• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riddley Walker

• iantjambo

• OTT

• Guffers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obviously selection had to be limited for this one. I think moving forward we should persist with a team like: 

McLaughlin 

Flip a coin__Cooper__Tierney__Robertson 

Gilmour__McTominay__McGinn

Fraser__McBurnie__Armstrong 

Not the the slightest clue whos good enough to play right back, unless Hickey starts getting a game in Serie A he can play there. That's almost a full Premier league team with the exception of the keeper. Plenty youth and room for improvement, if McBurnie continues to be hopeless then Christie can play

8 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Surely the manager had to go, another one would sort this mess out, surely. 

Nonsense. We haven't even got to our optimistic stage yet where we get a couple of decent results and everyone agrees that this is the right manager and group of players to lead us to a major tournament. We flirted with it when we put 6 past san marino and claimed john mcginn was world class but didn't quite get there. 

2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Not sure what more Dykes could have done with that level of service. Scotland's best player tonight (which isn't a major accolade) and he surprised me with his technical ability.

I felt Dykes was poor, not mobile enough. Didn't really do much pressing of the Israeli CBs. I think Paterson would be a better choice. 

I would have said Tierney for the best player tonight. Was very solid and didn't give much away. Not having a right back of the same quality as Tierney or Robertson is baffling. Always thought right backs were a dime a dozen on left backs. We didn't look totally comfortable with 3 at the back either. Perhaps time to shift either or across to RB and go from there. I would say though that Paterson seems the most natural choice for the way clarke wants to play. He's strong enough and solid enough in the air to do what Clarke wants and he's a hard worker. 

I want Callum McGregor so far from that team though. Jesus, guy offers nothing and hides like ****. Christie at least gets on the ball and Armstrong can actually move the ball forward. I'd go for this for next game: 

Marshall*

Robertson Cooper McKenna Tierney

McTominay McGinn

Forrest Armstrong Christie

Paterson

*Should be McLaughlin, but Clarke appears set on Marshall... 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Steve Clarke has been a dud so far. No imagination and no spark. Like others said, he’s not picking a team. He’s picking a collection of 11 players. We’re stuck in the dark ages forever by the looks of things 

the kings dad

That was like watching 10 Maurice (backpass) Malpas for 90 minutes. Jack in particular, not one defence splitting pass in the whole game from anyone. Forrest couldnt beat an egg , Christie on his arse more than Uche.. World class for Liverpool Robertson not in the game, McGregor giving the ball away at every opportunity. What a load of crap from a manager who obviously is out of his depth

Bring back Strachan ffs. Nae urgency at all. Passing backwards all the time. Robertson obviously told not to bomb forward. Poor.

Czechs will prob beat us but hey ho we'll support you evermore 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😎

12 hours ago, Whatever said:

Good luck Israel.

40 minutes ago, Whatever said:

C’mon Israel. Let’s win this.

6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

:pleased:

**** THE SFA

Here you go. Here’s the attention that you’ve craved👍🏻

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Steve Clarke has been a dud so far. No imagination and no spark. Like others said, he’s not picking a team. He’s picking a collection of 11 players. We’re stuck in the dark ages forever by the looks of things 

Watched him on touchline at 1-1 no emotion no encouragement and no rage which is what they deserved. 

As I said elsewhere actually preferred Strachan shouldn't have got rid but we do need better.... 

14 minutes ago, cliffdanum said:

I have no idea why I looked at the result..national team.national disgrace..why any person would watch them is beyond me..

Folk with a very low IQ will have tuned in.

11 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Nonsense. We haven't even got to our optimistic stage yet where we get a couple of decent results and everyone agrees that this is the right manager and group of players to lead us to a major tournament. We flirted with it when we put 6 past san marino and claimed john mcginn was world class but didn't quite get there. 

Your right, I've been a little premature, we must remain patient and soon this team of gifted players will click. 

Franksluckypants
7 minutes ago, OTT said:

I felt Dykes was poor, not mobile enough. Didn't really do much pressing of the Israeli CBs. I think Paterson would be a better choice. 

