St Mirren player tests positive for Covid - Zlamal signs on loan

Jamie86

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

You think being at war with everyone  is sustainable? You think it will do us any favours off the pitch or on it? It won’t.. 

so spell it out to me. Why do we benefit having good ongoing relationships with the clubs who voted to demote us? 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Deevers

• Nookie Bear

23 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Maybe but things don't move on from "Only Hearts" to "right you are St Mirren" within weeks!

The club's credibility amongst it's own fans has been jeopardised with this.

By the same token, I was a little surprised we played them in a closed door friendly.  Why them?

I agree with those who opine that it shows magnanimity and - who knows - might prove useful in the long run (not entirely sure just how) but us getting the SPFL out of a hole really does stick in the craw.

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

If we had said "no", what were the SPFL going to do? 

we could easily have used worries about the players health and the broader risk to the team from Covid as a very valid reason to tell them to bolt. 

41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

By refusing to postpone the game the SPFL forced the issue on hearts and st.mirren. If we hadn’t been asked by both we wouldn’t have offered is what I’m saying. 

You're pitching this as if we didn't have any say in whether we loan our players, or not. 

Not the case. 

2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

we could easily have used worries about the players health and the broader risk to the team from Covid as a very valid reason to tell them to bolt. 

Exactly. 

24 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

so spell it out to me. Why do we benefit having good ongoing relationships with the clubs who voted to demote us? 

I suspect this is less about building a relationship with St Mirren  and more about trying to not be a pariah. We want a voice at the league table, and we don’t want to give refs any excuses more than they already have to shaft us

it’s too soon for me .. 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I suspect this is less about building a relationship with St Mirren  and more about trying to not be a pariah. We want a voice at the league table, and we don’t want to give refs any excuses more than they already have to shaft us

it’s too soon for me .. 

Aye maybe. The sceptic in me thinks that having a voice, if your club isn’t rangers or Celtic is a complete waste of time. Refs will **** us over regardless and trying to make friends with these wanks is a waste of time. They’ll **** us over the next time they get a chance as well. Should we just continuously try to build bridges regardless of how many times they shaft us? Or when is enough actually enough and we only do things that directly benefit us?

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I believe they probably did and we agreed. 

Reached out for our help? You do realise the difference between reaching out to try and make amends, and reaching out for a handout, aye?

57 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Revenge is a dish best served cold. It's about picking your time and we had nothing to gain or lose from this. Be patient - as with all enemy clubs our position will become clear when it really matters, unlike today.

1 minute ago, henryheart said:

Revenge is a dish best served cold. It's about picking your time and we had nothing to gain or lose from this. Be patient - as with all enemy clubs our position will become clear when it really matters, unlike today.

I’ve no way of proving or disproving what you say. I admire your optimism though. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

You think being at war with everyone  is sustainable? You think it will do us any favours off the pitch or on it? It won’t.. 

You think St Mirren as a club will give a flying  **** that  we leant them a player in their time of need in a fortnighs time ? They won't ...

Simple fact is that the club has shit in its own nest in doing this. Unnecessary and really silly. Why we are doing the SPFL s bidding is utterly unbelievable. St Mirren should have been left without a keeper and the SPFL would have been forced to call off the games. No matter what  Celtic wanted.  Two aspects to this helping St Cheeting and helping the SPFL out of a hole if their own making.  Two organisations that thought nothing of shitting on us.

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Simple fact is that the club has shit in its own nest in doing this. Unnecessary and really silly. Why we are doing the SPFL s bidding is utterly unbelievable. St Mirren should have been left without a keeper and the SPFL would have been forced to call off the games. No matter what  Celtic wanted.  Two aspects to this helping St Cheeting and helping the SPFL out of a hole if their own making.  Two organisations that thought nothing of shitting on us.

St Mirren would have had to play an outfield player in goal. It wouldn't have been postponed. 

I, like many others, wasn’t happy about this when it happened.

