Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

William H. Bonney
7 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

How can you possibly say that about Nisbet before he has even kicked a ball in the top flight?  

And a player the vast majority of us will never have really seen play football. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

How can you possibly say that about Nisbet before he has even kicked a ball in the top flight?  

Not talking about any single player specifically, i'm talking generally, and over a few seasons. Where were we when McGinn, Allen, Boyle and others went to Hibs, and Mackay-Steven, Greg Stuart and others went to Aberdeen? How did they get Cosgrove while the McLean's, Mulraney's, Wighton's and Callaghan's of this world turned up at Tynie? They obviously scout far better than us and these players motioned have made a huge difference to those teams. Nisbet is potential, if he does well he gets his move to his beloved Celtic. I'm not saying he will or won't, I'm saying sometimes you to have to speculate to accumulate, something Hearts have been letting themselves down with for a few years now. £250k isn't a lot of money so after paying folk off, how can they afford that kind of money while FoH contributors pay that in in only two months? If there are other decent enough players out there and Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs are looking at the same similar market financially then chances are we'll be last in line, have been for a while. That's all I was saying.

7 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Because it’s cool to piss your pants.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

This is true. Almost impossible to pass judgement on him.

7 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Not talking about any single player specifically, i'm talking generally, and over a few seasons. Where were we when McGinn, Allen, Boyle and others went to Hibs, and Mackay-Steven, Greg Stuart and others went to Aberdeen? How did they get Cosgrove while the McLean's, Mulraney's, Wighton's and Callaghan's of this world turned up at Tynie? They obviously scout far better than us and these players motioned have made a huge difference to those teams. Nisbet is potential, if he does well he gets his move to his beloved Celtic. I'm not saying he will or won't, I'm saying sometimes you to have to speculate to accumulate, something Hearts have been letting themselves down with for a few years now. £250k isn't a lot of money so after paying folk off, how can they afford that kind of money while FoH contributors pay that in in only two months? If there are other decent enough players out there and Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs are looking at the same similar market financially then chances are we'll be last in line, have been for a while. That's all I was saying.

The problem you have with this is when Celtic know he only has eyes for them. Instead of bidding respectfully you have another McGinn situation where they think they can lowball and the club will cave. 

I'm pleased we didn't sign him because clauses like that relating to rivals are embarrassing and disrespectful. 

Our scouting department clearly needs overhauled the difference in players and consistency between us and Aberdeen is embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Robdawg said:

Any transfer news then?

I was about to post the same.

Even ridiculous, wild rumour would be better than the bickering and moaning about the fat Dunfermline-Hibs dude.

I don’t know how it’s possible for us to be identifying targets, talking to them, offering them deals etc, when we don’t know what league we’ll be in and therefore can’t know what budget we’ll have.

CG must have wanted to come back irrespective but getting someone outwith with no previous Hearts connection looks well nigh impossible at this stage. Another reason we need this mess sorted one way or the other ASAP.

I imagine if we did enquire ever make even a tentative enquiry about Nisbet his agent would have shut it down right away on that basis.

Edited by JimmyCant

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, OTT said:

On Djoum, when he first joined us he looked brilliant, then he started getting national caps and his quality performances petered out. 

There was a perception he wasn't trying hard enough but I think he was asked to play further back too, more as a holding midfielder than an attacking one. 

Odds are the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. The holding role likely pissed him off which had a knock on effect on his performances. Levein doesn't exactly play through the midfield most of the time too, so having the ball sailing over you 70% of the game again, is probably demotivating.

See accusing other posters of racism - Can you just **** off? Its so bloody lazy and debate stifling. 

However racism does exist, and undoubtedly is a prejudice many have. 

I simply believe that the ignorance is a lot of fans don't understand the game and the unselfish unseen part of it. Rather than racism. 

So much so that they blame Halkett. 

Hard to ignore really in the current climate, its highly likely some people have prejudices and JKB will have its share 

Just now, JimmyCant said:

I don’t know how it’s possible for us to be identifying targets, talking to them, offering them deals etc, when we don’t know what league we’ll be in and therefore can’t know what budget we’ll have.

CG must have wanted to come back irrespective but getting someone outwith with no previous Hearts connection looks well nigh impossible at this stage. Another reason we need this mess sorted one way or the other ASAP.

