Boycott Away Grounds.

maroonlegions

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Only due to nearly £20m from fans and benefactors. If the £8m figure is correct how much has Budge sticking with Levein going to end up costing us in total. 

That's a fair point, but if we hadn't hadn't had those funding sources, we wouldn't have spent the money, we wouldn't have put ourselves into debt that we couldn't afford to manage, so we most likely wouldn't have a new main stand if it wasn't for benefactors contributing to the cost.

I'm not saying that Ann Budge has done everything right, there are a lot of plus points and also many minus points, but whatever she has done, has never put us in the sort of financial troubles that seemed to be a recurring theme over various previous regimes.

And I will agree with you that the money that has come into the club, both from benefactors and fans, should have delivered more than it has done.  We certainly should never have been fighting a relegation battle, we should never have been near to that.  I do however believe that Ann has woken up to that fact, that she put too much faith in Craig Levein and did not act quickly enough to change things when it became clear that it wasn't working. 

We've now made changes, I think those are positive changes, bringing Robbie back as manager and JJ back in an advisory role.  It remains to be seen how things pan out, but I'm optimistic, some might say a hopeless optimist, but I don't care, I believe optimism is a much better state of mind than pessimism. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

No difficulty for me giving away grounds a miss. Spent £64 last derby straight into Hibs' coffers. Worth every penny (it was a braw victory), but ... never again!

Chances are that by the time we next meet up with THIS shower of miscreants their stadium will be converted into self-storage units. Look!!! They've already made a start!

Compare and contrast with Tynecastle.

Nah, nae mair propping up nasty wee clubs ... and to think that we've had such great relationships with the likes of Raith Rovers whose previous chief exec (R.I.P.) was a stalwart? Keep the maroon pound where it belongs.

Ps ... Turnbull Hutton, who stood up for what is right, will be turning in his grave. Bless him.

20200727_225318.jpg

20200727_225206.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

1 hour ago, Felix Lighter said:

I look forward to the SMSM "squealing like pigs" when Hearts fans, en masse, exercise their right to vote with their feet and refuse to fund the clubs that shafted HMFC.

FTSPFL FTSFA

Remember the hearts crowd are not saints 😇

Karma indeed

image.png.06ec0717b249795b343cd242bc30d019.png.08a8d32e8513286f9747690c328142e4.png

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, RobNox said:

That's a fair point, but if we hadn't hadn't had those funding sources, we wouldn't have spent the money, we wouldn't have put ourselves into debt that we couldn't afford to manage, so we most likely wouldn't have a new main stand if it wasn't for benefactors contributing to the cost.

I'm not saying that Ann Budge has done everything right, there are a lot of plus points and also many minus points, but whatever she has done, has never put us in the sort of financial troubles that seemed to be a recurring theme over various previous regimes.

And I will agree with you that the money that has come into the club, both from benefactors and fans, should have delivered more than it has done.  We certainly should never have been fighting a relegation battle, we should never have been near to that.  I do however believe that Ann has woken up to that fact, that she put too much faith in Craig Levein and did not act quickly enough to change things when it became clear that it wasn't working. 

We've now made changes, I think those are positive changes, bringing Robbie back as manager and JJ back in an advisory role.  It remains to be seen how things pan out, but I'm optimistic, some might say a hopeless optimist, but I don't care, I believe optimism is a much better state of mind than pessimism. 

Agree with all of that, she is far better than the others we’ve had but there was some great times,and extreme lows, with Mercer/Robinson/Romanov, which apart from the Championship win and a dozen great results we haven’t had under Budge.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

No difficulty for me giving away grounds a miss. Spent £64 last derby straight into Hibs' coffers. Worth every penny (it was a braw victory), but ... never again!

Chances are that by the time we next meet up with THIS shower of miscreants their stadium will be converted into self-storage units. Look!!! They've already made a start!

Compare and contrast with Tynecastle.

Nah, nae mair propping up nasty wee clubs ... and to think that we've had such great relationships with the likes of Raith Rovers whose previous chief exec (R.I.P.) was a stalwart? Keep the maroon pound where it belongs.

20200727_225318.jpg

20200727_225206.jpg

I’m struggling to think of why that garage door is that height and what goes in there, great post though 👍🏽

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agree with all of that, she is far better than the others we’ve had but there was some great times,and extreme lows, with Mercer/Robinson/Romanov, which apart from the Championship win and a dozen great results we haven’t had under Budge.

She isn't the manager at the end of the day. She took too long to fire Levein and that is probably her worst managerial related mark against her name. 

Neilston was a success 

Cathro was a Levein project

Levein was a mess

Stendel we will never know how it wouldve panned out. 

Every manager has been backed to the hilt though. Can't ask for too much more than that from a chairperson. 

12 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

idiot hearts fans? For supporting their team. Don’t talk shite. 

No that's not what would make them idiots. What a silly thing to suggest.

4 hours ago, Tito5195 said:

lot of shite boycott away ground a complete nonsense of an argument yes it wasn’t fair i agree but in all honesty no dought in my mind we were goin down anyway we were shite last year let’s get begingmd the team and stop all this boycott away games nonsense it’s bullshit move on it’s the only way

Dought? **** me.

