Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

mellors1874

sorry for asking where is written we went for the boy from st Johnstone see it on Twitter but haven't read one article about it 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

He wont be there for long. His sale is covering everything, from the leckie bill to dumpsters travel lodge bill. Unfortunately it also looks like fat ass McGinn will invoke his right to move after relegation, getting them some sell on wonga. 

Someone needs to want McGinn first. Certainly won’t be any of the big hitters judging by his recent performances. The Man Utd/Chelsea rumours will soon be Bournemouth/Newcastle. No one will be spending big this summer. So unfortunate for Hibs 

Guest ToqueJambo

I can't comment on any of these Hibs signings quality wise (although Nesbitt seems to be a prospect), and ignoring the sheer bawbagness of sacking staff and at the same time paying transfer fees and boasting about it, they're not exactly upgrades on what they had before in those positions and they still have a very thin squad.

I'm dubious about the story Neilson went for him. It is likely to be a case of 1 + 1 = 3 as Neilson wanted him while at Utd. We might have put a sneaky low bid in without knowing what Hibs bid, but no chance we're looking to pay 250k right now IMO, especially with so many strikers already on our books. Mark down as creative journalism with no foundation.

Neilson in fact in the press has said he wants wide men first and foremost. Out of those 3 surely the St Johnstone winger would be the most likely to go for?

Edited by ToqueJambo

33 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Stephen O Donnell still without a club 

Think Neilson was interested in him when he was at United.

Might look at him if smith moves on.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Let's get back on topic and forget the Hobos !! Who we signing ? Who you'd like to see us sign etc etc etc 

57 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

If we're in the Prem then we might have a chance but there's no way he'd come to Hearts in the Championship unfortunately. He'd be a good signing though. 

26 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Think Neilson was interested in him when he was at United.

Might look at him if smith moves on.

Smith isn't really the kind of Full Back Neilson really likes tho. Would be better at CB imo

Robbie likes fast full backs for overlap & crossing. Worked for us 1st time and he had it at MK as well. 

Only at Utd he struggled a bit with getting them. 

Thought we might move for the young guy Callum Brittain who has left MK. RB that Robbie promoted from the academy there

49 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If we're in the Prem then we might have a chance but there's no way he'd come to Hearts in the Championship unfortunately. He'd be a good signing though. 

Yip, he really would be if Smith was moving south

comradejambo
58 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Possibly correct. However I know it’s not a definite deal breaker. Believe he will make decision near the end of this month. He loves The facilities at Riccarton and know Naismith is a big fan of his. Heard Neilson and McCulloch are fans. 

Think the real question is if a championship club in England comes calling with life changing money. If not we’ve got a decent shot. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Let's get back on topic and forget the Hobos !! Who we signing ? Who you'd like to see us sign etc etc etc 

Yeah, love to hear who we are after, or if anyone is on their way out.

I agree with others that we dont really need another striker unless Uche and Washington are off. We need creative players as that is where we suffered badly last year. We currently have 3 left backs so would only make a move if 2 left. Right back is the same. I would look to a new centre back (though would be interesting if they look to use Chris Hamilton as 4th choice.) 

11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I agree with others that we dont really need another striker unless Uche and Washington are off. We need creative players as that is where we suffered badly last year. We currently have 3 left backs so would only make a move if 2 left. Right back is the same. I would look to a new centre back (though would be interesting if they look to use Chris Hamilton as 4th choice.) 

Exactly.

That has to be the primary focus. We have players who can score but we do need some pace and creativity in the wide areas. Chance creators. 

Re the striker department I wouldn’t be adverse to bringing another striker in but only on the condition that we move on wighton and uche or if Washington leaves

Maybe a defender or creative midfielder but again, one out, one in type scenario 

We all want to see new signings and I will bet there are players that have been identified. What folk need to realise is that without having any clarity on where we will be playing next season or in fact if compensation is coming our way, without having an exact amount, we may have more or less to pay for players. So it makes it a little bit difficult for us at the moment. It will happen but patience required

If we get Nicholson then him and walker would be the 1st picks as wingers (as it stands) 

I would bet that we will go with 2 wingers 

As said, if Sam signs then we should sign another 

That would leave Us with 5 who can play there - Jamie, Sam, Anthony, Euan and Lewis (6 if u include Washington although would prefer to see him up front) 

For the last 3 wide wingers - Lewis, Anthony and Euan, this is going to be a big season for them. The recent contracts given to 2 out of the 3 is telling that we are going to give them game time. Now is the time for all of them to really go and prove the consistency on a week to week basis 

They need to step up and prove that they have what it takes 

Edited by Hearts1975
Typo error

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Washington will be away 100%

What makes you think that ?

