• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Come on Leeds!

Only EPL team I look out for the results of. Great fans.

Like most normal football clubs, get behind their team and don't hound and boo them off the park even when they go 2 down.

😜

14 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Come on Leeds!

Only EPL team I look out for the results of. Great fans.

Great fans that just hit Man Utd players with coins. 

11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Many would say Leeds have more than their fair share. 

Man United have their fair share, I have had the misfortune to experience it, along with Millwall, Portsmouth, Leeds, Liverpool, Bristol City, Southampton, to name a few.

I meant to post it yesterday but what the hell is going on with the staggered LED advertising hoardings at Man City? Arranged to give the impression of massively high ones that on camera are taller than players. 

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

I meant to post it yesterday but what the hell is going on with the staggered LED advertising hoardings at Man City? Arranged to give the impression of massively high ones that on camera are taller than players. 

Took the 3 extra rows of seating they put in a few years back for this.

To be fair i have never noticed it at a match.

More than likely to now that you mentioned it.😄

19 minutes ago, benny said:

Took the 3 extra rows of seating they put in a few years back for this.

To be fair i have never noticed it at a match.

More than likely to now that you mentioned it.😄

They are very much set up to work with the specific camera angles so probably not as noticeable at the game but most people won’t clearly make out any lettering that spans both displays. 

Serious people are saying Abramovich, despite his extensive support for Jewish and Holocaust charities should be sanctioned for being close to Putin. 

Edited by Mikey1874

ColinSmith1255
On 20/02/2022 at 15:51, jonesy said:

Possibly true. Not many tourists at Elland Road (compared to the London and Manchester clubs), so a more raucous crowd than the EPL is used to these days. Been a few times, and while the language was industrial, the fans were well-behaved inside and outside the ground and didn't see any donations to the opposition players' pension scheme being offered.

Elland Road was really dodgy when I was watching Newcastle in the 90’s

Bazzas right boot
On 22/02/2022 at 19:34, ColinSmith1255 said:

Elland Road was really dodgy when I was watching Newcastle in the 90’s

Probably because Leeds play there m8. 

😁

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Bloody Spurs eh.  Win at Man City then lose at Burnley 🤣

Where’s Kane when you need him?:laugh:

I got swiftly dismissed on this thread for suggesting Leeds would be in a relegation battle this year. They most certainly are in one imo.

Edit: just looked at the table. -27 goal difference 😂😂

Edited by Taffin

23 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Leeds and Brentford getting twitchy arseholes after that Burnley win.

What looked like any 3 from 4 a couple of weeks ago, now any 3 from 7.

Pasquale for King

Spursedit, Conte made a huge  mistake going there and it was never going to work. Best he leaves now as there will be big jobs on offer this summer. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, King prawn said:

Triple captained Salah in the fantasy football :pleasing:i bet every other player did as well mind … 

Yip, thought I was being clever then noticed 3 others in my 7 team league  did it too 😆

9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Leeds and Brentford getting twitchy arseholes after that Burnley win.

Brentford in freefall after teams figured out how to play them

Leeds really are in trouble. 2-0 down to Spurs at home after 15 minutes. 
They just don’t have the squad to cope with the long terms injuries they have. I’d imagine once the missing players are back they’ll have enough to avoid relegation. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Leeds really are in trouble. 2-0 down to Spurs at home after 15 minutes. 
They just don’t have the squad to cope with the long terms injuries they have. I’d imagine once the missing players are back they’ll have enough to avoid relegation. 

Schoolboy tackling from Leeds on many ocassions. 

Like the look of Kulusevski. Made a good start to his time at Spurs. 

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Schoolboy tackling from Leeds on many ocassions. 

Like the look of Kulusevski. Made a good start to his time at Spurs. 

He seems much more effective than I’d expected. Plays on the wrong side and looks like he has no pace but seems to get the job done. Bentancour looks very classy though. Shame he’s injured.  

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

You can talk about injuries all you like, Bielsa is absolutely clueless 😂

i would disagree slightly, i would say more he has a plan A only and sticks with it rigidly when quite clearly just now he needs to tighten up at the back and maybe play more for a draw/1-0 wins

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He seems much more effective than I’d expected. Plays on the wrong side and looks like he has no pace but seems to get the job done. Bentancour looks very classy though. Shame he’s injured.  

Some finish from Kane.  Funny you mentioned Kulusevski and pace. 

He’s deceptively fast.  I thought this during the win v Man City.  Got first to a lot of the balls played behind on the counter attack when you thought he was getting caught. 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Some finish from Kane.  Funny you mentioned Kulusevski and pace. 

He’s deceptively fast.  I thought this during the win v Man City.  Got first to a lot of the balls played behind on the counter attack when you thought he was getting caught. 

Maybe he’s got Berbatov style pace. He was always accused of being slow but he always pulled always from defenders when he had to. 

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i would disagree slightly, i would say more he has a plan A only and sticks with it rigidly when quite clearly just now he needs to tighten up at the back and maybe play more for a draw/1-0 wins

I’m exaggerating obviously but he is sticking with a plan that is failing and seems to have no idea how to change. 

Like Robbie on a bucket 😁

Just now, Tazio said:

Maybe he’s got Berbatov style pace. He was always accused of being slow but he always pulled always from defenders when he had to. 

Aye. Good example. 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

They can’t go on like this. The manager will savage their confidence. 

It’s a tricky one as it’s him that’s given them the confidence and attitude to play the way they do with no fear. Even when they’re getting pumped they just keep going at you. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

It’s a tricky one as it’s him that’s given them the confidence and attitude to play the way they do with no fear. Even when they’re getting pumped they just keep going at you. 

Aye. They’ve got spirit, no doubt about that.  

Even now they are still having a go but the doubt must be there before games wondering how many they’ll concede?

Not a good thing to be in your mind.  

Edited by Debut 4

Pasquale for King

Not the biggest fan of Spurs but it’s been a good game to watch, love Leeds press but they’re so bad at the back. Do you need great defenders to press like this?
Interesting watching Spurs play the same system we do and how they get 11 men behind the ball, but attack really well on the break and continually shoot when the chance arises.