Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Just now, Barack said:

He would also drag down the sexy player's ratio.

I don't want something that Picasso wouldn't even paint, plying his trade on our glorious turf.

🤣

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

21 minutes ago, Barack said:

I don't want something that Picasso wouldn't even paint, plying his trade on our glorious turf.

Genuine lol 👏👏👏

56 minutes ago, Barack said:

:laugh: Savage Prez

1 hour ago, Dave McCreery's knee said:

Pawlett is biggest diver in Scottish football. Hope to never see him in a hearts jersey

That’s Martin Boyle you’re thinking of

3 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

That’s Martin Boyle you’re thinking of

pawlett dived more than tom daley when at aberdeen

Holyrood_Hearts
5 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Irving will be a star next year. He wull be worth more than Hickey. Imho😁

Completely agree with this 

5 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Irving will be a star next year. He wull be worth more than Hickey. Imho😁

5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Was disagreeing with a mate about that the other day. Irving has bigger potential thank Hickey imo. 

Hickey is worth more today than Irving will ever be worth. I really like Iriving......he’s just not in the same bracket as Hickey.

But don’t take my word for it.......take the word of the countless number of higher level clubs who think the same way.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Hickey is worth more today than Irving will ever be worth. I really like Iriving......he’s just not in the same bracket as Hickey.

But don’t take my word for it.......take the word of the countless number of higher level clubs who think the same way.

Would agree that Hickey is worth more than Irving. Hickey's talent is very special.

But Irving has the potential to become a valuable player to Hearts. His passing ability is above nearly all players in Scottish football and he can score from long range. What holds him back is he is not as fast as other midfielders.  But given the right coaching and development then he can be worth a lot as well. 

Tommy Brown

Since the Toby Sibbick thread got closed down, I'll add him here.

He wasn't in the squad on Friday against Leeds. Would love to think he is still a possibility for a return.

Versatile, mobile and solid ball winner.

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

He wasn't in the squad on Friday against Leeds. Would love to think he is still a possibility for a return.

100% agree. He’d be a good signing. 

gowestjambo

New Manager, but it appears he has an old broom. If Butcher and Pawlett are the recruitment criteria - nothing has changed from signing mediocre duds!

45 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

shame we didn’t get to see that much of him. He is a very good player to come to Scotland.

I’d happily give him a lift up the road to get him back to Tynecastle.

Edit: Just seen the Sibbick thread. Some people....

Edited by Zen Jambo

11 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

New Manager, but it appears he has an old broom. If Butcher and Pawlett are the recruitment criteria - nothing has changed from signing mediocre duds!

I am hoping that Robbie is still in a bit of a daze at becoming manager of the third biggest club in Scotland again and realises he is not signing players for an average championship club.

Willie Hamilton genius
25 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Welcome back Robbie.

One week in the job and you're getting slagged off for signing duds based on a random rumour on fan's forum!

Jeez!

KyleLafferty

I can’t see a link to Peter pawlett anywhere? Aw wait someone said they heard it and put in on kickback? I love a good rumour and love the ‘ITK’ but Christ calm down, people raging about it 😂

13 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I can’t see a link to Peter pawlett anywhere? Aw wait someone said they heard it and put in on kickback? I love a good rumour and love the ‘ITK’ but Christ calm down, people raging about it 😂

FWIW, following on from the ITK post that we are after a DUFC midfielder, I opined there were 2 possibilities, McMullan and Pawlett, with the latter less likely.  Whether that has sown a seed in someone's mind I don't know.

MR INCREDIBLE
47 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

The mediocre duds he signed in the past had us second in the league before he left....... Take that again would you not. 

18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

FWIW, following on from the ITK post that we are after a DUFC midfielder, I opined there were 2 possibilities, McMullan and Pawlett, with the latter less likely.  Whether that has sown a seed in someone's mind I don't know.

McMullan is a free agent I think. Been quite impressed by him when I've seen him, admittedly only on TV. Would prefer him to Pawlett tbh.

Always liked the look of that wee McMullan when I saw him. Bit if an old fashioned winger. Goes on the outside of the full back regularly which you don’t see a lot these days. Most players seem to cut in.

You just wonder if he deserves a shot at a bigger club now?

(edit: as Boris just posted^^)

Edited by Debut 4

20 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

The mediocre duds he signed in the past had us second in the league before he left....... Take that again would you not. 

I don’t think he was getting at robbie in particular. You can argue that you need mediocre journeymen to fill the squad in the top flight but, with budgets being cut to next to nothing in the championship, are these really the type of players we should be after? 

i’d be disappointed to be signing players close to thirty who will never play at a higher level than us tbh. With all the brutal cutbacks that are happening there are bound to be younger, ambitious players who won’t look at us as their last decent payday. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Always liked the look of that wee McMullan when I saw him. Bit if an old fashioned winger. Goes on the outside of the full back regularly which you don’t see a lot these days. Most players seem to cut in.

You just wonder if he deserves a shot at a bigger club now?

(edit: as Boris just posted^^)

Old fashioned winger - yes! That role seems to have diminished recently. Over theorising of the game imo. Like the winger isn't allowed to be creative. Teams are full of robots.

8 minutes ago, Boris said:

McMullan is a free agent I think. Been quite impressed by him when I've seen him, admittedly only on TV. Would prefer him to Pawlett tbh.

Just checked Transfermarket and he's got a year to go unfortunately. Wikipedia has him on a 2 year deal from 2017 though which is confusing. 

Must have signed an extension, or Utd have an option to extend?

