy game. You STILL need to go out and perform in close to top gear and that’s been our problem for years now. We find top gear once every 6 weeks.

Of course, we need the confidence we are better though and a winning mentality.  This is Alloa at home, it should be easy. 

11 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

You can't have more than two of Naismith, Walker, Haring, Lee or Halliday in the team or the lack of pace and energy ruins the whole team dynamic.

Haring, Haliday and Walker in front of them would be fine as long as you played 2 wide players with pace to stretch teams.

If we grind out another 1-0 with no width or pace, then we are going to struggle over the season. Tonight we must have 2 wingers preferably Moore and Roberts who must be instructed to run at their defence every chance they get , none of this endless stopping and passing back.  

12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

So you think we'll win our 9th game from 10 either way. 

Yep, but winning by the odd goal does nothing for my nerves, we should be blowing these teams away.

39 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Yes there is if you have a squad that is supposedly miles ahead. Alloa are pretty much part time, we should be smashing them by at least 3 or 4 goals. It's time this group of players produced. Sick of hearing them come out with the same stuff after every game, it's been like groundhog day for the last 4 years. 

5 minutes ago, David Black said:

If we grind out another 1-0 with no width or pace, then we are going to struggle over the season. Tonight we must have 2 wingers preferably Moore and Roberts who must be instructed to run at their defence every chance they get , none of this endless stopping and passing back.  

Roberts is terrible, truly woeful and him and Frear have been signed and played over 2 of the youngsters who are no worse. Don't get me wrong, not a massive fan of Henderson or Moore but to sign these two when they are no better is scandalous. Who scouted Frear, and is he even a footballer. Reminds me of Leigh Jenkinson. He will go down as equally a bad player in Hearts history. The guy looks scared of the ball. 

2 minutes ago, Heart of Darkness said:

Big reaction tonight 🙂

6 - 0 🤜💥

Unless we play with some more tempo and width, we aren't scoring 6 against anybody for the rest of the season. 

7 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Yes there is if you have a squad that is supposedly miles ahead. Alloa are pretty much part time, we should be smashing them by at least 3 or 4 goals. It's time this group of players produced. Sick of hearing them come out with the same stuff after every game, it's been like groundhog day for the last 4 years. 

Exactly, and the mentality that 1-0 and a wins a win while not performing to standard isn’t good enough overall.  These players are on big bucks this league because they are a better quality of player.  Time for them to prove it.

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Exactly, and the mentality that 1-0 and a wins a win while not performing to standard isn’t good enough overall.  These players are on big bucks this league because they are a better quality of player.  Time for them to prove it.

Exactly, should be showing no mercy to these teams and put a marker down. 

3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Roberts is terrible, truly woeful and him and Frear have been signed and played over 2 of the youngsters who are no worse. Don't get me wrong, not a massive fan of Henderson or Moore but to sign these two when they are no better is scandalous. Who scouted Frear, and is he even a footballer. Reminds me of Leigh Jenkinson. He will go down as equally a bad player in Hearts history. The guy looks scared of the ball. 

Agree,  I give every player that pulls on a hearts jersey time but I’m getting frustrated with Roberts and  imo  Frear is playing at a level above his ability it looks like he is rabbit caught in the headlights . Hope I’m wrong and they both applying themselves more but I honestly think they are just not good enough for us.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kingsley 

Irving

Lee (if no Haring)

Naismith

Boyce

Wighton

I think the bit I have highlighted in bold is debatable.

Alloa might just turn up tonight and give it a go. It's a free hit for them. Will be marked down as zero points so no point coming to Tynecastle and shitting their pants. I've no idea about their team but if they have 2 mobile centre mids and a quick forward they will get at our back line. I'm taking no game this season for granted we need to work hard for every point.

I hate to mention these two but Hibs under Lennon got out this league because he changed the mindset and Robbie needs to do that with this set of billy big baws.

I can't tell you the exact score for tonights game. 

What I can tell you is that this place will be full of the usual pant wetting and shitebaggery as per usual when Hearts play. 

