• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• gashauskis9

• Marvin

• soonbe110

A player that understood hearts. 

Will always have fond memories of his time at Tynecastle. 

RIP our cup winning captain Zal. 

Today's result was for Marius.

Bidding against everyone in the Gorgie Suite to put price up but still buy his own strip back he put up for auction when we were in admin.

RIP you absolute legend. 

Horrible news - wasn't convinced by him initially but he proved himself to be an excellent player, an inspirational captain, and by all accounts a great lad. Very hard to believe he's gone at the age of 36.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Furious Styles said:

Neither did I or I’d imagine most hearts supporters. Truly tragic.

An old friend of mine died 2 months ago from MND. He was 60. 
36 is such a young age. 

I actually thought it was Romanov when they mentioned Lithuania, like the all of is it was such a crazy thing to try and take in as the weirdest game ever raged on. 
Such a strange mix of emotions. 

RIP Marius, I never fully realised how much I appreciated you until now! Absolutely gutted by this news, just glad Hearts could pay tribute in the perfect way! 

Edited by JamboMarc

Well that news has taken the wind right out of my sails. What a horrible, horrible, f*****g horrible disease.

RIP Zal 🇱🇹, thoughts and condolences to your family and friends. 

16 minutes ago, obua said:

Mixed emotions at the end there rip big zal.

Absolutely. Not much dampens a victory over them but this really has.

If there’s such a thing as an afterlife then I hope he’s chuckling away 🇱🇹

One of those who just seemed to 'get it'

A cup winning captain and a legend

Like all, our thoughts are with his close family and friends..............and the Hearts family will always remember you.

If someone could post the BBC tribute I'd be really grateful. Was a couple of minutes behind in my viewing and my sky box stopped recording just before it.... Feeling a bit emotional at our loss tonight but delighted we could honour him with another hampden victory over them... 

Gutted to hear this I met him a couple of times such a gentleman who knew what we are all about. RIP big man thoughts are with all your family. 

Terrible news RIP Zal. 

I loved his passion for the club. 

He was so exited that great day in 2012

was going up the wrong steps to get the cup. His interview on BBC on the pitch at Hampden in front of the Hearts fans was something I'll always remember. ❤️

Mid Calder Jambo

Big Zal you were closer to me than most on this board will ever know, and don't anyone ask because that is private and will stay that way. I am so glad we respected your memory tonight and sleep tight big man you gave us the day of our lives in May 2012. HHGH

Just unbelievable and so sad. he was a great captain and player for us.

I just hope we can win the cup this year and dedicate it to him.

Been in tears on and off since half time at hearing this. So gutted for such a great guy who gave his all, cared for this club and was a cup winning Captain. 

Rest in peace Zal. 

RIP Big Zal and it was good to see to a man that other lot all gave Zal respect tonight on there message board.

Was in bits when the BBC showed Big Zal lifting the cup at the end of the programme. RIP big man! You will never be forgotten. 

42 minutes ago, Raymond Reddington said:

I know it would be complex to do as his place of rest will be in Lithuania and i don't know if JKB or Foundation of Hearts do however if there is a way i can donate to flowers for his Funeral I have the first £51 to start it. Would be good to have Captain spelt out.

This if possible.

Really floored by this.

Watched the game huddled over the laptop with wee daughter.  The first game that  she has really shown an interest in. Really good vibe.... I was feeling the Proud Father thing.

Then hearing the news afterwards. Jeezo... feel quite numb and very slightly tearful. 

36. Jeezo...

RIP Big Zal.

7 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

Was in bits when the BBC showed Big Zal lifting the cup at the end of the programme. RIP big man! You will never be forgotten. 

Exactly this.

First I heard of it was the mention after the final whistle, not sure I've ever went from joyful to distraught quite so quickly before. Was the captain in my teens and one of my favourite players I've ever watched both for being rock solid and a great guy. Been tearful for the last hour, RIP big man. Hope we go on and win the damn thing for you.

We will all die wishing we had the same effect and same things that this guy had. I am steaming I just want to say thanks for the memories. 

Very sad, far too soon, part of Hearts history, a Hearts man. I hope his family are proud of Marius's achievements, my thoughts with them at this sad time. Life can be so cruel. RIP.

the jambo poet

Absolutely tragic. 36 is no age at all. RIP captain. Great memories that now seem so sad. There's a few cup winning captains up there with you, rest easy amongst them big man.

my favourite goal of his was the winner at St Johnstone in the 2012 cup replay 3 minutes from the end of extra time. Great celebrations at the end which he of course was right in the middle off. Who knows what would have happened had that not gone in 

It really does put football in perspective, hard to believe and as others have said my heart particularly goes out to his family. RIP Zal, gone too soon. 

Gorgie Boot boy

R.I.P Big Zal . A Jambo legend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7pzO0Np5H8

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

The finest Scotch wasn't coming out after a routine destruction of the vermin.

It is now.

Thankyou Zal 😢

1 hour ago, Homme said:

Hearts need to do good by this guy.

We need to do good by him and his family. Zal didn’t earn big money with us, the only Lithuanian that did was Jankauskas.  Marius has a wife and very young child. Mods, maybe you can set up a donate fund for us to show our respects and help his family. Or maybe Iain Mac can do something through a one off FOH donation opportunity. Need to show our respect as well as helping his family’s future. 

1 hour ago, Stokesy said:

He was horrendous when we first saw him but, grew into a great player for us. To be fair, we did start playing him in midfield so it isn't surprising that he wasn't at his best.

Indeed, that early game at Murrayfield where he played in midfield against Barca! Who would have believed he would become a 5-1 cup winning captain?

Turned around some shockingly poor criticism from his own fans along the way and remained a true gentleman. 

Devastated to hear this news earlier. 

Big hearted player & Captain. 
One of a select few Captains who has been presented with the Scottish Cup. 

RIP legend.