Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Wing backs?

Much prefer tricky wingers rather than wing backs - bring back the good old days playing 4-4-2 with two wingers supplying two up top ,not a fan of one up front 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

17 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Much prefer tricky wingers rather than wing backs - bring back the good old days playing 4-4-2 with two wingers supplying two up top ,not a fan of one up front 

Need two really good central midfielders to make that work with two wingers. Would like to see it though. 

32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Need two really good central midfielders to make that work with two wingers. Would like to see it though. 

What I wouldn't give to have another Fulton/Cameron pairing. 

10 hours ago, jambopilms said:

So are we saying Robbie knows nothing about a player he has worked with the last couple of years ? But KB know better ?

Yes :lol:

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

As for this thread - truly is why I don’t like this forum at times. Butcher has both been labelled as someone who’s not a footballer who will be a risk of sendings off due to his rough tackling technique AND someone who is “lazy” in the tackle.

This is not just before he’s kicked a ball in anger in a Hearts shirt, but also before he’s even signed for the club.

You all know you can have an opinion on a subject without it being a strong opinion or one that cannot be altered in any way, right? My personal opinion of the possible signing is “meh”, due to the unnecessary need to spend money on a player in the market and his career to date. But I honestly don’t know enough about the guy to have a strong opinion either way - and that’s fine!

Some on here get so god damn entrenched and flip crazy if someone has the audacity to not share the same opinion, it’s madness. These are arguments that will continue in the pubs the entire season if he signs - and regardless of how he actually plays - I guarantee it.

I remember when Haring signed for Hearts people on here had decided he wasn’t good enough before he’d kicked a ball for us because he came from the Austrian 2nd tier.

I’ve no opinion on Butcher as I can’t really remember him if I have seen him play but for those that do, how many games have you seen him play to base your opinion?

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I honestly don’t know enough about this Butcher lad. Going by the comments of others though, he’s a spoiler, right?

So a diamond of:

Butcher

Haring - Irving

Naismith

Would surely be a decent midfield, if he’s any good at being a spoiler/destroyer/CDM?

Couple of attacking fullbacks, two solid central defenders and two good strikers and we are there. 🤷‍♂️

Decent balance and could be effective but slow and imo would get caught out v the top 6 SPFL teams. 

Butcher from what I've seen is 100% a spoiler. He's not the sort to take it on his chest and look for a pass. 

He's not an upgrade on Bozanic imo for the midfield area. 

In that set up I'd like an upgrade on Irving with him and Harry slipping in and out. 

I'd put Lee in over Irving but he won't add pace either. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

All Butcher needs to do is win headers, tackle, win the ball and play a pass 5-10 yards. If he can do that stuff well, he'll do the job. The whole team is greater than the sum of its parts. 🤷

Yip

1 hour ago, rory78 said:

Me too or even a 451 with 2 wingers 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Yip, As Cruyff says it's a team game. 

Maybe I've been harsh on Butcher, maybe he's a good team player if we get the other positions correct then it will all be good. 

He's just been awful when I've seen him tho. 

Imo, sammon was a decent team player and when he was playing we had the better run of results with Robbie, despite him generally being tatties. 

As a bonus it will piss of utd as well if he signs. 

Robbie kens best. 

Absolute Scenes
11 hours ago, jambopilms said:

So are we saying Robbie knows nothing about a player he has worked with the last couple of years ? But KB know better ?

Last Laff knows better, as he's been able to give a frighteningly accurate account of the whole of his football career and even go as far as telling us how he played in every single season. Robbie? Robbie doesnt know anything about football, i thought we signed him as a fashion ambassador to help promote our new suit line?

9 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

admit it, you’ve never seen him play. you couldn’t get Simple facts about his time in Scotland right, I doubt you have ever even bothered to look at anything he’s done football wise. 

a destroyer 😂😂😂 that is a belter. A destroyer from the mighty Hamilton who finished a massive four points ahead of us in one of worst seasons we’ve had. Think I’ll sleep soundly we don’t have Gogic in our team. Think about the midfield they had 3 /4 years ago to now. Gogic is a huge step down for them. 

regarding the non league team drivel you were coming out with,  he played for two teams in one season so you can’t make out he was dragging around the bottom leagues for years on end. So to correct my one mistake, he played for two non league teams albeit on loan whilst being owned by another team. 

