St Mirren player tests positive for Covid - Zlamal signs on loan

Jamie86

We don’t need favours from a Goodwin or St Mirren. They had their chance a few months go to do the right thing by us and instead decided to shaft us. I hope Neilson and the Board Read this thread and understand just how let down by them most of us feel. People who would have delighted at seeing this club die now being given a helping hand by us.  Incredible.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Deevers

• Nookie Bear

33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, and as Gordon wasn’t fit enough to start yesterday he may well be called upon, absolute joke that’s he’s played for these ***** today. Is there any limit to how much we are taken for a ride as a club. 

Gordon wasn’t injured yesterday. So not sure where you got that from. He was on the bench for both teams as he had played the 2 games prior. 

The Future's Maroon
27 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Was a wee bit pissed off at first but do you know what they paid a loan fee and have to suffer another two games of this, they put faith in the SPFL and enjoyed kicking us when we were on the receiving end so I’m sure they’ll be happy enough to enjoy it themselves 

Apparently there was no loan fee.

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Well, at least Robbie can “assess where bobby is with his preseason preparation “

he’s still garbage Robbie so no change.

maybe Twitter at the wind up but apparently we’re not receiving funds for his loan to st mirren 

If that's the case the loan is to give him game time. 

That sounds ominous to me 🙄

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Gordon wasn’t injured yesterday. So not sure where you got that from. He was on the bench for both teams as he had played the 2 games prior. 

He didn’t play is the point, if he was 100% fit he would’ve played. If it was just to give the other two GKs a chance it’s in preparation for him missing a game. Let’s hope for all our sakes that he doesn’t.

29 minutes ago, redjambo said:

If the games they lose with Bobby between the posts are the difference that seals their relegation, then all the better,

I like a wee haiku ...

Well done big Bobby

Good decision by Robbie?

'Helping' St Midden?

Maybe 'Zibi Zlamal' was but a 5th columnist so as to allow St Liedown to sook up some well-deserved medicine. We'll pass them on our way up ... as they go down. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Deevers said:

We don’t need favours from a Goodwin or St Mirren. They had their chance a few months go to do the right thing by us and instead decided to shaft us. I hope Neilson and the Board Read this thread and understand just how let down by them most of us feel. People who would have delighted at seeing this club die now being given a helping hand by us.  Incredible.

It’s shocking. 

38 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s been injured twice already in three weeks of training, that still has nothing to do with loaning him out to these ***** for a ****ing week. Great start in trying to win  over a section of fans who are unsure of your return, are keeping the club afloat and soon to own the club. 

I think it was neither for the money or a favour. He just wanted to give Bobby some competitive game time and by the sound of things he needed it.

Just noticed Bobby is away on loan to st liedown and read some of the seethe on here. See if they are paying a chunk of his wages thst surely benefits us? If they are paying nowt im in the gtf camp

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s shocking. 

Think you are missing some of the key points. St.Mirren didn’t want Bobby they wanted the game postponed. Bobby was the only keeper available to go to them on a short term loan. SPFL forced St.Mirren and Hearts hands by refusing to postpone the game. Whilst none of us want to do anything but harm to the team from Paisley for us to refuse a weeks loan would have been petulant and childish in the extreme and certainly not in keeping with previously stated aims of trying to rebuild bridges. We all agree that we have been very badly treated but fences will have to be mended over time. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I think it was neither for the money or a favour. He just wanted to give Bobby some competitive game time and by the sound of things he needed it.

He’s ****ing useless game time or not, now what? His confidence is ****ed, imagine he has to play in the semi against these *****? 
That’s before getting onto the rest of the reasons why we shouldn’t be dealing with them. Absolute joke of a decision any way you look at it. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think you are missing some of the key points. St.Mirren didn’t want Bobby they wanted the game postponed. Bobby was the only keeper available to go to them on a short term loan. SPFL forced St.Mirren and Hearts hands by refusing to postpone the game. Whilst none of us want to do anything but harm to the team from Paisley for us to refuse a weeks loan would have been petulant and childish in the extreme and certainly not in keeping with previously stated aims of trying to rebuild bridges. We all agree that we have been very badly treated but fences will have to be mended over time. 

