Jump to content

Champions League 2020/21


Morgan

Recommended Posts

Champions League time again, albeit this one will be different in many ways.

 

Tuesday 20th October 2020

 

Chelsea v Seville

Barcelona v Ferencvaros

PSG v Manchester United

Zenit St.Petersburg v Club Bruges

Dynamo Kiev v Juventus

Rennes v FK Krasnodar

Lazio v Borussia Dortmund

RB Leipzig v Istanbul Basaksehir

 

I’m not sure how I think some of these games will go, but I’d like to see wins for Seville, Ferencvaros, Manchester United and Juventus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mikey1874

    65

  • CJGJ

    20

  • Morgan

    18

  • Nunya Business

    18

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted above because I was looking for the Chelsea team. Stranger things have happened.

 

 

Edited by Mikey1874
Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that it’s a new rule that referees need to be prefixed with their nationality on BT Sport. Pretty much every time he’s been mentioned in the Man Utd game he’s been called “the Spanish referee” 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Man Utd enjoying being a counter attacking team. 


Also enjoying the benefit of the doubt with every single penalty decision

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 games watched

 

Chelsea could do with a more experienced manager though credit to Sevilla for continuing the magic 

 

Man Utd still have a lot to do to qualify from this group. But credit to a very good defensive performance with some players delivering. Wan-Bissaka, Fred, Shaw, McTominay, Lindelof, Tuanzebe were all excellent. Which is slightly bizarre saying it. 

 

Nice finish for the winner.

 

 

Counter attacking side. Maybe one of the best around. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wednesday 21st October 2020

 

FC Red Bull Salzburg v Locomotiv Moscow

Bayern Munich v Atletico Madrid

Real Madrid v Shakhtar Donetsk

Inter Milan v Borussia Monchengladbach

Manchester City v FC Porto

Olympiakos v Marseille

Ajax v Liverpool

FC Midtjylland v Atalanta

 

A few good games tonight.

 

I’m hoping for wins for Atletico, Real, Inter, Porto and Liverpool.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just switched on the Real Madrid match and they’re playing their match at the small stadium at their training centre surprisingly. Makes good sense though and it’s nicer than some SPFL grounds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I just switched on the Real Madrid match and they’re playing their match at the small stadium at their training centre surprisingly. Makes good sense though and it’s nicer than some SPFL grounds. 

Maybe not that sensible though. 3-0 down after 40 minutes to Shaktar!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Maybe not that sensible though. 3-0 down after 40 minutes to Shaktar!! 

The commentator said Shaktar have ten first team players out with covid, too. 🤯

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn

It’s quite funny to see the air of resignation at Barca and Madrid. No longer able to outspend everyone or to rely on the local council to pick up the tab. And going backwards rapidly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I just switched on the Real Madrid match and they’re playing their match at the small stadium at their training centre surprisingly. Makes good sense though and it’s nicer than some SPFL grounds. 

 

What grounds?  It looks utter shite from where I'm looking :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

 

What grounds?  It looks utter shite from where I'm looking :lol: 

If they take the banners away it’s actually a 6k seater with a 4K capacity main stand. Put (unneeded) roofs on the stands and it’s nicer than the likes of Hamilton and Ross County. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Error from keeper for 3-3

 

VAR

 

No goal, attacker standing beside GK

 

2-3

 

Full Time !

Coupon buster

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not having seen it, I do think its progress that offsides are now being given for players standing in front of the goalkeeper.

 

But tough to see the right angle. Is keeper really affected?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not having seen it, I do think its progress that offsides are now being given for players standing in front of the goalkeeper.

 

But tough to see the right angle. Is keeper really affected?

 

He was right in front of him.  Plus he lifted his leg to let the ball pass under.  I think there was a straight line between the shot, obstructing player and goalie.

Edited by HMFC01
Link to post
Share on other sites

Real Madrid getting beat, scoring an own goal, and having a late equaliser chopped off? 

 

:pleasing:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Not having seen it, I do think its progress that offsides are now being given for players standing in front of the goalkeeper.

 

But tough to see the right angle. Is keeper really affected?

 

I'd say so, this is where it's getting over complicated.

 

The guy is about a metre in front of the keeper, with it taking a deflection aswell he only has milliseconds to adjust his positioning.

 

The whole VAR offsides I think should be used in clear and obvious situations, considering the attacker used to get the advantage until this season ala Mane v Everton with a part of the body that is not allowed to touch the ball. It just seems they're rolling a dice every year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ajax corner.

11 Liverpool  players less than 18 yards from their own goal line - 10 of them in the box and 1 covering the short corner. And not covering it very well :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
2 hours ago, Van Wilder said:

 

I'd say so, this is where it's getting over complicated.

 

The guy is about a metre in front of the keeper, with it taking a deflection aswell he only has milliseconds to adjust his positioning.

 

The whole VAR offsides I think should be used in clear and obvious situations, considering the attacker used to get the advantage until this season ala Mane v Everton with a part of the body that is not allowed to touch the ball. It just seems they're rolling a dice every year.

 

 

Could make it easier, anyone in the 6 yard box is offside no matter what, or even in the 18 yard box. 

 

IMO if your in the box your Interfering with play in someway. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
McGlynn The Money
On 21/10/2020 at 18:50, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s quite funny to see the air of resignation at Barca and Madrid. No longer able to outspend everyone or to rely on the local council to pick up the tab. And going backwards rapidly.

 

Aye, much better to see the oil billionaires running the show...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

 

Aye, much better to see the oil billionaires running the show...


Better that than Madrid’s council spending hundreds of millions of taxpayers money to “buy” the training ground

Link to post
Share on other sites
McGlynn The Money
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:


Better that than Madrid’s council spending hundreds of millions of taxpayers money to “buy” the training ground

 

Okay...

 

As for the training ground story, that's the urban myth but not actually what happened.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

 

Okay...

 

As for the training ground story, that's the urban myth but not actually what happened.

 

Oddly it’s documented in a lot of very reliable places for an urban myth. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...