St Mirren player tests positive for Covid - Zlamal signs on loan

Jamie86

19 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

See Goodwin is calling out the SPFL as a joke league in the papers today.  The same Goodwin that basically said take your medicine to us when we were being summarily dismissed from the league.  Well dry your eyes mate and suck it up.  The SPFL was a joke league long before you got on the wrong end of their madness.

Sure it was Goodwin who said he didn't want recon as the league set up is great and the best it has been for years or words to that effect.

Don't worry that the recon was more to do with a positive move to allow promotion but not punish anyone. Don't even worry that that opinion us as large a stinking pile of dugshite as is possible to imagine. Aye great product. Brilliant. Guys like him drag our game so far down. The only time we should deal with him is if they manage to produce a player worthy of us and we tell him he's going to be ours.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Deevers

• Nookie Bear

I will say this again, why will we still have an FOH Board and a Club Board of Directors after FOH officially takes over the club. I fully understand the need for separate boards for the past 6 years, but going forward? Surely only having the Club board like they do in Germany and Barcelona makes the system more streamlined, one point of contact etc. I have in the past put this to Stuart Wallace but never received a reply. On another occasion on here Dave Mac replied that it could be problematic when it came to voting issues as not all shareholders are FOH members. I'm sure it is not beyond the wit of man to get round that issue, albeit a valid one. I am not trying to get at anyone , but I genuinely do not see the need to continue as at present.  

One day on, the dust has had a chance to settle and my thoughts have not changed. The club made a shite decision that should never have been made. Arseholes.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Sure it was Goodwin who said he didn't want recon as the league set up is great and the best it has been for years or words to that effect.

Don't worry that the recon was more to do with a positive move to allow promotion but not punish anyone. Don't even worry that that opinion us as large a stinking pile of dugshite as is possible to imagine. Aye great product. Brilliant. Guys like him drag our game so far down. The only time we should deal with him is if they manage to produce a player worthy of us and we tell him he's going to be ours.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/jim-goodwin-has-sympathy-hearts-st-mirren-boss-says-league-reconstruction-should-not-be-done-just-save-jambos-2856007%3famp

“It’s unfortunate but this is where we’re at. The guys at the top of the SPFL have got to make those difficult decisions and when you’ve got 42 member clubs, it sometimes can be difficult.

“But we had the vote a little while back and it was a resounding majority who voted to finish the leagues as they were.”

2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/jim-goodwin-has-sympathy-hearts-st-mirren-boss-says-league-reconstruction-should-not-be-done-just-save-jambos-2856007%3famp

“It’s unfortunate but this is where we’re at. The guys at the top of the SPFL have got to make those difficult decisions and when you’ve got 42 member clubs, it sometimes can be difficult.

“But we had the vote a little while back and it was a resounding majority who voted to finish the leagues as they were.”

Resounding majority of clubs who were unaffected. Oh yeh. Fair vote. Oh and one who was got at having voted no, anfmd God knows how many more told their vote didn't matter like Aberdeen were.

Oh aye Jim. Aye? That vote.

Aw I'm still so angry about it.

You know what, I was a bit in the fence about the loan, but EFF THAT. I'm fuming. Club shouldn't be helping anyone other than the obvious 3 or 4 clubs.

"A goalie?!?! Ha ha! Na, take it up with 'the guys at the top of the SPFL who have those difficult decisions to make', Jim. You know those guys... Yeah"

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Resounding majority of clubs who were unaffected. Oh yeh. Fair vote. Oh and one who was got at having voted no, anfmd God knows how many more told their vote didn't matter like Aberdeen were.

Oh aye Jim. Aye? That vote.

Aw I'm still so angry about it.

You know what, I was a bit in the fence about the loan, but EFF THAT. I'm fuming. Club shouldn't be helping anyone other than the obvious 3 or 4 clubs.

"A goalie?!?! Ha ha! Na, take it up with 'the guys at the top of the SPFL who have those difficult decisions to make', Jim. You know those guys... Yeah"

Indeed. Wonder if this was just Robbie’s decision though, or if he had to run it by JJ? Is Jefferies not in charge of who leaves the club? Or is that just permanent transfers out?

