Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

David Black
34 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The old Djoum chat.

Djoum was good when he could be arsed. His salary was not justified by his overall record and performance.

Agree 100%.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

I liked Djoum when we played him further forward. He had a final ball in him and he made late runs into the box, scoring a few. The further back we moved him the less effective he became, and I think he did sometimes lose interest as a result. Playing him in the holding role really found out his shortcomings. Rarely on his man and had to constantly make a late tackle to recover. That’s why he was booked week in week out. Certainly not the worst midfield player of the Budge era but just one of many wasted by Erroneous coaching decisions.

lost in space
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No I'm saying he tried and wasn't lazy. 

That was clear in my post. 

So - you are saying he was not lazy.

But you arnt disagreeing with all the things I suggested he could have done - but didnt???

Why do you think so many fans "got on his back"? - because they are all clueless?

The reason I (and many other fans) was/were so frustrated  by him was because he was so good - but didnt push himself.

He did try when he wanted to and was not lazy at times - but he did not put in total effort often enough.

Surely you can see this............

Just wikid him and his career stats come as no surprise to me.

Playing for Hearts was the peak of his club career.

Been a pro 15 years and has not even played 250 senior club games.

File away with Laryea Kingston in the Hearts archives.

He is now playing for a diddy team in the Arabian desert.

His attitude stank imo.

16 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Major part of the problem was the terrible midfield in front of them, with Haring out of the team we didnt have anyone in there providing any protection.

I think it's hard to blame one person for the number of calls we conceded.

We had a crap goalkeeper, gave the ball away far too cheaply in midfield held too high a defensive line under Stendel without the pace to defend pacey strikers.

The players confidence was at an all time low so a combination of all of those things resulted in why we lost so many goals.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Just wikid him and his career stats come as no surprise to me.

Playing for Hearts was the peak of his club career.

Been a pro 15 years and has not even played 250 senior club games.

File away with Laryea Kingston in the Hearts archives.

He is now playing for a diddy team in the Arabian desert.

His attitude stank imo.

he has actually played 330 club games in his career. Look at the clib stats on the wiki page not the table on the right hand side. it shows including cup games he had played in 305 games until he left us, for his current club be has played 25 games (22 league, 3 cup)

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

So - you are saying he was not lazy.

But you arnt disagreeing with all the things I suggested he could have done - but didnt???

Why do you think so many fans "got on his back"? - because they are all clueless?

The reason I (and many other fans) was/were so frustrated  by him was because he was so good - but didnt push himself.

He did try when he wanted to and was not lazy at times - but he did not put in total effort often enough.

Surely you can see this............

Another debate, not for this thread. 

I do disagree with most of what you said( not all) , although at least it was a bit more coherent and not just "he's lazy". 

Slagging a player by saying he's lazy, is lazy in itself, at least this time you put a bit more effort into your rant and Slagging - well done. 

You have improved your player slating technique if nothing else by putting a little more effort into them, you needed pushed tho, next time do it straight away, don't be so lazy 😜

17 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I liked Djoum when we played him further forward. He had a final ball in him and he made late runs into the box, scoring a few. The further back we moved him the less effective he became, and I think he did sometimes lose interest as a result. Playing him in the holding role really found out his shortcomings. Rarely on his man and had to constantly make a late tackle to recover. That’s why he was booked week in week out. Certainly not the worst midfield player of the Budge era but just one of many wasted by Erroneous coaching decisions.

I thought he was actually playing really well and forming a good understanding with Johnsen just when he got his bad achilles injury and then of course we punted Johnsen.

Edited by wavydavy

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

he has actually played 330 club games in his career. Look at the clib stats on the wiki page not the table on the right hand side. it shows including cup games he had played in 305 games until he left us, for his current club be has played 25 games (22 league, 3 cup)

Look into the list of clubs though. All pro clubs?

complete control
59 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yes, to an extent. it should be 31 pages, generally about Hearts transfer news. 

Clues in the thread title. 🤔

Go away  hibs person 

Leveins Battalion

Anyhoo any chat?🤣🤣

Any update on Nicholson?Lewis MacLeod not mentioned on here?

Edited by Leveins Battalion

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Look into the list of clubs though. All pro clubs?

you said senior games, not pro clubs. stop moving the goalposts once you have lost your argument

Bazzas right boot
Just now, complete control said:

Go away  hibs person 

Did you think of that all by yourself? 

