English Premier League.

maroonlegions

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Draw fair enough.

City had better chances but the English Celtic fouled their way to a draw.

They really are a filthy club with no redeeming features. From their diving, their fouling and their putrid support, I wish them nothing but misery.

:rofl:

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Randy Marsh
12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Draw fair enough.

City had better chances but the English Celtic fouled their way to a draw.

They really are a filthy club with no redeeming features. From their diving, their fouling and their putrid support, I wish them nothing but misery.

'English Celtic' 🤣  I highly doubt Liverpool fans could give a flying **** about Celtic.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

'English Celtic' 🤣  I highly doubt Liverpool fans could give a flying **** about Celtic.

:fonzie:

The poster's BP must be sky high.

Seymour M Hersh
23 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I wish them nothing but misery.

It looks like the only one in abject misery is you. :rofl::rudi:

Maroon tinted glasses 2

"English Celtic" quotes clearly come from the same section of our support who see us as being the cousins of William and affiliated in some way to rangers.

Absolute mugs

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

"English Celtic" quotes clearly come from the same section of our support who see us as being the cousins of William and affiliated in some way to rangers.

Absolute mugs

I think it's fair enough and have exactly zero love for huns, William, and hunnishness.

I don't see why any Hearts fan would take offence TBH

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Why does everything need to be celticy or hunish? 

It doesn't, but Liverpool are celticy AF!

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It doesn't, but Liverpool are celticy AF!

Why? 

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Why? 

Smug, self satisfied fanbase, scousers and weegies are always telling you how great and funny they are, salt of the earth.  They're both whiney and victimy, and they can both away and **** themselves.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Smug, self satisfied fanbase, scousers and weegies are always telling you how great and funny they are, salt of the earth.  They're both whiney and victimy, and they can both away and **** themselves.

Weegies make Scottish folk look,

(and sound) thick 

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That could be rangers or celtic fans tho. Scousers aren't usually full of bigotry either. 

Different thing comparing weegies to scousers and Liverpool to Celtic as well. 

Your reasoning makes little sense to me, but it obviously does to you! 

Unknown user
21 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That could be rangers or celtic fans tho. Scousers aren't usually full of bigotry either. 

Different thing comparing weegies to scousers and Liverpool to Celtic as well. 

Your reasoning makes little sense to me, but it obviously does to you! 

I don't see Everton or the rangers in the same way although they're also scouse and weegie. The hun are even more vicious and nasty than Celtic, they're more like west ham to me, boorish, arrogant, they love a union jack and abusing a minority. Everton are fairly benign to me, the acceptable face of scousism.

I'm not trying to convince you, but you did ask!

Edited by Smithee

Maroon tinted glasses 2
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I think it's fair enough and have exactly zero love for huns, William, and hunnishness.

I just can't understand the reference other than small minded mentality issues. I know 100s of Liverpool supporters and not one has any links or affiliation to Celtic.

I have season tickets at both Anfield and Tynecastle and see more links to a rangers mentality by some fans at Tynecastle but have never seen any to Celtic at Anfield. 

Maroon tinted glasses 2
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Nope still can't see your point but Hearts do have stronger links to a rangers mentality than Liverpool to Celtic. 

11 minutes ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

Nope still can't see your point but Hearts do have stronger links to a rangers mentality than Liverpool to Celtic. 

I dunno about that. Song-wise, a tiny minority of Hearts followers indulging in "Hullo, Hullo" whereas, apparently, neither Liverpool nor Celtic will ever walk alone. 😉

Maroon tinted glasses 2
23 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I dunno about that. Song-wise, a tiny minority of Hearts followers indulging in "Hullo, Hullo" whereas, apparently, neither Liverpool nor Celtic will ever walk alone. 😉

And maybe if you read the Twirly thread you would see that Hearts fans used to sing YNWA also......so would that make us Scottish Liverpool or Edinburgh Celtic?

13 minutes ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

And maybe if you read the Twirly thread you would see that Hearts fans used to sing YNWA also......so would that make us Scottish Liverpool or Edinburgh Celtic?

I have done, thanks. But, unlike us, these two still indulge and, what is more, argue about whose song it is.