42 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

See Goodwin is calling out the SPFL as a joke league in the papers today.  The same Goodwin that basically said take your medicine to us when we were being summarily dismissed from the league.  Well dry your eyes mate and suck it up.  The SPFL was a joke league long before you got on the wrong end of their madness.

His pishy wee club should have been left to take the full force of SPFL awful decision making. 

Sadly, we had to step in to help out. Nothing will change my mind that this was an awful decision from Hearts. 

2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Indeed. Wonder if this was just Robbie’s decision though, or if he had to run it by JJ? Is Jefferies not in charge of who leaves the club? Or is that just permanent transfers out?

Hm, hadn't considered Jim in this. Right enough.

Like I say, Scottish football is one big boys club. Jim and BB are part of that. Coaches and managers don't think at boardroom level, they have their own world. What has happened this last 6 months wouldn't affect his decision. It should but wouldn't. More likely to stump something would be if two parties didn't like each other personally. If Levein was St M manager, JJ wouldn't loan him a goalie if he could help it! That's how it works.

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To allow some stability. It’s not the sort of thing that's meant to be changed willy nilly.  The current governance structure went through a long review process and was agreed by a huge majority of members that voted. 

An idea that those who are nice and comfy in the directors box now doubt came up with.

As I said if things go wrong in the future and the FoH aren’t wielding any influence or putting forward the views of the fans it will change, do you think things will just fester on if we have another situation like we did with Levein?

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

He’s not in charge of anything, Neilson makes all the decisions, who comes who goes and Jeffries does it. This is on the manager. 

Mid Calder Jambo
12 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

His pishy wee club should have been left to take the full force of SPFL awful decision making. 

Sadly, we had to step in to help out. Nothing will change my mind that this was an awful decision from Hearts. 

👍👍

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s not in charge of anything, Neilson makes all the decisions, who comes who goes and Jeffries does it. This is on the manager. 

Goodwin made it clear on the radio yesterday that it was Neilson he dealt with and that he couldn’t have been more helpful.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

An idea that those who are nice and comfy in the directors box now doubt came up with.

As I said if things go wrong in the future and the FoH aren’t wielding any influence or putting forward the views of the fans it will change, do you think things will just fester on if we have another situation like we did with Levein?

It’s always a balance between stability and potentially kneejerk reactions. Extreme forms of either tend to be bad imo. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, hunts said:

Goodwin made it clear on the radio yesterday that it was Neilson he dealt with and that he couldn’t have been more helpful.

Thanks I missed that. 

54 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

All I see here is the same mumpers moaning and groaning and desperate to stick the boot into Robbie and Ann.

It's really quite sad.

Personally, I’m desperate not to stick the boot into Robbie, Ann or anyone else at the club. I want us to stick together and be “Only Hearts”. But yesterday’s decision suggests a scant understanding of supporters views, which deserves some criticism.

39 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

One day on, the dust has had a chance to settle and my thoughts have not changed. The club made a shite decision that should never have been made. Arseholes.

It’s totally fractured the unanimity that’s abounded in the club. A dreadful decision taken for the wrong reasons. It actually shows how little the thoughts and aspirations of the clubs supporters are actually taken on board  by those running the club. There’s going to have to be an awful lot of making up to to do to smooth things over now. A candid acceptance that this might ha e been ill thought out might be a start.

Edited by Deevers

54 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

All I see here is the same mumpers moaning and groaning and desperate to stick the boot into Robbie and Ann.

It's really quite sad.

Sorry, but I've backed the club consistently. Backed the 1st appointment of Robbie, backed Cathro, backed Levein until the last month of his reign, backed the signing of Stendel despite reservations of whether his style would be suitable, backed Robbie MkII, backed the new stand, ****, you could probably call me a sheep such was my backing of the club. 

