Champions League 2020/21

Morgan

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Scousers tan a window of the Real team bus

:vrface:

Ending the proposed title celebrations. Nah luck. 

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Morgan

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

manaliveits105

Congratulations Real 

Liverpool fans on par with the ceptic chumps - scum who think they are GFITW but in reality despised

McGlynn The Money
3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Madrid's bus window smashed near stadium

Just stupidity from Liverpool 'fans'

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Do they have something against Real Madrid? Bad losers maybe. 

Dortmund fans just did the fireworks outside the Man City hotel last night. 

40 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Congratulations Real 

Liverpool fans on par with the ceptic chumps - scum who think they are GFITW but in reality despised

- Hi Real Madrid, Liverpool here. We're going to have a minutes silence for the Hillsborough tragedy. Is that OK?

- Hi Liverpool. Yes of course, happy to play our part in commemorating such a tragic event.

- Cheers. As a thank you, some of our fans are going to smash up your bus on the way to the ground.

- Right...

The comparison with Celtic fans is spot on. Offended by everything but embarrassed by nothing.

City were unreal last night, passing with phenomenal pace and accuracy 👏🏼  I hope they dismantle PSG.

Haangaland having a few mouth covered chats at the end of the game with some  City players, Foden being one “I’ll pick you up at the airport yeah?” no doubt 🙃

7 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

City were unreal last night, passing with phenomenal pace and accuracy 👏🏼  I hope they dismantle PSG.

Haangaland having a few mouth covered chats at the end of the game with some  City players, Foden being one “I’ll pick you up at the airport yeah?” no doubt 🙃

there was a point when gundogan was having a go at one of the dortmund players then haaland walked over put his arm around him (he dwarfs him) and it seemed like he was saying calm down he is a decent lad i'll tell you about him next year

the general
16 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Madrid's bus window smashed near stadium

Just stupidity from Liverpool 'fans'

They really do have a high percentage of scummy fans

Good to know the police are going to 'investigate' wonder how that will pan out

4 hours ago, the general said:

They really do have a high percentage of scummy fans

Good to know the police are going to 'investigate' wonder how that will pan out

They will blame Chelsea fans.

Posted on the breakaway thread as well.....

The revamped 36-team Champions League was agreed on Monday.

It comes the day after 12 clubs, including six from England, announced plans to join a new, separate European Super League (ESL) instead.

The controversial new Champions League format is due to start in 2024 and run until at least 2033.

A planned announcement last month was scrapped amid arguments over club involvement in the running of the tournament.

The new format will see 36 clubs qualifying for an expanded 'first phase', where all clubs will play against 10 opponents of varying strengths.

This will result in a league table, with the top eight qualifying for the knockout phase and the next 16 going into a play-off for the remaining eight slots.

The format has been criticised by fans' groups, not least because two of the additional four slots will be allocated on the basis of past performance, to the clubs with the highest Uefa co-efficient that did not qualify for the Champions League automatically - but did qualify for another European competition.

If the process was in existence this season, Liverpool - depending on the outcome of the domestic cup competitions - and Chelsea would have been the clubs who stood to benefit.

The criticism around this format is that it would strip away the basis of qualification being around league position as a team could qualify for the Champions League despite finishing lower in the table than a team in the same league that missed out.

• 2 weeks later...

Let’s see which Neymar turns up. The one obsessed with fancy tricks and falling over constantly before inevitably losing the plot. Or the one who knuckles down and plays football showing that he is a massive talent when playing straight football. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

PSG look too good 

You just can’t afford to give away corners against them as the deliveries are so good. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

You just can’t afford to give away corners against them as the deliveries are so good. 

Improved all over the park.

Di Maria is a different player.

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Improved all over the park.

Di Maria is a different player.

Di Maria has always been a fantastic player but the UK media and public judged him on a short period in the EPL that didn’t work out for him. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Di Maria has always been a fantastic player but the UK media and public judged him on a short period in the EPL that didn’t work out for him. 

That always annoys me. Quality player but always say that he didn’t make it at Man U.

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

That always annoys me. Quality player but always say that he didn’t make it at Man U.

It’s sort of similar to the way Cavani was judged before he came to England. That “yeah he seems ok but he’s never played in the EPL” attitude. 

31 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Let’s see which Neymar turns up. The one obsessed with fancy tricks and falling over constantly before inevitably losing the plot. Or the one who knuckles down and plays football showing that he is a massive talent when playing straight football. 

With cheating now the norm (witness Harry Kane on Sunday for example) maybe Neymar has decided its cooler just to play. 

Bindy Badgy
6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s sort of similar to the way Cavani was judged before he came to England. That “yeah he seems ok but he’s never played in the EPL” attitude. 

Cold Wednesday night in Stoke syndrome. You saw the same thing with Zlatan as well.

6 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Cold Wednesday night in Stoke syndrome. You saw the same thing with Zlatan as well.

Players don't get credit that usually it takes time to get accustomed to a different league. 

Tennant's  6's
34 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Yeah, Tim Vickery has touched on that. 

Won titles in Portugal, Spain & Argentina, yet because he couldn't settle in England, I'm sure I read that his house was burgled, he's declared not good enough for the EPL..

Now doing well again at PSG. 

Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

could be an expensive mistake by PSG goalie

Though the commentators seem more convinced it was genius fro KDB. 

Shanks said no

wow great goal, but wall didn't do its job

(watching with no sound)

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Helped hugely by the wall bottling it. 

as per my edit, Mrs watching Viewpoint so I am having to watch on laptop.

3 minutes ago, mre said:

City making psg look second rate here 😯

And the commentators haven’t even started salivating over Phil (better than the baby Jesus) Foden yet. 

Just now, Tazio said:

And the commentators haven’t even started salivating over Phil (better than the baby Jesus) Foden yet. 

He's had a quiet game. 

Big turnaround. Well done City. 

Though it's not over. 

Joys of different streams and languages, the English commentators were embarrassing. 

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Though it's not over. 

Joys of different streams and languages, the English commentators were embarrassing. 

Imagine the Scottish commentators if it was either of the arse cheeks 🤓

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Though it's not over. 

"Fletch"  is criminal every time. Awful. Just awful to listen to. 

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Shame both can't lose if it's a City Chelsea final.

They’re both losers anyhow.

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

:spoton:

8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Shame both can't lose if it's a City Chelsea final.

Nightmare , even worse if Man U & Arsenal also get to the plate event. 

5 minutes ago, smiler said:

Please do elaborate.

Ok, in ‘my eyes’ they are both losers.

Crap, bought football clubs, are not my thing.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It’s not their fault, or their fans fault. Don’t see how you can class them as ‘crap’. They were both great clubs with history long before they had billionaire owners.

2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Nightmare , even worse if Man U & Arsenal also get to the plate event. 

I used to quite like Man U when Fergie was there but not now.  Horrible bunch although Oli isn't as bad as the owners. Never liked Arsenal especially since leaving Highbury.  

9 hours ago, Morgan said:

the problem is how difficult it is now to organically grow a football club to get to that level without spending lots