Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

5 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Andy Halliday is happy with a deal we have offered him. Would be surprised if he didn't sign 

Interesting...🤔

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Uh? An own goal?

😆. A decent header, had another chance too. If their injury problems continue he might well play a few games and have some decent offers when his contract runs out next summer, that we can’t compete with unfortunately. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A decent header, had another chance too. If their injury problems continue he might well play a few games and have some decent offers when his contract runs out next summer, that we can’t compete with in a million years unfortunately. 

I was very sceptical about the Halliday chat but seems like it is going to happen judging by the chat on here and his comments on OTB. Personally I don’t get why folk don’t think he’s good enough. He’s proven at spfl premiership level and personally I’ll be very pleased to see him sign. As others have said, much better than the numerous failed gambles of recent years. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

And if they don’t?  We have no midfield. 

No midfield without two youngsters who have barely played for us? Odd opinion.

Do you mean centre mid because we have Walker and Naismith (and maybe Roberts) who can play AM and Roberts, Ginnelly, Moore and Frear for wide midfield/wings? If so, you'd still be wrong. As of now Lee and Irving are first choice for CM with Haring and Damour as back-up/recovering from injury. Smith can also play DM, as could Halkett if needed. Pretty sure we'll sign another midfielder though.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Last time in the championship - buaben + gomis = bossed it

next season in the top league = didn't 

this season - Irving + lee = same.

gives time for haring to get match fit too.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

No midfield without two youngsters who have barely played for us? Odd opinion.

Do you mean centre mid because we have Walker and Naismith (and maybe Roberts) who can play AM and Roberts, Ginnelly, Moore and Frear for wide midfield/wings? As of now Lee and Irving are first choice for CM with Haring and Damour as back-up/recovering from injury. Smith can also play DM, as could Halkett if needed. Pretty sure we'll sign another midfielder though.

No, no midfield as the majority are unproven or not good enough,

You've only quoted Haring that is anyway convincing of being good enough and he's been injured for ages.  Naismith is a forward and Smith a defendertoo btw.  Levein isn't the manager anymore.  So yes, Halliday would be a very good addition even in midfield when you quote the rest.  Even on the wings its complete and utter guesswork on players who have hardly been brilliant before. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I think those two would create much more. 

3 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Gomis and Bauben where stand outs for third placed Dundee Utd in the Prem' before going down south and holding their own.  Irving and Lee?  you genuinely cant see much of a difference? 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

No, no midfield as the majority are unproven or not good enough,

You've only quoted Haring that is anyway convincing of being good enough and he's been injured for ages.  Naismith is a forward and Smith a defendertoo btw.  Levein isn't the manager anymore.  So yes, Halliday would be a very good addition even in midfield when you quote the rest.  Even on the wings its complete and utter guesswork on players who have hardly been brilliant before. 

Lee and Irving are proven and good enough. More goals and creativity than Gomis and Bauben who strolled a much harder championship. Haring will boss it when back. Walker will score for fun played centrally or wide in a front 3 and we have several options out wide. Naismith can easily drop back into a supporting forward type role. So, no, our midfield doesn't rely on Cochrane and MacDonald 🤣

7 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

We go into games with a midfield of Irving and lee we are in deep shit. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Lee and Irving are proven and good enough. More goals and creativity than Gomis and Bauben who strolled a much harder championship. Haring will boss it when back. Walker will score for fun played centrally or wide in a front 3 and we have several options out wide. Naismith can easily drop back into a supporting forward type role. So, no, our midfield doesn't rely on Cochrane and MacDonald 🤣

Good enough for what exactly? Bottom six strugglers?

Gomis and Bauben had proven pedigree.  Scottish Cup winners, top 3 in Prem' went down South.  How on earth can you compare? 

Our midfield is none existent and hoping the two youngsters come good is a massive gamble.  The rest about Walker scoring for fun and Naismith at his age and his legs is utter fantasy.  

