• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• gashauskis9

• Marvin

• soonbe110

The Zal situation still hits me hard today, not many will remember but my name used to be “BigZal” on here back when he was a pretty divisive figure for the supporter, I still have accounts on various platforms with the name “Zaliukas26” or something similar from back in the day.

Even early on when he made mistakes and had his moments I always felt a connection with him, you could tell that Marius cared about the club from his first day to his last.

You can argue about who the best captain is based on ability alone but for me Zal was the pure definition of the word, he was a leader and for any supporter under 30 he was an icon. 

God bless you Marius Zaliukas, rest in peace

AllyjamboDerbyshire
24 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

The Zal situation still hits me hard today, not many will remember but my name used to be “BigZal” on here back when he was a pretty divisive figure for the supporter, I still have accounts on various platforms with the name “Zaliukas26” or something similar from back in the day.

Even early on when he made mistakes and had his moments I always felt a connection with him, you could tell that Marius cared about the club from his first day to his last.

You can argue about who the best captain is based on ability alone but for me Zal was the pure definition of the word, he was a leader and for any supporter under 30 he was an icon. 

God bless you Marius Zaliukas, rest in peace

Nicely said. 

upgotheheads

He was a good player and a great captain. My main memory of him (aside from him tripping over the ball at Ayr😄) is him bawling Up Up to get the defensive line forward for the offside trap.