*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

It's certainly a 'major trophy'. 

It is indeed. 

21 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Easy one for me. I’d prefer Livvy or ST J to both of them of course but Anyone that stops Hibs is fine by me.

Bloody infuriating how this tournament has panned out.

Absolutely 

• Replies 63.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The longer rangers go without winning a trophy, then great.

For me the missed opportunity following such a piss poor exit is galling. This will be compounded if Hibs go on to win it.

Winning the big cup will give us bragging rights though regardless of who wins the wee one

16 minutes ago, Candy said:

Livi v st J in the final

2000 fans allowed in

Tickets available on the day 

🤣🤣🤣🤣. So very true as well

What a shame. Rangers get pumped oot by a wee team with no money but focus turns to Hearts major trophy haul which we all know had a 36 year drought. Probably for large swathes of that trophies were not expected. How did we survive?

It could have been the League Cup that ended that drought and 2006 and 2012 could have been League Cups. Then we would have no Scottish Cup since 56.

19 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Better than 57/58 league or indeed any of our other league titles? As scottish champions  of course. Your opinion is daft.

We won those titles from a position of strength and favouritism with a team built for the purpose I’m not knocking them at all but IMO when you win something against all odds from such a low base, it’s a greater achievement.

Leicester winning the league or Man City winning the same league a year later. What was the greater achievement ?

Edited by JimmyCant

Gorgie Boot boy

Crazy place this. People are keen to get into all the chat regarding the Betfred Cup.

Not really bothered about it though or this weeks Scottish Cup Final.

Cough. Really ?

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

St Johnstone are the vermin’s bogey team.  No problem for the Saints

May and O'Halloran. Like taking candy from a bairn. Unbeaten st ER since about 2010

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

May and O'Halloran. Like taking candy from a bairn. Unbeaten st ER since about 2010

yep.  Their arses will be like broken catflaps for this one. That’s not the draw they would of wanted

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We won those titles from a position of strength and favouritism with a team built for the purpose I’m not knocking them at all but IMO when you win something against all odds from such a low base, it’s a greater achievement.

Leicester winning the league or Man City winning the same league a year later. What was the greater achievement ?

Sorry but if we win the Cup it will not remotely compare with our 57/58 or 59/60 league championships. It really won't.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Are Hibs not similarly unbeaten in Perth?

Neutral venue,  draw.

Livingston have been rather impressive. St Mirren less so in the group. 

Funny old game 

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Sorry but if we win the Cup it will not remotely compare with our 57/58 or 59/60 league championships. It really won't.

Indeed. No comparison.  Whole league campaigns, 132 goals. Champions. 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Are Hibs not similarly unbeaten in Perth?

Neutral venue,  draw.

Livingston have been rather impressive. St Mirren less so in the group. 

Funny old game 

It is. In truth, all 4 could win it. 

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but if we'd have beaten Alloa, would we have been playing this midweek, a few days before a final? No thanks. 

Really couldn't care who wins it, as long as it is not Hibs. We've got bigger things to he worrying about anyway. I would not swap our game on Sunday for a spot in the remaining 4 of the Betfred Cup. As much as I'd like to win the Betfred Cup, Scottish Cup is the more important one imo. 

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Livi v St Mirren

Hibs v St Johnstone

****ing depressing. 

Our record in the league Cup is truly embarrassing. 

I enter the lc with zero expectations. If we aren't getting papped out by nonsense teams, we're getting papped in finals from team like St Mirren. 

No wins in almost 60 years is ****ing ridiculous. 

Look at that possible run to a final. 

Alloa, Hibs, St Johnstone. Ffs. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Just seen that result. 

Rangers 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just goes to show what can happen out of the BLUE then.

SectionDJambo

I have to say, that I think, although I’m still arguing with myself, that the possibility of Hibs winning the League Cup is of much less concern to me than my hope and desire that we win the Championship this season. That is the only vital thing for Hearts this season.

We stopped them winning the Scottish Cup, which is the main knockout tournament in Scotland. If they were in the final on Sunday, I think many of us would be concerned that Celtic would allow them the win. Now that chance has fallen to us. There will be many Hibs fans who are concerned that we could win.

I also believe, given past behaviour from them, that Hibs fans would happily settle for Hearts not being promoted this season, and them not winning either of this season’s cup competitions.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

We’ve missed our on a chance of playing these *******s again and winning this this trophy for the first time in most of our lives. You know who will be getting the blame if they win it. 

