Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Agree with your summing up of the squad in general, but I'd rather keep Garuccio. Offers far more than White does, both going forward and defensively. Hopefully we keep hickey/get him back on loan and neither have to play too much though.

Yeah, did say that was open to opinion, Tbh, not fussed either way. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Berra than you
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, did say that was open to opinion, Tbh, not fussed either way. 

Yeah I'm with you, not overly fussed about either player but would like to see what Ben can do under a decent manager 

That's a 29 man squad there, Add Harry Stone and Connor Smith and we have 31 players I'd expect to see in and around the first team next year.

A lot of the youngsters listed below are 19-22 and made their debut's a couple seasons back, so I can't see the argument that they aren't included in the first team numbers. If they are not going to get game time next season in the championship I'd be doubtful now that they are likely to cut it in the premier the year after or the one after that, they are all at a stage that even if we were going to loan them we would expect them to be championship level minimum. 

So 31 players for a 27 game season? That squad needs trimmed, I'd imagine about a 23-25 man squad would more than suffice, with the likelyihood that one or two more young players are likely to show face next term too.

So if Robbie gets his 3 signings he is looking for I'd expect to see anywhere between 9-11 go this summer.

If he wants a couple wide players, do we need Henderson, Morrison, Moore, McDonald who are likely only going to see minimal game time between them. With Clare, Washington and Walker all able to fill those roles.

There are a few areas where we are going to be heavy in numbers, in fact already are heavy oin numbers. Going to be some hard decisions for Robbie to make shortly, but looking at it like this there's going to be a bit of a cull

image.png.84eafcae4b8fdb18d67cf62ab6c56397.png

Edited by davie1980

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Still though, looking at those players mentioned, how the feck did we find ourselves bottom?! Levein done a right number on us didn't he?

Scary really, to make that squad so bad with no confidence and little fight, clearly no coaching either. Absolute disgrace and shouldn’t be overlooked in all the rightful hatred for the corrupt authorities. 

Getting rid of the dross we have first should take priority;

Doyle
Zlamal
Brandon
White
Berra
Burns
Damour
Morrison
Henderson
Wighton
Uche

Would love to have been a fly on the wall when Robbie saw that squad list and the contractual wage bill that goes with it. And sad that the most saleable asset is a teenager! 

I am thinking we will be keeping Wighton it will be White( if we are lucky)Damour, Clare,Smith, Washington and Uche that move on.

Berra than you

From that squad list I'd be looking at moving on Doyle, damour, white, uche, burns and Morrison. Whilst loaning some of the younger youngsters out. Think that's the minimum we should be doing really. Then other players with some value (Smith, wash, Clare) can go if we get decent fees.

Edited by Berra than you

Given our demotion is now confirmed can we expect to see relegation clause activated , assuming we've not been naive enough not to included them . 

Could mean some players departing in the next few weeks . 

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Given our demotion is now confirmed can we expect to see relegation clause activated , assuming we've not been naive enough not to included them . 

Could mean some players departing in the next few weeks . 

Seems to be a bit of a grey area that. At least some of the players have relegation clauses which only affect their wages and not clauses that release the, from their contract. 

Seen someone on twitter mention he expects us to be making a signing imminently, believes his source is reliable. Anyone heard any whisperings? 

23 minutes ago, bmxweeman said:

Seen someone on twitter mention he expects us to be making a signing imminently, believes his source is reliable. Anyone heard any whisperings? 

Saw that aye. Said it's a centre midfielder and wingers. I'm 99% sure the guy lifted it from this, and of course Robbie's comments in the media. All guesswork and a way to add followers. What a lot of these Twitter 'ITK's' such as 4th Official and that Joe Black oddball do is trawl forums for snippets of ITK fans and then put out a cryptic tweet. 

SaughtonJambo

Jackson Irvine, Marcus Maddison and Stephen Kingsley all didn’t have their contracts renewed from hull. Doubt we could afford any of them but Irvine in the middle and Maddison out wide would be good additions. Lewis Macleod from Wigan would probably be available considering their administration. Pretty sure Wigan’s u23’s done well in the development league also.

Famous 1874
24 minutes ago, SaughtonJambo said:

Jackson Irvine, Marcus Maddison and Stephen Kingsley all didn’t have their contracts renewed from hull. Doubt we could afford any of them but Irvine in the middle and Maddison out wide would be good additions. Lewis Macleod from Wigan would probably be available considering their administration. Pretty sure Wigan’s u23’s done well in the development league also.

