English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Tazio said:

Letter of the law it’s a foul. Though he does feel the hand and launches himself to make sure the ref spots it. 

Thiago Silva knew what he was doing - not a foul for me. Good goal chalked off

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Thiago Silva knew what he was doing - not a foul for me. Good goal chalked off

Totally knew what he was doing but was clever and exploited the way contact in the box works now. 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Tazio said:

Totally knew what he was doing but was clever and exploited the way contact in the box works now. 

The officials should be wise to things like that now

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Taffin said:

Roy Keane spot on. Foul.

That wouldn't have been the answer from Roy Keane the player

Barely touched him and he's thrown himself to the ground

Maroon Sailor

Not sure why Lloris is not sticking his arm up for that looking at it from behind the goal

Edited by Maroon Sailor

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Not sure why Lloris is not sticking his arm up for that looking at it from behind the goal

I’m guessing he thought it was going over or past the post. I did.

Great finish.

Maroon Sailor

Sessegnon has been a disappointment since he's been at Spurs.

Looked like the next best thing when at Fulham 

Not really happened for him at Spurs

Fort Vallance

Nothing to do with the standard of the refereeing. But the ref walked off at half time, engaged with the players in conversation.  Obviously trying to explain his position. Rightly or wrongly at least he spoke to Kane etc. The officials we've got would be waving them away, arrogant as fk. 

Malinga the Swinga
17 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Nothing to do with the standard of the refereeing. But the ref walked off at half time, engaged with the players in conversation.  Obviously trying to explain his position. Rightly or wrongly at least he spoke to Kane etc. The officials we've got would be waving them away, arrogant as fk. 

Not trying to explain, trying to justify how he got it wrong, even with the benefit of VAR.

English officials as bad as Scottish ones. Swap Man Utd and Liverpool for Celtic and Rangers and you wouldn't be far off mark.

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not trying to explain, trying to justify how he got it wrong, even with the benefit of VAR.

English officials as bad as Scottish ones. Swap Man Utd and Liverpool for Celtic and Rangers and you wouldn't be far off mark.

Like I said, the decisions might be right or wrong. But the attitude of the officials towards the players is night and day. Can you imagine Walsh, Dallas, Clancy etc. explaining their decisions as they walked off ? They would be standing in the circle waving them away, don't dare question my decision.

18 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Jota walks into the keeper.   Conclusion from referee after reviewing the video replay - Penalty.    What an absolute shit show.   

I thought the referees in Scotland were bad but Kevin Friend took it to another level yesterday. Think Liverpool deserved the win after their first half performance but the officiating in second half was shocking.

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, EagleJambo said:

I thought the referees in Scotland were bad but Kevin Friend took it to another level yesterday. Think Liverpool deserved the win after their first half performance but the officiating in second half was shocking.

As a Liverpool sympathiser, I thought your fans had every right to be singing what they did, there were questionable decisions all through the game and that penalty was a shocker, I felt Palace played very well and were unlucky not to get something from the game, the direction they're heading in is encouraging for Palace fans for sure, they play some crack stuff and Olise is a special talent. 

Just looking at the MotD analysis I'm surprised guys like Micah Richards don't know the process. If VAR tells referee to look at an incident it means in this case the VAR official is saying it's a penalty. Then the referee can over rule that. If not then its VAR that has given the decision. 

At least offside isn't a problem this season. 

Maroon Sailor

Seem to be getting away from a clear and obvious errors.

That decision should have stayed on the pitch not some fecker sitting in a room desperate for the ref to change his mind.

If anything the clear and obvious error was made by the red scouse sympathiser  ....... err official in charge of the technology.

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

As a Liverpool sympathiser, I thought your fans had every right to be singing what they did, there were questionable decisions all through the game and that penalty was a shocker, I felt Palace played very well and were unlucky not to get something from the game, the direction they're heading in is encouraging for Palace fans for sure, they play some crack stuff and Olise is a special talent. 

