***Scotland v Israel Match Thread***

jamtartan74

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Don’t think that was a penalty. 

Soft, and we should have been a goal down. The Israel break came after a simple ball wide left for a cross was ignored for a speculative low ball into the middle. They're a better team than us.  

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riddley Walker

• iantjambo

• OTT

• Guffers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Riddley Walker
Just now, John Findlay said:

You need a visit to an optician.

20/20 perfect eyesight my man. The best functioning organ in my otherwise flustering body. 

Israel being pretty limited and making mistakes something like that was probably going to happen.

But the lack of quality from Scotland is glaring. If there was someone Clarke could bring on to put a decent cross in they might have a chance of something on goal. 

Riddley Walker
Just now, Newton51 said:

Midfield all over the place. Dykes looked ok link up wise

Yep, midfield hasn't been helped by the formation at all. Jack isn't good enough to carry that formation at DM. His positional play is very poor, something I've first noticed tonight. 

Quite like Marciano, hands down the best keeper hibs have had in years. Its weird though, because I get the feeling they don't fancy him for some reason. Seems like they've tried to replace him every summer. 

Bit of a soft penalty but football is going that way, so hardly surprising. 

Given our lack of creativity, would like Paterson brought on over Dykes. Need a big physical presence and Paterson is a demon in the air. 

Edited by OTT

7 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

I'm surprised there are so many folk saying this. For me McGinn knocked the ball and the guy took him out. Thought it was clear.

Nah.

Would be well pissed if against Hearts.

Nicked the ball just before the defender the collided. 

Just think it is harsh. Technically correct, but harsh. 

Edited by Tommy Brown

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Nah.

Would be well pissed if against Hearts.

Nicked the ball just before the defender.

Then the defender took him out, after he nicked the ball... 

1 minute ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Its like watching an spfl premiership game .Dull And lacking in any real quality .

With two of the Israel starters being celtic reserves is it any wonder? 

I just wish Scotland could have a Bale or an Ibra. Our star player always ends up being a midfield cog or a keeper or a fullback it's bloody annoying 

Franksluckypants

Well it's done nothing thus far to alter my absolute hatred of the SFA/ SPFL blazers and my love of Scotland, even though we're sh#te, and btw the two ain't mutually exclusive...

14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Wasnt a penalty for me. McGinn went into the defender not Tibi into McGinn.

Christie took it well and gave Marciano no chance. Not a penalty for me. Scotland got lucky there.

Agree with you John.

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Its like watching an spfl premiership game .Dull And lacking in any real quality .

The banners on the seats look very SFA, cheap and lacking any imagination 

13 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

20/20 perfect eyesight my man. The best functioning organ in my otherwise flustering body. 

I would agree it was a penalty if it was for Hearts against Hibs, OF, St. Mirren or Hamilton.

Against anybody else I would have felt guilty. :lol:

Riddley Walker
2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I would agree it was a penalty if it was for Hearts against Hibs, OF, St. Mirren or Hamilton.

Against anybody else I would have felt guilty. :lol:

:lol: Fair enough 

I can't see McKenna playing at a higher level than one of the arse cheeks. He shites himself on the ball, shites himself to receive the ball and shites himself when players are running at him.

Decent strength but that's it...don't see what all the fuss is about.

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

I can't see McKenna playing at a higher level than one of the arse cheeks. He shites himself on the ball, shites himself to receive the ball and shites himself when players are running at him.

Considering Liam Cooper has captained Leeds to prem promotion and will be playing at that level regularly in the coming season, you've got to hope McKenna days at this level are numbered

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

One of the most overrated players in Scotland. He's utter shite.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

If Grant Hanley can forge a career in England, with club's paying over the odds for a huddy...

You've got me there :laugh:

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Considering Liam Cooper has captained Leeds to prem promotion and will be playing at that level regularly in the coming season, you've got to hope McKenna days at this level are numbered

Strange decision to leave him out! Might be fitness levels?

What are our long term striker options, can think of dykes, brophy, mcburnie, shank, Nisbet? Maybe James Scott. Reckon we should do a Wales and start scouring English academies for kids with any kind of Scottish heritage cos that's pretty bleak. None of them are even anywhere near as good as the likes of Griffiths or fletcher. 

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

What are our long term striker options, can think of dykes, brophy, mcburnie, shank, Nisbet? Maybe James Scott. Reckon we should do a Wales and start scouring English academies for kids with any kind of Scottish heritage cos that's pretty bleak. None of them are even anywhere near as good as the likes of Griffiths or fletcher. 

McBurnie seems to do it at club level but not produced at this level yet. Shankland has only really proven himself at a lower level.

Nelly Terraces

Only turned over for the 2nd half. Jeezuz, this is genuinely garbage.

Israel are a pub side but SFALand aren't much better with their laughable attempts at breaking them down. Slower than a week in jail, every time they get the ball it's a touch, ponderous look up then pass, not a single one touch or pace in any of them. The SFA manager looks like he's just had a hard night in a Glasgow boozer as well.  

Sums up Scottish 'fitbaw' - just amateurish & generally boring & shite. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

The rushed appointment of one trick pony Steve Clarke might be about to coming home to roost!

Riddley Walker

That was coming. Our mentality is so bad. 

We look so bereft of ideas. It's obviously not just the system but why change to this when barely any of the players have ever played it. It's clear we're missing the extra man in midfield and up front. 

2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

The rushed appointment of one trick pony Steve Clarke might be about to coming home to roost!

has he smiled yet.

Andy Robertson has done hee haw for Scotland, never captain material. 

Plays well with better players but that's easy. 

Not sure what's happened to Forrest but he.is way off it too. 

Need some fight and guile in this team badly

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

has he smiled yet.

Only when he picks up his wages.