Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

4 hours ago, Newton51 said:

O’Neill is going nowhere as done a great job to stay up at stoke comfortably. They were in the same mess as us at the time. 

when the wage costs were reduced, was it not the case that wages wouldn’t go down any further?

Reason i said about O’Neill was Stoke tried late on in January to get Washington, hadn’t heard if there final season position was as expected or if they wanted more.  Doesn’t English transfer window open today/this week and there new season is starting in September?

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Shows has committed to playing for us. He might be slow but he can deliver a set piece or score a banger. If he's allowed to play further advance and let someone tackle for him I'm going to say he'll get a combined total of 20 goals/assists for us this season.

Now that all the court/arbitration stuff is over I would like to start hearIng some of the players committing to the team for the new season.

Please, please, please can we get someone with a bit of fight about them for midfield. I’m sick of seeing opposition thugs running riot while our lot are clutching their ****ing handbags.

I hope they have applied themselves to the lockdown fitness program better than they applied themselves last season.

Half of them will come back 3 stone heavier.

Robbo-Jambo
4 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Think so too. Let’s be honest, it’ll be hard to convince anyone worth having to come and play in the Scottish first division starting in October.

This.

Its hardly an attractive proposition is it ?

Hectormasson
18 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

I'm afraid you have to invest to improve in football, if that doesn't happen we won't move forward. 

Correct 👍its just sad that many on here don't think that ? And we've got a huge supply of youngsters that will lead the way ?    We see where buying unknowns and the like got us? Half them still there .........we need some sort of investment in players " more so  after promotion again........🇱🇻🇶🇦🇱🇻🇶🇦🇱🇻🇶🇦🥰🇶🇦🥰🇶🇦

Jamboscanbevicius

I really hope that our signings are solid and "known quantities". Robbie brought in plenty of these first time round... Alexander, Gomis, etc. But he also brought in quite a few gambles (some like Pallardo were excellent, others like Anderson were poor). Although he won't set the heather alight, I would be happy with someone like Butcher who has a bit of dig and knows the league. We need a stronger spine to allow guys like Naismith and Walker room to play. A Suso-esque wide player with some fight would be good too!

7 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Correct 👍its just sad that many on here don't think that ? And we've got a huge supply of youngsters that will lead the way ?    We see where buying unknowns and the like got us? Half them still there .........we need some sort of investment in players " more so  after promotion again........🇱🇻🇶🇦🇱🇻🇶🇦🇱🇻🇶🇦🥰🇶🇦🥰🇶🇦

You need to speculate to accumulate...the problem has been shocking recruitment over the past 5 years... Recruitment has to be spot on, that's what needs sorted 1st.

3 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

I really hope that our signings are solid and "known quantities". Robbie brought in plenty of these first time round... Alexander, Gomis, etc. But he also brought in quite a few gambles (some like Pallardo were excellent, others like Anderson were poor). Although he won't set the heather alight, I would be happy with someone like Butcher who has a bit of dig and knows the league. We need a stronger spine to allow guys like Naismith and Walker room to play. A Suso-esque wide player with some fight would be good too!

They don't make many wingers like Suso.

If we get one with reasonable pace, skill and an end product I'll be delighted

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

You need to speculate to accumulate...the problem has been shocking recruitment over the past 5 years... Recruitment has to be spot on, that's what needs sorted 1st.

What you need to do is live within your means.

It is in an ideal world that recruitment will be spot on.  All signings are a gamble, some more than others, but even Fergie got a few wrong.   JJ recognises this adding that you have to get more right than wrong.

I reckon we’ll wait until the end of August/ start September for players who haven’t moved on or are no longer in their teams plans. 

With us not starting until October there’s no rush.

Whos staying that is on bigger wages? Am i right in saying I read Boyce is commited? Berra Halkett Souttar? 

We need to concentrate now on absolutely ****ing smashing our way through this division. 4 goals + every home game needs to happen. Again.

David McCaig
30 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

We have Haring, Lee, Irving, Cochrane, Clare and Conor Smith... we don’t need bang average 29 year olds who know lower league football

I'd say we need two players.  A holding midfielder to cover for/compete with Haring (need some insurance given how long he's been out), and a winger.  Aside from that, the squad's fine.  We should have more than enough to absolutely scoosh this year.  

I'm more worried about emptying the dross.  

