Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Agreed.

Berra isn't good enough and Halkett is finished.

Halkett is only 25 so has a long way to go yet.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Halkett is only 25 so has a long way to go yet.

Was just a wee joke mate. 

Absolutely and with Robbie the Tackle back in charge I can see his defensive attributes improving massively.

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Falkirk interested in Keena. 

He only went to Hartlepool a few months back to.

Just now, AndyNic said:

Absolutely and with Robbie the Tackle back in charge I can see his defensive attributes improving massively.

Aah didn't realise.

15 hours ago, Rods said:

Canavarro is 5,9 and he is one of the best ever 

That’s the point isn’t it?.....The guy had everything to go to the top. In football terms a freak of nature. Had a David Speedie spring in his jump, aggressive, comfy in possession, could read the game and knew when and when not to attack the ball.

I doubt we’d cover enough of those bases for a player playing at Hearts in a notoriously hectic, aggressive division. A few times of being turned too easy on our own 18 yard box would see a smaller than normal CH being binned.  

Michael Smith isn’t big but as a stop gap he has been excellent at CH. I wouldn’t  be sure over a season though with different types of games.

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He only went to Hartlepool a few months back to.

Yep don’t know if it’s a loan or what. 2 goals in 5 games or something down there. 

Just now, LarrysRightFoot said:

Yep don’t know if it’s a loan or what. 2 goals in 5 games or something down there. 

Do you mean a loan from Hartlepool to Falkirk?

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Do you mean a loan from Hartlepool to Falkirk?

Yeh that’s what I mean.

Ainsley Harriott
21 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Hes not finish I'm sure hes scottish

23 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

That’s the point isn’t it?.....The guy had everything to go to the top. In football terms a freak of nature. Had a David Speedie spring in his jump, aggressive, comfy in possession, could read the game and knew when and when not to attack the ball.

I doubt we’d cover enough of those bases for a player playing at Hearts in a notoriously hectic, aggressive division. A few times of being turned too easy on our own 18 yard box would see a smaller than normal CH being binned.  

Michael Smith isn’t big but as a stop gap he has been excellent at CH. I wouldn’t  be sure over a season though with different types of games.

Agreed 

8 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

My wife says an extra couple of inches isnt important 🤔

I once knew a man called Snow who married a girl called June....and on the wedding night after consummating the marriage he said....."Well, what did ye think o that, what did ye think o Snow in June?" She said "ah coulda done wi it three inches deeper!"

Taxi for Jambonian!

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, jambonian said:

I once knew a man called Snow who married a girl called June....and on the wedding night after consummating the marriage he said....."Well, what did ye think o that, what did ye think o Snow in June?" She said "ah coulda done wi it three inches deeper!"

Taxi for Jambonian!

You here all week? 

TyphoonJambo
Just now, jambonian said:

A'm in a Taxi! ;)

Hope you took yer coat. 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Halkett and Berra would be sold or freed as one isn’t good enough and the other is finished.

Halkett is a good player. A good player who had a poor season. It happens and he will absolutely stroll through the majority of games next season.

Berra did well at Dundee during his time there. He isn't good enough to be a first pick for us now but again at that level he is a competent defender.

5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Livi' reject 1m bid from Barnsley for Lyndon Dykes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53531651

Surprised by this, I mentioned I had spoke with someone on the board and late last year a million was what they were after.

Certain people laughed at me when I said it but it is the ball park figure they were looking for even more surprised in current climate.

Edited by steve123

Guest ToqueJambo
44 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Halkett is a good player. A good player who had a poor season. It happens and he will absolutely stroll through the majority of games next season.

Berra did well at Dundee during his time there. He isn't good enough to be a first pick for us now but again at that level he is a competent defender.

Exactly. This rush to write off Halkett is weird. He's only what 23/24 - no age for a central defender. He had a very good season with Livi before joining us and started well with us before losing his way in Stendel's system.

David McCaig
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Exactly. This rush to write off Halkett is weird. He's only what 23/24 - no age for a central defender. He had a very good season with Livi before joining us and started well with us before losing his way in Stendel's system.

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not writing him off yet, but he seriously needs to look at his weight / fitness.  

That goal in the last game against St Mirren, he was blowing out his erse trying keep up with the striker,  Him and Damour badly at fault and not for the first time.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Not writing him off yet, but he seriously needs to look at his weight / fitness.  

That goal in the last game against St Mirren, he was blowing out his erse trying keep up with the striker,  Him and Damour badly at fault and not for the first time.

That game was all on Stendel. It was horrific. Going to St Mirren and playing a high line like that in a must-win game when they are happy to punt it even at home and have fast runners up front. 61% and fewer shots and corners than St Mirren. Anyhow, ancient history.

Edited by ToqueJambo

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That game was all on Stendel. It was horrific. Going to St Mirren and playing a high line like that in a must-win game when they are happy to punt it even at home and have fast runners up front. 61% and fewer shots and corners than St Mirren. Anyhow, ancient history.