Does Hayes and Yeading in 2012 not count as another non league side like? :lol: 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Does Hayes and Yeading in 2012 not count as another non league side like? :lol: 

i dont know if you are trolling or not...

What other non league teams are you on about? Hayes and Billercay are the non league teams he's played for, which i've confirmed is 2 non league teams.

Barnet, at the time he played for them were not a non league team.

So again, you really are showing yourself up here mate.

Fitzroy Pointon
2 hours ago, Kendoll said:

What I wouldn't give to have another Fulton/Cameron pairing. 

True. We couldn't afford players like them now unfortunately. 

11 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I honestly don’t know enough about this Butcher lad. Going by the comments of others though, he’s a spoiler, right?

So a diamond of:

Butcher

Haring - Irving

Naismith

Would surely be a decent midfield, if he’s any good at being a spoiler/destroyer/CDM?

Couple of attacking fullbacks, two solid central defenders and two good strikers and we are there. 🤷‍♂️

It’s someone to cover for Halkett/Souttar when they drive forward as well I suppose. 

Butcher's disciplinary record is very good, only got 1 red card in last 6 years at least., 8 yellows for DU 19/20.  Could be better but it's not bad.  His description of a box to box midfielder reminds me of Roy Keane.  Roy was eventually slowed down by injuries and age, went all the way back to center half.  I am just wondering this guy isn't a natural Defensive midfielder but if he can tackle and win the ball that's good enough for me.  Hopefully influences the rest of them to put a tackle in.  If he wants to play the DM role as well that's very important.  Rather than have to ask a player to fill in that doesn't want to play that role.

TyphoonJambo
7 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Last Laff knows better, as he's been able to give a frighteningly accurate account of the whole of his football career and even go as far as telling us how he played in every single season. Robbie? Robbie doesnt know anything about football, i thought we signed him as a fashion ambassador to help promote our new suit line?

Seriously? Do i need to pull my troosers upto my chest to be cool now? 

Edit, just listened to his round the funnel interview, it was a "not unbuttoning the waistcoat" issue. Phew!! 

4 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Heard we’re after Pawlett 

Lets hope you have misheard then

Another Sammon like signing only this time we have time to stop terrible signings like this

TyphoonJambo
9 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Irving really could be key next season. Someone to offer a bit of protection and give him time to play could work well. 

Irving will be a star next year. He wull be worth more than Hickey. Imho😁

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Decent song.  

Don’t you want :lol: 

Don’t you DARE. Robbie needs to look in the MIRROR, MAN If he thinks that’s a good signing. 

Pretty good source. That’s not to say it’s 100% going to happen obviously. Did Robbie take Pawlett to mk dons ?

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Pretty good source. That’s not to say it’s 100% going to happen obviously. Did Robbie take Pawlett to mk dons ?

Yup. 

5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Irving will be a star next year. He wull be worth more than Hickey. Imho😁

Was disagreeing with a mate about that the other day. Irving has bigger potential thank Hickey imo. 

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yup. 

Heard Pawlett back a stone lighter and looking very sharp so Utd less keen to lose him 

23 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Heard we’re after Pawlett 

Played for MK dons and currently DU, I can see why.   Robbie must like him :) 

3 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Heard Pawlett back a stone lighter and looking very sharp so Utd less keen to lose him 

Dunno how fit he was last season but he only played 17 league games last season. 😬

Jimmy Dunne on the bench for Burnley tonight versus Norwich.  Just saying :)  He might get a run out since it's a nothing game.

Edited by HMFC01

25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t you DARE. Robbie needs to look in the MIRROR, MAN If he thinks that’s a good signing. 

😁

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Jimmy Dunne on the bench for Burnley tonight versus Norwich.  Just saying :)  He might get a run out since it's a nothing game.

Dunne is a premiership class defender. Great to see him making the breakthrough. 

18 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

First bid rejected.

