*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

9 hours ago, weehammy said:

It’s not just the no wins in 60 years, we’ve also only made two losing final appearances in that time. Aberdeen’s total league cup final appearances are more than double ours. Our record is truly appalling, especially since we owned the league cup during the fifties and very early sixties.

There are only 3 trophies to be won in a season - and realistically we have zero chance of winning the top flight in any given season. That leaves the two cups. Why we would turn our noses up at the LC I have no idea. Maybe we belittle it as a comfort blanket to help get over the vast number of humblings by teams with a fraction of our budget? We laugh (and righty so) at Rangers losing to St Mirren with the gulf in resources - but we suffer such LC exits almost every other season!

The LC is even seeded to the QF, we can't even take advantage of that half the time. For the 3rd biggest club in Scotland our LC record is something to be ashamed of. In the last 20 yeas we're lucky if we're in the top 10 in terms of performances in this competition. I may be in the minority but I would love to see us win it. 

• Replies 63.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, weehammy said:

It’s not just the no wins in 60 years, we’ve also only made two losing final appearances in that time. Aberdeen’s total league cup final appearances are more than double ours. Our record is truly appalling, especially since we owned the league cup during the fifties and very early sixties.

It's a rather impressive record !!

Thought Aberdeen would have been more than that as well - perhaps Fergie didn't care about it too much.

Question is if Lochend FC get St Mirren in the final will they just buy the rest of the St Mirren team to ensure victory or is it only anyone with the name McGinn they want?

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

This

If we win Sunday and are promoted at seasons end who really gives a tinkers cuss about the league cup?

I won't, Jam. 

Like @skinnybob72I'd love see Hearts win the LC one day but, this season, we can't. I hope Hibs don't win it, and I'm far from convinced they will, but if we have the Cup and Championship trophy jostling for position in the Tynecastle boardroom I won't care if they do. 

Having said that, feck Hibs and, in this order, c'mon St. Johnstone, Livingston and, as difficult as it is to say, the Paisley skunks. 

1 minute ago, martoon said:

I won't, Jam. 

Like @skinnybob72I'd love see Hearts win the LC one day but, this season, we can't. I hope Hibs don't win it, and I'm far from convinced they will, but if we have the Cup and Championship trophy jostling for position in the Tynecastle boardroom I won't care if they do. 

Having said that, feck Hibs and, in this order, c'mon St. Johnstone, Livingston and, as difficult as it is to say, the Paisley skunks. 

They’ll Hibs it bud. It’s what they do 😀

If ever confirmation was needed that the Diddy Cup is a Diddy Cup..... 

I can safely say that once they removed the European Place for it, I have not given one shiny shite about it. Even when we lost the final. As far as I'm concerned, if we win it, it's a bonus but other than that, could not give a monkeys. 

5 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Nice to see Gerrard lavishing praise on his opponents operating with a fraction of his budget.

Sevco budget is a ticking time bomb. At some point these con artists and charlatans will have to live within their means.

6 minutes ago, Bozi said:

So...will Robbie Nielson get the blame if Hibs win this? 

Ann Budge will bekoz she’s a wuman 

9 minutes ago, Bozi said:

So...will Robbie Nielson get the blame if Hibs win this? 

He should collect some. The fail against Alloa was a shocker. 

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

He should collect some. The fail against Alloa was a shocker. 

Players let off Scot free again.

5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Robbie reinforced his legendary status with that Alloa result. 

Robbie doesn't need to do a single thing, his legend is secured.

Robbie-Neilson.jpg.938383278ef157b7054e48fff9fdb2e0.jpg

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Robbie doesn't need to do a single thing, his legend is secured.

Robbie-Neilson.jpg.938383278ef157b7054e48fff9fdb2e0.jpg

As a player absolutely. 

Manager hmm 🤔

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

As a player absolutely. 

Manager hmm 🤔

Meanwhile Stendel, who's done NOTHING as a Hearts manager, sits on a throne in your mind.