2 minutes ago, hunts said:

If that's the case, then RN needs to explain to his employers and remember we own this club and as such we employ RN, how and why he made this decision. He must have known the outrage it would cause. What happens next weekend if another club are in the same situation, say Ross County, need a GK,do we loan them Gordon? 

5 minutes ago, David Black said:

If that's the case, then RN needs to explain to his employers and remember we own this club and as such we employ RN, how and why he made this decision. He must have known the outrage it would cause. What happens next weekend if another club are in the same situation, say Ross County, need a GK,do we loan them Gordon? 

If I understand correctly his explanation was game time for Zamal, which suggests he is oblivious to supporters views or doesn’t care about them.

16 minutes ago, David Black said:

Answer on Club Website.

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I echo this. The wrong decision and criticism totally justified. 

Maybe the club will speak a bit more on the matter.....

A simple apology and acknowledgement that they made an error of judgment and won't do it again. 

25 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Personally, I’m desperate not to stick the boot into Robbie, Ann or anyone else at the club. I want us to stick together and be “Only Hearts”. But yesterday’s decision suggests a scant understanding of supporters views, which deserves some criticism.

Ditto. I rarely post on here. I dont want hearts to f things up but they did big time hence I  here and raging.

Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

A simple apology and acknowledgement that they made an error of judgment and won't do it again. 

I'd agree other than whoever allowed it has to go. They dont understand football fans. 

7 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Answer on Club Website.

Thanks. Going by that reasoning surely it would have been better to loan them Craig Gordon so he could get some valuable game time.

2 minutes ago, David Black said:

Thanks. Going by that reasoning surely it would have been better to loan them Craig Gordon so he could get some valuable game time.

:lol::thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, David Black said:

May well have done if he wasn’t injured. 

Hearts Website:-

Bobby Zlamal has completed an emergency loan move to St Mirren.

The Czech goalkeeper will spend an initial seven days at the Paisley side after they lost the services of three keepers due to quarantine protocols following a positive Covid-19 test.

Bobby is in line to make his debut this afternoon against Hibs, with games against Celtic and Dundee United to follow.

Speaking to the Official Hearts Website about the loan, manager Robbie Neilson said: “This is purely a move for Bobby’s benefit. He’ll get to play three competitive games in a week, against three sides who have started the season well.

“Our training has been first class so far and the lads are doing really well, however, this is an opportunity for Bobby to get some competitive games under his belt early on.

“It also gives me the chance to assess where he is at this stage of our pre-season. We have three top class keepers at Hearts and I want them to be pushing each other all the way so that we start our campaign in the strongest shape possible.”

There you have it. Done for the long term benefit of Hearts and it's pretty clear it was the football manager's decision, no one else. Anyway as it transpires, he did not do St Mirren any favours. I'm afraid I just don't get all this shock and consternation, surely the managers job is to get everyone in the squad fit and ready for the new season and if that means loaning fringe players to so called enemy clubs then so be it if it helps the long term goals of our manager.

Edited by Des' Dad

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Having had 24/48 hours to digest this decision by the club I'm still of the meh opinion I'm afraid. Just can't get worked up about it. 

A lot of hot air about absolutely nothing.

Calmed down now, but it was a genuinely terrible decision to make. If all we were was a business then fine. Gets Bobbys wage off off the books for a week or two and a wee loan fee too. But we're not just a business, we're a football club that has relied on the goodwill of its supporters continuously, even more so these past few months. This idea of 'Only Hearts' was something that was wholly welcomed by the support. A feeling of the club gets 'it'. It has completely undermined the idea behind 'Only Hearts', and certainly I can accept that we can adopt an isolationist stance permanently something for at least this season would have be acceptable. 

For me, Only Hearts is an acknowledgement that every other club only operates for themselves with no regard for others or the greater good of the game up here. So us adopting 'Only Hearts' is disengagement with trying to improve the game for all and any attempt to work together. Its a focus squarely on Hearts and only Hearts. Whoever okayed Bobbys move has completely undermined the entire thinking behind that and killed it as a marketing tool.  