Dont really get the impression that he wants to leave, hence the question 

2 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Funnily enough I picked him up out of contract in summer 2020, in football manager.

Got all arsey when he was second choice to Toby Sibbick and I sold him the following summer.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I can't comment on any of these Hibs signings quality wise (although Nesbitt seems to be a prospect), and ignoring the sheer bawbagness of sacking staff and at the same time paying transfer fees and boasting about it, they're not exactly upgrades on what they had before in those positions and they still have a very thin squad.

I'm dubious about the story Neilson went for him. It is likely to be a case of 1 + 1 = 3 as Neilson wanted him while at Utd. We might have put a sneaky low bid in without knowing what Hibs bid, but no chance we're looking to pay 250k right now IMO, especially with so many strikers already on our books. Mark down as creative journalism with no foundation.

Neilson in fact in the press has said he wants wide men first and foremost. Out of those 3 surely the St Johnstone winger would be the most likely to go for?

Got to agree. I find the whole delving into your rivals finances a bit weird if I'm honest. Proper hobo behaviour, but with that said, Budge got it absolutely stinking when she saw what was coming and immediately moved to cut wages rather than push for deferrals. You can say what you want about her but she's played it 100% straight with the players. Deferrals like the route Hibs and Aberdeen went down, only to suddenly ask for cuts too is some brass neck.

Now Hibs despite agreeing deferrals, then cuts have now began laying off coaching staff and have now spent decent money on a player. If I was a Hibs player, I'd be feeling pretty annoyed and let down. I assume most players would agree to cuts or deferrals on the understanding that non-playing staff would be protected by their actions. So its galling to see that if I'm honest. Its interesting that the media aren't really jumping on that unlike when they got wind John Murray was looking for agents to pass along the names of any players that might be interested in joining us.  What Hibs have done is scummy, without a shadow of a doubt and its a thousand times worse IMO, I'm amazed at the medias lack of interest in this angle considering their bottom feeding nature tbh. 

Siphiwe Tshabalala

It’s an absolute disgrace Hibs have made X amount of youth coaches redundant and then gone on to sign 1st team players. Sounds about right. 

Feel sorry for all of the coaches affected, because they will be forgotten about, well after the players are.

15 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

If we get Nicholson then him and walker would be the 1st picks as wingers (as it stands) 

That would leave Us with 5 who can play there - Jamie, Sam, Anthony, Euan and Lewis (6 if u include Washington although would prefer to see him up front) 

For the last 3 wide wingers - Lewis, Anthony and Euan, this is going to be a big season for them. The recent contracts given to 2 out of the 3 is telling that we are going to give them game time. Now is the time for all of them to really go and prove the consistency on a week to week basis 

Clare is our best winger.

12 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

For the last 3 week wingers - Lewis, Anthony and Euan, this is going to be a big season for them. The recent contracts given to 2 out of the 3 is telling that we are going to give them game time. Now is the time for all of them to really go and prove the consistency on a week to week basis 

Does Jamie have the legs to play on the wing anymore? Likewise, I'm sure people who follow the youth teams have said McDonald is better through the middle. So would probably say both are maybe closer to attacking midfielders than wingers. Henderson I think the jury is out on still, if we're in the Championship next season though, he has a real opportunity to stake his claim. Moore, I'm more confident about. He's no world beater but he was really coming onto a game under Stendel and I'm hoping he can keep that up.

Agree with your post though, every single one of them need to step up next season. If Moore can add consistency to his game then he could be a really effective player. If we are playing Championship football next season then its a real opportunity for the younger ones. Also worth noting Callumn Morrison too, he seemed to really struggle for confidence despite decent loan spells. Hopefully he'll kick on with them too. 

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sorry but it was true and we did bid for him....just one of these things and we move on but denying the truth does not help anyone

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

What makes you think that ?

Dont really get the impression that he wants to leave, hence the question 

nearly left in jan, understand he still has options down south.. is a big earner. Believe Washington and Smith will be away

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Not so sure they will play him there or continue with him at RB ?