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

The reason Djoum got dogs abuse was because he was so good - but couldnt be bothered. He had/has ability and you are right - we would not have been bottom if he had been with us last year.

Fans dont usually get on a players back if he is doing the best he can but when a player is not fully committed, the fans can tell.

He didnt try hard enough - especially against weaker teams.  He didnt push forward enough - content to make a short sideways pass.

Perhaps down to poor coaching but he did not reach his undoubted potential at Tynecastle.

Actually, I think it’s more down to your average fan not actually understanding what they are watching. Djoum was doing all the right things and since he’s left, we’ve struggled to find someone else who does that. The abuse of Djoum highlighted a ridiculous lack of comprehension from some of our supporters.

complete control
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yes, to an extent. it should be 31 pages, generally about Hearts transfer news. 

Clues in the thread title. 🤔

Hearts transfer news and your talking about djoum ??

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think it's hard to blame one person for the number of calls we conceded.

We had a crap goalkeeper, gave the ball away far too cheaply in midfield held too high a defensive line under Stendel without the pace to defend pacey strikers.

The players confidence was at an all time low so a combination of all of those things resulted in why we lost so many goals.

Sad, but 100% true. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, complete control said:

Hearts transfer news and your talking about djoum ??

Who were you previously, before you lost complete control of your posts and got banned? 

Just now, milky_26 said:

you said senior games, not pro clubs. stop moving the goalposts once you have lost your argument

Lost the argument?

My argument was his salary was not justified by his overall stats for Hearts. How do you disprove this?

I also think he has had a poor club career and his attitude stank. All pretty clearly true.

I can prove his attitude stank as he had immense ability and never fully realised his potential. Instead he has chased the money playing in diddy land.

lost in space
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Another debate, not for this thread. 

I do disagree with most of what you said( not all) , although at least it was a bit more coherent and not just "he's lazy". 

Slagging a player by saying he's lazy, is lazy in itself, at least this time you put a bit more effort into your rant and Slagging - well done. 

You have improved your player slating technique if nothing else by putting a little more effort into them, you needed pushed tho, next time do it straight away, don't be so lazy 😜

Haha - thanks your post did make me smile. Thanks also for pushing me to up my performance.

Hearts of Vladland
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

Djoum has only played in the top leagues of Belgium, Poland, Netherlands, Scotland, Turkey and now Saudi, he has never played second tier football so will always have played professional football.

complete control
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who were you previously, before you lost complete control of your posts and got banned? 

Banned  ?  Do u just come on hear to wind up  Hearts fans ie. Your last comment. Hibs winning the Scottish cup  ?

Hearts of Vladland
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Lost the argument?

My argument was his salary was not justified by his overall stats for Hearts. How do you disprove this?

I also think he has had a poor club career and his attitude stank. All pretty clearly true.

I can prove his attitude stank as he had immense ability and never fully realised his potential. Instead he has chased the money playing in diddy land.

Can you prove his salary? Prove his attitude stank then, go for it.

15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think it's hard to blame one person for the number of goals we conceded.

Just realised I had said "calls" instead of goals.😍

lost in space
4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Actually, I think it’s more down to your average fan not actually understanding what they are watching. Djoum was doing all the right things and since he’s left, we’ve struggled to find someone else who does that. The abuse of Djoum highlighted a ridiculous lack of comprehension from some of our supporters.

He WAS "doing all the right things" but like Eric Morecombe - not all at the right time.  Djoum did all the right things - just not often enough.

I dont think it was a lack of comprehension by supporters.  Too many had that view.

Just now, lost in space said:

He WAS "doing all the right things" but like Eric Morecombe - not all at the right time.  Djoum did all the right things - just not often enough.

I dont think it was a lack of comprehension by supporters.  Too many had that view.

Too many fans lack comprehension imo.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Lost the argument?

His salary at Hearts won't have been astronomical even if he was one of our highest earners. 

He was a good all round midfielder, yes he didn't always play his best, but which of our players are always on form? 

For Club Career. 

120 Matches in Eredivise

League Champion with Lech Poznan

132 Games for Hearts - 15 Goals,18 Assists

Also African Cup of Nations Winner

So for a player for Hearts. That a pretty good  career. 