But maybe it will change the narrative against us for little cost. We are never going to win by not picking our fights. We can’t go on for years with no positive thought towards Hearts, or we are going to lose out a lot more in the future.

It would have been better, though, had St Mirren, and their fans, not been having constant digs at us over the summer, the latest being only this week. Time will tell if we continue to be the whipping boys for the likes of St Mirren and the Scottish media. If we do, then it would certainly be wise that Hearts pointed out the hostility towards us when the next favour is asked of us.

Incidentaly, will we get rental money from the SFA for the Under 21international match at Tynecastle? No reason why not, so maybe a wee bit protection of future income there?

I know. I’m clutching at straws and trying to be positive about an annoyingly bad situation.

10 minutes ago, henryheart said:

We had the perfect opportunity to potentially screw 3 Premiership matches by a simple 'No'.

That seems like a decent bit of revenge in my book. As well as telling the SFA to ram their request to use Tynecastle for U21 games.

Of course, our soft as shite board would never do anything like that though. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

St Mirren would have had to play an outfield player in goal. It wouldn't have been postponed. 

And in a way it would have suitably summed up the tin pot leadership Scottish football has.............reap what you sew and all that........

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Well actually tough. It would ha e shown up the SPFL for the inept corrupt organisation that it actually is. No way would they have allowed that to happen if either of the Old Filth were in that position. High time we all stopped making it easy for them.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

You thinkg  being 'friends' makes any difference 😂😂

MarkDevriesScores4

The one thing that has come to light however is if Celtic or Rangers now have Covid cases this season, the games must go ahead regardless. Otherwise the SPFL will have shown favouritism again. Celtic and Aberdeen have already been given a get out of jail card each this season. That can’t happen again.

4 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

The one thing that has come to light however is if Celtic or Rangers now have Covid cases this season, the games must go ahead regardless. Otherwise the SPFL will have shown favouritism again. Celtic and Aberdeen have already been given a get out of jail card each this season. That can’t happen again.

It’s happened once and the tone has been set for them. If you think they would not be treated differently from everyone else then you are daft. The organisation and its make up is now totally there for their benefit. High time the dullards that infest the boards of all the other clubs realised this.

Edited by Deevers

5 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Almost certain if it had been Celtic, the game would have been called off.

11 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We had the perfect opportunity to potentially screw 3 Premiership matches by a simple 'No'.

That seems like a decent bit of revenge in my book. As well as telling the SFA to ram their request to use Tynecastle for U21 games.

Of course, our soft as shite board would never do anything like that though. 

Why  wouldn’t we want  U21 games at our ground, we moaned for years that we didn’t get enough of these matches. People going OTT about this loan deal. I hate st midden as anyone else but we can’t just continually fight the whole of scottish fitba, there is only one winner. What we can do is get our act together on the pitch and get back to where we should be and give all these shitey wee clubs what they deserve

1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

Of course it would. Only the really stupid think that they would have been treated like everyone else.

14 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Well actually tough. It would ha e shown up the SPFL for the inept corrupt organisation that it actually is. No way would they have allowed that to happen if either of the Old Filth were in that position. High time we all stopped making it easy for them.

I’m not concerned at that just pointing out it wouldn’t have been postponed. 

18 minutes ago, gedster said:

And in a way it would have suitably summed up the tin pot leadership Scottish football has.............reap what you sew and all that........

They want all games to go ahead if at all possible. 

Just now, OldGorgie said:

It’s funny when it’s not happening to us!... wonder if it will ever sink in to those teams. There is the uglies - and then there is everyone else. 
Genuinely glad not to be a part of the shit show that is the Premier (OF) League for a season. Let’s just sit back and laugh at all the other pathetic tinpot clubs that thought it was clever to side with shellick/spfl over the last few months. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m not concerned at that just pointing out it wouldn’t have been postponed. 

Exactly Dave.  I’m just fed up of folk trying to make out that on some way the SPFL operate in a fair and equitable manner. Had it been Celtic that position it would have been.

