Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

He is good in the box. He played most of his career as a striker until he went to Clyde. I remember him scoring against u playing upfront for Rangers in the Scottish youth Cup final. He's always been good in the opposition box. Doesn't seem to win headers facing the other way. 🤷

He looks like he has bulked up to play centre half, I hope it is just muscle but I have my doubts about that after he came back from injury. If he could get a bit leaner again I could see a potential centre forward emerging again. Not sure if he has a good enough first touch though.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Rick Sanchez

O'Donnell would be a great replacement for Smith. Sell Smith for 300k-500k, give O'Donnell a decent sign on fee on a four year deal and we're fine at right back for the next 3 years.

O'Donnell would be the perfect foil for Clare to concentrate on attacking. And before people start getting on at me, I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that Smith wants away, if not I'm happy with him.

I expect O'Donnell at Aberdeen or Hibs on Monday :laugh:

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Is it not rumoured that Farmer gets a sizeable chunk of the sell on? 

Possibly, as far as I’m aware they haven’t published last years accounts yet which is strange. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Whatsthefuture said:

The strength of Stephen O’Donnell when playing against a Hearts last season was like men and boys. Very strong in terms of an SPFL player. In listening to him today certainly does not sound like he has anything certain. Waiting to start training with a Hamilton as a stop gap

Is a bit weird but I haven’t watched him that much in games, is he a poor defender maybe? He certainly knows where the goals are and would be a good signing for us, depending on what happens with Smith if he goes or plays CH. 

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Halkett is out of his depth at Hearts. We should release him and sign some proper centerhalfs. 

If I knew how, I'd make a video showing how shite he is. One of the worst centerhalfs I've ever seen in a Maroon Jersey. Everything he does defensively is piss poor. 

Agree completely. The guy is murder, hopefully some team come in with a foolish offer. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Is it not rumoured that Farmer gets a sizeable chunk of the sell on? 

Most likely. When they 'bought' Stokes many years ago, it was Farmer and his cronies who stumped up. When he was sold, Hibs didn't see the profit 

Samuel Camazzola

Is Jackson Irvine still unattached since leaving Hull? As he isn't playing out the season, I got the impression he must have had something lined up or was moving to Oz. 

Stendelnator

Neilson saying Hearts never tried to sign Nisbet at any point. Says he tried to sign him for Dundee Utd but not us. Says he suspects it was agent talk to get more money. 

MarkDevriesScores4

Robbie just confirmed Hearts made no approach for the 2 players hibs signed. 

another fabrication from either the player’s agents or the media.

Just tuned in to the tail end of Sportsound. Has robbie said anything about the current squad or any names been mentioned to him?

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Who to believe. 

Robbie 

Or the ITK on here and the media.🤣🤣

Aye, it’s quite the ****in quandary.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Grealish to Leeds ?...what world is this going to be true in

Sometimes you just shake your head and wonder about the madness of a post.

Given he has just bought a house in the Manchester area I doubt that..no more than that ..its simply not true

Leeds United are a massive club ready for a massive investment 

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hopefully not but it’s a fair whack for them if they get a 5-10% cut of that. 

Lot of 💩 Grealish will be at least £50m he's decent but so is McGinn but not as good

MarkDevriesScores4
20 minutes ago, gov said:

Just tuned in to the tail end of Sportsound. Has robbie said anything about the current squad or any names been mentioned to him?

Typical Robbie kept his cards close to his chest, didn’t give away much. Said a few in and a few out is likely. Again, specifically looking for wide attacking players. 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Has Hickey gone? 😳

No, sorry for the panic caused :D  There is a rumor he's sold, not confirmed.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

O'Donnell would be a great replacement for Smith. Sell Smith for 300k-500k, give O'Donnell a decent sign on fee on a four year deal and we're fine at right back for the next 3 years.

O'Donnell would be the perfect foil for Clare to concentrate on attacking. And before people start getting on at me, I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that Smith wants away, if not I'm happy with him.

I'd be ok with this.

Whatsthefuture
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Is a bit weird but I haven’t watched him that much in games, is he a poor defender maybe? He certainly knows where the goals are and would be a good signing for us, depending on what happens with Smith if he goes or plays CH. 

very good SPFL type signing. 

26 minutes ago, gov said:

No names.  He wants some players in and some out.  He's happy with a majority of current players.  Says they still have to win back the fans respect however.

I don't think we'll be signing anyone until after the tribunal decision.  Unless we can find a quality winger that what's to commit regardless of the division we end up in.

Whatsthefuture
10 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Lot of 💩 Grealish will be at least £50m he's decent but so is McGinn but not as good

Pals in Birmingham say Grealish plays much better with McGinn in the team

Samuel Camazzola
7 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

No, sorry for the panic caused :D  There is a rumor he's sold, not confirmed.

I know his Dad had been speaking up on his behalf to potentially seek a move but the boy needs games before going elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Grealish to Leeds ?...what world is this going to be true in

Sometimes you just shake your head and wonder about the madness of a post.

Given he has just bought a house in the Manchester area I doubt that..no more than that ..its simply not true

Grealish wouldn’t get a game in Leeds midfield. 

3 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

O'Donnell would be great, think he might wait out and see if he gets a good offer so maybe would be a late one if we have a chance

Lawless is a no brainer for me. 