We hope Haring comes back to what he was before.  The only proven bit of quality we have for a good midfield that we have. 

Edited by Last Laff

I think a lot will depend on where RN wants to play Halliday. 

Left Back - Garruchio who had a serious injury and was out for most of last season. White who was almost retired from football, is injury prone and was given a deal for an unknown reason by CL. Garruchio is solid enough and will do a job in Championship. White, can never understand why he was given a deal by CL. Was never going to be anything other than a squad player and needs to be moved on. Is Halliday better than both of them, yes.

Midfield - this is where it gets tricky. First choice paring for me would be Haring and Walker with 2 from Roberts, Ginelly or Frear as our wide men in the 4. Lee would be my back up for Walker. Haring has been out for 18 months. No one knows if he will be the player he was before he was injured. Who’s next best from our squad in that position. Probably Damour. He didn’t fancy the SPL playing at grounds like Ibrox so don’t imagine he’s going to fancy turning up at places like Greenock, Alloa or Arbroath on a cold and wet Friday night or Saturday afternoon. Cochrane. The enigma. Has the passing attributes to be a really good player but not the strength or the pace. Will depend on his attitude . Where do we go after that. 

I’m by no means thinking Halliday is a world beater but we are going to need to go to some of these grounds and fight and scrap for everything. He is the type of player who will do that. I don’t care what his politics are or who he supports. Our top goal scorer ever was allegedly a Hibs fan in his younger days.

My only concern is that we get out of that division at first time of asking and if he is the ‘dogs of war’ type player we need to get out of there, then I say get him signed.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

good god.. lee and Irving are not proven.. Irving is hugely talented but I’d hate to rely on him in a dogfight..

and your solution is to love forwards like Naismith (who is absolutely shite in midfield) and Walker back 😂 

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Good enough for what exactly? Bottom six strugglers?

Gomis and Bauben had proven pedigree.  Scottish Cup winners, top 3 in Prem' went down South.  How on earth can you compare? 

Our midfield is none existent and hoping the two youngsters come good is a massive gamble.  The rest about Walker scoring for fun and Naismith at his age and his legs is utter fantasy.  

We hope Haring comes back to what he was before.  The only proven bit of quality we have for a good midfield that we have. 

I honestly don't think you watch Hearts or support them.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

good god.. lee and Irving are not proven.. Irving is hugely talented but I’d hate to rely on him in a dogfight..

and your solution is to love forwards like Naismith (who is absolutely shite in midfield) and Walker back 😂 

I'm responding to the guy who constantly talks up Hibs and talks down Hearts and who claimed we "have no midfield" without Cochrane and MacDonald. Lee and Irving are absolutely fine for the Championship FFS. Walker has played most of his latter career as an AM and has a fantastic scoring record. Naismith started playing deeper behind Uche and McLean when we played so well start 18/19 and was very good at linking midfield and attack. I'm not saying he should be first pick there.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Gomis and Bauben where stand outs for third placed Dundee Utd in the Prem' before going down south and holding their own.  Irving and Lee?  you genuinely cant see much of a difference? 

Gomis and Bauben were also bit part players at Utd and Partick before we signed them, their careers were on the wane before we signed them. They both played 31 games in two seasons down south. 

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not if we want to dominate possession and play a passing game, which we do. For that to work we need central midfielders who are good technical footballers who can pick a pass and are comfortable in possession and who can break forward and link with forwards when given the chance. Their job will be mostly to take the ball from our defenders and feed the likes of Walker, Frear, Roberts or whoever is playing wide and AM. If we feel we need more of a DM, we can find someone in the squad to sit in there. That would be a very defensive approach given the low standard of opposition we'll be facing though. I think we need another central mid but I'd have no worries about Lee and Irving starting. My top combo would be Haring and Irving though.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I think a lot will depend on where RN wants to play Halliday. 