3 minutes ago, Bellion said:

I'd say we need two players.  A holding midfielder to cover for/compete with Haring (need some insurance given how long he's been out), and a winger.  Aside from that, the squad's fine.  We should have more than enough to absolutely scoosh this year.  

We don't need a holding midfielder. we need a creative midfielder, we have been crying out for one. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Bellion said:

Agree,  cutting loose should be more important. Save the cash for next season 

Stendelnator
17 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Whos staying that is on bigger wages? Am i right in saying I read Boyce is commited? Berra Halkett Souttar? 

We need to concentrate now on absolutely ****ing smashing our way through this division. 4 goals + every home game needs to happen. Again.

Boyce said he wanted to play for Hearts. And that the relegation was irrelevant because he wanted to play here. Berra will be here. Naismith committed to playing in the championship. Haring will be here. There’s been a lot of silence from Washington, Smith and Clare. 

6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

We don't need a holding midfielder. we need a creative midfielder, we have been crying out for one. 

Nah, I reckon Lee is more than good enough for the Championship if he's interested in playing for us.  I think Irving has the makings of a real player too, but he'd benefit from someone next to him winning the ball.  Plus Connor Smith and Cochrane will hopefully get a bit more time.  I reckon we're fine there.  See what the kids + Lee can do this year, then focus on getting quality in next summer if we need it.    

Basically I want to see us boot Damour to whatever Sunday League side will take him and sign a replacement. 

Edited by Bellion

14 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

We need a ballwinner in MF.

Creative players are more likely to be creative if our team has the ball in the first place.

29 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Whilst I agree with you, I don't think it's imperative we get one now.

For that key position we want someone really good.  Someone really good isn't wanting to play in the Championship.

I say we piss this league with what we've got and go looking for quality when we're back in the Premier.

Jamboscanbevicius
46 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

We have Haring, Lee, Irving, Cochrane, Clare and Conor Smith... we don’t need bang average 29 year olds who know lower league football

Peter Haring was outstanding pre-injury, but he is unlikely to walk back in at that level. He will need time, and indeed may never get back to that level. If you take Haring out of the equation I would argue that every other player you've mentioned above needs the protection of a solid, hard working CM who can win the ball back and dominate the middle of the park. I haven't seen enough of Butcher to know if he is the right type, but I assume Robbie has.

One thing's for sure though. If we are as weak as last year in the middle of the park, we will struggle at times even in the Championship!

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Peter Haring was outstanding pre-injury, but he is unlikely to walk back in at that level. He will need time, and indeed may never get back to that level. If you take Haring out of the equation I would argue that every other player you've mentioned above needs the protection of a solid, hard working CM who can win the ball back and dominate the middle of the park. I haven't seen enough of Butcher to know if he is the right type, but I assume Robbie has.

One thing's for sure though. If we are as weak as last year in the middle of the park, we will struggle at times even in the Championship!

Could be an opportunity for Chris Hamilton to step forward into a holding role.

Ainsley Harriott
47 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Boyce said he wanted to play for Hearts. And that the relegation was irrelevant because he wanted to play here. Berra will be here. Naismith committed to playing in the championship. Haring will be here. There’s been a lot of silence from Washington, Smith and Clare. 

Would be sad to see smith go but couldn't care less if clare and Washington went

34 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We need a ballwinner in MF.

Creative players are more likely to be creative if our team has the ball in the first place.

So we need both then 

Stendelnator
8 minutes ago, Section Q said:

We'll be moving quite a few players on I'd imagine.....

I’m not convinced. We can’t force players out if they don’t want to go, and teams don’t have budgets for many signings. 

Rick Sanchez

Damour said he has no interest in playing in the championship. Just aswell we have no interest in seeing him in maroon again.

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Damour said he has no interest in playing in the championship. Just as well we have no interest in seeing him in maroon again.

Good.  Hopefully Uche, Clare and White feel the same.

Those 4 would clear a fair bit from the wage bill that'll need trimming.

I expect we'll get offers for Smith and Washington too.

44 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Could be an opportunity for Chris Hamilton to step forward into a holding role.

Thought for a while that might be where he ends up. If so, we need to start playing him there pronto.

1 minute ago, Le Chat said:

Good.  Hopefully Uche, Clare and White feel the same.

Those 4 would clear a fair bit from the wage bill that'll need trimming.

I expect we'll get offers for Smith and Washington too.

Quite like Clare and thought he was finding some form.  He's run riot for us this in the championship  I guess if it's about wages though he'll be gone.