Also the 'diddy arabian league' isn't a bad as you think despite I'm sure never watching it. 

As someone who lived in over there the quality is coming up very fast

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, complete control said:

Banned  ?  Do u just come on hear to wind up  Hearts fans ie. Your last comment. Hibs winning the Scottish cup  ?

You joined last month, how do you know about a thread 4 years ago? 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Haha - thanks your post did make me smile. Thanks also for pushing me to up my performance.

😜 Take it easy 

heartmussel
2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:lol:

So, any transfer news?

Just received a text saying Stephen O’Donnell to Hibs on a 2 year deal👀Thought rumours were he was on his way to us🤷‍♂️

heartmussel
2 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Just received a text saying Stephen O’Donnell to Hibs on a 2 year deal👀Thought rumours were he was on his way to us🤷‍♂️

Take this back,it’s a wind up Hibs mates know I’m living on the edge. Apologies,off for another blood pressure tablet 🤦‍♂️

Tynecastlesmychurch
3 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

For supposedly being broke that’s another good bit of business if true.

On Djoum, when he first joined us he looked brilliant, then he started getting national caps and his quality performances petered out. 

There was a perception he wasn't trying hard enough but I think he was asked to play further back too, more as a holding midfielder than an attacking one. 

Odds are the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. The holding role likely pissed him off which had a knock on effect on his performances. Levein doesn't exactly play through the midfield most of the time too, so having the ball sailing over you 70% of the game again, is probably demotivating.

See accusing other posters of racism - Can you just **** off? Its so bloody lazy and debate stifling. 

Tennant's  6's

It's all just rumours just now, or folk just arsing about throwing names out there. 

I'd want him at Hearts, but he seemed more keen on a move down south again, or to a club that would definitely do better than killie.

4 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Don’t think there was rumours he was coming to us just a few of us would of liked him too.

Tynecastlesmychurch
1 minute ago, heartmussel said:

Take this back,it’s a wind up Hibs mates know I’m living on the edge. Apologies,off for another blood pressure tablet 🤦‍♂️

😂ffs man! I just quoted you too! 

Hibs are already a disgrace by the way they have signed players & payed transfer fees while issuing wage cuts & redundancies. 

No players ready to step up from their 'famous academy' that is no more? 

complete control
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You joined last month, how do you know about a thread 4 years ago? 

For the amount of slaggin you've taken for it. Think I wouldn't come on here after that comment.  U seem to not bother about that statement . 😂😂😂

Tennant's  6's
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Levein doesn't exactly play through the midfield most of the time too, so having the ball sailing over you 70% of the game again, is probably demotivating.

That seems to have been a common trend in recent yrs. Mitchell, Morrison etc all showed promising signs and then just regressed beyond all recognition. 

I didn't listen too much to the Laff podcast, but he did give the impression of a pretty stale & negative atmosphere in training with little enthusiasm or banter. 

Edited by Tennant's 6's

Not been in here for a while , and I can see why. Still the same petty arguments in every thread instead of the actual thread subject. Pathetic.

Opinion on Djoum is a good litmus test of someone's understanding of the basics of football imo.

He's pish, lazy, wasye of ability: file under "probably never player, certainly not got a clue.

He was the one who tried to make us tick, quietly effective, occasionally fantastic, but he was a bit unlucky with injury, plus often surrounded by shite or misused by his manager: a more rounded view.

Some with ability and application of Arnaud in every position, we'd be top 3 certs.

20 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Halkett is out of his depth at Hearts. We should release him and sign some proper centerhalfs. 

If I knew how, I'd make a video showing how shite he is. One of the worst centerhalfs I've ever seen in a Maroon Jersey. Everything he does defensively is piss poor. 

I don't disagree. That's why, like I said, he's better in front of the defence. Handy for goals as well, as an ex-striker. I don't think he's top level but in the Championship, he'll do fine. After that (promotion), i'd be looking at other alternatives though.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, complete control said:

For the amount of slaggin you've taken for it. Think I wouldn't come on here after that comment.  U seem to not bother about that statement . 😂😂😂

But how do you know about the thread and discussion? 

Or are you showing a complete lack of control, knowledge and awareness and just going along with other posters without any original thought of your own?

Or, where you a previous poster bested in jkb verbal combat and banned for losing complete control and just following that patern of behaviour under a different guise?

