Marius Žaliūkas R.I.P.

Notorious BIG

1 hour ago, Gone said:

Didn't he score the winner at the Hibs league cup party?

Brilliant man. Statue I say!

He did, another great day out with Zal. 

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• gashauskis9

• Marvin

• soonbe110

So emotional tonight. 

Already crazy times we live in, everyone has their own stress’s going on with this pandemic and everything that comes with it. 

Cannot believe reading the tragic news halfway thru the match about big Zal.   

Then hearts to win and reach another Scottish cup final with the biggest GIRFUY to Scottish football.   

A wee half toasted to Marius. 

Gorgie Rules 

Fire_At_The_Disco
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We need to do good by him and his family. Zal didn’t earn big money with us, the only Lithuanian that did was Jankauskas.  Marius has a wife and very young child. Mods, maybe you can set up a donate fund for us to show our respects and help his family. Or maybe Iain Mac can do something through a one off FOH donation opportunity. Need to show our respect as well as helping his family’s future. 

I’m in .... I’m not a rich man but if mods set it up I’ll get the ball rolling with £20

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We need to do good by him and his family. Zal didn’t earn big money with us, the only Lithuanian that did was Jankauskas.  Marius has a wife and very young child. Mods, maybe you can set up a donate fund for us to show our respects and help his family. Or maybe Iain Mac can do something through a one off FOH donation opportunity. Need to show our respect as well as helping his family’s future. 

Good man. Give him a good send off. 

Edited by Cruyff

Dean Winchester

This.

Agreed. Certainly give this.great idea.Tragic.

12 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

The finest Scotch wasn't coming out after a routine destruction of the vermin.

It is now.

Thankyou Zal 😢

About to have myself. Really really sad news.

willie wallace

Bumped into him a couple of days after he scored the winner at Easter Rd.

English wasn't great then and he seemed a wee a bit shy but was very polite as I rambled on about scoring the winner against Hibs.

RIP Big Zal.

Nelly Terraces

My brother in law (Sisters husband) died on Tuesday, then the news of Zal & last half hour of the game have totally done me this week. An emotional wreck.

I'm thinking of Zals family & friends this evening. RIP Big Z - you will be loved by us all at Heart of Midlothian forever and a day.

The Establishment

RIP Zal. Love that we won today but this is the big news. Far too young but wow thinking about it what a Hearts career. Captain on our greatest day

Heartening to read so many kind comments from all over the football landscape. Truly devastating news. RIP Zal, taken far too young.

Phil D. Corners

RIP captain. 

Will we remember his interview before the cup final.

“We are prepared and very confident“

That’s when I knew we would win. 

manaliveits105
5 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

I’m in .... I’m not a rich man but if mods set it up I’ll get the ball rolling with £20

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Make that another £20. A much loved captain, and from all reports, a good guy, too. Two years younger than me - it has hit home hard.

yep definitely

Been a season ticket holder for over 20 years and Big Zal is one of my favourite players and captains in that time.

Genuinely gutted.

What a man.

hearts @ heart

Well I wondered if he would settle in to being a Jambo.  Remember him retrieving a ball at Herriot Watt. I waved to him and and shout come on Zal. He smiled and raised his arms. I new he would make it. Wonderful day he and the rest of the team gave us in those dark daysin 2012. When he raised his arms this time he was lifting the Scottish Cup. He is one of us and he is a legend. All hearts only hearts  

God bless, Zal. 

Shocking news. 

A strange, bittersweet day, 

RIP. You'll always be in our Hearts, too. 

I remember watching him play his first home game and thinking WTF bombscare but he turned that right around and became one of the best central defenders for Hearts. I am in total shock and sad disbelief at the news of his passing RIP big fella 😢 he will always be in our hearts as the captain who led out the famous on the day we totaled that lot from who lochend .

Ryan McGowan sums it up. All to quick to criticize players but they all try their best maybe times like this we have to remember they are human. All wearing 26 on the 21st would be a start of a tribute

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How did he die? I heard MND but I never knew he had it.

1 minute ago, hearts @ heart said:

Well I wondered if he would settle in to being a Jambo.  Remember him retrieving a ball at Herriot Watt. I waved to him and and shout come on Zal. He smiled and raised his arms. I new he would make it. Wonderful day he and the rest of the team gave us in those dark daysin 2012. When he raised his arms this time he was lifting the Scottish Cup. He is one of us and he is a legend. All hearts only hearts  

My Mother looked after Zal when he first moved to the club, heart broken.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Zal played with a true passion for the club and formed a real bond with the supporters, that is something don't often see in the modern game. He will always have a place in the Hearts of all those proud to wear Maroon! 

RIP Marius.

He loved the club, the fans and played for the jersey knowing exactly what it meant.

He did this through hard work and determination to be the best he could be.

Edited by Jamboelite

45 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

100%

I would stick 20quid in, It's not much but would show his family he was one of us and will be remembered as a cup winning legend.

letsalldothebeattie

Absolutely gutted when I saw the news and still can’t really believe it now. Was never a fan of his at the start didn’t see him lasting at the club but by god did he work his socks off and improved and won me round. Excellent player for us gave absolutely everything and led us brilliantly especially on that day in May 2012. A legend for that day alone. Seems really strange to be writing a tribute to a player from a team that won the cup just 8 years ago. No age to go at 36. 

Thank you for the service, thank you for being a part of this glorious club and thank you for being a part of that day in May 2012. 

Rest Easy Zal

😭

jamboinglasgow

Devastating news, just still cant believe it. As others have said, my thoughts are with his family.

The fact he went from the lows when he came, faced a hostile fan base with how he played early on then won them over to become so loved demonstrates what an incredible person he was. His personalty was fantastic and loved his insane nature (best shown by that picture of him in the childs car.) But also remember his kind side, I am pretty sure a poster on here had a young child who the child and Zal got on so well and there was some beautiful pictures of Zal and the child being best mates.

I do hope the club do something lasting for him as he deserves it, and I do like the idea that fans raise money for his family. Apart from Rudi, the foreign player who most got Hearts during the Romanov period.

18 minutes ago, martoon said:

Credit to Hibs fans. 

Kind words despite the result today. 

Yep went over to gloat and very touched by the comments regarding Zal.