Ffs man, get behind the Hearts manager

Spitonastranger
32 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

As a player absolutely. 

Manager hmm 🤔

won  the championship at a skoosh with the new team and the wee team in it :robbo::rudiyas: 

41 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Meanwhile Stendel, who's done NOTHING as a Hearts manager, sits on a throne in your mind.

Ffs man, get behind the Hearts manager

Nope just feel, Stendel when he does eventually leave, if backed properly, would leave the foundations for any manager to kick on. 

Given the chance . 

14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nope just feel, Stendel when he does eventually leave, if backed properly, would leave the foundations for any manager to kick on. 

Given the chance . 

Who cares, he's irrelevant.

The current Hearts manager is leading us to a cup final on the weekend.

Get behind him or GTF

Gorgie Boot boy
24 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Given the chance . 

When Stendel eventually leave's where ?

Danny is a good lad, his time at Hearts was tragic.

He will always get my respect for giving it a go.

Robbie is in a totally different enviroment at the club, we are on the right tracks with him.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Funny how people look at football, ultimately the 5 year plan we had I'll say no more. 

Juwon 🙈the players he left us with. 

How deep do you want to sink.

Everyone of us here knows what has happened, we have a fair idea of the amount of shite players we have suffered.

The back tracking agenda has to end at some point, what is it that you are trying to say about Hearts today ?

The only guarantee In life is that should Hearts win, some 'Hearts fans' won't even be anywhere near a  celebratory thread but nursing a glass of bitter.

kingantti1874
22 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Funny how people look at football, ultimately the 5 year plan we had I'll say no more. 

I think to need to give it a ****ing rest.     I think you’ve been a good poster but this continual anti Robbie stuff is tedious in the extreme -

.. it almost as if you want hearts to fail so that you are proved right which is absolutely chronic patter

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think to need to give it a ****ing rest.     I think you’ve been a good poster but this continual anti Robbie stuff is tedious in the extreme -

.. it almost as if you want hearts to fail so that you are proved right which is absolutely chronic patter

I take it there's been a name change to support your second sentence?

39 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Maybe on Sunday evening or in the early new year at the latest when our inevitable  promotion is confirmed you could draw a line under this ancient stuff and move on with the rest of us. There were times I wasn’t Robbie Neilson’s biggest fan towards the end of the first time round, but your refusing to see that he has improved. For the most part he’s playing a better game of football for a start. Time to maybe cut the guy a wee bit slack and have a fresh look. He’s not done much wrong so far. Alloa and Dunfermline were not solely his fault. He’s doing his best with a legacy squad and a couple of decent additions. I strongly believe he’ll win the cup on Sunday. I really think he’s got this. Surely then you need to tip your hat to the guy

Edited by JimmyCant

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I take it there's been a name change to support your second sentence?

When Stendel was in place Bongo was fine imo.. but since Robbie came in.. he’s lost it.

especially bizarre given Robbie is one of our biggest own, played for the club for years, scored in arguably our best away win in Europe, saved us from national humiliation and won us a cup in 2006, got us promoted above rangers and hibs at the first time of asking, finished third, had us second when he left and in this spell has won 9 of 11 competitive fixtures with 2 * 6 goal victories so far..

it’s utterly bizarre behaviour and a shite way to behave ..

Byyy The Light
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

When Stendel was in place Bongo was fine imo.. but since Robbie came in.. he’s lost it.

especially bizarre given Robbie is one of our biggest own, played for the club for years, scored in arguably our best away win in Europe, saved us from national humiliation and won us a cup in 2006, got us promoted above rangers and hibs at the first time of asking, finished third, had us second when he left and in this spell has won 9 of 11 competitive fixtures with 2 * 6 goal victories so far..

He’s at the wind up. Has to be.

Stop acknowledging it and he’ll stop. 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

When fans return, NeIlson could do what Redknapp did once with a critic behind his dugout. And invite Bongo into the changing room at half  to talk to the players.