And a hand ball goal missed by the officials. 

feedtheroman2
3 hours ago, jambonian said:

Taxi for Jambonian!

Ah Hector Nicol. One of the immortals. Course he's deid noo.

28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don’t think anyone could deny that. Halkett’s lack of fitness, poor positioning and basic errors have been noticeable and not just a couple of times. He needs to improve. 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not a chance that is true. Or if it is, it's a tiny sum up front. A club like Livi would simply not reject 1m during these times, or any times really. File under Aberdeen rejecting 6m for McKenna.

Posted on other thread 1m was what they wanted for him Dec last year.

I would be astounded if they had turned down now.

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The opening post on this thread is absolute dynamite 🤣🤣🤣

Obviously itk🤙

Captain Canada
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not a chance that is true. Or if it is, it's a tiny sum up front. A club like Livi would simply not reject 1m during these times, or any times really. File under Aberdeen rejecting 6m for McKenna.

I'd be surprised if this was true. Barnsley could still go down if Wigan get their points deduction lowered on appeal, which from what I've read about how they went into admin, is entirely possible. 

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

2 hours ago, steve123 said:

Posted on other thread 1m was what they wanted for him Dec last year.

I would be astounded if they had turned down now.

It was on stv news today claiming Livi' want 2mil' for him.

hmfc_liam06
4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The opening post on this thread is absolute dynamite 🤣🤣🤣

I had a wee read back it the other day as well :lol:

Batistuta87
10 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Anyone know what Robbie's preferred formation was at Dundee United? 

Mostly 4-4-2 I think. They played 4-4-1-1 and 3-4-1-2 against us in the cup and he's used 4-2-3-1 as well.

Edited by Batistuta87

Thought Police
On 03/07/2020 at 21:30, dazajmbo said:

Aaron Hickey will almost certainly  join Manchester City in a permanent deal this window, with the option of loaning back for upto 18 months. The payment from Man City will be in installments and will include a 31% sell on clause to Hearts. Hearts will not pay any percent of his wage if he does return on loan. A left winger is also being looked at on loan from City.

Colin Doyle to leave soon. 

Interest in John Souttar from Aston Villa, John McGinn has suggested that he is considered.

Michael Smith is in the thoughts of several english championship sides, aswell as Rangers.

Sam Nicholson desperate to come back to Hearts but has interest from Bristol City & Aberdeen.

Robbie has earmarked 6 current players he would like to move on, and is in discussion regarding a player from dunfermline and a loan signing from Arsenal. 

3 ex players are currently out of contract and have offered to come back for little or no wages until January. 

Keen on a central midfielder who is at Motherwell. 

A single one of these likely to happen?

Stendelnator
Just now, Thought Police said:

A single one of these likely to happen?

hE hAs HaD gOoD iNfO iN tHe PaSt

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, mitch41 said:

That means nothing. Will they stroll the Scottish Cup if we drawn against a Premiership team.

Tbf, if it's hibs or rangers - aye👍

7 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

It was on stv news today claiming Livi' want 2mil' for him.

I would take that with a pinch of salt it was 1 million from the horses mouth in Dec, given pandemic etc can't see them doubling price in 7 months.

Edited by steve123

BackOfTheNet

I’ve moaned much on previous transfer threads (particularly January ones) about the non-sensical lack of activity at weekends, giving that windows are short periods you’d think clubs would have personell in place as well as associations for processing paperwork 7 days a week - particularly as I say in January when you lose around a week of 4 weeks capability.

I used to avoid threads and looking for activity at weekends for the reasons mentioned, especially as they drag without any football to keep you occupied. But nothing prepares me for the chronic boredom that this ridiculous expulsion and resulting legal issues have been causing. Basically no activity in the transfer market can really happen until at LEAST arbitration is complete. Imagine the boring non-activity of a weekend during a regular transfer window except it lasts months! This is brutal. Can’t even enjoy a transfer window anymore because of the SPFL ********.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

The English transfer markets opens from Monday so least we might see some

Departures soon

Edited by Newton51

Until this arbitration thing is finished how can we go about any transfer business? I know it's been made unlikely by the SPFL but there is still a remote chance the demotion gets overturned. RN can't be expected to tell the club what he needs if the league we play in is not confirmed yet. No?

8 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Great to see that Olly is in Robbie’s plans.  We missed his corners and set pieces last season.  

Frightening the number of central midfielders we failed to get a tune out of the last two seasons. Many of them guys who have a decent pedigree and/or who have shown they’ve got what it takes, in the past.

By god, we miss Peter Haring.

12 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Great to see that Olly is in Robbie’s plans.  We missed his corners and set pieces last season.  

Never missed that song though.🤪

kingantti1874
9 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Jake ended back on loan at Aberdeen as there is a link between both teams

I ****ing hope he does - he’s utterly rank.