*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

ICT are second bottom but they have so many games in hand it probably doesn't mean much. By the look of last nights stats they were unlucky not to get something out of the game.

Looks like it's going to be a 'transition' season for ICT. 

But could be quite funny them taking points off all our competitors.

Edited by Mikey1874

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Horatio Caine
37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looks like it's going to be a 'transition' season for ICT. 

But could be quite funny them taking points off all our competitors.

Here's hoping!

16 hours ago, graygo said:

Watching the Celtic v Aberdeen game (no idea why) and just seen the most blatant handball penalty not given by the referee. 

Do I need to point out that it would have been against the Celtic player?

Just watched it and not a penalty for me.  I actually do think Kamberi played it against his hand deliberately - he's certainly the type to do so!  Hands by side, ball 2 yards away, not much defender can do.

And in watching that 30 seconds, I just realised that's the first non-Hearts Scottish football I've seen this season! 

4 hours ago, theshed said:

Regards rangers and Celtic I’d rather Celtic came within a point or two from catching rangers but still lost the league.

As has been said Celtic fans gave the league up weeks ago so I’d rather they got their hopes up again before getting let down 

Imagine being a Celtic fan losing the league by a couple of points knowing you got beat at home St. mirren or drawing with Livingston, even the time hibs scored at the end to make it 1-1 

I want Celtic fans to feel to pain 

I would like Rangers to win the league on goal difference. Ideally Celtic would be on top of the league going into injury time on the last day.

Then boom!

Hopefully it's a retaken penalty for a foul that was outside the box.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Just watched it and not a penalty for me.  I actually do think Kamberi played it against his hand deliberately - he's certainly the type to do so!  Hands by side, ball 2 yards away, not much defender can do.

And in watching that 30 seconds, I just realised that's the first non-Hearts Scottish football I've seen this season! 

It's a grey area that needs cleared up but "hands by side" is not enough according to the rules, the arms must be inside the body line which is why you see players with their arms folded in front or clasped behind their body these days. Kind of makes sense as your arms should have no part to play in the game.

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

It's a grey area that needs cleared up but "hands by side" is not enough according to the rules, the arms must be inside the body line which is why you see players with their arms folded in front or clasped behind their body these days. Kind of makes sense as your arms should have no part to play in the game.

Players should have them amputated on signing professional terms. Problem solved. 

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Players should have them amputated on signing professional terms. Problem solved. 

Then they'd never sign for anyone else Dave 😃

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Yeah but there's also little mentions of "natural body shape" isn't there?  Oh I duno, I've lost track.

That's an old-fashioned not a hand ball in my book.  Unless it was at the other end of the pitch, in which case we all realise and accept it'd be a penalty, nothing to see here, move on, lets treat the teams like we do the OF like Stevie and Neil say.... etc

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Joel pereira signed under those terms. 

50 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah but there's also little mentions of "natural body shape" isn't there?  Oh I duno, I've lost track.

That's an old-fashioned not a hand ball in my book.  Unless it was at the other end of the pitch, in which case we all realise and accept it'd be a penalty, nothing to see here, move on, lets treat the teams like we do the OF like Stevie and Neil say.... etc

It should be easy... if a ball hits a hand, anywhere in the box - penalty. Doesn't matter if it's intentional or not, if you're picking your nose, scratching your arse, down by your side, on the deck pushing yourself up -  if it hits you forearm/hand it should be a penalty. Easy. Everybody would know where they stand.

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

It should be easy... if a ball hits a hand, anywhere in the box - penalty. Doesn't matter if it's intentional or not, if you're picking your nose, scratching your arse, down by your side, on the deck pushing yourself up -  if it hits you forearm/hand it should be a penalty. Easy. Everybody would know where they stand.

Know what, this was always my view - really thought this was the simplest way to do it.  Problem you have is you get all the issues you had down south, it's penalty after penalty, and it actually didn't seem "fair".  Don't know what I think of that now, to be honest.

And you will get cheeky pricks like Kamberi intentionally knocking the ball off someone's hand if it's dangling there.  And I hate that defending with arms behind the back bullshit too!

"I don't know" is my final word on this!

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Know what, this was always my view - really thought this was the simplest way to do it.  Problem you have is you get all the issues you had down south, it's penalty after penalty, and it actually didn't seem "fair".  Don't know what I think of that now, to be honest.

And you will get cheeky pricks like Kamberi intentionally knocking the ball off someone's hand if it's dangling there.  And I hate that defending with arms behind the back bullshit too!

"I don't know" is my final word on this!

...as long as you stand by that!

St Johnstone absolutely rogered Motherwell today.   Unbelievable form they are in.    Callum Davidson has them well organised.   Turning out to be the next best young manager at the moment.   All that's in the way is winning the league Cup final.   I have to say I used to think he was an awful player.   Beginners luck perhaps plus got a good blend and balance of players.   I have taken notice and respect him for his work thus far. 

Bazzas right boot
On 18/02/2021 at 14:49, Rogue Daddy said:

I think with VAR they are missing a trick.

Anything hit with x amount of yards, say 3 yards is not a pk. VAR can clear that up easy. It would save a lot of debate.

If the ball floats in 30 yards and hit a hand , not many folk debate. VAR could clear that up easily if there was a rule.

I don't think any ball to hand is a penalty tbh.

I'm gonna say that we are a season away from shorts with pockets so defenders put their hand in the pockets and if the ball hits the arm they can point to that. If tthier hand is out of the pocket it will be a pk, if inside not a pk. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

manaliveits105

I see the vermin got their usual weekly dodgy decision when ref changed his mind from yellow to red when Hamilton had been on top 

it’s unbelievable how many points these decisions have got them this season

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

I see the vermin got their usual weekly dodgy decision when ref changed his mind from yellow to red when Hamilton had been on top 

it’s unbelievable how many points these decisions have got them this season

Correct.. Boyle conning the ref for that red

29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Rangers have played with good intent and energy. It feels like watching a league decider. 

United could have been 3-0 up. 

4-0 now, For all the goals that they have scored and the praise the defence has been getting, McGregor has fairly played his part this season.

3 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

Kamara has to be a snip at £50k

I'm sure big Craig tried to buy him right at the end a a January transfer window.

What might have been, eh:whistling:

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

I'm thinking Celtic are trying to avoid Rangers clinching the title at Celtic Park 🤔

You could be on to something. Who do they play next?

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I'm thinking Celtic are trying to avoid Rangers clinching the title at Celtic Park 🤔

Chick was salivating over that possibility today

1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

You could be on to something. Who do they play next?

Aberdeen at home,  DU away then Rangers at home.

Rangers have Livi away and St Mirren at home before it.

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

not sure they fancy given them a guard of honour either 😂

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

not sure they fancy given them a guard of honour either 😂

From 2019

Neil Lennon, the Celtic manager, has hit out at Rangers’ decision not to give his team a guard of honour tomorrow, when the Glasgow clubs will contest their last derby of the season.

Could be fun 😁

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

From 2019

Neil Lennon, the Celtic manager, has hit out at Rangers’ decision not to give his team a guard of honour tomorrow, when the Glasgow clubs will contest their last derby of the season.

Could be fun 😁

:Gok: 

5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

From 2019

Could be fun 😁

Never happened , fake news 😜