Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

3 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

He sounds like a wee kid, he's in his 20's. 

He needs to grow a pair or admit defeat and go elsewhere . 

He won’t be the first player who has struggled to perform in front of a bigger crowd.

I remember us all being really excited when we signed Wyness, more so than Hartley, but he just couldn’t manage the expectations of playing for a big club.

Supposedly a lot of the players were getting sessions with a psychiatrist. Remember both Mulreany and Clare mentioning it and saying it helped.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Tennant's  6's
4 minutes ago, Syd said:

I’d rather give our youth a chance than make more signings with the exception of a winger.

The squad we have is more than good enough to romp the championship.

Sy

Still got the Cup games to consider though, that's what we'll need to improve the side for. 

I live close to Damour and have seem him out training a lot, doing sprints on his own early in lockdown and a few times since. 

He looked to be in good shape but then it’s the minimum you would expect from any player at the club.

Still not sure if he wasn’t fit enough last season or just doesn’t move the ball on quick enough but can think of Motherwell away and Hibs at home when he got caught and you would hope any player joining a Scottish club realises within 2-3 games you get no time on the ball.

I suspect anyone who hasn’t followed training plans in lockdown will be found out quickly by pre season under Robbie!

Jambof3tornado

Players getting bad results week after week can easily be transformed mentally with a few back to back results.

I think Damour on a reduced wage might do a good job for us. 

Think we will see a massive change in attitudes on the park under Robbie.

Tennant's  6's
4 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

He won’t be the first player who has struggled to perform in front of a bigger crowd.

I remember us all being really excited when we signed Wyness, more so than Hartley, but he just couldn’t manage the expectations of playing for a big club.

Supposedly a lot of the players were getting sessions with a psychiatrist. Remember both Mulreany and Clare mentioning it and saying it helped.

I guess. 

Tim Vickery was talking today about why Inter just gave up on Coutinho because he was to shy etc, but at least he could play on the pitch. 

Wynnes is a good example. I think he's a lost cause, an expensive one at that 

NaturalOrder74

Did damour not say in an interview he’ll **** off if we get relegated or something along those lines ? 

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Did damour not say in an interview he’ll **** off if we get relegated or something along those lines ? 

Yep, basically said he was only enticed by the length of contract and the decent wage. Said the championship isn't what he signed up for.

Like I've been saying, with Euro 2021 at the end of the season, I'd imagine most internationals will want out. Boyce being an exception.

5 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

I guess. 

Tim Vickery was talking today about why Inter just gave up on Coutinho because he was to shy etc, but at least he could play on the pitch. 

Wynnes is a good example. I think he's a lost cause, an expensive one at that 

I agree, I don’t see him turning things around but you never know.

If he can’t make an impact this season he never will IMO. This should also be the season the likes of Cochrane, McDonald and Brandon are looking to push on.

6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Yep, basically said he was only enticed by the length of contract and the decent wage. Said the championship isn't what he signed up for.

Like I've been saying, with Euro 2021 at the end of the season, I'd imagine most internationals will want out. Boyce being an exception.

If that's the case. Cheerio. We should only ever want players that want to be here. 

33 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

I struggle to understand players who perform miserably and then say they are leaving. Where the F is he going like ?  Who’s been watching him and been impressed ? What’s his YouTube clip video like ? 

Honestly mate. Do yourself a massive favour. Take a good season and help get us up then feck off. You’re not good enough for the top league here anyway. In fact just tear up your contract and go now. Feckin waste of space Atypical of why we ended up bottom of the league

Edited by JimmyCant

Stendelnator
On 17/07/2020 at 23:20, dazajmbo said:

First bid rejected.

The guy is a different option to Haring, bare in mind he has been close to a return a few times then he gets the pain back and has now missed 18-20 months of football? Even if he is 100% for start of season Haring will need rested from time to time, and he has said himself the injury is ok, can run and cycle no problem but when he kicks a ball he is getting pain, so there is every chance that he won't be able to play every game or spend a great deal of time training due to him being out for so long.  

Butcher is competition for that spot, competition is healthy. No problem with the signing, far better  option for defensive midfielder  than M.Martin, Tzoilis, Adao, Bozanic, Lee, Cochrane, Damour. 

The kind of player who will let Irving, Cochrane, Macdonald, Lee, etc to play more free and openly. We need a different kind of player in our midfield and he is a cheap option who could be a good fit. Robbie obviously knows him well and his playing style. Id rather that than a wyscout or youtube injury prone, journeyman. 

First bid rejected as i say, that was to be expected in any case. So I can see the deal eventually being done but it may take a week or 2 yet.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-talks-lee-mcculloch-and-waiting-see-if-gordon-forrest-leaves-dundee-united-2927806

Robbie denies any interest in Butcher... 

14 hours ago, Berra than you said:

Yeah they probably can be filers, think Robbie might try to move them in though. Certainly Morrison as give his comments about wingers he doesn't think we have enough quality in there, despite the quantity of players we have.

How much filing do we need to catch up on?

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Interesting. Not sure I’d be spending extra cash on coaches for Damour. I’d maybe spend it on guys like Irving or Hickey. 