Would take him though, suspect we're waiting until next year with the current situation between the clubs.  

Just now, OTT said:

Just checked Transfermarket and he's got a year to go unfortunately. Wikipedia has him on a 2 year deal from 2017 though which is confusing. 

Must have signed an extension, or Utd have an option to extend?

Would take him though, suspect we're waiting until next year with the current situation between the clubs.  

Oh well...pity, but one year would be a cheaper transfer I guess. Agree regards current tensions between the clubs.

4 minutes ago, Boris said:

Old fashioned winger - yes! That role seems to have diminished recently. Over theorising of the game imo. Like the winger isn't allowed to be creative. Teams are full of robots.

👍🏻  I like him because he’s not hesitant.  He tees up the full back and just goes! He’s got that burst and puts good balls across which is the key.  

17 minutes ago, Boris said:

I think the opposite. I much prefer wide forward players who cut in and drive in to the box.

8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think the opposite. I much prefer wide forward players who cut in and drive in to the box.

I don't think it's a case of either/or. An intelligent player would do both, as and when the opportunity arose. Giving the player artistic freedom is what I was getting at, rather than playing percentages, or being afraid to lose possession.

4 minutes ago, Boris said:

I don't think it's a case of either/or. An intelligent player would do both, as and when the opportunity arose. Giving the player artistic freedom is what I was getting at, rather than playing percentages, or being afraid to lose possession.

In our market it’s rare that we could afford a player who could do both effectively with any kind of regularity. With that in mind I’d rather have a Milinkovic or Suso than a classic winger. Modern central defenders tend to mop up anything launched in to the box these days. I like attackers who ask questions of defenders by keeping the ball at their feet and forcing them to try and tackle them in the box. 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

6 minutes ago, Boris said:

Definitely agree on the artistic freedom bit. It’s what I liked about Milinkovic in a team of automatons.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

In our market it’s rare that we could afford a player who could do both effectively with any kind of regularity. With that in mind I’d rather have a Milinkovic or Suso than a classic winger. Modern central defenders tend to mo up anything launched in to the box these days. I like attackers who ask questions of defenders by keeping the ball at their feet and forcing them to try and tackle them in the box. 

Head to the bye-line and cut back to our on rushing forwards and midfield. Football is a simple game. But I also agree with what you say. As I said, it's not a case of one or the other.👍

gowestjambo
1 hour ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

And the two being talked about are of that quality are they?

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

Welcome back Robbie.

One week in the job and you're getting slagged off for signing duds based on a random rumour on fan's forum!

Jeez!

Exaxtly ! There's not going to be loads of money going about for transfers while we still going through a pandemic that's crippling clubs finances 

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Same as me.

When I have seen him on the box, I always wondered if he could make the transition to a more infield position like Hartley did.

Edited by JamboAl

12 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exaxtly ! There's not going to be loads of money going about for transfers while we still going through a pandemic that's crippling clubs finances 

100s of players will be released. Clubs will also be looking to slash wage bills by getting rid of players under contract. It won’t take loads of money to get some decent signings in 

Leveins Battalion

Jim Jefferies is in the paper today saying Ann Budge feels the recruitment has been poor and disjointed.

If we are in for any Dundee Utd players only 3 are good enough,Shankland, Appere and McMullan.

Take these rumours with a pinch of salt.

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Jim Jefferies is in the paper today saying Ann Budge feels the recruitment has been poor and disjointed.

If we are in for any Dundee Utd players only 3 are good enough,Shankland, Appere and McMullan.

This rumour has been floated before.

2 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

We’ve been signing internationalists the last 2 years and look how that worked out. We’ve had some mediocre duds over the years who turned out to be good signings. I’ve they give 100% that’s what we need cause the current group clearly didn’t. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Having watched them 4/5 times I'd agree. 

I did like their gk but Gordon is better. 

1 minute ago, greggy123 said:

We’ve been signing internationalists the last 2 years and look how that worked out. We’ve had some mediocre duds over the years who turned out to be good signings. I’ve they give 100% that’s what we need cause the current group clearly didn’t. 

It’s not really to with whether they’re internationals or not. It’s also not only shit journeymen at the end of their careers that give 100%. 

17 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Robbie says he’s fit and ready to go. 

So did Levein. 😊

Can't see us being interested in Pawlett tbh. We've got players, probably better players, that are available in his position. We need a step up from what we have at the moment. 

Can see why we might be interested in Butcher though. 

John Findlay
58 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I think their best player is the Swiss laddie in goals for them. Him I would try and sign.

Adam_the_legend
58 minutes ago, martoon said:

So did Levein. 😊

Very true. Besides, having checked out neilsons interview where he mentions haring, he definitely doesn’t say he’s “fit and ready to go”. He’s just had another surgery and Robbie hopes he’ll be available for the start of the season. Still lots of unknowns with haring...unfortunately ☹️

28 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I think their best player is the Swiss laddie in goals for them. Him I would try and sign.

I wouldn’t for a lot of reasons but you’re right he’s a very good goalie.  Number 2 to Gordon hindering the progress of Gordon’s successor and would be on good money and a transfer fee to leave.  Never going to happen. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not really to with whether they’re internationals or not. It’s also not only shit journeymen at the end of their careers that give 100%. 

Who do you want us to sign then. Peter pawlett is not a bad player at this level. I’d of said of Walker, Naismith, Washington are all a level above the premiership and look at how poor we’ve been. Would prefer players that want to be at Hearts and usually you’ll find the mediocre ones fight and scrap for the jersey. Not the best players but they’ll give you there all week in week out.