English Premier League.

maroonlegions

John Findlay
22 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Roy Kean throws a stroppy.  Mica Richards in hysterics.

The one thing that annoys me about Roy Keane. Is his go two players, to always harangue Man Utd with are Fred and Scott McTominay.

He never appears to harangue Paul Pogba or Bruno H(F)ernandez.

I would argue all day long with him that the latter two have done far less this season for the team than the former two.

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watt-Zeefuik

My sentiments exactly:

If this happens, Chelsea can go ahead and weld the trophy cabinet shut, they won't be needing to open it to add anything anytime soon.

Rick Sanchez

Nathan Patterson hauled off at half time against Boreham Wood and nowhere tonight. 

Must have had a few harsh words. I did think it was too big a step.

11 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Nathan Patterson hauled off at half time against Boreham Wood and nowhere tonight. 

Must have had a few harsh words. I did think it was too big a step.

What’s ridiculous is Rangers got £16 million for him! The money down there is out of control, 16 million quid on a player who might eventually make it but no big deal if he doesn’t.

🤣🤣🤣 Everton are horrific

They will probably just survive but it would be hilarious if they went down. Sure only Arsenal have been in the top flight longer.

Edited by neilnunb

Everton on the road to relegation.   They have some tough fixtures coming up after this hammering from Tottenham.    I thought they should get a point tonight to ease the pressure but it's went wrong.   Tottenham seemed vulnerable after some shit results but have bounced back strongly. 

Uh?   Surely Gordon was fouled there.   Looked a prank when you push someone  over the guy ducking down behind 🤣    Crazy. 

Tommy Brown
27 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

What’s ridiculous is Rangers got £16 million for him! The money down there is out of control, 16 million quid on a player who might eventually make it but no big deal if he doesn’t.

Did they?

I have my doubts.

Tommy Brown

I don't see Norwich or Watford surviving. 

So, Everton, Leeds or Burnley.

Think the rest have enough.

Ted Lasso might change things at Leeds, tough gig with low confidence.

Everton have enough good players but they have not been in this position before. Burnley are a mentally tough outfit.

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Going by what was reported?

I know, but was it just by Rangers orientated press.

eg off the radar wealth reporting.

I think the truth will be a whole lot lower up front, structured on appearances and reaching £16m when they win the ECL.

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

I know, but was it just by Rangers orientated press.

eg off the radar wealth reporting.

I think the truth will be a whole lot lower up front, structured on appearances and reaching £16m when they win the ECL.

Will show in Rangers accounts if they’ve made it up I would imagine? Would be good if your right they’re finances look entirely dependant on winning the league this year.

First half 3-0 Tottenham.

Well I can't see a come-back now.   One minute into second half and it's 4-0. 

6 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

First half 3-0 Tottenham.

Well I can't see a come-back now.   One minute into second half and it's 4-0. 

🤣

I've switched over to the FA Cup tie but hopefully by the time I switch back over it's 6 or 7. 

Their goal difference taking a hammering tonight 😁

132goals1958

Matt Doherty playing in a star studded Spurs side. Wonder if ever casts his back almost 10 years when he picked up a losers medal and must have thought WTF did I let myself in for.

SectionDJambo
14 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Matt Doherty playing in a star studded Spurs side. Wonder if ever casts his back almost 10 years when he picked up a losers medal and must have thought WTF did I let myself in for.

I wish somebody would shout over to him, “here’s Andy Driver coming up the wing”

A fair bit of panic might be the result.

10 hours ago, neilnunb said:

🤣🤣🤣 Frank Lampard's Everton are horrific

They will probably just survive but it would be hilarious if they went down. Sure only Arsenal have been in the top flight longer.

FTFY

John Findlay

Everton have never been relegated..................yet.

Used to be able to say that about Hearts too until 1977, I wouldn't be surprised if they did go down.

I'm old enough to remember both Man Utd and Spurs being relegated from the English top flight.

Nookie Bear

I like Lampard but he doesn’t convince me as a Head Coach. 

And buying Van de Beek and Delle Ali was stupidity tbh

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Everton have never been relegated..................yet.

Used to be able to say that about Hearts too until 1977, I wouldn't be surprised if they did go down.

I'm old enough to remember both Man Utd and Spurs being relegated from the English top flight.

Everton were relegated in 1950/51 season. I think the only team you could say have not been relegated is arsenal and that is one of those quirks as their last relegation they were Woolwich arsenal in I think 1913

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I like Lampard but he doesn’t convince me as a Head Coach. 