Oh Sweet Jesus are some people seriously preparing to blame Robbie Neilson for Hibs winning the LC this season if they do it?

Edited by ToqueJambo

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Hibs, Livi, St Mirren & St Johnstone - this has to be the worst league cup campaign of all time surely? 

Mickey Mouse cup anyway. Or so I’ve been told. Our record pi$$es me off in this cup.

F*****g Alloa? We should be beating with our second string players. 😩

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, weehammy said:

It’s not just the no wins in 60 years, we’ve also only made two losing final appearances in that time. Aberdeen’s total league cup final appearances are more than double ours. Our record is truly appalling, especially since we owned the league cup during the fifties and very early sixties.

Yip. 

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

They struggled to get past Alloa.

For me, I want us to win the Cup.  After that, I couldn't give a toss which of these 4 clubs which all voted to expel us wins the league cup.  Preferably not Hibs but don't really care.

Pretty much where I am, doug. 

If Hearts are Scottish Cup winners I won't give a hoot who wins the League Cup. 

Genuinely don't think Hibs will win it, regardless. 

5 minutes ago, weehammy said:

It’s not just the no wins in 60 years, we’ve also only made two losing final appearances in that time. Aberdeen’s total league cup final appearances are more than double ours. Our record is truly appalling, especially since we owned the league cup during the fifties and very early sixties.

An uncle of mine was at that final in 62. He's now 81. 

Pasquale for King

Not sure if Jim Goodwin is that thick but he seems to think they’re in the money, I don’t think any of the four years will be banking on any big windfall from getting to the semi BCD 😆

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Oh Sweet Jesus are some people seriously preparing to blame Robbie Neilson for Hibs winning the LC this season if they do it?

I would guarantee it I’m afraid, plane banner at the ready. 

2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

My dad went with my uncle. I was ten and already going to Tynecastle but my dad felt that any games in Glasgow were less safe so wouldn’t take me. So, like most Hearts supporters, I’m still waiting to see a league cup win.

yeah, me too. Btw I was just checking that 62 game on wiki and the whole Kilmarnock team that day have past on.  

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

****ing depressing. 

Our record in the league Cup is truly embarrassing. 

I enter the lc with zero expectations. If we aren't getting papped out by nonsense teams, we're getting papped in finals from team like St Mirren. 

No wins in almost 60 years is ****ing ridiculous. 

Look at that possible run to a final. 

Alloa, Hibs, St Johnstone. Ffs. 

If we had beaten Alloa we wouldn't have got Hibs in the next round. Teams were listed alphabetically so we wouldn't have had the same number that Alloa had.

Your point stands though.

2 hours ago, Candy said:

Really? Never noticed that . Why not? They still managed to attack the team bus.

Its not about the fans though. Its the players mentality 

Yes and the players mentality will bot be affected by wether Rangers lost last night or not

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, graygo said:

If we had beaten Alloa we wouldn't have got Hibs in the next round. Teams were listed alphabetically so we wouldn't have had the same number that Alloa had.

Your point stands though.

Yeah, you are correct, I knew that. 

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

League, Europe, Scottish Cup all b4 League Cup

Okay, maybe they were getting really big ideas and going for a Quadruple (ha!) - but you can't do that without winning the first part, the League Cup. Yes, of course the LC is the least prestigious, but it's part of a bigger narrative - hence the fuss about Celtic's Treble Treble (hopefully not to be extended on Sunday). You can tell Gerrard's hurting from his extensive post match comments.

Guest ToqueJambo

2 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

What a shame. Rangers get pumped oot by a wee team with no money but focus turns to Hearts major trophy haul which we all know had a 36 year drought. Probably for large swathes of that trophies were not expected. How did we survive?

It could have been the League Cup that ended that drought and 2006 and 2012 could have been League Cups. Then we would have no Scottish Cup since 56.

The young 'uns have been spoiled by 2 SCs in 15 years, plus coming very close to a third in 18/19. A lot of clubs win nothing of note their entire history. It would be magic to win more cups but for some perspective, of the bigger English clubs outwith the top 5 or 6 (our version of the OF who tend to share out most of the honours), Newcastle are a massive club all things considered and they've not won anything since 1955. Everton have one FA Cup in 25 years. Leeds Utd won the league 28 years ago. Southampton have one FA Cup to show for the last 45 years, and it's about the same for West Ham. A massive club like Spurs has 3 cups since 1990.