I think he is better driving forward from the RB position than an out and out winger personally but u may be right 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Does Jamie have the legs to play on the wing anymore? Likewise, I'm sure people who follow the youth teams have said McDonald is better through the middle. So would probably say both are maybe closer to attacking midfielders than wingers. Henderson I think the jury is out on still, if we're in the Championship next season though, he has a real opportunity to stake his claim. Moore, I'm more confident about. He's no world beater but he was really coming onto a game under Stendel and I'm hoping he can keep that up.

Agree with your post though, every single one of them need to step up next season. If Moore can add consistency to his game then he could be a really effective player. If we are playing Championship football next season then its a real opportunity for the younger ones. Also worth noting Callumn Morrison too, he seemed to really struggle for confidence despite decent loan spells. Hopefully he'll kick on with them too. 

Fair assessment TBF especially Walker 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

nearly left in jan, understand he still has options down south.. is a big earner. Believe Washington and Smith will be away

Ok 👍 

30 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

This would be total overkill and we do not need to waste money nor do we need 2 wide players unless someone is moved on

There may be a case for bringing in one but no more

We are not 'rolling in it' despite the posts of some and money is still tight in this covid age

The income has already dropped and with a shortened season it will be reduced further.

Frankly if Robbie can't win the league without even signing a player given the squad he has, it's a failure (subject to no one leaving of course)

Edited by CJGJ

Bunny Munro

Last time Robbie often used one (normally right) as a high attacking side and one side (left) as more steady or 'defensive', particularly in the premiership.

One of the clearest examples of this is the 6-0 win over Motherwell where the team was;

Alexander

Paterson Ozturk Augustyn Rossi

King Djoum Pallardo Prince

Sow Reilly

I could see him reversing this this season with an attacking left wing (Hickey, White, or Ben) and the new winger in front of him. And then more steady on the with Walker or Clare as wide CMs in front of Smith.

Edited by Bunny Munro

Just as a refreshing change I’d quite like RN to publicly say whether Hearts spoke to Nisbet or made any type of enquiry about him. 

While I appreciate Nicholson is a free agent RN was quite up front in saying that he would speak to him and see where it led. If Nicholson signs on elsewhere it would be good to hear whether any discussion did take place. Doesn’t need to be any great detail.

If newspapers are printing inaccurate stories then I’d be happy for the club to publicly correct them on it. It would at least give the fans some idea of who we can and commit trust.

18 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

This would be total overkill and we do not need to waste money nor do we need 2 wide players unless someone is moved on

There may be a case for bringing in one but no more

We are not 'rolling in it' despite the posts of some and money is still tight in this covid age

The income has already dropped and with a shortened season it will be reduced further.

Frankly if Robbie can't win the league without even signing a player given the squad he has, it's a failure (subject to no one leaving of course)

I understand your point but at the same time it was RN who said width is his main priority and he was looking to bring 3-4 players in (not including CG) 

If this is the case it would suggest he will be looking for more than one wide player and that was what I had based my point on 

Maybe this is subject to players being moved on but this wasn’t commented on 

3 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Pretty sure he was supposed to be signing for Huddersfield... or was it Luton

3 hours ago, DS98 said:

Someone needs to want McGinn first. Certainly won’t be any of the big hitters judging by his recent performances. The Man Utd/Chelsea rumours will soon be Bournemouth/Newcastle. No one will be spending big this summer. So unfortunate for Hibs 

McGinn and Grealish both going to Leeds if Villa go down and Leeds come up (according to a Leeds fan mate) £18 million for mcginn £27 million for Grealish

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

My concern is keeping Naismith fit. Those shit hole plastic pitches won’t help down there.

18 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Last time Robbie often used one (normally right) as a high attacking side and one side (left) as more steady or 'defensive', particularly in the premiership.

One of the clearest examples of this is the 6-0 win over Motherwell where the team was;

Alexander

Sow Reilly

I could see him reversing this this season with an attacking left wing (Hickey, White, or Ben) and the new winger in front of him. And then more steady on the with Walker or Clare as wide CMs in front of Smith.

That's actually a very good analysis. 

Think Garuccio would be best for the attacking side 

Need a proper winger & could be a sink or swim season for McDonald to see if he is able to step up

29 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

McGinn and Grealish both going to Leeds if Villa go down and Leeds come up (according to a Leeds fan mate) £18 million for mcginn £27 million for Grealish

£80m is the price tag for Grealish and McGinn would be more than £18m.

