***Scotland v Israel Match Thread***

jamtartan74

Just now, iantjambo said:

That's what i thought. Tierney has played CH before.

i think arteta has him playing as the left CH in a back three for arsenal

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riddley Walker

• iantjambo

• OTT

• Guffers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, it's like this: this is a completely different context to the game next month against Israel, next month we get a second bite of the cherry; If we win this section against CR, Slovakia, and Israel (aye) we qualify for the Euros next year which should have been played this year; failing that if we win against Israel next month we can still qualify by winning against someone else.

World cup is in 2022?

Aye?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Doubt Dave Mackay would have felt the same about Scotland if the SFA/SPFL had relegated Hearts because of a global pandemic back then.

I'm confident he wasn't a dumbass and would know the difference between  the corporate arses running the game and the actual national football team and players. 

Just now, Riddley Walker said:

I thought that at first but Clarke says he's changed the system which means no 4 at the back. We'll soon see I guess. 

then would assume a back 5 of with jack and roberston as wing backs

jack  mctominay mckenna tierney robertson

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

So, it's like this: this is a completely different context to the game next month against Israel, next month we get a second bite of the cherry; If we win this section against CR, Slovakia, and Israel (aye) we qualify for the Euros next year which should have been played this year; failing that if we win against Israel next month we can still qualify by winning against someone else.

World cup is in 2022?

Aye?

unless i have read our post wrong this game and the games v slovakia and CR would be related to WC 2022 qualifying. similar to how the game v israel (then potentially either norway or serbia) gives us a spot at euro 2020/21

You'd think the sfa and hampden would sell the seats for advertising space and generate income for Scottish football. Hampden looks a shambles with only the 3 places gave up for the already sponcers. 

So typically Scottish football its unreal 

Riddley Walker
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

then would assume a back 5 of with jack and roberston as wing backs

jack  mctominay mckenna tierney robertson

Looks like Forrest is the wing back... 

Have we ever played Tierney Left Back and Robertson Left Midfield?

I always thought that was the best formation if trying to fit them both in, and better having a standard right back rathet than Forrest at Wing Back.

4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Israel head coach Willi Ruttensteiner: "The Scottish-based players held the team meeting on Thursday because they know the opposition much better than me. They have all the information, so that is much better than watching a video" 

Israel team is being sent out by two celtic reserves and the hibs goalie :rofl:

That's a good enough reason for me to stick with my loyalty to Scotland.  

Hopefully Paterson comes on later to score the winner. 

To be honest Iam no happy with our team selection, formation OK.  

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

unless i have read our post wrong this game and the games v slovakia and CR would be related to WC 2022 qualifying. similar to how the game v israel (then potentially either norway or serbia) gives us a spot at euro 2020/21

Correct. This seasons nations league has nothing to do with the euros. The prize is a shot at World Cup qualification for those who don’t make it through the traditional route.

5 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Correct. This seasons nations league has nothing to do with the euros. The prize is a shot at World Cup qualification for those who don’t make it through the traditional route.

Yes that's right

I don't have an issue with the system.  Robertson basically plays as a LWB for Liverpool (although they only need 2 CBs) and Tierney plays in a back 3 for Arsenal. 

We wouldn't get away with Forrest at RWB against a strong team but worth a shot at home to Israel.

Horatio Caine
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Is Tbe hibs keeper their goalie? 

Yup.  Wonder if he fouls a Scottish player will Dick Gordon go off on a rant about him?  Thought not.

1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

😂 well played Ian well played 😁. Always find it amusing the not interested in the national team folk letting everyone know how much they are not interested 🙄 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

You’re no the brightest Jamtartan.. i never claimed indifference to the result tonight.

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Robertson has been bloody howfin' on the left wing. 

solved the problem with Tierney but wastes Robertson as cant play wing back

Just now, Newton51 said:

Can anyone work out the formation? Know what’s its meant to be

I think McTominays meant to be in defence :lol:

Riddley Walker
Just now, Guffers said:

😉

😘 Had to be done. 

And yasss. Sorry there will be a few Jambos gutted at that Hibs keeper being beaten there. 

Just now, jambostuart said:

Thought the pen was soft myself. Well struck though

Wasnt a penalty for me. McGinn went into the defender not Tibi into McGinn.

Christie took it well and gave Marciano no chance. Not a penalty for me. Scotland got lucky there.

3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I think McTominays meant to be in defence :lol:

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Can anyone work out the formation? Know what’s its meant to be

He's playing right centre half, Tierney left, kenna middle.  It's a bit of a gamble, tominay that is. 

Riddley Walker
Just now, John Findlay said:

Christie took it well and gave Marciano no chance. Not a penalty for me. Scotland got lucky there.

I'm surprised there are so many folk saying this. For me McGinn knocked the ball and the guy took him out. Thought it was clear.

Just now, Riddley Walker said:

I'm surprised there are so many folk saying this. For me McGinn knocked the ball and the guy took him out. Thought it was clear.

You need a visit to an optician.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Exactly how I saw it. Not actually sure where the foul is. Lucky indeed especially after some poor defending. 

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

He's playing right centre half, Tierney left, kenna middle.  It's a bit of a gamble, tominay that is. 

Midfield all over the place. Dykes looked ok link up wise