Definitely a Hobo.

The FoH statement was a very angry one, a very well written angry statement. I would hope that anger transpires into support for some sort of facility to donate potential away ticket money into the FoH instead of attending away matches. I also hope the club work with the fans to ensure we can watch as many away games as possible which would discourage any fans travelling. 

On the point that the team would need our support. Sorry but if our side needs 1500 hearts fans to beat Alloa then we are really ****ed. Ram tynie every second week and ram the Gorgie pubs and establishments in between. Not a penny should go to any club or community that isn’t our own. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The FoH statement was a very angry one, a very well written angry statement. I would hope that anger transpires into support for some sort of facility to donate potential away ticket money into the FoH instead of attending away matches. I also hope the club work with the fans to ensure we can watch as many away games as possible which would discourage any fans travelling. 

On the point that the team would need our support. Sorry but if our side needs 1500 hearts fans to beat Alloa then we are really ****ed. Ram tynie every second week and ram the Gorgie pubs and establishments in between. Not a penny should go to any club or community that isn’t our own. 

There’s already a mechanism for one off donations to FoH. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Homme said:

She isn't the manager at the end of the day. She took too long to fire Levein and that is probably her worst managerial related mark against her name. 

Neilston was a success 

Cathro was a Levein project

Levein was a mess

Stendel we will never know how it wouldve panned out. 

Every manager has been backed to the hilt though. Can't ask for too much more than that from a chairperson. 

She was quick to sack Cathro and Stendel, her blind faith in Levein is her biggest mistake and has cost the club untold millions unfortunately, money that we contributed and donated by benefactors. She still doesn’t understand football and we need someone who does to run the most important of the business, she will need to lean on Neilson and Jeffries to choose that person.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Absolutely 👍🏽

10 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Ban away fans from Tynecastle (or minimum allocation) i don’t want Celtic Rangers etc laughing at us in our ground, if we are not attending away games it has to work both ways

Unlikely to play the ugly sisters or those from Fester Road so let’s just do that - ban or significantly reduce away fans’ allocation at Tynie whilst boycotting away games and instead gather outside & sing til our hearts’ content (no pun intended) 

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely 👍🏽

1 minute ago, BigGavC said:

Unlikely to play the ugly sisters or those from Fester Road so let’s just do that - ban or significantly reduce away fans’ allocation at Tynie whilst boycotting away games and instead gather outside & sing til our hearts’ content (no pun intended) 

47 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Good points well put. 

2 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

This thread is hoaching. I will not spend another penny on an away day for the foreseeable.

And no need to. Keep the maroon pound where it belongs; and, for all the naysayers who are ever so quick to put Hearts down, here is just one wee reminder ...

4 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Probably watching Hibs!

Nah, it would be HOME games at Fester Road for THAT 'un. Ooops! I almost forgot ... doesnae attend games; just spouts mysoginistic pish frae behind his keyboard ... when he's allowed oot for the day, that is ... allegedly ... 😉

8 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Dought? **** me.

Definitely a Hobo.

all lower case and absolutely no punctuation either, definitely a hobo, or some other kind of ******

MarkDevriesScores4

Personally, I’ll not be going near an away ground or hampden for years.

im not giving another penny to other clubs or the SFA.

ill support hearts from gorgie which is where my money will be spent.

17 hours ago, Gambo said:

I think the club have plans to open up suites for ALL games next season.

May be a bit cold at times but we have concourses as well that you could but seats down and screens up, sell booze from kiosks.

5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

May be a bit cold at times but we have concourses as well that you could but seats down and screens up, sell booze from kiosks.

Many of our away games will be Friday night picks for BBC.

buzzbomb1958
9 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Dought? **** me.

Definitely a Hobo.

Yip he reeks of vermin about time the mods got the pest control services in

9 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Many of our away games will be Friday night picks for BBC.

As long as the new normal in the way alcohol is sold isnt loss making, I'd rather be at Tynecastle with a few pals than sitting in the house.

alex young hero

I think a lot of us are full of good intentions ie stay away from these grounds ,but my feeling is when push comes to shove and we have the chance of putting six past Raith Rovers at Starks Park temptation will be too much.

5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

As long as the new normal in the way alcohol is sold isnt loss making, I'd rather be at Tynecastle with a few pals than sitting in the house.

Yep, me too.

BRING_BACK_MO_BERTHA

This action really is a must in my view. Whether it is 100% followed is not the point. The club must be seen to make this point and not purchase ANY tickets for resale. This forces the away team to either sell tickets direct (costing them money up front) or offer cash gates (likely higher police costs due to uncertainty). 

A small number of fans with flags / banners highlighting the spfl or Doncaster hate or even sponsors flags would be a way of getting message across / making more money for us.

Similarly for home games I would not be giving away fans an allocation / token allocation...that ensures the selfish chairman may end up doing similar at their grounds and make it easier to harm them money wise anyway.

Cup matches are different due to shared money and minimum away allocation rules so those games should stay as normal...

