Top Posters In This Topic

• Riddley Walker

• iantjambo

• OTT

• Guffers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

manaliveits105

Dykes was playing well holding ball up and getting no decent crosses passes in danger areas - no way he should have been hooked for Burke 

have severe doubts about Clarke 

Scotland will never qualify for a major tournament in this lifetime 

players don’t care, a cap looks good on there cv but they have no desire to genuinely compete at international level

That added to the amateurs running our game, we are now on a par with Luxembourg et.al.

Pointless team, and it will only get worse.

First question to Clarke should be "why did you put tominay at center right defence, did you agree it turned out well".  Followed by a mic drop, then walk away. 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don't understand the point of Callum McGregor. Offers nothing.

Would be nowhere near the squad if he didn’t play for Celtic.

Most of their fans don’t rate him either

Would have been better with Calumn Morrison tonight.

No dangerous through or cross ball in 90 minutes. 

At least its was a nice goal to equalise. 

10 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Scotland can't put the ball past a hibs goalie from open play, ffs!

Didn't even manage a shot from open play.

That was quite some achievement from Scotland tonight - they looked like they actually managed to pass the ball backwards more times than forwards!

Clarke standing there looking utterly bewildered as usual.

2 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Why are they passing around the back in the last minute?

We had to beat them on the passing stats.  We couldn't achieve much else. 

Just now, iantjambo said:

Would be nowhere near the squad if he didn’t play for Celtic.

Most of their fans don’t rate him either

What is he? He's not a tackler, his passing is average and he's absolutely no creativity in his locker.

Armstrong is clearly an attacking midfielder, Jack is clearly defensive. McGinn offers heaps going forward with the ball. Christie is an attacker. 

McGregor? **** knows, yet he seems undroppable. 

Hides like **** too. 

Dykes was shite, but got zero service. 

If we're going to play that negatively, you need a stronger forward. Paterson is a no brainer. Absolute workhorse that wins nigh on every header. Won't be bullied either. 

McTominay not being able to play in defence should be the major lesson from this game. Also agree with the poster who said McGregor offers very little. Would far rather have Armstrong in there.

Need to play some laddies in that team, no point in persisting with this pish. Get McTominay and Gilmour in midfield and sort out the fecking right back position 

Jesus christ that was dull. Players don’t look like they can be arsed with this competition and I don’t just mean Scotland. Was there a single decent fixture over the last two days? 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

If we're going to play that negatively, you need a stronger forward. Paterson is a no brainer. Absolute workhorse that wins nigh on every header. Won't be bullied either. 

I thought Dykes played well. Held the ball up well but didn’t have an awful lot of support.

7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

That was brutal. Seconds to go and passing the ball around at the back. Burke was like being a man down

Football in this country is dwindling at a horrible rate. No one runs at opposition.

Even if someone thought about it, the players off the ball aren’t coached to run ahead of the ball now or anticipate. It’s all safe, over passing to no effect pish. 

Forward play is finished. Midfield runners allowed to use their own instincts are gone.  As you say, watching Scots defenders pass the ball between each other 5 yards apart with a minute to go was excruciating.  The team don’t have a clue how to “throw the kitchen sink” in a game now. 

look like a bunch of wee laddies. 

Edited by Debut 4

The corrupt fa  deserve to fail at every hurdle, I am pretty relieved that none of our squad have been lowered to turning up for that shitfest...

Just my opinion obviously,  more on here were in the same camp recently but it seems a few have short memories.. 

FTGFA

I thought Dykes played well. Held the ball up well but didn’t have an awful lot of support.

He did a lot of jogging but little pressing. Agree though, completely isolated. 

God knows what the game plan was, because that was awful. 

Like really awful. 

Would make Levein blush. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Not sure what more Dykes could have done with that level of service. Scotland's best player tonight (which isn't a major accolade) and he surprised me with his technical ability.

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, haj said:

Jesus christ that was dull. Players don’t look like they can be arsed with this competition and I don’t just mean Scotland. Was there a single decent fixture over the last two days? 

99% of football since the outbreak of coronavirus has been shite. Really shite. 

Agreed thought he did well with what he had.

Armstrong > McGregor

McGinn should have stayed on

McTominay is not a defender

Jack is pish

Tiernay covered a hell of a lot at the back
Forrest isn't a wingback.

Just seemed Clarke was trying to keep people happy rather than play an appropriate team. There are players there to do it.

thehibsareintheirbeds

Back to trying to find a formation to fit all the big name players in at the expense of the team.

McTominay, Jack, McGregor, Forrest all useless. Robertson not the same player for Scotland and Burke 😱

That was as bad a watching hearts last year. Wish I'd kept watching the T20

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Didn't even manage a shot from open play.

That was quite some achievement from Scotland tonight - they looked like they actually managed to pass the ball backwards more times than forwards!

Clarke standing there looking utterly bewildered as usual.

That was Clarke's style of play at killie, strangle the game by slowing it down then play it long and hope for the best. It worked for one season as most defenses in the spl are slow as feck and easily caught out by balls over the top.

1 minute ago, Van Wilder said:

Agreed thought he did well with what he had.

Armstrong > McGregor

McGinn should have stayed on

McTominay is not a defender

Jack is pish

Tiernay covered a hell of a lot at the back
Forrest isn't a wingback.

Just seemed Clarke was trying to keep people happy rather than play an appropriate team. There are players there to do it.

Good assessment. I'd now have Tierney as first choice CB even if we play a back 4.

3 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

The corrupt fa  deserve to fail at every hurdle, I am pretty relieved that none of our squad have been lowered to turning up for that shitfest...

Just my opinion obviously,  more on here were in the same camp recently but it seems a few have short memories.. 

FTGFA

Agree, too many too quick to forget. 

If that had been a Craig Levein Scotland team playing line that, then the Glasgow media would be calling for his head tomorrow. Let's see how lenient they are on Clarke tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Back to trying to find a formation to fit all the big name players in at the expense of the team.

McTominay, Jack, McGregor, Forrest all useless. Robertson not the same player for Scotland and Burke 😱

That was as bad a watching hearts last year. Wish I'd kept watching the T20

You missed a cracking finish 

Watching Scotland is a guaranteed cure for insomnia.

1 minute ago, The_razors_edge said:

I chose to watch the darts instead. Looks like that was a sound choice. 

Cricket was brilliant.

I had both on. Football was woeful. Only highlight the Israeli equaliser. 

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

If that had been a Craig Levein Scotland team playing line that, then the Glasgow media would be calling for his head tomorrow. Let's see how lenient they are on Clarke tomorrow.

Correct