I think your mate is living in fantasy.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Since he moved out wide he has really impressed going forward 👍

7 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

They’re not getting £80million or anything close. Every club down there knows Villa have to sell him before the new season starts or they are in deep FFP trouble. £27 million might be optimistic but he’s going cheap and fast

54 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Alexander

Sow Reilly

I'm still gutted about us letting King go. I know his career seems to have flopped but so much of it makes no sense. He looked a solid talented winger. Good with the ball and entertaining to watch, then he goes on that weird loan spell to Rangers and manages to end up at Morton now St Pats.. I honestly didn't think he was that far behind Nicholson or Walker. Thought the three of them ability wise were all really good. 

IIRC he had the same agent as Walker who is a notorious hun which probably explains the rangers move, but I'm baffled how he's fallen so dramatically. 

In the championship he managed 14 (in 32) assists, Walker 11 and Nicholson 6. When he was at Dundee Utd he managed 8 (in 35). These look pretty solid stats.

I don't get it, is it non-footballing related or something?

Honestly could not care less about who Hibs are signing. Having said that I did have a wee chuckle at them signing that Drey Wright, a player who IMO is barely championship level 😂

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Sorry but it was true and we did bid for him....just one of these things and we move on but denying the truth does not help anyone

How do you know? If true, it means we have money to spend just not as much as hibs which is to be expected right now. Hopefully we led to them paying more.

10 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

He wont be there for long. His sale is covering everything, from the leckie bill to dumpsters travel lodge bill. Unfortunately it also looks like fat ass McGinn will invoke his right to move after relegation, getting them some sell on wonga. 

Wee Ron has that earmarked for a new boat.

Batistuta87
6 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

I understand your point but at the same time it was RN who said width is his main priority and he was looking to bring 3-4 players in (not including CG) 

If this is the case it would suggest he will be looking for more than one wide player and that was what I had based my point on 

Maybe this is subject to players being moved on but this wasn’t commented on 

3 would be enough for me:

Winger: Stevie Lawless

Centre mid: Jordan Rossiter

Centre back: Lee Ashcroft 

Clare RM, Lawless LM, young lads as backup. 

If Haring's time is up , then I would like Andy Halliday as a 4th. 

Samuel Camazzola
20 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

3 would be enough for me:

Winger: Stevie Lawless

Centre mid: Jordan Rossiter

Centre back: Lee Ashcroft 

Clare RM, Lawless LM, young lads as backup. 

If Haring's time is up , then I would like Andy Halliday as a 4th. 

As a centre back, I've always liked Steven Caulker. Since he went to Turkey, I don't know much about his game or contract situation but when he was at Dundee, he was a level above anyone else in the league. A good age with good experience too. 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

As a centre back, I've always liked Steven Caulker. Since he went to Turkey, I don't know much about his game or contract situation but when he was at Dundee, he was a level above anyone else in the league. A good age with good experience too. 

Good shout imo. Only thing is I really want Halks n Soapy to forge a great partnership and I think they're capable. Obv some issues such as fitness n form there

Berra than you
8 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Alexander

Sow Reilly

I might be wrong here, bit did he not usually have the "wide centre midfielder" in front of Paterson to cover for him? And then the attacking winger Infront of Rossi as Rossi would rarely venture forward? That's how I remembered it but as I say, could be remembering incorrectly.

upgotheheads

Sorry, can't be arsed checking back but has Stephen O'Donnell at Kilmarnock been mentioned on this thread?

I wasn't a great fan of his as an international player but he's without a club, and is a recent international. A right back but would allow Michael Smith to play in central defence, where he has always looked good.

8 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Alexander

Sow Reilly

It’s a good point. Probably stems from experience.  The 2006 team was attacking from all angles but you could argue the left was more cavalier while the right side was more solid in its set up. 

Some of our best teams were pretty much like this. Even in 1998 it was similar. 

You need this though. One part of your team must be geared towards threat, how you are going to create and score. It can be balanced out by a good manager in the rest of the line up. 

18 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I might be wrong here, bit did he not usually have the "wide centre midfielder" in front of Paterson to cover for him? And then the attacking winger Infront of Rossi as Rossi would rarely venture forward? That's how I remembered it but as I say, could be remembering incorrectly.

You're spot on. He played Prince on the RM and it infuriated me as he rarely got forward(prob told to) . I appreciate Paterson was excellent going forward but if you took his goals out the team we struggled. 

If RN did that again this season I would prefer it was a more creative player out wide in front of the wing back. 

8 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

The world really is ******* bonkers aint it?