Maybe a potential budget deficit has been underwritten by the benefactors. Agree that potentially being in the Championship could be a deciding factor against joining us for some players though. Maybe there’s a few “lined up”, but waiting on the result of our arbitration.

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

CG was a special case .

Nisbet , whether Celtic/Hibs minded or not , is obviously going to opt for a guaranteed premier League side 

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Even ridiculous, wild rumour would be better than the bickering and moaning about the fat Dunfermline-Hibs dude.

I think the guy/posters who posted transfer news have been hounded that much it wouldn’t surprise anyone if they told the place to ram it.  Then everyone moans there’s no news. As for Djoum, technically the best midfielder we’ve had in years. 

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Maybe a potential budget deficit has been underwritten by the benefactors. Agree that potentially being in the Championship could be a deciding factor against joining us for some players though. Maybe there’s a few “lined up”, but waiting on the result of our arbitration.

Yeh I imagine we’ve got targets and a wish list in either scenario and perhaps even a couple who don’t care much if we’ll be in the championship for a season as long as we’re offering a good wedge. The good thing is there will be a huge pool of unemployed out of contract Players to pick from for a good while yet.

Back to transfer chat. 

What's people's list of players you would like to see us sign (realistic ones) 

Mine:

Josh Emmanuel - RB

Sam Nicholson

Steven Lawless

Ethan Hamilton

Sam & Lawless experienced wide men, know the league. 

Hamilton, young talented Scottish midfielder, can develop & sell

Josh, young attacking RB who has plenty of potential

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

I think the guy/posters who posted transfer news have been hounded that much it wouldn’t surprise anyone if they told the place to ram it.  Then everyone moans there’s no news. As for Djoum, technically the best midfielder we’ve had in years. 

I liked Djoum. Sort of skipped over the posts about him. Is he a target or a rumoured target?

3 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Back to transfer chat. 

Mine:

Josh Emmanuel - RB

Sam Nicholson

Steven Lawless

Ethan Hamilton

It's hard to say without knowing who is leaving. I'd like to see Sam back, yeah.

Polworth from Motherwell maybe? Not sure contract status

3 minutes ago, martoon said:

I liked Djoum. Sort of skipped over the posts about him. Is he a target or a rumoured target?

Nah just the same old he was shite/naw he wisnae arguement we bring up when there is feck all else current happening 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Nah just the same old he was shite/naw he wisnae arguement we bring up when there is feck all else current happening 

So I was right to skip over them? 😊

1 hour ago, heartmussel said:

Take this back,it’s a wind up Hibs mates know I’m living on the edge. Apologies,off for another blood pressure tablet 🤦‍♂️

Sounds like they're playing you like a fiddle , either man up and take the fight to those tramps or get new friends . 

1 minute ago, martoon said:

So I was right to skip over them? 😊

Unless you’ve got something new to add ... yes. 🤔

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, OTT said:

On Djoum, when he first joined us he looked brilliant, then he started getting national caps and his quality performances petered out. 

There was a perception he wasn't trying hard enough but I think he was asked to play further back too, more as a holding midfielder than an attacking one. 

Odds are the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. The holding role likely pissed him off which had a knock on effect on his performances. Levein doesn't exactly play through the midfield most of the time too, so having the ball sailing over you 70% of the game again, is probably demotivating.

See accusing other posters of racism - Can you just **** off? Its so bloody lazy and debate stifling. 

He was great under Robbie and suited the way his teams set up. Like many players he suffered being managed by Craig. Still our best all round midfielder when he left the club though. 

Rick Sanchez

It's a pain in the arse tbh.

Do you assemble a team for the Premiership?

Do you assemble a team to skoosh the Championship and immediately challenge for the top end of the Premiership the season after?

Or do you assemble a team to win the Championship whilst watching your spending since we don't know what attendances will be like and look to build a better squad at the start of a return to the Premiership?

It's a hard one and I'm sure they're discussing and possibly asking players to wait but you can understand if they don't.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, heartmussel said:

Take this back,it’s a wind up Hibs mates know I’m living on the edge. Apologies,off for another blood pressure tablet 🤦‍♂️

No wonder you’re living on the edge having Hibs fans as mates 🙈🤮😜

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Do you assemble a team to skoosh the Championship and immediately challenge for the top end of the Premiership the season after?

Or do you assemble a team to win the Championship whilst watching your spending since we don't know what attendances will be like and look to build a better squad at the start of a return to the Premiership?