Jackson Irvine would be fantastic. Will have financially better options and can’t see him wanting to spend the season in the Scottish championship 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Berra than you said:

Yeah I'm with you, not overly fussed about either player but would like to see what Ben can do under a decent manager 

I missed Wighton out 😂😂😂

Don't think anyone noticed either 😭😭😭😭

Berra than you
7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I missed Wighton out 😂😂😂

Don't think anyone noticed either 😭😭😭😭

Think you missed out Burns and Morrison too, but I only noticed that cause I had forgotten about them completely until seeing the squad list posted a page before 🤣. Some amount of dross we have.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Think you missed out Burns and Morrison too, but I only noticed that cause I had forgotten about them completely until seeing the squad list posted a page before 🤣. Some amount of dross we have.

I did! 

We do. 

Both can be filers Tbh but not in my list for direct competition for places. 

Berra than you
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I did! 

We do. 

Both can be filers Tbh but not in my list for direct competition for places. 

Yeah they probably can be filers, think Robbie might try to move them in though. Certainly Morrison as give his comments about wingers he doesn't think we have enough quality in there, despite the quantity of players we have.

BackOfTheNet

Not that I’d be expecting much two days after the conclusion of arbitration but I would think it would be this thread’s time to shine but found lingering on page 2.

Rick Sanchez

If we're watching our money I don't see us punting staff and bringing in McCulloch and Forrest.

I'd take McCulloch as assistant.

17 hours ago, SaughtonJambo said:

Every single one of them would be massive upgrades. Doubtful all would be affordable, especially with us being in the Championship now :( 

38 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If we're watching our money I don't see us punting staff and bringing in McCulloch and Forrest.

I'd take McCulloch as assistant.

probably it’s been why the appointments have been held up 

Edited by Newton51

I see that damour is putting in some training in Edinburgh with a conditioning coach over from France and Garuccio on a plane heading back. 

1 minute ago, bazman said:

I see that damour is putting in some training in Edinburgh with a conditioning coach over from France and Garuccio on a plane heading back. 

Interesting. Not sure I’d be spending extra cash on coaches for Damour. I’d maybe spend it on guys like Irving or Hickey. 

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Any update on the Russian International or the Motherwell Midfielder?🤓

I believe the Russian international fell through. Signing for Southampton after a wonderful visit to Salisbury Cathedral made him fall in love with the area.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Interesting. Not sure I’d be spending extra cash on coaches for Damour. I’d maybe spend it on guys like Irving or Hickey. 

A lot of these guys have been getting personal trainers out of their own pocket. 

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I would imagine it’s out of his own pocket like when Uche trained with that guy in Dubai.

Just now, Mr Rabbit said:

A lot of these guys have been getting personal trainers out of their own pocket. 

I take that last comment back then. If that’s the case with Damour then credit to him. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think it's one damour has brought over 

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I would imagine it’s out of his own pocket like when Uche trained with that guy in Dubai.

Just now, bazman said:

I think it's one damour has brought over 

Thanks guys. See my reply to Mr Rabbit. 

8 minutes ago, bazman said:

I have a belief that Damour is a much better player than what he has shown and that his fitness has been an issue. Looked like he smokes 20 ciggies a day tbh. 

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I have a belief that Damour is a much better player than what he has shown and that his fitness has been an issue. Looked like he smokes 20 ciggies a day tbh. 

I genuinely don’t get the hatred towards him to be honest. Not saying I particularly want him to stay and his comments about not loving being at a club where he doesn’t get a game and the fans have it in for him don’t help, but he has quality. He just was nowhere near where he should’ve been mentally. I don’t know if he thought he’d just turn up and it’d be a walk in the park, but it’s clear now that’s not the case. If Neilson can get a tune out of him he can be an asset. Certainly not a lost cause.

Damour has a bad attitude he thinks he is to good for Hearts and the Premier League. That stroll about like I own the place attitude usually gets found out in Scotland. He is a decent player but does not show it enough, He is the epitome of Leveins reign the guy was to busy trying to move on instead of playing for Hearts.

20 minutes ago, bazman said:

saw the video on instagram. Last chance saloon under Robbie. Made mistakes but who hasn’t 

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I genuinely don’t get the hatred towards him to be honest. Not saying I particularly want him to stay and his comments about not loving being at a club where he doesn’t get a game and the fans have it in for him don’t help, but he has quality. He just was nowhere near where he should’ve been mentally. I don’t know if he thought he’d just turn up and it’d be a walk in the park, but it’s clear now that’s not the case. If Neilson can get a tune out of him he can be an asset. Certainly not a lost cause.