Left Back - Garruchio who had a serious injury and was out for most of last season. White who was almost retired from football, is injury prone and was given a deal for an unknown reason by CL. Garruchio is solid enough and will do a job in Championship. White, can never understand why he was given a deal by CL. Was never going to be anything other than a squad player and needs to be moved on. Is Halliday better than both of them, yes.

Midfield - this is where it gets tricky. First choice paring for me would be Haring and Walker with 2 from Roberts, Ginelly or Frear as our wide men in the 4. Lee would be my back up for Walker. Haring has been out for 18 months. No one knows if he will be the player he was before he was injured. Who’s next best from our squad in that position. Probably Damour. He didn’t fancy the SPL playing at grounds like Ibrox so don’t imagine he’s going to fancy turning up at places like Greenock, Alloa or Arbroath on a cold and wet Friday night or Saturday afternoon. Cochrane. The enigma. Has the passing attributes to be a really good player but not the strength or the pace. Will depend on his attitude . Where do we go after that. 

I’m by no means thinking Halliday is a world beater but we are going to need to go to some of these grounds and fight and scrap for everything. He is the type of player who will do that. I don’t care what his politics are or who he supports. Our top goal scorer ever was allegedly a Hibs fan in his younger days.

My only concern is that we get out of that division at first time of asking and if he is the ‘dogs of war’ type player we need to get out of there, then I say get him signed.

He gave White a chance to resurrect his career like he did with a few injury prone players, because he wasn’t given that chance himself.

We don’t need Dogs of War we need football players, he’s just signed a ball playing CH as we will have a lot of possession. 
We don’t need saddled with another guy on a 3 year deal on big wages. 
The fact is he’s not great, being a Hun isn’t a problem if you can play, like Lafferty could. 

Halliday at LB against Boyle at Hampden 😱🙈

All I can comment on is what I saw with my own eyes. Gomis and buaben strolled the championship, and didn't when we were promoted.

the space and time you get in a lower league is noticeable. We don't need to do a new rangers and have a pirlo strutting about v alloa.

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm responding to the guy who constantly talks up Hibs and talks down Hearts and who claimed we "have no midfield" without Cochrane and MacDonald. Lee and Irving are absolutely fine for the Championship FFS. Walker has played most of his latter career as an AM and has a fantastic scoring record. Naismith started playing deeper behind Uche and McLean when we played so well start 18/19 and was very good at linking midfield and attack. I'm not saying he should be first pick there.

You start your post with lies and fiction and continue all the way through.  Fair play.  

"A fantastic scoring record" 5 years ago maybe, yes.   Naismith was played out of position to accommodate two huddies and hoofball.  When that was found out (sorry, sorry, Injureeeeez) the baw was burst.  Naismiths legs are gone.  You may have not noticed.  Up top he will do a job but in midfield?  Aye okay. 

Edited by Last Laff

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Gomis and Bauben were also bit part players at Utd and Partick before we signed them, their careers were on the wane before we signed them. They both played 31 games in two seasons down south. 

The had success in the top league before we got them though.  Lee and Irving haven't.  Huge gamble.

I see the Halliday chat has ramped up. Is it all because someone said he’s been offered a contract? Look back at this thread and you’ll see countless other such claims (Dunne deal and Cumdog in talks spring to mind).

Just so it’s clear, I’m not against Halliday signing because he was a Rangers player, or a Rangers fan - I’m not tribal in that way. I have no religion so what religion a player is holds as much weight to me as the colour of socks they wear.

IF he was to sign I would hope he would do well. I would support him in a Hearts shirt as funnily enough that what a Hearts supporter is supposed to do, support. But at the same time I’m not going to be giving him any sort of pass because he’s “a good Scottish laddie”, “good in a dogfight” (whatever that means when you’re odds on favourite to win the title), or because he once sooked up to the easily pleased by saying Tynecastle had an atmosphere when on Si Ferry - I mean honestly you’re weaker than an American crowd that just needs a mention of their hometown to get a cheer...

