Jump to content

Champions League 2020/21


Morgan

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:


What do you mean? 
 

I like watching him - he’s direct, fast and skilful but I get that his tendency to play dead after the slightest touch irritates people. 
 

Prefer Mbappe. He just runs in a straight line toward the goal!

Neymar's downfall is his stupid theatrics are so obvious.

 

So many players that get no criticism are a lot more sly about it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mikey1874

    65

  • CJGJ

    20

  • Morgan

    18

  • Nunya Business

    18

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Real Madrid top their group. Pretty good overall. Thought they were heading to Europa League. 

 

Inter Milan finish last are are out of Europe. Thought they were so good with Lukaku etc. 

 

A lot of journalists will need to rewrite their assessments. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Morgan said:

No way can Madrid be written off for the CL.

 

Not this season, not any season. 

Yeah, it must be great being able to make refs millionaires. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Strangely disliked by many so called 'football fans' 

 

 

Strangely disliked? He epitomises everything that’s wrong with modern football for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Strangely disliked? He epitomises everything that’s wrong with modern football for me. 

 

Hard work, determination, fighting out of poverty. 

 

Yeah. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Hard work, determination, fighting out of poverty. 

 

Yeah. 

As well as being the worst diver there's ever been, all the showboating and being the player who owes the most in unpaid tax.. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Furious Styles
4 minutes ago, King prawn said:

As well as being the worst diver there's ever been, all the showboating and being the player who owes the most in unpaid tax.. 

 

 


A stand up guy apparently. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, King prawn said:

As well as being the worst diver there's ever been, all the showboating and being the player who owes the most in unpaid tax.. 

 

 

 

No different to likes to Vardy and Kane then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Strangely disliked by many so called 'football fans' 

 

 

 

Nothing strange to dislike that prick.

 

Still waiting on his appology for accusing Scotland fans of racism at the Arsenal ground.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

No different to likes to Vardy and Kane then. 

Perhaps I'm wrong but I don't remember seeing endless montages of dozens of dives by either of them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Perhaps I'm wrong but I don't remember seeing endless montages of dozens of dives by either of them. 


Or proof of unpaid tax either, unless I have missed something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I see there is some footage now of someone from the Turkish bench saying in my country Romanians are Gypsies.

 

I could post a long analysis of what happened.

 

Includes the following (you can get the full analysis on Twitter)

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
PROBABILITY OF DRAWING EACH OPPONENT IN CL LAST-16 
  Atletico Gladbach  FC Porto  Atalanta Sevilla  Lazio Barcelona  RB Leipzig 
Bayern Munich  0  0  16.42  19.22  21.17  20.95  22.23 
Real Madrid 0 20.47  23.70  25.36  30.47 
Manchester City 13.98  18.04  0 12.40  13.08  13.07  13.68  15.74 
Liverpool  14.23  18.38  10.63  0 13.30  13.43  14.04  15.99 
Chelsea  14.48  18.62  10.67  12.65  0 13.35  14.16  16.08 
Dortmund  22.80  16.18  19.06  20.40  0 21.55 
Juventus 19.71  25.58  14.68   0  18.32  0 0 21.72 
PSG  14.81  19.38  10.95  12.96  13.72  13.84  14.35  0

 

Liverpool most likely to get Monchengladbach in Champions League draw | Daily Mail Online

 

Atletico Gladbach  FC Porto  Atalanta Sevilla  Lazio Barcelona  RB Leipzig 
Edited by CJGJ
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CJGJ said:
PROBABILITY OF DRAWING EACH OPPONENT IN CL LAST-16 
  Atletico Gladbach  FC Porto  Atalanta Sevilla  Lazio Barcelona  RB Leipzig 
Bayern Munich  0  0  16.42  19.22  21.17  20.95  22.23 
Real Madrid 0 20.47  23.70  25.36  30.47 
Manchester City 13.98  18.04  0 12.40  13.08  13.07  13.68  15.74 
Liverpool  14.23  18.38  10.63  0 13.30  13.43  14.04  15.99 
Chelsea  14.48  18.62  10.67  12.65  0 13.35  14.16  16.08 
Dortmund  22.80  16.18  19.06  20.40  0 21.55 
Juventus 19.71  25.58  14.68   0  18.32  0 0 21.72 
PSG  14.81  19.38  10.95  12.96  13.72  13.84  14.35  0

 

Liverpool most likely to get Monchengladbach in Champions League draw | Daily Mail Online

 

Atletico Gladbach  FC Porto  Atalanta Sevilla  Lazio Barcelona  RB Leipzig 


eh? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth
8 hours ago, CJGJ said:
PROBABILITY OF DRAWING EACH OPPONENT IN CL LAST-16 
  Atletico Gladbach  FC Porto  Atalanta Sevilla  Lazio Barcelona  RB Leipzig 
Bayern Munich  0  0  16.42  19.22  21.17  20.95  22.23 
Real Madrid 0 20.47  23.70  25.36  30.47 
Manchester City 13.98  18.04  0 12.40  13.08  13.07  13.68  15.74 
Liverpool  14.23  18.38  10.63  0 13.30  13.43  14.04  15.99 
Chelsea  14.48  18.62  10.67  12.65  0 13.35  14.16  16.08 
Dortmund  22.80  16.18  19.06  20.40  0 21.55 
Juventus 19.71  25.58  14.68   0  18.32  0 0 21.72 
PSG  14.81  19.38  10.95  12.96  13.72  13.84  14.35  0

 

Liverpool most likely to get Monchengladbach in Champions League draw | Daily Mail Online

 

Atletico Gladbach  FC Porto  Atalanta Sevilla  Lazio Barcelona  RB Leipzig 

 

I would love Barca, I reckon they're scared of Liverpool right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:


eh? 