Hahahahaha we were forced to give them him? Are you ****ing serious? He got a strain yesterday, sorry, easy. Is it our fault they couldn’t get anyone else? Wouldn’t want Hibs having to squeeze another game in before we play them would we. **** the bridges, **** the SPFL, **** St Mirren, **** Neilson and **** you and your condescending posts. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha we were forced to give them him? Are you ****ing serious? He got a strain yesterday, sorry, easy. Is it our fault they couldn’t get anyone else? Wouldn’t want Hibs having to squeeze another game in before we play them would we. **** the bridges, **** the SPFL, **** St Mirren, **** Neilson and **** you and your condescending posts. 

I never said that. As always you twist posts to suit. I said he was the only keeper in Scotland they could sign on loan to make sure today’s game went ahead without them playing an outfield player in goal. Bitter and twisted actions just make anyone more bitter and twisted. There’s a time to wake up and move on. Otherwise you become just as bitter and twisted, or worse, than those you are pissed off at. 
Think your post clearly proves my point. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s ****ing useless game time or not, now what? His confidence is ****ed, imagine he has to play in the semi against these *****? 
That’s before getting onto the rest of the reasons why we shouldn’t be dealing with them. Absolute joke of a decision any way you look at it. 

A very good point.

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I don't understand why we are the ones that need to be making bridge-building overtures. We got treated like dirt by the governing body, most clubs and the majority of the media. They should be reaching out to us.

I believe they probably did and we agreed. 

Why did St Mirren need to source a Scottish-based 'keeper?

What would they, or the SPFL, have done if we'd said "No, we're cognisant of the COVID-19 risks."

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes mend fences over time - but not just a few weeks after these arseholes were delighting at our situation, rushing to the media to belittle us and generally sticking the boot in.

35 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Apparently there was no loan fee.

Of course there wasn't, we likely phoned them to offer help. They're probably not even paying his wage.

34 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I quite believe it!

Still though, small part of the bridge has been built 🤢

I agree that bridges need to be built but it should be St Mirren doing the building not us. I wasn't too bothered about this up until I read that we're not even getting paid. If it turns out to be us doing them a big favour I'll be boiling.

Just now, Deevers said:

Yes mend fences over time - but not just a few weeks after these arseholes were delighting at our situation, rushing to the media to belittle us and generally sticking the boot in.

Can see your pint and agree to a great extent. Suspect we won’t see any more silly stuff from them in future like cardboard cut-outs and heartbreaker ads. Pity really because football is the loser without the banter. 

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Why did St Mirren need to source a Scottish-based 'keeper?

What would they, or the SPFL, have done if we'd said "No, we're cognisant of the COVID-19 risks."

Because all the English ones that were Covid certified were involved in day 1 of their league seasons. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I never said that. As always you twist posts to suit. I said he was the only keeper in Scotland they could sign on loan to make sure today’s game went ahead without them playing an outfield player in goal. Bitter and twisted actions just make anyone more bitter and twisted. There’s a time to wake up and move on. Otherwise you become just as bitter and twisted, or worse, than those you are pissed off at. 
Think your post clearly proves my point. 

They couldn’t get any other GK from another lower league club? Is that our problem? There’s a plethora of reasons that we could’ve used to refuse. First chance to stand up to the SPFL and we bend over again? 

The point you’re missing is it’s not our job to build bridges and heal Scottish football, we tried that and it was thrown back in our face and we were and still are being mocked on a daily basis. But let’s move on and keep taking the ridicule and act like mugs. 

Neilson should try building bridges with the fans that aren’t that enamoured with his return before he keeps his friendships with other managers and clubs, they don’t pay his wages. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Because all the English ones that were Covid certified were involved in day 1 of their league seasons. 

All of them. Even third choice GKs, you have proof of this?

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They couldn’t get any other GK from another lower league club? Is that our problem? There’s a plethora of reasons that we could’ve used to refuse. First chance to stand up to the SPFL and we bend over again? 

The point you’re missing is it’s not our job to build bridges and heal Scottish football, we tried that and it was thrown back in our face and we were and still are being mocked on a daily basis. But let’s move on and keep taking the ridicule and act like mugs. 

