Champions League 2020/21

Morgan

What a finish...Porto score then Juventus...means Juventus still need another with 2 mins to go

Porto are handing posession away instead of just making for the corners of the pitch

Penalty claim now....not given and into injury time of extra time

Great match........Porto through on away goals

PS Ronaldo turning his back and jumping up on a free kick cost them dearly

Edited by CJGJ

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Morgan

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Never been crazy about away goals counting in ET. Juve were the better side but there you go.

:pleasing:

41 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Never been crazy about away goals counting in ET. Juve were the better side but there you go.

No chance. Porto were the better side by miles in the first half. After the red card Porto put in one of the best defensive performances you’ll see. Juventus were struggling to score. 

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I believe Haaland is what’s known as the real f****** deal.

Would like to see him at Liverpool in a trade plus cash for Mane and/or Firminio. Surely Jurgen can fix it. 

40 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Would like to see him at Liverpool in a trade plus cash for Mane and/or Firminio. Surely Jurgen can fix it. 

If any forward is leaving Liverpool it’s Salah. 

10 hours ago, Rudy T said:

He’ll go to Man City for about 150 million quid and about 600 grand a week they’ll also get Messi then they might win the champs league.

66m release clause next season is activated might stay at Dortmund then Bayern will activate it probably even offering Lewandowski as a free.

6 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Bobby plus cash would work well think Bobby got to an age now there is no sell on value from him for FSG so might be used as a swap deal . Mane won’t leave it will be Salah . Bring back Harvey Elliot from Blackburn and sign Jack Grealish and a fully fit Jota . Will look refreshed next season. 

I always thought that no top league games could be televised if a CL match was on. I remember a midweek Hearts Hibs derby a couple of seasons ago couldn't be televised, but I see Man City v Southampton on tonight. Have the rules changed.....?

53 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I always thought that no top league games could be televised if a CL match was on. I remember a midweek Hearts Hibs derby a couple of seasons ago couldn't be televised, but I see Man City v Southampton on tonight. Have the rules changed.....?

Might have something to do with City game being a 6pm kick off.

John Findlay
58 minutes ago, Section Q said:

EPL can handle any fine UEFA dish out. It was the Scottish Cup replay in 2016.

2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Bobby plus cash would work well think Bobby got to an age now there is no sell on value from him for FSG so might be used as a swap deal . Mane won’t leave it will be Salah . Bring back Harvey Elliot from Blackburn and sign Jack Grealish and a fully fit Jota . Will look refreshed next season. 

I hope a bid is made by Klopp. Even if Haaland is his only summer signing. Would hate to see this kid at City anyway.

On 08/03/2021 at 18:56, Mikey1874 said:

Where are these players going to be next season 

Just 10 years until Haaland hits his peak. Maybe even hit a 1000 career goals by the time he hangs his boots up. 

Still, King Robert still reigns at the moment. 

4 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

66m release clause next season is activated might stay at Dortmund then Bayern will activate it probably even offering Lewandowski as a free.

Small change for Man City that and it’s their one problem position with Aguero likely to leave. Either that or they’ll go for the Arsenal boy maybe a swap plus cash for Aguero. 

Not a clue which one to watch tonight. German style pressing and attacking from Liverpool Leipzig or Potentially more skill full Latin type football? 
I can guarantee whichever one I watch all the goals will be in the other one. Every bloody time. 

VAR penalty for PSG is a load of pish

Cross goes straight to the keeper and is poor, but attacker's stud got clipped briefly although they had no chance of ever getting the ball

Totally against the spirit of the game giving a penalty for that

Getting the full VAR show in Paris tonight. English ref naturally. 
Great penalty save from Messi after his earlier cracker of a goal. 

Barca are all over them but Dembele isn’t having a good night in front of goal. The problem is every time PSG get the ball Mbappe looks dangerous bursting forward. 

Liverpool make it 1-0 on the night...excellent team move and Salah finishes it

Leipzig need 3 in the last 18 minutes and extra time no longer possible

Edit 2-0 and Mane scores..that'll be that

Edited by CJGJ

Hoddle said the messi penalty should have been retaken.  I'm waiting on the highlights so I can confirm his opinion as correct.  I'm assuming he means the goalie came off the line early. 