Fans were totalling buying into this idea and the club have ruined it. Its incredibly disappointing because it felt (to me) like a really strong slogan that brings everyone together. We needed now more than ever a siege mentality and the board have caved at the first hurdle. Its really quite pathetic. 

Edited by OTT

55 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

It does deserve criticism but a lot of it is way over the top. Someone even cancelled their booking for the Sky Lounge. 🥴

52 minutes ago, David Black said:

Who is the "we" that owns the club?

MarkDevriesScores4

Hope they didn’t spend much money on the “Only Hearts” campaign. It accomplished getting season tickets sold so maybe it’s done it’s job. Let’s return to something more appropriate like “doormat hearts”

8 minutes ago, OTT said:

Calmed down now, but it was a genuinely terrible decision to make. If all we were was a business then fine. Gets Bobbys wage off off the books for a week or two and a wee loan fee too. But we're not just a business, we're a football club that has relied on the goodwill of its supporters continuously, even more so these past few months. This idea of 'Only Hearts' was something that was wholly welcomed by the support. A feeling of the club gets 'it'. It has completely undermined the idea behind 'Only Hearts', and certainly I can accept that we can adopt an isolationist stance permanently something for at least this season would have be acceptable. 

For me, Only Hearts is an acknowledgement that every other club only operates for themselves with no regard for others or the greater good of the game up here. So us adopting 'Only Hearts' is disengagement with trying to improve the game for all and any attempt to work together. Its a focus squarely on Hearts and only Hearts. Whoever okayed Bobbys move has completely undermined the entire thinking behind that and killed it as a marketing tool.  

Fans were totalling buying into this idea and the club have ruined it. Its incredibly disappointing because it felt (to me) like a really strong slogan that brings everyone together. We needed now more than ever a siege mentality and the board have caved at the first hurdle. Its really quite pathetic. 

The manager decided that this benefited Hearts.

As much as it would be a laugh for a while we can’t go round trying to ‘do In’ every other club out of spite.  We need to focus all energy on being a great football team again and beat them on the park. 

Shit Mirren were in desperate need of a goal keeper, we gave them one. 

Yet we didn't do them any favours? 

Naaaaaeeeeee Bothhhhher. 

Reading Jim Goodwin's comments on the SPFL just made me laugh. What did he expect? The more this happens the better imo. We need as many clubs as possible, to have a poor view of the SPFL board. I sincerely hope the same happens to Sevco or Septic and they (SPFL) bend over backwards to help the ugly sisters causing seethe amongst all the other clubs. Maybe just maybe... when it comes to a vote to end the season (again) We will have more clubs willing to push for change this time. Could be dreaming here but that's all I can do at this point. Still annoyed at the club for helping them but Jim's final words were "We owe them one" Remember you said that Jim, do not forget because we will not! 

24 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Shit Mirren were in desperate need of a goal keeper, we gave them one. 

Yet we didn't do them any favours? 

Naaaaaeeeeee Bothhhhher. 

And dug the odious SPFL out of a huge hole at the same time. 

Still, it "gave Bobby some game time", eh? 

The question I have, aside from who he was loaned to, is why are we sending one of our players into a club who currently has an issue with COVID?

Some of their players may also have it but have not yet displayed symptoms as the virus takes 3-14 days to incubate.  Bobby comes back to training tomorrow and spreads it around the Hearts squad.

I’m not getting worked up about who he was loaned to but this decision is completely absurd and reckless on a containment level.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

The next time Only Hearts appears on Twitter the club will be in for a pounding. 

2 hours ago, David Black said:

You need to ask who the "we" are? 

It was the whole question that I wanted answered, who owns the club? 

Here's a clue - it's not you or me.

10 minutes ago, graygo said:

It was the whole question that I wanted answered, who owns the club? 

Here's a clue - it's not you or me.

That's correct, it is the entire membership of FOH.

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

correct. Quietly shelved

Marketing department must be thrilled, hard work all summer undone by some idiots who have no idea what the fans think.