Ainsley Harriott

Jamie Walker would be a good one to get shot of. Not sure what hes thinking but would happy see him walk

Why’s everyone wanting rid of Clare all of a sudden? He should probably be the first name on the team sheet.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Why’s everyone wanting rid of Clare all of a sudden? He should probably be the first name on the team sheet.

Dosh.

Ronald Villiers

I'm hoping that Robbie can get the best out of Lee.  He did well down at Gillingham apparently and might just be the midfielder we've been craving.  He lacks that wee bit pace and ability to track back at times but playing alongside Haring (if fit) or someone like Butcher will hopefully see him bring some creativity to the side.  He's also got a decent set piece and isn't scared to have a pop at goal.  

Clare was our best performer before the shut down, no way I want to see him go. He will be a great player in the Championship if he is fit and focused. 

Think I trust Robbie. Lets be honest, Hearts will still be a very appealing move for players regardless of the league we are in. 

OmiyaHearts

I'd be amazed if many senior players want to stay with us and play in a 27 game Championship. When the players are back next week, there could be quite a few asking for a move. 

Really not that  bothered about who leaves. I feel little connection with any of them.

aberhill jambo
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Correct 

aberhill jambo
33 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Damour said he has no interest in playing in the championship. Just aswell we have no interest in seeing him in maroon again.

Shocking player

7 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I'd be amazed if many senior players want to stay with us and play in a 27 game Championship. When the players are back next week, there could be quite a few asking for a move. 

Really not that  bothered about who leaves. I feel little connection with any of them.

Similar thoughts.

LarrysRightFoot
8 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Not sure. This (Covid) is nowhere near over - I get the feeling there won’t be crowds at games this season, maybe April/May.

We are a safer bet than most in terms of offering security for players. A lot of clubs may struggle financially this season. 

Robbo-Jambo
40 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Yeah, he can **** right off. 

Lazy, arrogant and a shi*e footballer. 

Bazzas right boot

Washington, smith I'd like them to stay but I think they'll go. 

Hickey I think will be sold but we'll have him on loan so Ben or White needs to go, I'd let Ben go, but not fussed either way. 

Clare, hope he stays, was improving rapidly and might even benefit from a season playing against lesser players to gain confidence and a bit of swagger. 

Uche, would probably be effective, but he's not very good so he can go. 

Lee, I like 

Haring needs cover in case of injuries. 

One of Bobby or Doyle will go. 

Damour can go. 

So imo

1 gk will go, no replacement needed. 

Hickey to go, but back on loan, no replacement. 

Uche to go, no replacement. 

Ben to go, no replacement. 

Washington to go, replace with another striker. 

Smith gone, needs replaced 

Plus 2 wide players and at least 1 cm midfielder. 

Gordon

Doyle 

Stone 

Brandon

1rb( Clare possibly, but I'd like a rb that can cover the centre as well). 

Hickey 

White

Berra

Souttar 

Halkett 

1 from the youth

Lee

Haring

1x  cm signing 

Irvine

Harry

Moore

Mcdonald 

Walker

2x winger signing 

Clare 

Boyce 

Naismith 

1x signing 

Get a few more youths in and about the team. Did I miss l Smith? 

That's a well trimmed down side but would pish the championship. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

27 game championship Tbh is irrelevant, it will be about the money for most. 

If they are getting paid then many will be fine with it. 

Rick Sanchez

It'd be a shame to lose Clare tbh. He could work with Neilson on his defensive positioning and could earn us a few bob.

Never thought I'd say that last year.

11 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Yeah, he can **** right off. 

Lazy, arrogant and a shi*e footballer. 

Tend to agree his first touch cost us a few times last year. 

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

It'd be a shame to lose Clare tbh. He could work with Neilson on his defensive positioning and could earn us a few bob.

Never thought I'd say that last year.

I was critical of him early on when played central, but thought he was a totally differently when played out wide. Seems to have the ability to ghost past players and showed what he can do when people got off his back and confidence grew. 

TyphoonJambo
55 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

At last....... Some good news😁😁😁

Lazy, uninterested, gutless wage theif. 

Berra than you
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hickey I think will be sold but we'll have him on loan so Ben or White needs to go, I'd let Ben go, but not fussed either way. 

Agree with your summing up of the squad in general, but I'd rather keep Garuccio. Offers far more than White does, both going forward and defensively. Hopefully we keep hickey/get him back on loan and neither have to play too much though.