Therefore, to answer your question, neither ... obviously.

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Are Everton fans Celticy, Hunnish? 
Are Partick Thistle fans Whiney and victimy?

Its a little unfair to tar all with the same brush. JMO.

I probably should have read the other posts before posting.

Edited by HeartsandonlyHearts

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Smithee said:

I don't see Everton or the rangers in the same way although they're also scouse and weegie. The hun are even more vicious and nasty than Celtic, they're more like west ham to me, boorish, arrogant, they love a union jack and abusing a minority. Everton are fairly benign to me, the acceptable face of scousism.

I'm not trying to convince you, but you did ask!

I agree with your sentiment, but no idea why Liverpool are celticy Tbh. 

I guess it's a Scottish thing, to compare teams to the OF- us, Killie, Dundee, Airdrie could be hunish, while St Mirren, Hibs plus some others could be celticy. 

Seeing football through The Of gold fish bowl mentality. 

I detest it Tbh. 

I find it a bit sad. 

Unknown user
9 hours ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

I just can't understand the reference other than small minded mentality issues. I know 100s of Liverpool supporters and not one has any links or affiliation to Celtic.

I have season tickets at both Anfield and Tynecastle and see more links to a rangers mentality by some fans at Tynecastle but have never seen any to Celtic at Anfield. 

No one said they have links or affiliation to Liverpool.

I'm saying they remind me of each other, nothing more nothing less.

Unknown user
32 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I agree with your sentiment, but no idea why Liverpool are celticy Tbh. 

I guess it's a Scottish thing, to compare teams to the OF- us, Killie, Dundee, Airdrie could be hunish, while St Mirren, Hibs plus some others could be celticy. 

Seeing football through The Of gold fish bowl mentality. 

I detest it Tbh. 

I find it a bit sad. 

Nope, Liverpool remind me of Celtic and that's that, the rest is in your head not mine.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Nope, Liverpool remind me of Celtic and that's that, the rest is in your head not mine.

It is in my head, but supported by claims such yours, when Hearts fans think that a English team is a bit celticy. 

It's in my head, but claims like that back up my thoughts. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It is in my head, but supported by claims such yours, when Hearts fans think that a English team is a bit celticy. 

It's in my head, but claims like that back up my thoughts. 

Liverpool remind me of Celtic, I honestly don't care if you approve or if you think that must also mean X, Y and Z. 

Nookie Bear
15 hours ago, Tazio said:

Further proof that Alexander-Arnold isn’t a defender. 

He isn't played as a 'normal' defender and is basically a defender/winger which means he will leave gaps at times. Klopp clearly is happy with that balance.

31057-C4-C-E362-4-B10-9-D8-D-0-D9681027-
battered cauliflower & celery sticks…..are  the food of champions at the bridge £7.95 so when you pop down to watch Chelsea and your peckish 

Theme From Sparta F.C.

They're a bit late in pressing the panic button eh!!

They should've done it in January while the transfer window was still open.

Unknown user
On 13/04/2022 at 17:58, Angel eyes said:

battered cauliflower & celery sticks…..are  the food of champions at the bridge £7.95 so when you pop down to watch Chelsea and your peckish 

That's no real!

On 13/04/2022 at 17:58, Angel eyes said:

It's the mugs that buy the stuff that makes them get away with it😄

12th April 1982 Paul Canonville made his debut for Chelsea started stretching & limbering up got absolutely slaughtered with racist remarks called names and told to sit down…….that was from Chelsea fans!!!!!! Even a member of the Chelsea team abused him, but in them days your not allowed to talk about it he got shipped out to Reading…….he’s not allowed to reveal anything in his book Chelsea refused to stock it….Pat Nevin stood up for him and spoke out there’s a bt sports link of an interview but can’t find it.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 10/04/2022 at 13:07, Smithee said:

Liverpool are nothing like Celtic. They're an English club through and through. If you have to choose another nation to associate with them it would be Scotland given how Scots are a huge part of their identity and success. That's why I've always supported them as my English team anyhow.

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Liverpool are nothing like Celtic. They're an English club through and through. If you have to choose another nation to associate with them it would be Scotland given how Scots are a huge part of their identity and success. That's why I've always supported them as my English team anyhow.