I am against his signing though, for the following reasons;

1. Do we need him to win the Championship? Absolutely not.

2. If we were to get promoted, he would be average at best in the Premiership

3. He has zero sell-on capability as his potential is reached and only way is down as he’s turning 30

4. Considering all of the above he’d probably be commanding a hefty wage too, which would literally be a waste of money

5. “Dogfights” are for relegation battles of which we will not be in. Neilson’s last stint had Gomis and Bauben in the centre without a dogfight in sight, and the league was trounced. In fact look at any actual good league and it’s top teams and you’ll find enforcer types (for Halliday read: hacker) are few and far between.

6. We’ve signed some players and will continue to do so, who’s to say they’re not ready for a dogfight or will show hunger and desire? Or some players already there under new management? Acting like Halliday will be some sort of talisman Is weird behaviour, just because he might talk like your mate down the pub that gets fired in at fives doesn’t mean he’s any good at football.

7. He’s not kicked a ball in anger since six months and been out of contract for four of those - proving no other club is wanting him, which should tell you something

8. Lastly, and this is the truly important one that cannot be stressed enough; he’s just not good. He really isn’t. That’s the main reason I don’t want him to sign, he’s literally known as being a bad player.

If he joins, I’ll support and hope I’m wrong. But until then I’ll continue just not get the absolute want of some to have him at the club, it’s perplexing to me, he’s a huddy that would be nowhere near good business. But everyone’s entitled to their own opinions and all that.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I see the Halliday chat has ramped up. Is it all because someone said he’s been offered a contract? Look back at this thread and you’ll see countless other such claims (Dunne deal and Cumdog in talks spring to mind).

Just so it’s clear, I’m not against Halliday signing because he was a Rangers player, or a Rangers fan - I’m not tribal in that way. I have no religion so what religion a player is holds as much weight to me as the colour of socks they wear.

IF he was to sign I would hope he would do well. I would support him in a Hearts shirt as funnily enough that what a Hearts supporter is supposed to do, support. But at the same time I’m not going to be giving him any sort of pass because he’s “a good Scottish laddie”, “good in a dogfight” (whatever that means when you’re odds on favourite to win the title), or because he once sooked up to the easily pleased by saying Tynecastle had an atmosphere when on Si Ferry - I mean honestly you’re weaker than an American crowd that just needs a mention of their hometown to get a cheer...

I am against his signing though, for the following reasons;

1. Do we need him to win the Championship? Absolutely not.

2. If we were to get promoted, he would be average at best in the Premiership

3. He has zero sell-on capability as his potential is reached and only way is down as he’s turning 30

4. Considering all of the above he’d probably be commanding a hefty wage too, which would literally be a waste of money

5. “Dogfights” are for relegation battles of which we will not be in. Neilson’s last stint had Gomis and Bauben in the centre without a dogfight in sight, and the league was trounced. In fact look at any actual good league and it’s top teams and you’ll find enforcer types (for Halliday read: hacker) are few and far between.

6. We’ve signed some players and will continue to do so, who’s to say they’re not ready for a dogfight or will show hunger and desire? Or some players already there under new management? Acting like Halliday will be some sort of talisman Is weird behaviour, just because he might talk like your mate down the pub that gets fired in at fives doesn’t mean he’s any good at football.

7. He’s not kicked a ball in anger since six months and been out of contract for four of those - proving no other club is wanting him, which should tell you something

8. Lastly, and this is the truly important one that cannot be stressed enough; he’s just not good. He really isn’t. That’s the main reason I don’t want him to sign, he’s literally known as being a bad player.

If he joins, I’ll support and hope I’m wrong. But until then I’ll continue to get the absolute want of some to have him at the club, it’s perplexing to me, he’s a huddy that would be nowhere near good business. But everyone’s entitled to their own opinions and all that.

Lived up to your name there 👍🏽👏🏾.