It's a hard one and I'm sure they're discussing and possibly asking players to wait but you can understand if they don't.

He’s said he’s after pace out wide, if we do stay up he will have plenty of time to wheel and deal in other areas if he can make space. The irony being we might get rid of more players if we go down. 

35 minutes ago, martoon said:

Nah just loads of tit for tat shite as per 👍

aberhill jambo
52 minutes ago, martoon said:

Who’s going to sign for us just now nobody knows which league we will playing in this season 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, aberhill jambo said:

Who’s going to sign for us just now nobody knows which league we will playing in this season 

Craig Gordon.

59 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Back to transfer chat. 

Mine:

Josh Emmanuel - RB

Sam Nicholson

Steven Lawless

Ethan Hamilton

Berra will know all about him.

18 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Stendel took the blame losing his job.  He walked into a complete shit show left by Levein and had very little time to turn things around.  Not sure how you can blame him for Haulket being not good enough when he was similarly not good enough before he came to the club and that type of signing rightly got Levein sacked. 

Very little time? We were 2nd bottom before he took and left us 4 points adrift.

Really don’t get the love in with Stendel on here. We was an expensive flop and Budge done the right thing in getting rid.

39 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Nah just loads of tit for tat shite as per 👍

As I suspected, LL. 👍

13 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

@CJGJ For the avoidance of doubt I have just listened to the part of the Sportsound show when Tom English asks Robbie Neilson specifically about the story in the papers of Hearts trying to gazump Hibs for Nisbet and Wright to which Robbie replies that Hearts didn’t and more specifically stated “Neither were players we put offers to, or contacted clubs about”. 

I think it’s clear that @dazajmbo has been slavering about Nisbet. He was told as much by another poster who stated that Kevin Nisbet himself had told that poster that there had been no approach from Hearts.

Now read it again and this time slowly....'Neither were players we put offers to, or contacted clubs about'

So if we contacted his agent and discussed the wages and fee required then Robbie could state correctly his claim that the club was not contacted nor was the player made an offer.

Truly you are in this case it appears you are trusting of the individuals regarding just what goes on in football and that can be a good thing in life but sorry reality can always comes along and kick you up the backside.

How you want to interpret the situation will always be an individual decision...if he was asked did anyone from the club or acting on behalf of the club contact any representative of the player to discuss his position ? you may get a different answer

Would that be a bid ?...up to the individual I'd guess

21 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Very little time? We were 2nd bottom before he took and left us 4 points adrift.

Really don’t get the love in with Stendel on here. We was an expensive flop and Budge done the right thing in getting rid.

Yes.  Half a transfer window.   

11 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Now read it again and this time slowly....'Neither were players we put offers to, or contacted clubs about'

So if we contacted his agent and discussed the wages and fee required then Robbie could state correctly his claim that the club was not contacted nor was the player made an offer.

Truly you are in this case it appears you are trusting of the individuals regarding just what goes on in football and that can be a good thing in life but sorry reality can always comes along and kick you up the backside.

How you want to interpret the situation will always be an individual decision...if he was asked did anyone from the club or acting on behalf of the club contact any representative of the player to discuss his position ? you may get a different answer

I think the point here is that the ITK poster in question asserted that we had bid, it had been accepted, and the sticking point was the Celtic clause. That was clearly a slaver bomb by the ITK poster

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think the point here is that the ITK poster in question asserted that we had bid, it had been accepted, and the sticking point was the Celtic clause. That was clearly a slaver bomb by the ITK poster

Celtic clause..what Celtic clause for Nisbet ?

It may be you have posted in error

Just now, CJGJ said:Now read it again and this time slowly....'Neither were players we put offers to, or contacted clubs about'

Not unexpectedly an utter nonsense reply from you.

If we contacted his agent, without firstly contacting his club, we would be guilty of tapping up. So according to you Robbie isn’t a liar, he is just deceitful, as are Hearts, by not following the correct transfer procedure in attempting to sign a player. Not only are we lying and being deceitful, but we are doing it in relation to a player who played for Dunfermline, whose chairman - Ross MacArthur - just happens to be on the SPFL board, the same board we are taking to arbitration for not doing things fairly and correctly. I imagine that not only would that be a spectacular own goal for us, it would also be a brilliant opportunity for an SPFL board member to call us out as having double standards. Has he? No, thought not.