The guy is a different option to Haring, bare in mind he has been close to a return a few times then he gets the pain back and has now missed 18-20 months of football? Even if he is 100% for start of season Haring will need rested from time to time, and he has said himself the injury is ok, can run and cycle no problem but when he kicks a ball he is getting pain, so there is every chance that he won't be able to play every game or spend a great deal of time training due to him being out for so long.  

Butcher is competition for that spot, competition is healthy. No problem with the signing, far better  option for defensive midfielder  than M.Martin, Tzoilis, Adao, Bozanic, Lee, Cochrane, Damour. 

The kind of player who will let Irving, Cochrane, Macdonald, Lee, etc to play more free and openly. We need a different kind of player in our midfield and he is a cheap option who could be a good fit. Robbie obviously knows him well and his playing style. Id rather that than a wyscout or youtube injury prone, journeyman. 

First bid rejected as i say, that was to be expected in any case. So I can see the deal eventually being done but it may take a week or 2 yet.

Sorry Daz but he is bang average and should be nowhere near our first team

If he was that good his career would have been on a far different path..he's a championship player of course but he would be signing for the biggest club he has played for at nearly 30 years of age.

We do not need more average and frankly he will not be the difference between us getting promoted or not...we would be better using the young players to see finally just how much potential they really have

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Sorry Daz but he is bang average and should be nowhere near our first team

If he was that good his career would have been on a far different path..he's a championship player of course but he would be signing for the biggest club he has played for at nearly 30 years of age.

We do not need more average and frankly he will not be the difference between us getting promoted or not...we would be better using the young players to see finally just how much potential they really have

He is spot on here very good backup signing and much better than what we have had as backup. We have Haring already and we all hope he is fit but he will need time to get back into full stride. You perhaps need a reality check we are not going to be splashing big cash on backup DM. 

Know nothing about Butcher, Pawlett is not good enough. I know Robbie is solely focused on bringing us up but mediocre journeymen are not what we need as a club and we should be looking beyond next season. Half the clubs we’ll be playing will have cobbled together squads that will see the standard of the championship fall through the floor.  

Wonder if the supposed signings are as much about having allies in the dressing room as the players ability. 

Edited by GinRummy

Adam_the_legend

Have I missed something on Haring? Some people talking as though he’ll be playing, have his injury issues been resolved?

1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Have I missed something on Haring? Some people talking as though he’ll be playing, have his injury issues been resolved?

Robbie says he’s fit and ready to go. 

Rick Sanchez

Would be massively underwhelmed with Pawlett. Would rather go with Moore and Henderson in the championship tbh.

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Would be massively underwhelmed with Pawlett. Would rather go with Moore and Henderson in the championship tbh.

Agreed

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Definitely.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Seriously? Do i need to pull my troosers upto my chest to be cool now? 

Edit, just listened to his round the funnel interview, it was a "not unbuttoning the waistcoat" issue. Phew!! 

afraid so Typhoon, and make sure your hair (if any 😃) is plastered to the side of your head! 

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

afraid so Typhoon, and make sure your hair (if any 😃) is plastered to the side of your head! 

Baws, I'll never be cool☹️

Greedy Jambo

I feel a lot better knowing that JJ will be involved in recruitment, I also liked his wee dig at people signing players from youtube videos. 

57 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Burnley can still get Europe place depending on who wins FA Cup 

Tennant's  6's
24 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I feel a lot better knowing that JJ will be involved in recruitment, I also liked his wee dig at people signing players from youtube videos. 

Yep, and also the effort that he went to to try to see Adam play for himself. 

It is good to have him back.  

Dave McCreery's knee

Pawlett is biggest diver in Scottish football. Hope to never see him in a hearts jersey

19 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Burnley can still get Europe place depending on who wins FA Cup 

Yeah I realised that when I looked at the table but then surely Tottenham, Sheff Utd and Arsenal will get ahead of them.

6 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Yeah I realised that when I looked at the table but then surely Tottenham, Sheff Utd and Arsenal will get ahead of them.

Top 6 or 7 depending on results

Clerry Jambo
10 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I'd ****ing hate that diving wee prick Pawlett at Hearts. 😡😡😡

Snap