I would have said Tierney for the best player tonight. Was very solid and didn't give much away. Not having a right back of the same quality as Tierney or Robertson is baffling. Always thought right backs were a dime a dozen on left backs. We didn't look totally comfortable with 3 at the back either. Perhaps time to shift either or across to RB and go from there. I would say though that Paterson seems the most natural choice for the way clarke wants to play. He's strong enough and solid enough in the air to do what Clarke wants and he's a hard worker. 

I want Callum McGregor so far from that team though. Jesus, guy offers nothing and hides like ****. Christie at least gets on the ball and Armstrong can actually move the ball forward. I'd go for this for next game: 

Marshall*

Robertson Cooper McKenna Tierney

McTominay McGinn

Forrest Armstrong Christie

Paterson

*Should be McLaughlin, but Clarke appears set on Marshall... 

Not a bad shout but Forrest???

Tierney and Robertson switch and told they are actually allowed to make a forward pass as well!

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

McGregor is the definition of a flat track bully. He’s like a ghost when he pulls on a Scotland jersey. 

He will be another Brown. Scared to move from Celtic

Byyy The Light

See the people who expect Robertson to play for Scotland like he does for Liverpool. 😂

Mental. Same treatment as Darren Fletcher. Properly bonkers. 

I think this thread shows how much people actually care about the Scotland National Team these days.

The thread is 7 pages long as nobody cares, years ago it would have been 30 or 40 pages but nowadays nobody gives a jot.

Just now, Gone said:

He will be another Brown. Scared to move from Celtic

Brown would have had a chance down south as he could mix it up. McGregor

would get found out in a couple of games. 

Had it on the background, but was too busy discussing mintolas, munchies, cabanas, treets and golden cups with my Facebook pals from the same scheme 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Had it on the background, but was too busy discussing mintolas, munchies, cabanas, treets and golden cups with my Facebook pals from the same scheme 👍🏻

Mintolas. Loved them. Could finish a packet of them in a minute.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Mintolas. Loved them. Could finish a packet of them in a minute.

Apparently they are now this?

Im disgusted frankly 

7F4CD6A0-E456-4E8C-83E2-E858FD16B4C1.jpeg

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 minutes ago, Marriott said:

Watched him on touchline at 1-1 no emotion no encouragement and no rage which is what they deserved. 

As I said elsewhere actually preferred Strachan shouldn't have got rid but we do need better.... 

It goes so much deeper than the coach (although Clarke is extremely uninspiring). No-one believes in the Scotland team, least of all the players. There’s no impetus, no buzz, no sense that we’ll ever achieve anything. Sad to say it’ll take years to sort, assuming the SFA even try. We have to be the most ‘making up the numbers’ nation going.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe a cunning plan to fool Israel for the Euros play off. 

That’ll be it, M

😎

52 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Forrest and McGregor look lost when they aren’t wearing the hoops.  

Forrest's second touch always appears to be trying to keep the ball in play.

How he has done so well since Rodgers I don't know.

1 hour ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Back to trying to find a formation to fit all the big name players in at the expense of the team.

McTominay, Jack, McGregor, Forrest all useless. Robertson not the same player for Scotland and Burke 😱

That was as bad a watching hearts last year. Wish I'd kept watching the T20

I did, great finish to the match. 

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Other than two seasons at Killie he has been a dud as No.1 everywhere he has been. 

Riddley Walker
9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Appears the game against the Czech republic is off, I think UEFA rules mean that Scotland win by default. Might be wrong though.

Yasss top of the group. This is easy. 

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Appears the game against the Czech republic is off, I think UEFA rules mean that Scotland win by default. Might be wrong though.

Expel Scotland please. 

13 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yep, the team responsible for the match being called off loses the game.

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Barack said:

If it's Scotland that's imposed the restriction...?

20200904_232931.jpg

I may be wrong mate, but I think sports teams are exempt from the quarantine restrictions. This sounds like it's to do with the Czech squads diagnosis.