Im guessing the latter. ,

Either way, away you go and annoy someone else. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Opinion on Djoum is a good litmus test of someone's understanding of the basics of football imo.

He's pish, lazy, wasye of ability: file under "probably never player, certainly not got a clue.

He was the one who tried to make us tick, quietly effective, occasionally fantastic, but he was a bit unlucky with injury, plus often surrounded by shite or misused by his manager: a more rounded view.

Some with ability and application of Arnaud in every position, we'd be top 3 certs.

11 smiths/ djoums types, imagine! 

bajthejambo

I liked Djoum, but found him a bit frustrating at times. He didn't protect the ball well enough and his tackling ability was a tad old school to be polite. With that being said, he never hid and had a presence we've lacked since he left. He was a victim of accomodation too. The times he played on the right for example.

Governor Tarkin
45 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Too many fans lack comprehension imo.

We need more lack of comprehension imo.

27 minutes ago, OTT said:

On Djoum, when he first joined us he looked brilliant, then he started getting national caps and his quality performances petered out. 

There was a perception he wasn't trying hard enough but I think he was asked to play further back too, more as a holding midfielder than an attacking one. 

Odds are the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. The holding role likely pissed him off which had a knock on effect on his performances. Levein doesn't exactly play through the midfield most of the time too, so having the ball sailing over you 70% of the game again, is probably demotivating.

See accusing other posters of racism - Can you just **** off? Its so bloody lazy and debate stifling. 

I didn't like him because I'm racist.

25 minutes ago, complete control said:

He lacks comprehension.

19 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Not been in here for a while , and I can see why. Still the same petty arguments in every thread instead of the actual thread subject. Pathetic.

We need more petty arguments imo.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

But how do you know about the thread and discussion? 

Or are you showing a complete lack of control, knowledge and awareness and just going along with other posters without any original thought of your own?

Or, where you a previous poster bested in jkb verbal combat and banned for losing complete control and just following that patern of behaviour under a different guise?

Im guessing the latter. ,

Either way, away you go and annoy someone else. 

Hiya Smithy.

Hiya pal.

20 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

O'Donnell would be a great replacement for Smith. Sell Smith for 300k-500k, give O'Donnell a decent sign on fee on a four year deal and we're fine at right back for the next 3 years.

O'Donnell would be the perfect foil for Clare to concentrate on attacking. And before people start getting on at me, I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that Smith wants away, if not I'm happy with him.

I expect O'Donnell at Aberdeen or Hibs on Monday :laugh:

I said when Steve Clarke was at Killie he was one of their better players. Clarke got the best out of quite a few players I thought would make a difference in a Hearts team. O'Donnell, Jones, Power, Brophy and Taylor all impressed me when watching them. Taylor especially with our constant trouble with left-back. Greg Stuart was another before he went back to Aberdeen then Rangers 2012.

If Smith decides he wants to leave then we could do worse than to bring O'Donnell in. Him and Brandon for right-back spot.

But you're probably right about one thing....he'll end up at Hibs or Aberdeen like so many others we should've been looking at over the last three years or so. The latest now being Nisbet signing for Hibs. Too slow off the block for these players and have been for a long time. Hibs and Aberdeen's gain is our loss, as usual.

Fitzroy Pointon
7 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I said when Steve Clarke was at Killie he was one of their better players. Clarke got the best out of quite a few players I thought would make a difference in a Hearts team. O'Donnell, Jones, Power, Brophy and Taylor all impressed me when watching them. Taylor especially with our constant trouble with left-back. Greg Stuart was another before he went back to Aberdeen then Rangers 2012.

If Smith decides he wants to leave then we could do worse than to bring O'Donnell in. Him and Brandon for right-back spot.

But you're probably right about one thing....he'll end up at Hibs or Aberdeen like so many others we should've been looking at over the last three years or so. The latest now being Nisbet signing for Hibs. Too slow off the block for these players and have been for a long time. Hibs and Aberdeen's gain is our loss, as usual.

How can you possibly say that about Nisbet before he has even kicked a ball in the top flight?  

the sub goalie
55 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Have Hibs not just signed Paul McGinn who is also a right back?  

O'Donnell would be a great signing for us if Smith was to depart and exactly the type of player I would like to see us sign.  Adding better performers from our rivals, they know the league etc and would give us good solid foundation.