You just stick to defending Jimmy Osmand - the long haired slaver from Ullapool - and I’ll take the word of the manager of Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Nope there were folk on here saying we had offered Nisbet a contract but he wanted a clause that he could leave for Celtic for a certain fee !!

Edited by steve123

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Maybe you need to re-read the ‘ITK’ posters post before commenting.

Leveins Battalion

Maybe Daza did get fed info from somebody,clearly whoever that was has no idea what the feck is going on at Hearts.

1.We have never been in for Nisbet

2.Nicholson hasnt signed as indicated.

As for the fecking Dundee Courier making up some shite that we made last ditch bids for Nisbet and Drey Wright (Never heard of him btw) well this is to be expected from them,we are at war with one of their Citys club.Anything to have a dig at big bad Hearts is not to be missed.

aberhill jambo
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Craig Gordon.

Not who’s signed for us 

But who WILL sign for us

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, aberhill jambo said:

Not who’s signed for us 

But who WILL sign for us

Robbie has been in the job officially for a week,not even had one training session.

He said yesterday in his interview that he has had agents throwing players names at him.

Pretty sure there will be plenty players who would jump at the chance to sign for Hearts,but that doesnt meet your negative have a dig at Hearts narrative does it.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If we’re championship no need to sign anyone and a few will leave and we should still be good enough for promotion. This season teams in the premier league teams  will be cutting back to the bone so if we get promoted their won’t be a gulf next season. 

Only played a couple of games but I really liked the look of Sibbick, he played similar to Haring and if we were in the premier he would be one I’d like to see back. 

25 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Page 17 of this thread

6 hours ago, maroon said:

Surely this is an attempt at a wind up?? Djoum was our best player most games and did exactly what our centre mids can’t do, show for the ball in tight areas always going forward and playing the killer pass. Djoum hasn’t been replaced and if we had him this season there is no way we would’ve been 12th

Tbh, the whole Djoum 'debate' has been done to death, I just couldnt help myself with the post I replied to..but 2 of the 3 points I made were facts...ie his bookings and being joint top over one of his latter seasons, thats a factual stat...IMHO this was because he was wreckless in challenges...the 2nd factual element was the poster saying he scored goals!!!!...he did in his 1st season granted, he looked deadly, Cameron like in his threat...however his time with us thereafter over 2-3 seasons, his goal threat and actual goals scored was pituful....any player can show for a ball, but if they are facing their own goal and give the ball away more often than not, thats not a strong point to be admired! That is my subjective opinion, but like I say, you cant argue re the two other points I made...

24 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Page 17 of this thread

Ahh the  paragraph below..you can't have it both ways.

Claims re a fantasy clause are to be believed yet in the same post we have spoken to the player .... yet now some are telling us that's a lie as Robbie told us....

we had made no bid, had no contact etc etc yet...so we have not been in contact yet we are to believe a fantasy clause from the contact that did not take place 😄

Some need to get their facts right

'In regards to Nisbet, offer accepted from Hearts, rejected bid from hibs, offered him a contract which he is currently considering.  Last I heard he wanted a clause that would allow him to leave if Celtic were to come in for him. The club have said no to that. Talk of it stalling over a release clause as the club are hoping for a good return in the future. '

Sorry but to imagine that what Robbie said means there was never any contact of any sort is nonsense

In the not so recent past a 'friendly journalist' was often the contact between clubs and players to avoid the saving of face should the player or club reject a deal

6 hours ago, lost in space said:

The reason Djoum got dogs abuse was because he was so good - but couldnt be bothered. He had/has ability and you are right - we would not have been bottom if he had been with us last year.

Fans dont usually get on a players back if he is doing the best he can but when a player is not fully committed, the fans can tell.

He didnt try hard enough - especially against weaker teams.  He didnt push forward enough - content to make a short sideways pass.

Perhaps down to poor coaching but he did not reach his undoubted potential at Tynecastle.

This is more on the money...he lacked discipline and motivation, 100%. Thats why I was so angry & frustrated watching him. He literally downed tools in his desire and application after the success with Cameroon. No question. I agree he never reached his potential with us. 

Edited by GavK1012
Typo

Stendelnator

Why are people desperate for "ITK" posters to be correct, even tying themselves up in knots to try and justify it? Daza may have gotten some stuff right in the past but he's taken a wild punt at this, put in some details he thought would make it more convincing and hoped for the best.

But no, our manager is the one who is lying.