Agreed. Have really enjoyed the games this season - even yesterday when we were behind. The football this season is so  much better than recent years under Hodgson. Just got tickets for Brentford away in a couple of weeks - looking forward to going there and the game.

4 hours ago, EagleJambo said:

Wilfried Zaha would have stayed on his feet...

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Seem to be getting away from a clear and obvious errors.

That decision should have stayed on the pitch not some fecker sitting in a room desperate for the ref to change his mind.

If anything the clear and obvious error was made by the red scouse sympathiser  ....... err official in charge of the technology.

Going back a while now, but when the VAR suggestion came up in reference to Scottish Football, there a couple of comments on here as to '...if it's used properly, like in Germany.' I should have asked at the time but can anyone clarify if/how Germany use VAR better than the EPL?

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Going back a while now, but when the VAR suggestion came up in reference to Scottish Football, there a couple of comments on here as to '...if it's used properly, like in Germany.' I should have asked at the time but can anyone clarify if/how Germany use VAR better than the EPL?

Germans just seem to be better at technology

vorsprung durch technik - and all that

VAR in Scotland would just be a farce. Celtic and Rangers players will be initiating contact in the penalty area more than ever.

There's contact etc ......

9 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Germans just seem to be better at technology

vorsprung durch technik - and all that

VAR in Scotland would just be a farce. Celtic and Rangers players will be initiating contact in the penalty area more than ever.

There's contact etc ......

Aye... it's only going to be as good as those at the GFA operating it!... but I find the 'clear and obvious' part a bit odd... just wondered if the German's had a better/fairer way compared to England, that I'd missed. 🤷‍♂️

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

They probably don’t.
There was a major stooshie during and after the last Dortmund v Bayern game because the referee chose to look at a potential penalty for Bayern, which he gave, and to not bother for a fairly strong claim for Dortmund.

However, the English referees seem to have made the use of VAR more controversial than just missing decisions live, as before VAR.

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

They probably don’t.
There was a major stooshie during and after the last Dortmund v Bayern game because the referee chose to look at a potential penalty for Bayern, which he gave, and to not bother for a fairly strong claim for Dortmund.

However, the English referees seem to have made the use of VAR more controversial than just missing decisions live, as before VAR.

👍

The Real Maroonblood
On 21/01/2022 at 08:49, Malinga the Swinga said:

Chelsea v filth in final. Don't like either but someone has to win.

:facepalm:

You just can’t help yourself.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Ranieiri sacked after 3 months. They are a bonkers club. Strange appointments all the time

Norwich seen off two managers in a week 🤣

How are Watford going to attract any manager of any kind of pedigree if they act in this manner?

What a bunch of pricks they have running that club.

2 hours ago, Cade said:

How are Watford going to attract any manager of any kind of pedigree if they act in this manner?

Roy hodgson set to take over. Probably been lined up for days 

SectionDJambo
11 hours ago, Cade said:

Easy money for the managers. In they go on big contracts, then walk away a few montns later with huge compensation.

Ranieri is no mug. He'd have known it would be a short but lucrative gig. Then back to Italy to the sunshine.

10 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Roy hodgson set to take over. Probably been lined up for days 

This will be his last job no doubt 74yo, I can't see him turning them around and beating the drop, I wouldn't be surprised if he is sacked before the end of the season. Seems to be a bit of a joke how many managers Watford have had in the last 10 years. 

Fat Sam would of been an ideal choice for them if they wanted to stay in the premier league. Surprised he isn't managing.

HeartsandonlyHearts
37 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Watford

15 managers in 10 years !

FFS

So Vlads not still in Russia then….

Allison sent off for 2nd time but again rescinded.

2 penalties for Ecuador cancelled.

20 minutes of VAR checks in game. Dani Alves back in at 38. 

I blame the altitude. Brazil retain their unbeaten record in qualifiers now 31 games. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

For any young prospective managers looking in, just take the first job that comes to you and take in some loans from a club which liked you as a player

10 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

For any young prospective managers looking in, just take the first job that comes to you and take in some loans from a club which liked you as a player

I don't think he'll get Mason Mount this time.