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not if we want to dominate possession and play a passing game, which we do. For that to work we need central midfielders who are good technical footballers who can pick a pass and are comfortable in possession and who can break forward and link with forwards when given the chance. Their job will be mostly to take the ball from our defenders and feed the likes of Walker, Frear, Roberts or whoever is playing wide and AM. If we feel we need more of a DM, we can find someone in the squad to sit in there. That would be a very defensive approach given the low standard of opposition we'll be facing though. I think we need another central mid but I'd have no worries about Lee and Irving starting. My top combo would be Haring and Irving though.

It doesn't matter the standard of the opposition, we still need someone that puts a foot in and wins possession in Midfield. They are hardly Xavi and Iniesta, they will misplace passes and lose the ball. Even the top sides in the world have a ball winner if they are a bit top heavy on creative players. Infact, I'd go as far as saying every side that has ever won anything has that player. 

There needs to be balance and I think if both were to start together, it would have to be in a 3 man midfield with either Haring or, Damour (if he's still here). Not sure on Halliday as that player though tbh, maybe in a two man midfield he could be the one that holds but certainly not in between the lines of midfield and defence. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

It doesn't matter the standard of the opposition, we still need someone that puts a foot in and wins possession in Midfield. They are hardly Xavi and Iniesta, they will misplace passes and lose the ball. Even the top sides in the world have a ball winner if they are a bit top heavy on creative players. Infact, I'd go as far as saying every side that has ever won anything has that player. 

There needs to be balance and I think if both were to start together, it would have to be in a 3 man midfield with either Haring or, Damour (if he's still here). Not sure on Halliday as that player though tbh, maybe in a two man midfield he could be the one that holds but certainly not in between the lines of midfield and defence. 

Yes every player has a Thiago, Kante or an Allan, players who will never be on their arse making a tackle. That’s not what Halliday is. “Sticking a foot in” will get him yellows and reds outside of Ibrox. And as proven by the last championship stint with Bauben and Gomis, a Halliday type player is in no way a necessity. We already have players at the club who’re capable, and if a bit of steel is needed in the centre and injury free Haring can do that or Smith can easily fill that role. It doesn’t matter if you concede possession or concede the odd goal, as long as you score more than the other team - which Neilson has already said is the plan. Halliday would be a complete waste of a wage as he’s not needed in the slightest.

SomethingAboutObua

I think folk are massively over estimating the standard of competition in the championship this year compared to 2014. 

2014 main challengers- promoted Rangers, unexpected Hibs, strong Falkirk, an at their peak QoS

2020- Inverness CT, nae money Dundee, close to part time Ayr Utd

I get people want to have a team ready for the top flight should we go up this year (covid permitting, and im not confident we'll see out this season tbh), but seriously, every player currently on the team is the best player in their position in the league. I agree we have to look to replace our old and injury prone players and crap like Damour that failed in the top flight, but theres no argument Olly Lee, Damour, Andy Irving etc are the best CMs in the league by far. 

Inverness have a few players that weren't rated as good enough for us and they're our main promotion rivals ffs. 

Halliday is on the radar however he has a lot of offers elsewhere, would need him to be really keen to come here to get him. Not willing to throw money at him that he could get abroad, should be clearer of his plans this week. Few loans out this week and a permanent out should will begin to make room for another few in 👍🏻

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yes every player has a Thiago, Kante or an Allan, players who will never be on their arse making a tackle. That’s not what Halliday is. “Sticking a foot in” will get him yellows and reds outside of Ibrox. And as proven by the last championship stint with Bauben and Gomis, a Halliday type player is in no way a necessity. We already have players at the club who’re capable, and if a bit of steel is needed in the centre and injury free Haring can do that or Smith can easily fill that role. It doesn’t matter if you concede possession or concede the odd goal, as long as you score more than the other team - which Neilson has already said is the plan. Halliday would be a complete waste of a wage as he’s not needed in the slightest.

