• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• gashauskis9

• Marvin

• soonbe110

More than just a bit, definitely put a dampener on the second half. 

We just have to hope for a second goal for him. 

On 30/12/2012 at 12:29, :shitwine: said:

:jjyay:

NEW SMILEY PLZ

8 years late, but needs to be one now more than ever!

He got so much critiscm for being a bombscare, but you can see just how much that Cup win meant to him.  One of our biggest characters, and a chronically underrated player.  Loved him. 

Need to win this game for him now. 

Edited by tian447

Of all the deaths this week, this news has effected me the most.   RIP Marius.

9 minutes ago, tian447 said:

He got so much critiscm for being a bombscare, but you can see just how much that Cup win meant to him.  One of our biggest characters, and a chronically underrated player.  Loved him. 

Need to win this game for him now. 

He was horrendous when we first saw him but, grew into a great player for us. To be fair, we did start playing him in midfield so it isn't surprising that he wasn't at his best.

1 minute ago, Stokesy said:

He was horrendous when we first saw him but, grew into a great player for us. To be fair, we did start playing him in midfield so it isn't surprising that he wasn't at his best.

A slow start, but horrendous as a bit harsh.  Never the less he proved to be excellent for us and got some of the appreciation he deserved.  

Big man was one of those defenders who wasn't technically brilliant but put his body on the line every single game, loads of times he ends up injured through putting his body in where it hurt, he was brilliant for that

And he hated the Hibs 

Cup winning legend

9 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

He was never horrendous, but more than capable of selling the jerseys. 

He always gave his all though, and looked to really love the club.  I remember the utter dejection he had when he scored an own goal at Easter Road in the 3-1 win. 

All in all, a top player for us.  Solid, capable, and scored 9 goals for us.  He would have always been welcome at Tynecastle for a half time draw, and I hope we do him right in the first game we're allowed back at Tynecastle. 

You know for a fact we'd have been doing the "Marius Zaliukas do do do doo" song for the entire second half, so it's a shame this game is behind closed doors. 

I burst in to tears when I found out about this. We need to do it for Zal.

What a player. What a guy. RIP captain.

So used to acknowledging the deaths of players from the 50s, 60s, 70s etc but I just cannot compute the death of our cup winning legend of a captain. He lifted that trophy just over eight years ago. EIGHT years. I am gutted for his close family and friends and the fact I am writing this now is because I just can't relate to a wind swept, empty Hampden against them right now when we had the joy of a blistering hot weekend which goes down as one of the greatest moments in our club's history. And Big Zal captained us to it.

R.I.P Big Man.

PS I hope the club recognise your passing as befits a Hearts hero. 

RIP Zal.

He was colossal after his first couple of seasons and stayed there. Was gutted when he left and gutted tonight. 

So classy on the ball and loved a goal. He just got the club and the fans loved him for it.

Really awful news.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I hate that we are fulfiling the Scottish Cup. However, winning this thing and dedicating it to big Zal is the best tribute we can pay him. RIP.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I hate that we are fulfiling the Scottish Cup. However, winning this thing and dedicating it to big Zal is the best tribute we can pay him. RIP.

Spot on Geoff. 

It would be the perfect tribute.