Neilson should try building bridges with the fans that aren’t that enamoured with his return before he keeps his friendships with other managers and clubs, they don’t pay his wages. 

We were asked to loan them a keeper. Choice is take the bitter and twisted route and say no or act like an adult, tell them you have been really pissed off with them recently but help them out in their time of need. Straightforward choice. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

All of them. Even third choice GKs, you have proof of this?

No, but given they are operating under the same kind of restraints it’s not rocket science. And as I said in another post if they loan out their third choice and one of their two other keepers get injured or suspended today what do they do next week?  Our keepers don’t have a real game for over three weeks. 

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Anywhere else in the world?

I'm just a little pissed off that, after all that's happened this year, we're the ones who have to come to the rescue to prevent the SPFL looking as shambolic and incompetent as we know they are. Once St Mirren  were 'keeperless the game should have been called off. But oh, no...that would have inconvenienced Celtic midweek.

Edited by Boof

Just now, Boof said:

Anywhere else in the world?

I'm just a little pissed off that, after all that's happened this year, we're the ones who have to come to the rescue to prevent the SPFL looking as shamvoluc and incompetent as we know they are. Once St Mirren  were 'keeperless the game should have been called off. But oh, no...that would have inconvenienced Celtic midweek.

Think the SPFL have done another great job of looking incompetent with this one. Just wait until early Oct and the same thing happens with Celtic or Rangers keepers. Old firm match go ahead?  

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We were asked to loan them a keeper. Choice is take the bitter and twisted route and say no or act like an adult, tell them you have been really pissed off with them recently but help them out in their time of need. Straightforward choice. 

Did they help us out or did they look after themselves, what if he gets injured or catches Covid? Now he has no confidence and might have to play Hibs at Hampden. Great decision.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No, but given they are operating under the same kind of restraints it’s not rocket science. And as I said in another post if they loan out their third choice and one of their two other keepers get injured or suspended today what do they do next week?  Our keepers don’t have a real game for over three weeks. 

So have no real basis for your argument, teams have more than three GKs, we had Man Utd’s 6th choice. So not the only GK in the world they could get then eh?

34 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Talk me through how the spfl have forced Hearts hand here?

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Did they help us out or did they look after themselves, what if he gets injured or catches Covid? Now he has no confidence and might have to play Hibs at Hampden. Great decision.

All what ifs other than the confidence issue. We all know he has very little and come November he is third choice when all keepers are fit. By most accounts he threw two or three in today so it’s a bonus if he isn’t involved in our games. Hopefully Robbie was at Paisley and now knows never to play him again. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So have no real basis for your argument, teams have more than three GKs, we had Man Utd’s 6th choice. So not the only GK in the world they could get then eh?

They had less than 24 hours to get a keeper. 

NaturalOrder74
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

A grand? Two? Big deal. A statement of intent of how we won’t forget being ****ed  over needed to be made, Neilson has rolled over and had his tummy tickled for a few quid and a favour in the future. Pitiful and totally out of touch with the majority of fans feel. 

I get it mate I honestly do, but it’s hardly as if it’s naismith or Boyce or even Gordon it’s our back up absolute Zibby of a keeper 

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Talk me through how the spfl have forced Hearts hand here?

We were the only club that had keepers that were suitably Covid - certified out with the top league. I’m sure the SFA or SPFL informed them of their options in terms of eligibility and where they could look for a loaner.  There’s only one guilty party in this current debacle and yet again it’s the authorities that run the game in this country. Today’s game should clearly have been postponed. Ridiculous asking a club to play a league game with an outfield player in goals due to a worldwide pandemic.  Only in Scotland. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We were the only club that had keepers that were suitably Covid - certified out with the top league. I’m sure the SFA or SPFL informed them of their options in terms of eligibility and where they could look for a loaner.  There’s only one guilty party in this current debacle and yet again it’s the authorities that run the game in this country. Today’s game should clearly have been postponed. Ridiculous asking a club to play a league game with an outfield player in goals due to a worldwide pandemic.  Only in Scotland. 