HHGH

buzzbomb1958
11 minutes ago, alex young hero said:

I think a lot of us are full of good intentions ie stay away from these grounds ,but my feeling is when push comes to shove and we have the chance of putting six past Raith Rovers at Starks Park temptation will be too much.

I have faith in my fellow Jambos we have no choice but to make these clubs suffer it was them who fired the first shots, but we will go nuclear and wipe the clubs out who crossed us

Chuck Berry
22 minutes ago, alex young hero said:

That's why there needs to be an update ahead of every away game reminding fans how each club voted in this debacle, with added media comments where they exist.

19 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hopefully there on your own. 

Surely a boycott of other teams is childish? The last thing the Scottish game needs in fact.

heartandsoul
35 minutes ago, alex young hero said:

No chance will I set foot into that ground. Not a single penny to that shower.

16 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Shame on anyone lining the pockets of the clubs who have ****ed us. 

Throwing all our toys out the pram is a better idea then? I understand that people are hurting, but what good can come of fanning the flames?

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Soccer Saturday and Jeff would do on the screens for away game Sat 3pm kick offs.

14 minutes ago, BobbyCox said:

Surely a boycott of other teams is childish? The last thing the Scottish game needs in fact.

Who is worried about the Scottish game? If we help destroy it even better.

buzzbomb1958
Just now, BobbyCox said:

Throwing all our toys out the pram is a better idea then? I understand that people are hurting, but what good can come of fanning the flames?

Satisfaction in helping these clubs go to the wall 

10 hours ago, busby1985 said:

The exception to that would be ICT in my opinion.   The only away ground I would attend.

Won't go to Tynecastle but will go to away grounds and give money to club chairman who shafted us and their fans are laughing at us.....

No doubt Ayr United and their sexist, misogynistic and very likely one of the 3 'never vote anything that benefits Hearts or Inverness' chairman will be i8's first port of call.

SectionDJambo
9 minutes ago, BobbyCox said:

The last thing the Scottish game needs, is the current Scottish game.

Corrupt, self interested, frightened, subservient, spiteful and short sighted

6 minutes ago, BobbyCox said:

If by faning the flames it scorches some of these idiot clubs then well and good.  Only Hearts for me from now on.

Edited by Deevers

7 minutes ago, BobbyCox said:

It isn't about fanning flames, it is about not giving money to clubs that have chosen not to help the three relegated clubs when it was so easy for them to do so. A few of these clubs have voted because they wanted Hearts fans visiting to fill the coffers, they can shove that idea. 

I respect the decision of those who choose to attend, the same way I expect that same respect in return for choosing not to give funds to any club aside from Hearts. 

13 hours ago, Voxpop said:

I want to see as much disruption to the game from both our fans and the club.  Siege mentality, make attending tynecastle as an away fan as horrendous an experience as possible.  Remember those from the press and clubs that have wronged us as make their lives as difficult as possible.  The club should be as unaccomodating as possible to all clubs that have wronged us.  Treat the Mickey Mouse competitions with contempt and put out a boys team.  When we play Celtic before their major European games give them a real battle such that they limp in to these games.  Basically become a continued nightmare for the game.

Hurting Scottish football indirectly hurts Hearts in the end. We as a country need to strengthen our game, not tear it apart.

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, BobbyCox said:

Hurting Scottish football indirectly hurts Hearts in the end. We as a country need to strengthen our game, not tear it apart.

Ex Dundee player username?

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, BobbyCox said:

No offence, it's nothing personal, I dont know you, but you can ram your conciliatory bollocks.

We as a club need to make sure Scottish football knows ****ing with Hearts will never be an easy option.

To all those wishing to reward the clubs who shafted us....read Anns latest statement, there is a war to be won.

Do you think  you financing the other side will help us win the war?

Ex member of the SaS
31 minutes ago, BobbyCox said:

Wrong! The clubs who wronged us did so with glee, they will be the ones to suffer. As for Scottish football it has everything to gain from getting rid of teams that can't support themselves. Teams who rely on away fans and the OF pound have too much say and power over big teams. The voting system has allowed these teams to opportunity to harm a Premiership team and this should never happen.

Ex member of the SaS
27 minutes ago, ScoPo said:

The exception to that would be ICT in my opinion.   The only away ground I would attend.

I think it's been made clear they are the exception. I would suggest going back to the original vote and any club that backed ending the season should be black listed. Unfortunately I do not have the information at hand but I am sure someone could put up a list of those clubs who along with ICT wanted to dump the idea of ending the league.

13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Ex Dundee player username?

No coincidence  - he’s obviously crapping himself about the perilous state of his own club and their two faced American owner. Close to going to the wall if the stories coming out of Dundee are correct. 

Ex member of the SaS
22 minutes ago, BobbyCox said:

destroying the diddy clubs that shafted us will have zero effect on Hearts. In fact as I stated earlier the more diddy clubs that fold the better for Scottish football.

23 minutes ago, BobbyCox said:

Financially hurting scum like Dundee will not hurt Hearts in any way, shape or form 👍