Gorgie Boot boy
19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I believe it is an image issue with some people on here.

Robbie was the only real choice to take us forward after a terrible run of performances from  football players to coaches and of course the Hearts board.

The lad has one of the best records for decades as a manager, shameful behavior and interference within the football club sent him on a different route to MK Dons.

His experience in managing them and D Utd has given him the rest stuff for our football club right now.

No one is perfect in most walks of life, we have a Hearts Legend as a manager who knows what it is all about.

It may of been missed in all the snotters tears but we have escaped that shitefest SPL, have time to put together a decent if not great football side.

Re group and bring everything together,the football club is set up for success we have the best of everything.

Sunday gives us the chance to put some silverware into our clubs trophy cabinet.

Come on to  Bongo **** man, get behind your football team.

Who cares what the score is, we are Hearts we are here.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

19 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

He’s at the wind up. Has to be.

Stop acknowledging it and he’ll stop. 

He clearly had an in with Daniel, he's been hinting at it all over the shop. The boy's fallen for his charms and can't get past him, isn't interested in even trying to get behind the Hearts manager. 

Byyy The Light
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He clearly had an in with Daniel, he's been hinting at it all over the shop. The boy's fallen for his charms and can't get past him, isn't interested in even trying to get behind the Hearts manager. 

It's very weird behavior for anyone over the age of 12 if that's the case.

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The funniest part is.

Danny would disagree, he knows he was doomed to fail.

Not because of Hearts league position, he knew that Scottish football has a bent leadership.

19 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

This neilson is letting hibs win another cup chat is crazy. Shouldn’t we blame Gerrard, Mciness and Lennon too? 

It was crazy first time too 

Celtics fixture pile up has been dealt another blow with St Mirren cup win and St Mirren scorer was given a confidence boost from Celtic supporting uncle and St Mirren scorer was a fan of Gerrard when he was a player for Liverpool. 

Is that a full house?

On 17/12/2020 at 13:39, Greedy Jambo said:

Robbie reinforced his legendary status with that Alloa result. 

Will he be forgiven if we win Sunday or will someone else get the praise for it?

For certain sections of our support, no doubt it will be because Celtic are gash or Levein who signed the players.

If we win on Sunday his “legendary” status will no longer be ironic 

On 17/12/2020 at 18:28, Riccarton3 said:

When fans return, NeIlson could do what Redknapp did once with a critic behind his dugout. And invite Bongo into the changing room at half  to talk to the players.

perfect scenario. 🤣🤣 

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Will he be forgiven if we win Sunday or will someone else get the praise for it?

For certain sections of our support, no doubt it will be because Celtic are gash or Levein who signed the players.

If we win on Sunday his “legendary” status will no longer be ironic 

Ask me after the game. 

SectionDJambo
On 17/12/2020 at 18:18, AC Mallin_51 said:

This neilson is letting hibs win another cup chat is crazy. Shouldn’t we blame Gerrard, Mciness and Lennon too? 

Any mention from the guys who still bring this up, that he actually stopped Hibs winning this Scottish Cup? Whatever happens on Sunday, they aren't winning it.

Can you imagine the last couple of months, from some Hearts fans, if we had lost to Hibs and had had to wait this long to see if Celtic could get it together enough to stop a very rare Hibs Scottish Cup win.

It would have been uncomfortable for all of us, made worst by the constant stream of angst by some of us.

On the other hand, Hibs must be very uncomfortable about the prospect of Hearts managing a famous victory.

Daily Record have their finger on the pulse, 

The Lichties visit Tynecastle on Boxing Day and even though he’s less than 24 hours from a shot at a first major trophy as a manager, Neilson is putting that on the back burner in order to run the rule over the part-timers.

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Daily Record have their finger on the pulse, 

The Lichties visit Tynecastle on Boxing Day and even though he’s less than 24 hours from a shot at a first major trophy as a manager, Neilson is putting that on the back burner in order to run the rule over the part-timers.

Dearie me. Are there no honest men at the Daily Record?