I spent 10 years in Holland, my opinion's based on many Sunday afternoons in Amsterdam coffeeshops and bars and my encounters with football fans.

Liverpool and Celtic are by far the smuggest, the most victimy, the most self congratulatory that I've come across, they seem the same to me just with different ridiculous accents.

Edited by Smithee

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Liverpool fans not supporting England has been a thing discussed for a few years now. 

5 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

12th April 1982 Paul Canonville made his debut for Chelsea started stretching & limbering up got absolutely slaughtered with racist remarks called names and told to sit down…….that was from Chelsea fans!!!!!! Even a member of the Chelsea team abused him, but in them days your not allowed to talk about it he got shipped out to Reading…….he’s not allowed to reveal anything in his book Chelsea refused to stock it….Pat Nevin stood up for him and spoke out there’s a bt sports link of an interview but can’t find it.

Longer interviews

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I spent 10 years in Holland, my opinion's based on many Sunday afternoons in Amsterdam coffeeshops and bars and my encounters with football fans.

Liverpool and Celtic are by far the smuggest, the most victimy, the most self congratulatory that I've come across, they seem the same to me just with different ridiculous accents.

Liverpudlians in general are as annoying as Glaswegians in that they all think they're comedians. 

Liverpool the football club though is very different from Celtic. I"m just an armchair Liverpool fan mind you because of their 80s era with all the Scots in the team.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Liverpudlians in general are as annoying as Glaswegians in that they all think they're comedians. 

Liverpool the football club though is very different from Celtic. I"m just an armchair Liverpool fan mind you because of their 80s era with all the Scots in the team.

Aye, never done telling you how great they are, and funny too

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Glory hunting admission? 😄

From my experience with fans of other clubs, they are the most loathed set of supporters in England. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

From my experience with fans of other clubs, they are the most loathed set of supporters in England. 

When I grew up. In those days every kid in Scotland who liked football had an English team, either a well-known one, one they liked the shirt of, or one they had some tenuous link to, like they went there on holiday once. Liverpool was mine simply because of Dalglish. 

20 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

They seem to have a reputation completely at odds with reality.

They were the loveable,  knowledgeable fans in the 70s and 80s when other clubs were demonised.

Ask a non Scouse fan where they hated going most though?

It was Liverpool and Everton. 

Samuel Camazzola
21 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

They seem to have a reputation completely at odds with reality.

They were the loveable,  knowledgeable fans in the 70s and 80s when other clubs were demonised.

Ask a non Scouse fan where they hated going most though?

It was Liverpool and Everton. 

Everton fans seem more tolerable and don't have the cloud of entitlement following them. Both have shockers of accents though! 😄 

26 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Everton fans seem more tolerable and don't have the cloud of entitlement following them. Both have shockers of accents though! 😄 

They don't have the same arrogance certainly. 

They were equally well known for being brutal at home though. 

Edited by Hmfc1965

Fozzyonthefence

Not English Premier League related but FA Cup - can someone explain why the Man City v Liverpool semi is at 15:30 on Saturday and presumably live on tv? Isn’t this against British broadcasting rules?  Or was the date / kick off time wrong on Skybet?  I’m sure out game tomorrow (today) had to be finished by 14:45 as no live football was allowed to interfere with the 15:00 kick offs on a Saturday?

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not English Premier League related but FA Cup - can someone explain why the Man City v Liverpool semi is at 15:30 on Saturday and presumably live on tv? Isn’t this against British broadcasting rules?  Or was the date / kick off time wrong on Skybet?  I’m sure out game tomorrow (today) had to be finished by 14:45 as no live football was allowed to interfere with the 15:00 kick offs on a Saturday?

Think it is to do with travel arrangements for the fans over the bank holidays.

Lack of late trains,tube works and station works makes it even harder than usual to get back north after the match.

Fozzyonthefence
5 hours ago, benny said:

Think it is to do with travel arrangements for the fans over the bank holidays.

Lack of late trains,tube works and station works makes it even harder than usual to get back north after the match.

👍 I thought there weren’t any trains for them though?