Edited by Deevers

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

It’s funny when it’s not happening to us!... wonder if it will ever sink in to those teams. There is the uglies - and then there is everyone else. 
Genuinely glad not to be a part of the shit show that is the Premier (OF) League for a season. Let’s just sit back and laugh at all the other pathetic tinpot clubs that thought it was clever to side with shellick/spfl over the last few months. 

Will it even have the opportunity to happen to us? There's no testing in the Championship.

Just now, davemclaren said:

They want all games to go ahead if at all possible. 

Indeed, but overseeing a farce.........an outfield player in goals whilst other games have been postponed....... even the knuckleheads at SPFL couldn't recover from that

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Will it even have the opportunity to happen to us? There's no testing in the Championship.

None in the Betfred either?

4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

None in the Betfred either?

As far as I'm aware, no team in the lower divisions need to test this season, whatever the tournament.

It'd be pointless testing part timers on a Tuesday, when they have to work for days then a game on the Saturday.

As pointless as testing the refs.

23 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I was more referring to the treatment the OF get compared to everyone else, double-standards etc. but you’re right, we may not get the opportunity. If fans aren’t getting into grounds this year, I’ll doubt we even kick off. The tinpots in the lower leagues can’t afford to play BCD... so yet again, we’ll be punished (and the other handful of ‘professional’ clubs. )

Maybe just me, but I get really fed up of folk thinking that there is nothing that can be done about the abject corruption at the heart of the game here. It takes clubs to rise up and take these people on.  Sitting.back and accepting the shit should just not be an option. The clubs that make up the SPFL really need to waken up.

7 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Maybe just me, but I get really fed up of folk thinking that there is nothing that can be done about the abject corruption at the heart of the game here. It takes clubs to rise up and take these people on.  Sitting.back and accepting the shit should just not be an option. The clubs that make up the SPFL really need to waken up.

It’ll never happen because the tinpot clubs of the SPFL rely on the uglies for income. We don’t and that’s the difference. Aberdeen maybe as well but Hibs are basically a  Celtic tribute act and go along with anything Smeltic say.

Edited by OldGorgie

v0CE-CIs_x96.jpg

It’s been hilarious to see and hear so many people as now suddenly concerned with the sporting validity of the SPFL

Face with tears of joy

Face with tears of joy

Face with tears of joy
Quote Tweet

oIgKO-Tj_normal.jpg

Jamie Langfield

@jamlang22
· 2h
Thank you to Bobby for stepping up to the plate and bailing us out. If he hadn’t it would have been me or an outfielder in goals today and that totally dilutes the top league in our country in my eyes.
Show this thread

54 minutes ago, gedster said:

Indeed, but overseeing a farce.........an outfield player in goals whilst other games have been postponed....... even the knuckleheads at SPFL couldn't recover from that

I'm not quite sure what there is to recover from? Games have gone ahead in the past when there was no other goalkeeper available and an outfield player has had to stand in. We had to play at Aberdeen with Ian Baird in goal for the whole 90 minutes. We were a victim of circumstances, we certainly didn't make a fuss and it was not ideal, but the game wasn't a farce, we lost 3-2 and it was hardly the end of the world.  

Just now, henryheart said:

I'm not quite sure what there is to recover from? Games have gone ahead in the past when there was no other goalkeeper available and an outfield player has had to stand in. We had to play at Aberdeen with Ian Baird in goal for the whole 90 minutes. We were a victim of circumstances, we certainly didn't make a fuss and it was not ideal, but the game wasn't a farce, we lost 3-2 and it was hardly the end of the world.  

As you well know unless you're too young........Baird circumstances were on match day, not day before........apples/pears etc

Diabolical decision, no excuses, helping out that pointless nonentity of a club is unforgivable.

shame on you Budge you’re so out of touch with the fans who plough their hard earned into the club it’s pathetic.