A player encroached the penalty box  semi circle.   Just saw it.   "The D zone".  ☺ 

Edited by HMFC01

11 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Hoddle said the messi penalty should have been retaken.  I'm waiting on the highlights so I can confirm his opinion as correct.  I'm assuming he means the goalie came off the line early. 

A player encroached the penalty box  semi circle.   Just saw it.   "The D zone".  ☺ 

The same player who headed the ball clear. 

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

It wasn't just about encroachment, which is routinely ignored. The player who encroached played the ball from the rebound which meant that he impacted on the penalty situation, which is why it should have been retaken.

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The same player who headed the ball clear. 

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It wasn't just about encroachment, which is routinely ignored. The player who encroached played the ball from the rebound which meant that he impacted on the penalty situation, which is why it should have been retaken.

Right enough, so he did, Verratti encroached the D zone, then cleared the rebound with a header. 

Well spotted.   I slept on that one.   I only spotted the encroachment. 

Manchester City score 2 in the first 18 minutes

4-0 on aggregate so far.....cruising and a couple of fine goals

Must be favourites for the competition....not unbeatable but favourites nevertheless

Radio Ga Ga

Never realised Real were playing their matches at their reserve ground whilst the Bernabeu is getting upgraded, just had a look on YouTube, what a stadium that’s going to be, $650 million it’s costing apparently.  

Bayern and Chelsea favourites to go through tomorrow......winners added to list below for the quarter final and semi final draws on Friday

Liverpool

PSG

Manchester City

Real Madrid

Dortmund

Porto

Manchester City, Bayern Munich and PSG favourites with not a whole lot between the other sides

Edited by CJGJ

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight (Tuesday 6th April) sees the return with the quarter final ties

Man City v Borussia Dortmund
UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
20:00
BT Sport 3 / BT Sport Ultimate

Real Madrid v Liverpool
BT Sport 2

Wednesday

Bayern Munich v PSG
BT Sport 3

FC Porto v Chelsea
BT Sport 2

Got both matches on my laptop with darts on the TV. Not bad for a Tuesday evening.

Looking forward to Man City vs Dortmund. Hoping for a fair few goals.

Hefty bit of cheating by Rodri for Man City in the box there. Definite yellow for cheating, unless the boot hitting his knee was so hard it hurt his face. 

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Hefty bit of cheating by Rodri for Man City in the box there. Definite yellow for cheating, unless the boot hitting his knee was so hard it hurt his face. 

Even worse cheating by Ederson

Bellingham denied a goal. 

Liverpool's version of Halkett & Popescu are having a mare.  Could be a hammering if Real decide to go for it. 

Reality is that at the top level the 'missing defence' will be a weakness

Its not just one player it is 3 players plus the other injured players like Henderson

The signings are patchwork to get to the end of the season but are not top class or even near the top class replacements

Of course on a good day the attack can make things difficult for Real Madrid but its hard to think they will not score at least one at Anfield

However hope springs eternal

16 hours ago, Taffin said:

Ref is having an absolute 'mare in the City game.

Got his wages on City?

Honestly not got a clue what the ref saw in the 'penalty' he gave in the first half. One of those rare occasions where VAR actually served justice.

2 hours ago, Locky said:

Honestly not got a clue what the ref saw in the 'penalty' he gave in the first half. One of those rare occasions where VAR actually served justice.

on first viewing (possibly due to rodri's reaction) it looked like can caught him in the face. however it still looked like to me (from the replays) that can caught him ever so slightly on the thigh/knee area, if that is the case i think the pen should have stood, especially since they had something like 100 replays to get the decision.

however i have no idea what he was thinking in relation to disallowing bellinghams goal for a foul on ederson, if anything ederson kicked the bottom of bellinghams foot

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

on first viewing (possibly due to rodri's reaction) it looked like can caught him in the face. however it still looked like to me (from the replays) that can caught him ever so slightly on the thigh/knee area, if that is the case i think the pen should have stood, especially since they had something like 100 replays to get the decision.

however i have no idea what he was thinking in relation to disallowing bellinghams goal for a foul on ederson, if anything ederson kicked the bottom of bellinghams foot

When I saw it in real time, I thought there was contact with the face due to Rodri's reaction. Then in the replays it did look like knee/thigh, but the more I watched it, the more I honestly thought there was no contact at all. Also, it looked as though the ball hit Rodri's hand too which was sort of why I thought it wasn't given. I think it would've been soft either way to give the penalty though.