I'd pay for the coach taking Damour anywhere else but here!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, sr2008 said:

I live close to Damour and have seem him out training a lot, doing sprints on his own early in lockdown and a few times since. 

He looked to be in good shape but then it’s the minimum you would expect from any player at the club.

Still not sure if he wasn’t fit enough last season or just doesn’t move the ball on quick enough but can think of Motherwell away and Hibs at home when he got caught and you would hope any player joining a Scottish club realises within 2-3 games you get no time on the ball.

I suspect anyone who hasn’t followed training plans in lockdown will be found out quickly by pre season under Robbie!

I agree, needs to speed up at times. 

It's good to have a player that at least tries to get the ball, take a touch and look for a pass, does need to speed it up tho and choose his moments. 

He can't lose it in positions like v hibs. 

Him and lee should stroll it if we get a Haring in behind them and speed on the wings. 

32 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

for what it’s worth I also heard we had spoke to the players agent but there was nothing further as United aren't looking to sell any first team players and especially not to us. Majority of our targets are from down south 

Tennant's  6's
6 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

for what it’s worth I also heard we had spoke to the players agent but there was nothing further as United aren't looking to sell any first team players and especially not to us. Majority of our targets are from down south 

Good.  

Don't want to be giving clubs up here any money, not that we'll be spending much. 

This is a transfer window that we need to get right, at last..

If Ali Crawford was available,  I'd like us to go for him. Creative, good on the ball, bit narky,  good energy. 

Robbie & JJ do have one hell of a job on their hands though 

On 03/07/2020 at 21:30, dazajmbo said:

Aaron Hickey will almost certainly  join Manchester City in a permanent deal this window, with the option of loaning back for upto 18 months. The payment from Man City will be in installments and will include a 31% sell on clause to Hearts. Hearts will not pay any percent of his wage if he does return on loan. A left winger is also being looked at on loan from City.

Colin Doyle to leave soon. 

Interest in John Souttar from Aston Villa, John McGinn has suggested that he is considered.

Michael Smith is in the thoughts of several english championship sides, aswell as Rangers.

Sam Nicholson desperate to come back to Hearts but has interest from Bristol City & Aberdeen.

Robbie has earmarked 6 current players he would like to move on, and is in discussion regarding a player from dunfermline and a loan signing from Arsenal. 

3 ex players are currently out of contract and have offered to come back for little or no wages until January. 

Keen on a central midfielder who is at Motherwell. 

Enough of the fantasy ffs.

This pre season will be torture as it without your ****in nonsense adding to it.

Leveins Battalion
16 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Wow

He's gonna be pish.

Yip,but at least we are looking at him before signing Haha.

9 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Suits me, he isn’t the player we signed up for. 

Leveins Battalion
10 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I believe the Russian international fell through. Signing for Southampton after a wonderful visit to Salisbury Cathedral made him fall in love with the area.

Rassambek Ahkmatov has some Russian in him........

He looks an angry wee guy too.

Class of 75
38 minutes ago, Effervesance said:

This boy is here for a trial from Monday. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rassambek_Akhmatov

Knocked back Ross County to come here and has other options in Austria.

Oh great, I can't wait. Knocked back Ross County? If they were after him obviously a quality player. Honestly, has nothing been learned since the debacle with Levein's signing policy? Although I appreciate he is on a trial. 

Edited by Class of 75

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Oh great, I can't wait. Knocked back Ross County? If they were after him obviously a quality player. Honestly, has nothing been learned since the debacle with Levein's signing policy? Although I appreciate he is on a trial. 

Would imagine he is not a target as such but maybe worth having a look at?

FWIW when JJ was here as manager in 2012 i was at Riccarton a lot,there was trialists in on a weekly basis.

Every now and again a gem will turn up.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

:lol:

Any more nuggets Daz?

This thread had ended him hasn't it.

He will be deleting his account quicker than that Joe Black fud on twitter.

KyleLafferty

All I'm saying is Motherwell have signed gems out of nowhere before from lower leagues in England etc. I won't write anybody off before seeing them play first. Like everyone else should. 

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This thread had ended him hasn't it.

He will be deleting his account quicker than that Joe Black fud on twitter.

Ach he'll be back shortly with some more and the lap dogs will be hanging on every word again :lol:

1 hour ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Good.  

Don't want to be giving clubs up here any money, not that we'll be spending much. 

This is a transfer window that we need to get right, at last..

If Ali Crawford was available,  I'd like us to go for him. Creative, good on the ball, bit narky,  good energy. 

Robbie & JJ do have one hell of a job on their hands though 

Get what you are saying but we’ve not had a huge amount of success in that market recently. Guys with decent pedigrees coming to us and being utter yad. I think people underestimate the Scottish Premiership for quality and vastly overrate the English lower leagues. I include the players themselves in that. Whelan and Damour are the classic examples of that. Good down south, come up here and for one reason or another are utterly shite.

Gordon Ramsay
13 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Any more nuggets Daz?

The Hickey to Man City 31% deal must be close now 😂

hmfc_liam06
Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

The Hickey to Man City 31% deal must be close now 😂

Think we're on the 4th window of Hickey going to City. It's almost done.