He'd be no great loss based on his Hearts career to date but if he was to knuckle down, get to his peak fitness and give his best then he would probably be a good player for us. 

It's entirely up to him. He's on a 4 Yr deal so he's not going to get released unless he's willing to accept nothing. 

1 minute ago, Rods said:

Damour has a bad attitude he thinks he is to good for Hearts and the Premier League. That stroll about like I own the place attitude usually gets found out in Scotland. He is a decent player but does not show it enough, He is the epitome of Leveins reign the guy was to busy trying to move on instead of playing for Hearts.

I agree he does. His fitness was appalling. He was blowing out his arse after 20 minutes everytime. That said, that seemed to be rife last season. Desspite his errors, he did have a cracking game vs Hibs at Easter Road. If he played like that everyweek he could be an asset. As I said above, the balls entirely in his court. 

He'd be no great loss based on his Hearts career to date but if he was to knuckle down, get to his peak fitness and give his best then he would probably be a good player for us. 

It's entirely up to him. He's on a 4 Yr deal so he's not going to get released unless he's willing to accept nothing. 

I agree he does. His fitness was appalling. He was blowing out his arse after 20 minutes everytime. That said, that seemed to be rife last season. Desspite his errors, he did have a cracking game vs Hibs at Easter Road. If he played like that everyweek he could be an asset. As I said above, the balls entirely in his court. 

From watching his insta he is putting a shift in in prep. Same can't be said for a few others who seem to be enjoying the time off

On 28/07/2020 at 17:09, Rods said:

I am thinking we will be keeping Wighton it will be White( if we are lucky)Damour, Clare,Smith, Washington and Uche that move on.

We keep hearing about how Wighton is a confidence player, in training he's really talented but shits the bed in front of a crowd. 

Hopefully if fans aren't allowed in the stadium Wighton will get a last throw of the dice to see if he can make it or not. 

3 minutes ago, bazman said:

From watching his insta he is putting a shift in in prep. Same can't be said for a few others who seem to be enjoying the time off

That's good to hear. He needs to play well this season whether he wants to stay or win a move. 

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, bazman said:

Of course we can only go by what they post on social media which are short snippets. So someone posting nothing could be doing more than the person posting 15 second videos of what was in fact a short session. Saying that I have a lot more respect for the guys like Clare that have been putting shifts in almost daily and not treating it like the off season than I do for the guys on the golf course every second day. Time for the golf once they’re retired.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

We keep hearing about how Wighton is a confidence player, in training he's really talented but shits the bed in front of a crowd. 

Hopefully if fans aren't allowed in the stadium Wighton will get a last throw of the dice to see if he can make it or not. 

Seemed to do well at Arbroath last season. If he gets a chance, he absolutely needs to show it now. 

Tennant's  6's
2 minutes ago, bazman said:

I hope that they get fined and then absolutely beasted in training then if that's the case. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 28/07/2020 at 21:48, Goodfella said:

Saw that aye. Said it's a centre midfielder and wingers. I'm 99% sure the guy lifted it from this, and of course Robbie's comments in the media. All guesswork and a way to add followers. What a lot of these Twitter 'ITK's' such as 4th Official and that Joe Black oddball do is trawl forums for snippets of ITK fans and then put out a cryptic tweet. 

That 4th Official account bluffed its way through the entire demotion shambles.

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

When Damour arrived I remember reading Cardiff fans forum wishing him nothing but the best. Viewed as a decent asset in the Championship but fell short of what was required for their EPL aspirations.

As others have said you can only

surmise his attitude is the key factor. 
If he was to get himself fit and fancied it he’s most likely capable of bossing the Scottish Championship at the heart of our midfield. Hopefully Robbie and JJ can get his frame of mind sorted, could save the club a few quid even if he was just to stick around for the next season 

7 minutes ago, bazman said:

Same can't be said for a few others who seem to be enjoying the time off

care to name and shame for those of us not of the ‘Insta’ generation 

I’d rather give our youth a chance than make more signings with the exception of a winger.

The squad we have is more than good enough to romp the championship.

Sy

Tennant's  6's
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

He sounds like a wee kid, he's in his 20's. 

He needs to grow a pair or admit defeat and go elsewhere . 

The person who started the thread.I assume he is a slaver? Why do people feel the need to make up rumours and seek attention.No need.