 

You are better looking at who each team can draw.

 

Some teams can only draw 1 of 4 or 5 teams. Mostly its 7 or 8.

 

 

Edited by Mikey1874
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/12/2020 at 03:24, McGlynn The Money said:

 

Are you sitting comfortably?   Then I'll begin...

 

10 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

 

Good for you.

 

 

If you’ve got something to say to me, just say it.

 

Stop arsing around.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
McGlynn The Money
17 hours ago, Morgan said:

 

 

 

If you’ve got something to say to me, just say it.

 

Stop arsing around.

 

 

 

:what:

 

No idea what you're on about mate so calm yourself down.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last-16 draw in full

Here is a recap of the draw:

  • Borussia Monchengladbach v Manchester City
  • Lazio v Bayern Munich
  • Atletico Madrid v Chelsea
  • RB Leipzig v Liverpool
  • Porto v Juventus
  • Barcelona v Paris St-Germain
  • Sevilla v Borussia Dortmund
  • Atalanta v Real Madrid
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Don'tcha just love the BBC...

 

21:09
'Leipzig are a dangerous team'
RB Leipzig 0-0 Liverpool


Stephen Warnock

Ex-Aston Villa and Liverpool defender on BBC Radio 5 Live

RB Leipzig have started this half like they started the first one, they look up for it. Liverpool just need to hold their shape for the first 5-10 minutes of this half. Get organised, organise the shape and then build on it like they did in the first half. But Leipzig are a dangerous team.

 

 

21:11
GOAL - RB Leipzig 0-1 Liverpool

 

21:16
GOAL - RB Leipzig 0-2 Liverpool

 

Ach, they're too easy to take the piss out of :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence

I’m assuming the 2nd leg at Anfield?  Seems a bit ridiculous that Leipzig lose their home advantage because England has one of the worst Covid rates in the world and can’t travel to Germany and other countries but the English teams still get to play at home.  Why didn’t they just have one leg ties at a neutral venue instead?

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m assuming the 2nd leg at Anfield?  Seems a bit ridiculous that Leipzig lose their home advantage because England has one of the worst Covid rates in the world and can’t travel to Germany and other countries but the English teams still get to play at home.  Why didn’t they just have one leg ties at a neutral venue instead?

I think you mIght find the issue is Germany and not the UK...

Liverpool's Champions League last-16 first leg against RB Leipzig will be played in Budapest, Hungary, after they were banned from travelling to Germany.

Germany has prohibited most travel from countries hit hard by new variants of Covid-19, including the UK.

Bundesliga club Leipzig were told the fixture "did not meet the requirements for an exception".

The game will now take place at Budapest's Puskas Arena on the same date of 16 February (20:00 GMT).

The second leg will be played on 10 March at Anfield.

 

Arsenal playing their home tie in Athens and away tie in Rome against Benfica

Edited by CJGJ
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the Sevilla v Dortmund game just now. Pretty good so far in terms of entertainment but the thing that strikes me is that if anyone takes a swing and signs Haaland he’ll run riot in England. Total goal scorers instinct but I hadn’t realised just how fast he is, not just fast for a big guy but genuine pace, he’s broken a couple of times and left defenders for dead. And unlike a lot of big guys he gets up to full speed very quickly. He’s a bit of a freak, in a good way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't playing the games getting in "host" stadiums because the Home teams country have a travel ban completely defeat the point of the restrictions in the first place?  Now, instead of just one group of players travelling, you've got 2 sets going to somewhere where they would never have been in the first place.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good game so far with Chelsea and Atletico. Atletico are such a well set up team, but don’t do anything too clever just a simple system that they know very well how to use. Shows that coaches can have all the fancy theories they want but if you can’t drill it into the players it’s worth nothing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
On 18/02/2021 at 11:07, tian447 said:

Doesn't playing the games getting in "host" stadiums because the Home teams country have a travel ban completely defeat the point of the restrictions in the first place?  Now, instead of just one group of players travelling, you've got 2 sets going to somewhere where they would never have been in the first place.


They should have just scrapped it this season to be honest.  Also seems ridiculous that all the English teams are getting the advantage of not having to play an away tie - because they are not deemed safe to travel abroad. So clubs that play in a country with a more competent government that’s maybe got Covid under control can get penalised.  I know home advantage is less of a thing this season but still seems like madness to me.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
NANOJAMBO
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


They should have just scrapped it this season to be honest.  Also seems ridiculous that all the English teams are getting the advantage of not having to play an away tie - because they are not deemed safe to travel abroad. So clubs that play in a country with a more competent government that’s maybe got Covid under control can get penalised.  I know home advantage is less of a thing this season but still seems like madness to me.  

Completely agree.

That said, AM were dreadful tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very disappointing performance from Atletico last night. Their lead in La liga is being whittled down as well. Their match at home to Real in a c ouple of weeks will have a big impact on the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...