Jump to content

Champions League 2020/21


Morgan

Recommended Posts

Stephane Grappelli
17 hours ago, Morgan said:

Not biased!  :rofl: 

 

Jokes apart, I think he is a tremendous player.

 

:)

 

Me too, a great leader as well. Also has a reputation for being dirty and a hothead etc but well over 100 games for Spain but no records with them. Only when he's in the white shirt!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mikey1874

    65

  • CJGJ

    20

  • Morgan

    18

  • Nunya Business

    18

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Manchester City in Greece 5.55pm kick off with Liverpool at home to Atalanta 8pm on BT sport channels

 

Inter Milan v Real Madrid also 8pm and that could be the loser waves goodbye already to the Champions League

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Lovely team goal and City lead 1-0   Foden

 

Pass and move at it's best

 

Similar to the Hearts goals last night

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/10/2020 at 21:38, McGlynn The Money said:

 

Okay...

 

As for the training ground story, that's the urban myth but not actually what happened.

 

What did happen then?

 

I’m all ears.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What was the Ajax keeper doing ?

 

Let cross go over his head but it did not go out and Liverpool lead..Curtis Jones who has played well tonight

 

Can't really say lead deserved but there you go

Link to post
Share on other sites

City looked like they had taken the lead but offside given ..however just can't see that on any replay

 

edit not the cross etc but prior to that the person crossing was given offside

Edited by CJGJ
Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
58 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

What was the Ajax keeper doing ?

 

Let cross go over his head but it did not go out and Liverpool lead..Curtis Jones who has played well tonight

 

Can't really say lead deserved but there you go

 

I can! :lol:

 

Can only imagine the goalie had no idea the 2nd Liverpool player (Jones) was coming in behind Mane and was think the ball was going out for a bye. Or he has a hinky right eye. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

PSG in front 2-1..then Fred sent off for United

 

Have to say his tackle seemed fine and a bit harsh I think

 

Chelsea 2-0 up away at Seville......edit 3-0 and a hat trick for Giroud

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CJGJ said:

Great 3rd goal for PSG...Neymar and what a passing move as well as some top class dribbling from him

He’s so annoying. When he forgets the party tricks and the diving and just plays normal football he is a sublime talent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth
10 hours ago, CJGJ said:

PSG in front 2-1..then Fred sent off for United

 

Have to say his tackle seemed fine and a bit harsh I think

 

Chelsea 2-0 up away at Seville......edit 3-0 and a hat trick for Giroud

 

The referee probably had enough of him after he should have been sent off twice beforehand in the first half, why the hell Ole Gunnar Fraudster left him on the pitch is a mystery, he should have been hooked at half time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Great 3rd goal for PSG...Neymar and what a passing move as well as some top class dribbling from him

 

The main thing I took from the game is PSG are a lot more resilient now. In previous seasons they would have given up. But in a fairly even game up to 75 minutes they dug in well. 

 

Martial missed a sitter early 2nd half then Cavani hit bar at 1-1. Fred sending off made little difference. But shows what a key player he is for United now that he wasn't subbed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The modern system of full backs leaving wide players in lots of space is pretty common these days.

 

But its cost Man Utd 2 early goals 

 

2-0 Leipzig 

 

 

Edited by Mikey1874
Link to post
Share on other sites
alwaysthereinspirit
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

The modern system of full backs leaving wide players in lots of space is pretty common these days.

 

But its cost Man Utd 2 early goals 

 

2-0 Leipzig 

Is the Utd right back drunk?

Holy $#!te.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The modern system of full backs leaving wide players in lots of space is pretty common these days.

 

But its cost Man Utd 2 early goals 

 

2-0 Leipzig 

 

 

Cheers for this. My stream failed just at the wrong moment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like trouble with players at the psg game.    Racial incident.   Players walk off. 

 

The Turkish away team Basaksehir walked off the pitch due to racial remarks by the 4th official allegedly.   

Edited by HMFC01
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Looks like trouble with players at the psg game.    Racial incident.   Players walk off. 

 

Unconfirmed - possibly the 4th official 

 

 

Edited by Mikey1874
Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst

A BT pundit suggested that the 4th official said the " N word ". 

 

It was also reported that he had identified the person responsible as "the black player". 

 

Another report suggested that he had said "the N.e.g.r.o".   (edited to bypass the filter)

 

The officials are Romanian.  Black in Romanian is "Negru"

 

Take your pick!

Edited by Footballfirst
Link to post
Share on other sites

The incident at the psg game could knock man u into the europa league.   Psg could get a 3-0 win if the game isn't continued.   That's what was suggested by the pundits on BT. 

 

Doesn't sound fair to me.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

The incident at the psg game could knock man u into the europa league.   Psg could get a 3-0 win if the game isn't continued.   That's what was suggested by the pundits on BT. 

 

Doesn't sound fair to me.  

 

Man Utd doing a good enough job putting themselves into the Europa League. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst

A Romanian journalist has said the following on Twitter

 

"The ref probably said: 'jucatorul negru', which is translated as 'the black player'. 'Negru' and 'n.e.g.r.o' are very similar in pronounciation."

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

A Romanian journalist has said the following on Twitter

 

"The ref probably said: 'jucatorul negru', which is translated as 'the black player'. 'Negru' and 'n.e.g.r.o' are very similar in pronounciation."

Assuming it happened as above, you have to wonder whether that is acceptable - and would a match official refer to a "white player" ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
12 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Assuming it happened as above, you have to wonder whether that is acceptable - and would a match official refer to a "white player" ?

 

Not these days, but could you refer to someone as the "ginger headed" guy or the "fat striker"?

Edited by Footballfirst
Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
30 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

A BT pundit suggested that the 4th official said the " N word ". 

 

It was also reported that he had identified the person responsible as "the black player". 

 

Another report suggested that he had said "the N.e.g.r.o".   (edited to bypass the filter)

 

The officials are Romanian.  Black in Romanian is "Negru"

 

Take your pick!

 

Ba raging and you can see why. I've never heard anything like this in ma puff. 

 

An official using racist language.

 

:phface:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Not these days, but could you refer to someone as the "ginger headed" guy or the "fat striker"?

1) depends on context ?

2) No - unless, maybe, Robbo ? 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's good to see PSG and Leipzig go through.

 

Both developing sides with still room for improvement. They could both do better than last season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nunya Business
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Watching this performance and the team selection, I would make the change now. 

 

Pochettino in. 

 

I can't think of a manager with a higher reputation, despite having never won a trophy as a manager.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...