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

An uncle of mine was at that final in 62. He's now 81. 

As was I and still drying oot. (not quite your uncle's age though)

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Just seen that result. 

Rangers 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Dallas got injured in his warm up no wonder they didnt get their dodgy pen 🤔

1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

As was I and still drying oot. (not quite your uncle's age though)

It wasn't the greatest of games Jim but we pretty much took wining trophies for granted in that era.  By the time we were 16, Hearts had won two leagues, the Cup and 4 league cups.

Been lean pickings since but 3 Scottish Cups and a few decent runs at the league since the mid 80s hasn't been too bad.

Another SC win on Sunday will make it 4 in 22 years which isn't that bad.  Our neighbours win it once every century.

Our record in the league cup really is a tad depressing. We really have blew some decent opportunities in the past so assuming we had beaten Alloa I’d say we were far from a shoe in. The final against st Mirren is the obvious one but didn’t we lose a semi to them 10 year or so ago? Then not to mention the second semi against Cally 😩

23 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Our record in the league cup really is a tad depressing. We really have blew some decent opportunities in the past so assuming we had beaten Alloa I’d say we were far from a shoe in. The final against st Mirren is the obvious one but didn’t we lose a semi to them 10 year or so ago? Then not to mention the second semi against Cally 😩

We've meekly raised the white flag in quite a few LC semis. Some at ER, Fir Park and Hampden.

Its an appaling record

5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The young 'uns have been spoiled by 2 SCs in 15 years, plus coming very close to a third in 18/19. A lot of clubs win nothing of note their entire history. It would be magic to win more cups but for some perspective, of the bigger English clubs outwith the top 5 or 6 (our version of the OF who tend to share out most of the honours), Newcastle are a massive club all things considered and they've not won anything since 1955. Everton have one FA Cup in 25 years. Leeds Utd won the league 28 years ago. Southampton have one FA Cup to show for the last 45 years, and it's about the same for West Ham. A massive club like Spurs has 3 cups since 1990.

Im not trying to be narky to you TJ but it’s a different scenario down there and we should’nt be looking for excuses. Hearts are the 3rd biggest club in Scotland. 

There’s Hearts fans out there though, who like to use that as some kind of elevated status to shove in others faces. But maybe let’s win more trophies, not have barren runs of 36 years without a trophy and really rubber stamp that position in the pecking order with silverware to create a proper gap from our nearest rivals.....not shout about new stands , restaurants etc....seems a bit lame.  

I often say to people that miss the point what do they think gave Hearts its position in the game, certainly post war? The 50s, 60s period was setting a standard. It hasn’t been met since but it should still be the barometer and some have tried.  

19 minutes ago, Candy said:

We've meekly raised the white flag in quite a few LC semis. Some at ER, Fir Park and Hampden.

Its an appaling record

On a side note that greasy **** mikel arteta was a cheating ******* in one of those games at Hampden

Hope he gets his p45 on Xmas Eve

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Ffs forgot about that sf v ICT. 😭😭😭

We really should give up on the lc. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

Is Neilson jinxed on cups?  Could he have let hibs have their next trophy

We've not even played hibs in the lc this season ya chicken nugget. 

He just beat hibs and knocked them out in the sc sf 6 weeks ago. 

Away and eat cat some cat shite with that patter. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Leicester, but Leicester winning the fa Cup over man City winning the league is not even close in comparison. 

Your point is valid, but league over a cup everyday of the week. 

Given our relative situation, this cup win would be fantastic and quite a shock in general. 

However, Winning the league is always more prestigious than a cup win, it has to by the very nature of the tournament. 

Not even bothered by this. I’m resigned to us doing f.a in the league cup. It’s a bit frustrating that Hibs route to winning a trophy could be Dundee, Alloa, St J and Livvy. 2 lower league teams and two bottom 6 teams. They can only beat who’s in front of them tbf. 

IF they did, would I swap 98,06 and 2012 for their recent cup wins? No chance. 

8 hours ago, martoon said:

Pretty much where I am, doug. 

If Hearts are Scottish Cup winners I won't give a hoot who wins the League Cup. 

Genuinely don't think Hibs will win it, regardless. 

This

If we win Sunday and are promoted at seasons end who really gives a tinkers cuss about the league cup?