11 Goals & 9 assists last season for Livi

He is a good creator, a bit like Walker in that he doesn't stay wide & likes to drift inside to shoot

And he wouldn't be pricey wages 

Where has the Lawless rumours come from? Anything substantial?

Agree that both O’Donnell and Lawless would both be good signings. The latter more likely than the former.

rip van tinkle
5 minutes ago, Whatsthefuture said:

Yep, see Allen and McGeouch. Pish without him 

Hectormasson
24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Leeds United are a massive club ready for a massive investment 

Biggest club in Yorkshire,  and one of biggest in england definetly.......the proverbial sleeping giant..........

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Biggest club in Yorkshire,  and one of biggest in england definetly.......the proverbial sleeping giant..........

Pretty sure they have been in talks for a while. 

Needs ground development 

8 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Where has the Lawless rumours come from? Anything substantial?

Agree that both O’Donnell and Lawless would both be good signings. The latter more likely than the former.

No rumour, just few of us here saying he is the type we should be looking at. 

Cheap wages, proven at this level so pretty low risk. 

He would bite our hand off for the step up I'm sure

complete control
20 minutes ago, Whatsthefuture said:

They r odds on to go down and these 2 have been their main midfield players all season.   🙄

Clerry Jambo

Don’t quite understand the halkett chat. The lad scored a few important goals for us. Our defending in general was school boy at times, however that wasn’t just down to him. 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Who to believe. 

Robbie 

Or the ITK on here and the media.🤣🤣

but the details...

the cash, the clauses. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

TyphoonJambo
52 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I'd be ok with this.

Me too, we need proper big, hard as ****k solid defenfers. 

14 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Don’t quite understand the halkett chat. The lad scored a few important goals for us. Our defending in general was school boy at times, however that wasn’t just down to him. 

Correct.

Having a semi competent goalkeeper behind him will help.

Biggest and most important relationship on the park is that between a centre half and a keeper.

Halkett will be fine next season and as you say will pop up with 8/10 goals.

Thankfully the clowns wanting rid will be disappointed.

Whatsthefuture
32 minutes ago, complete control said:

They r odds on to go down and these 2 have been their main midfield players all season.   🙄

When I was down in February talk of Man Utd for Grealish £60m and McGinn to Newcastle £35m was doing the rounds with Villa guys and they were not happy with it. Was not surprised when watching the Man U game the other night and Grealish seemed very friendly with some of the Utd players

Edited by Whatsthefuture

24 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I like him and he’s the type we will need if we end up in the championship, we had too many shitebags last season 

TyphoonJambo
8 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Correct.

Having a semi competent goalkeeper behind him will help.

Biggest and most important relationship on the park is that between a centre half and a keeper.

Halkett will be fine next season and as you say will pop up with 8/10 goals.

Thankfully the clowns wanting rid will be disappointed.

If Harring doesn't make it back, which i hope he does, Halkett as a DM would be my choice. 

30 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Major part of the problem was the terrible midfield in front of them, with Haring out of the team we didnt have anyone in there providing any protection.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

Major part of the problem was the terrible midfield in front of them, with Haring out of the team we didnt have anyone in there providing any protection.

No Djoum or Haring to get back in and win it back 

4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Looks good but always wary of youtube cvs nowadays

Yes.  It's no indication to his pace if he has any.  Just a good goal :)   Looks  like   Andy Driver type winger, same size, no sure about skill or pace.

Edited by HMFC01

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Exactly, get him in front of the CH, get Berra back there and look to fast track the promising youngster, forget his name. Disregard this if reinstated to spfl mind

18 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Just as a refreshing change I’d quite like RN to publicly say whether Hearts spoke to Nisbet or made any type of enquiry about him. 

While I appreciate Nicholson is a free agent RN was quite up front in saying that he would speak to him and see where it led. If Nicholson signs on elsewhere it would be good to hear whether any discussion did take place. Doesn’t need to be any great detail.

If newspapers are printing inaccurate stories then I’d be happy for the club to publicly correct them on it. It would at least give the fans some idea of who we can and commit trust.

So I’m led to believe my desire for a refreshing change might have come true and RN rubbished the rumours we made a bid for Nisbet on Sportsound apparently. Can anyone provide an update as to what he said?

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

So I’m led to believe my desire for a refreshing change might have come true and RN rubbished the rumours we made a bid for Nisbet on Sportsound apparently. Can anyone provide an update as to what he said?

He was interested in Nisbet in Jan when at Dundee United, nothing at all happened with either of them and Hearts this week or anytime.

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

He was interested in Nisbet in Jan when at Dundee United, nothing at all happened with either of them and Hearts this week or anytime.

Either of them?

kingantti1874
58 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

He’s a liability, that attempt at a pass against motherwell was one of the stupidest things I’ve seen.. apparently (and I can’t confirm this) he was the one who dug heels in the most re pay cut

4 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Nisbet or the winger hibs signed 

Apologies for all the questions but any chat from RN about Sam Nicholson?

Edited by Ethan Hunt

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Apologies for all the questions but any chat from RN about Sam Nicholson?

Not that I heard, he said it was width and pace were after but never mentioned names