OmiyaHearts
24 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Rassambek Ahkmatov has some Russian in him........

He looks an angry wee guy too.

Partial to a yellow card, 17 league games in 2019 and 5 cards. Nothing much else on Transfermarkt, not sure what the guy has been doing this year.

Midloth_Iain
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Think we're on the 4th window of Hickey going to City. It's almost done.

Will be a punch in the guts when he actually goes to Parkhead .....

14 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Get what you are saying but we’ve not had a huge amount of success in that market recently. Guys with decent pedigrees coming to us and being utter yad. I think people underestimate the Scottish Premiership for quality and vastly overrate the English lower leagues. I include the players themselves in that. Whelan and Damour are the classic examples of that. Good down south, come up here and for one reason or another are utterly shite.

It’s because they want too much time in the ball. They get that down south but not here. The game here far quicker. Damour is a prime example - lost count of the number of times he lost possession because of that and cost us goals on a few occasion.

3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

It’s because they want too much time in the ball. They get that down south but not here. The game here far quicker. Damour is a prime example - lost count of the number of times he lost possession because of that and cost us goals on a few occasion.

I think that’s a big part of it. Sadly though, too many up here have been conditioned by telly football hype to believe that EFL Ch, and EFL 1 are a much higher standard than they are.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think that’s a big part of it. Sadly though, too many up here have been conditioned by telly football hype to believe that EFL Ch, and EFL 1 are a much higher standard than they are.

Yep, the hype for the game down south is something else. Lost count of the utterly boring, pedestrian games I have watched though. Always had the feeling that the top half dozen clubs here would survive comfortably in the bottom half of the EPL or at least in their Championship, given  the money that sloshes about down there.

its why it’s so infuriating to see the game here purposely undersold to suit the agenda of one team.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think its something we did not look at enough, the players motivations and mental side. Robbie talked alot about it in the Championship season with our recruitment and that season we were very good recruiting. Then fell apart afterwards. 

Whelan showed little desire, from the sounds of negotiations over his contract he was not interested just wanted an easy ride and lots of money.

11 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

Will be a punch in the guts when he actually goes to Parkhead .....

Not anymore. If the rumours are true about his Dad desperately trying to hawk his laddie to them, and claiming Hickey shouldn’t play in the Championship (a league that John McGinn and Andy Robertson played in at a young age, to name but two), then frankly I’ll be glad to see the back of the Celtic minded dick... his agent Dad, I mean. Not Hickey Jr.

NB Emphasis on the IF.

38 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Daft post this. There is no harm having a look at a player. We have the luxury of time on our side to be able to be more meticulous. Do you honestly think JJ will follow on with Levein's style of signing players?! 

Just calm yourself down instead of jumping to silly conclusions. He might be decent, he might not be. 

Rick Sanchez

I wonder what wingers he'll keep....Clare, Moore and Henderson? If he wants a couple it could be Clare is offski or staying at right back.

He fancies Walker as a number 10, does that suggest a 4-2-3-1? I'd imagine Naismith and Boyce would take the main spots.

6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think its something we did not look at enough, the players motivations and mental side. Robbie talked alot about it in the Championship season with our recruitment and that season we were very good recruiting. Then fell apart afterwards. 

Whelan showed little desire, from the sounds of negotiations over his contract he was not interested just wanted an easy ride and lots of money.

That game v Kilmarnock when we had him, Berra and Naismith on the park and they score three goals in 15 minutes was the end of him for me. Couldn’t even look at the guy after that. Never bothered his arse. Prick. 

Wasn’t overly enamoured with Berra and Naismith after that either right enough. Disgraceful performance from our seasoned pros.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Not anymore. If the rumours are true about his Dad desperately trying to hawk his laddie to them, and claiming Hickey shouldn’t play in the Championship (a league that John McGinn and Andy Robertson played in at a young age, to name but two), then frankly I’ll be glad to see the back of the Celtic minded dick... his agent Dad, I mean. Not Hickey Jr.

NB Emphasis on the IF.

I have a feeling Celtic will sit this out until January then offer sweeties. They’ll know full well that that’s where he wants to go and that his old man will advise him to reject any other offers. If that does happen he should not be played.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

That game v Kilmarnock when we had him, Berra and Naismith on the park and they score three goals in 15 minutes was the end of him for me. Couldn’t even look at the guy after that. Never bothered his arse. Prick. 

Was overly enamoured with Berra and Naismith after that either right enough. Disgraceful performance from our seasoned pros.

The keeper cost us 2 goals in that as well imo. 

One were he  ran out and iirc, the shot straight at him were he almost ducked it. 

Ridiculous, Stendels biggest mistake was sticking with JP. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Ainsley Harriott
47 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Any more nuggets Daz?

I remember when he was so ITK he told us stendel was getting the job around the same times as the bookies stopped taking bets on him.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Robbies recruitment never fell apart after the championship season, we ended up 3rd, then he left us in about 2nd. 

Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Gotta laugh at the ITK stories on here. 

Exactly if anyone was ITK this is the last place they would announce what they knew or they wouldn't be ITK for much longer.