Can we make a seperate thread for that actually? 

***the offishul shitebag thread***

57 minutes ago, One five said:

Agree,  I give every player that pulls on a hearts jersey time but I’m getting frustrated with Roberts and  imo  Frear is playing at a level above his ability it looks like he is rabbit caught in the headlights . Hope I’m wrong and they both applying themselves more but I honestly think they are just not good enough for us.

I agree about Frear but think we need to hang fire a bit on Roberts.  I saw enough quality against Dundee to think he can be decent for us.  

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I can't tell you the exact score for tonights game. 

What I can tell you is that this place will be full of the usual pant wetting and shitebaggery as per usual when Hearts play. 

Can we make a seperate thread for that actually? 

***the offishul shitebag thread***

I think it happens on every fans forum as well as other social media outlets.  People jumping on keyboards when they should really take time to settle their thoughts.  I avoided KB until yesterday after Friday's defeat.  Just knew it would be full of reactionary tosh.  It's likely the same people who were saying we will hammer Pars and piss this league.

Just now, TexasAndy said:

I agree about Frear but think we need to hang fire a bit on Roberts.  I saw enough quality against Dundee to think he can be decent for us.  

Frear is pish poor let's not mess about here. He can deliver the odd decent set piece other than that he has very little to offer.

Roberts I'll leave for now but he's not done much of note so far.

Ex member of the SaS

What we need and was sadly lacking in the last game was players in the box. No point having one player around the box when the ball comes in as the defence will easily stifle any attempt. Plus what is wrong with having a dig from outside the box instead of trying to walk the ball in. It worked for Ginnelly last time he played.

I'm up in the middle of the night with a miserable cold and feeling absolutely crap.  The last thing I need is another tripe performance from Hearts resulting in an underwhelming 2-1 win and leaving us all depressed.

I know we shouldn't undeservedly underrate oponents but this is Alloa.  Alloa.

Surely we should be scoring at least 5.

ToadKiller Dog

Score an early goal we will end up with a 3 or more goal win .

Wasteful again and Alloa could sneak a result ,you saw Dunfermline confidence grow after they scored .

Warning Alloa took 4pts off Robbies United last season. 

17 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm up in the middle of the night with a miserable cold and feeling absolutely crap.  The last thing I need is another tripe performance from Hearts resulting in an underwhelming 2-1 win and leaving us all depressed.

I know we shouldn't undeservedly underrate oponents but this is Alloa.  Alloa.

Surely we should be scoring at least 5.

5? :sadrobbo:

Tokyo Drifter
On 21/11/2020 at 10:58, upgotheheads said:

Apologies for starting this while we're still digesting last night's 'performance'. But I think we need to talk.

I'm hoping for quite a few changes. Hearts really do need to send out a wake-up call to some who think they will be first picks.

Berra for Popescu.  Berra has his weaknesses but Popescu needs to take stock.

Irving for Halliday, because he's a better player.

Henderson for Frear, we need to give Henderson a proper chance.

Whiting as striker for Boyce, until Boyce starts to realise that this league is not beneath him.

Naismith, think he must start without Boyce, because together they get billy big-baws syndrome.

Haring to start at all costs, and just keep our fingers crossed.

Moore on the bench along with Walker. just so that Walker realises what his true level is.

Ginnelly to start, or we need to know if he's not just an expensive liability.

Agree with most of that though I think Haring and Ginnelly are both injured and unlikely to feature.

I'd play Wighton up front with Naismith tucked in behind. Wighton has a bit of confidence now and if Naisy can feed him chances he'll gobble them up. Bring on Boyce is all else fails.

1 minute ago, King prawn said:

D6397CB7-0221-43A0-BF7F-01D3D149DD6E.thumb.png.870a0a1cf3624daf877e16d65e9c3845.png

Hamilton

McKay

Anderson

El Hassnaoui :facepalm:

There is no way we have worse players than this one. We do have a half arsed half paced mentality though.

• davemclaren locked this topic