The guilty party aspect is spot on - however the clubs themselves allow all of this to happen. St. Mirren and all the others had the opportunity to strike a blow against the way the executive of the SPFL manage things. They, apart from a few clubs with real integrity failed miserably. Personally now I wish nothing but woe on all of these clubs. Why we are helping out St Mirren and in an obvious way the SPFL escapes me.

11 minutes ago, Deevers said:

The guilty party aspect is spot on - however the clubs themselves allow all of this to happen. St. Mirren and all the others had the opportunity to strike a blow against the way the executive of the SPFL manage things. They, apart from a few clubs with real integrity failed miserably. Personally now I wish nothing but woe on all of these clubs. Why we are helping out St Mirren and in an obvious way the SPFL escapes me.

Agree with most of that but there has to be a point at which things move on. 

18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And if we said "no?

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Agree with most of that but there has to be a point at which things move on. 

Maybe but things don't move on from "Only Hearts" to "right you are St Mirren" within weeks!

The club's credibility amongst it's own fans has been jeopardised with this.

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

And if we said "no?

Who knows.  They would have been forced to either play Jamie Langfield at 40 or one of their outfield players. Maybe that would have been a better approach. I was just trying to explain why it wasn’t the case that out of all clubs we decided to help them out when in fact we were in all probability the only club that could. I didn’t agree with it at the time I first heard about it but once I learned the background I can see how and why it played out as it did. 

Our board would have had unanimous backing from the fans, instead they've brought on criticism by being gormless idiots and not understanding the feeling of their own fan base.  

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Who knows.  They would have been forced to either play Jamie Langfield at 40 or one of their outfield players. Maybe that would have been a better approach. I was just trying to explain why it wasn’t the case that out of all clubs we decided to help them out when in fact we were in all probability the only club that could. I didn’t agree with it at the time I first heard about it but once I learned the background I can see how and why it played out as it did. 

My point was, if we had said "no", our hand couldn't have been forced by the SPFL.

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Maybe but things don't move on from "Only Hearts" to "right you are St Mirren" within weeks!

Agree re credibility. I’m not sure a weeks loan when we don’t have any games is a big deal and I don’t think it really damages the only hearts element either. Only Hearts would have fizzled out after this coming season in any case. Most of the usual crowd will start going back to away games once we are back in the top league. It was the championship clubs that really needed to be taught a lesson. 

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

My point was, if we had said "no", our hand couldn't have been forced by the SPFL.

By refusing to postpone the game the SPFL forced the issue on hearts and st.mirren. If we hadn’t been asked by both we wouldn’t have offered is what I’m saying. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Our board would have had unanimous backing from the fans, instead they've brought on criticism by being gormless idiots and not understanding the feeling of their own fan base.  

Every post from yourself today has been spot on and it really is that simple. I thought they'd realised that tbh.

I'm not interested in any bridges with any other team. If we want to sign a player from one of these teams, they'll talk, if they price us out, we can sign players from down south since the wage cap is in place. 

We don't need their players, we need to ensure we're in a position from now on that we don't need any of their votes and we don't need any ****ing bridges.

Get them all to ****.

5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Spot on Iain. An absolute shocking decision by the club to help out that tin pot Celtic loving lot. I really thought that with the Only Hearts theme  the powers that be had finally woke up and smelt the coffee re all the back stabbers ect. Sadly I was mistaken and they still as soft as shite as they have shown previously. I worry that this may have an effect on the fantastic recent monthly subscriptions to the FOH. 

I don't really care about this. Devils Advocate here - could we not milk this as taking the higher ground, being magnanimous even to teams who don't deserve it? I accept some are pissed off, I am with the larger picture myself, but we can, as I say,  look the good guys.

4 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

I don't really care about this. Devils Advocate here - could we not milk this as taking the higher ground, being magnanimous even to teams who don't deserve it? I accept some are pissed off, I am with the larger picture myself, but we can, as I say,  look the good guys.

What’s the larger picture. I’m trying to understand that but just don’t get it. We want to foster good relations with other clubs? Why?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

What’s the larger picture. I’m trying to understand that but just don’t get it. We want to foster good relations with other clubs? Why?

You think being at war with everyone  is sustainable? You think it will do us any favours off the pitch or on it? It won’t..