And buying Van de Beek and Delle Ali was stupidity tbh

Van Der beek is on loan I think. Alii was a stupid move

Everton are on a serious downward spiral.  They had 13 points after 6 games and were sitting in 5th.  They've picked up 9 points in 19 games since then, by far the worst run of form in the league.

They look like what they are, a disjointed group of players who have been flung together at enormous expense.  They don't strike me as a team that has the heart to dig in to try and beat the drop, unlike Burnley who are accustomed to having to dig themselves out of trouble.

J.T.F.Robertson
9 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Van Der beek is on loan I think. Alii was a stupid move

The last thing a team in a relegation battle needs is a player like the one Delle Ali has morphed into. He lost interest 2 or 3 years ago.

40 million too, I think. 😨

A really telling thing about the Everton team showed up for me last night. Mason Holgate booted the ball attempting a clearance and it hit Michael Keane square in the chops and he went down like a sack of shit. Holgate didn’t even check if he was ok and wandered off. When your centre half’s have so little regard for each other they don’t care if the other is injured there can’t be much team spirit. 
Though of course there is the factor Holgate is a shithouse of a player. 

4 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

The last thing a team in a relegation battle needs is a player like the one Delle Ali has morphed into. He lost interest 2 or 3 years ago.

40 million too, I think. 😨

I think that is maybe the maximum possible depending on performances.  It's an initial free with 10m after 20 appearances (i.e. next season).  

Aside from wages (and your valid point about Alli in a relegation battle) it's not really a bad deal. 

Seymour M Hersh
On 08/03/2022 at 09:19, milky_26 said:

Everton were relegated in 1950/51 season. I think the only team you could say have not been relegated is arsenal and that is one of those quirks as their last relegation they were Woolwich arsenal in I think 1913

And 29/30. 

Seymour M Hersh

Everton risk a Premier League points DEDUCTION as they teeter on the brink of breaking profit and sustainability rules after recording combined losses of over £260m between 2017 and 2020 - £155m more than is allowed over a three-year period

Headline in the Daily Mail. 

I shouldn't laugh as they are my English team but Norwich really are absolutely hopeless. A goal difference of -44 ffs 🤣😭😐

Although I blame Farke for their situation, Smith was such a useless appointment. 🤣

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Liverpool ahead. Diaz cleared out by keeper in process 

Unbelievable that they’ve not sent the ref to the monitor, not even a booking for slapping the guy in the face and kicking him in the midriff. Mike Dean is a poor ref and like a few others should be retiring. 

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unbelievable that they’ve not sent the ref to the monitor, not even a booking for slapping the guy in the face and kicking him in the midriff. Mike Dean is a poor ref and like a few others should be retiring. 

It's shocking that the keeper is still on the park. He was nowhere near the ball and "clothes lined" Diaz in the process.  He didn't even get a yellow.

17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It's shocking that the keeper is still on the park. He was nowhere near the ball and "clothes lined" Diaz in the process.  He didn't even get a yellow.

Var not used for yellow cards.

Footballfirst
Just now, benny said:

Mike Dean should have given at least a yellow card for the initial challenge, before VAR got involved.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Definitely.
I get the feeling they are reluctant to ask some refs to retire since the laws on ageism were brought into play and Dermot Gallagher got an extra year at 48. 
Dean is fit as a fiddle but his decisions are not up to modern rules I think. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, benny said:

It should’ve been a red at the time without VAR, it can be used to rescind a yellow to make it up to a red or send the ref to the monitor and he can give a yellow if he feels it wasn’t a red. So not strictly true. It was an awful challenge. 

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Mike Dean should have given at least a yellow card for the initial challenge, before VAR got involved.

I thought it was a sending off because Dean missed it the only decision var could have changed was to a sending off.

To think they never even asked for Dean to have a look beggers belief.

Just now, Tazio said:

Proof in the Chelsea Newcastle game why VAR isn’t a cure all. Newcastle penalty denied then you see the replay and…

Quite a feisty game.  Enjoying it.

Everton losing again 😁

I don't know if any of u watch English football on hesgoals but hesgoals have decided to stop showing all the English league games out of respect to the sports channels like sky.If u go on hesgoals & scroll down to the bottom it will explain everything. 

Malinga the Swinga

Good result for Everton. Only lost 1-0 which is improvement for them. Would be highly amusing if they go down.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good result for Everton. Only lost 1-0 which is improvement for them. Would be highly amusing if they go down.

Likley means Simms will be needed by them  tho.