Gomis and Bauben could tackle. Lee and Irving are not in anyway defensively inclined. No comparison between the two pairs at all. 

M. Smith is a defender who should be nowhere near midfield, ever. He was played there out of necessity. 

I certainly agree that we have Haring and Damour who can do that job but if Damour goes we're left with just Haring and I wouldn't rely on him with his injury history. We will need another in that position. I don't believe Halliday is that kind of player anyway as I stated in my previous post. 

Totally disagree, "it doesn't matter if you concede the odd goal", we're competing in Cup competitions as well as the Championship. We would get bullied senseless if we were to play an SPFL side with Irving and Lee as our midfield pairing, especially with our current defensive options behind them. 

8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Who do Ayr, Morton, QOTS and Alloa have in midfield that worries you so greatly?

Edited by davie1980

6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Gomis and Bauben could tackle. Lee and Irving are not in anyway defensively inclined. No comparison between the two pairs at all. 

M. Smith is a defender who should be nowhere near midfield, ever. He was played there out of necessity. 

I certainly agree that we have Haring and Damour who can do that job but if Damour goes we're left with just Haring and I wouldn't rely on him with his injury history. We will need another in that position. I don't believe Halliday is that kind of player anyway as I stated in my previous post. 

Totally disagree, "it doesn't matter if you concede the odd goal", we're competing in Cup competitions as well as the Championship. We would get bullied senseless if we were to play an SPFL side with Irving and Lee as our midfield pairing, especially with our current defensive options behind them. 

I think Neilson has shown in his previous that the cup competitions take a back seat. It’ll be no different this time around, even though we’re in a semi-final and it’s against Hibs. I know some won’t like that, but he’ll be focusing on the league. And the odd goal thing isn’t me talking, I was paraphrasing Neilson’s own words in a recent interview when he was talking about possession and making sure you score more as many goals as you can to score more than the other team.

Neilson has also said he’s looking for a midfielder but I don’t think Halliday is the type he’s looking for to be honest. But then again we were apparently in for Butcher who is of that ilk so maybe we are. I just personally would rather it we were getting someone like that in that it would be on loan or a short contract for a season on a championship level wage. I fear Halliday would want a longer contract on wages which will be over the odds on what needs paid at this stage. And he’d almost certainly be a waste of cash when we step up.

So I’d rather the money went on someone who could either significantly improve us (Halliday won’t do that), have the potential to get better as his contract goes on (Halliday has peaked his potential) or a short term loan/1-year deal that will be around £1k a week max to help us get out of this league but won’t impact on budget for if we get promoted (Halliday either doesn’t fit into that bracket or won’t be willing to take such a deal).

Edited by BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, davie1980 said:

No idea what everyone is panicking about, I've told you before, Damour will be next seasons POTY 

Any idea if he was injured last week . I watched training few times and he wasn't training .

I was hooingl/praying  he was away lookit at other clubs

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He gave White a chance to resurrect his career like he did with a few injury prone players, because he wasn’t given that chance himself.

We don’t need Dogs of War we need football players, he’s just signed a ball playing CH as we will have a lot of possession. 
We don’t need saddled with another guy on a 3 year deal on big wages. 
The fact is he’s not great, being a Hun isn’t a problem if you can play, like Lafferty could. 

Halliday at LB against Boyle at Hampden 😱🙈

And there we have the problem as to why we have been saddled with so many mediocre players. CL giving them a chance and deals but that’s another argument.

If you don’t think we need an enforcer type in the middle of the park to help us dig results out at places like Morton and Alloa then you’re delusional. Last time we had both Gomis and Pallardo who were more than capable of putting their foot in. Even Bauben had a bit of physicality. This time we have Haring who is more than capable but is someone who we really shouldn’t be relying on. Damour has already shown in top flight that he is not capable of a physical battle. Who else, Lee??? Not his game. Cochrane, unless he’s bulked up, no chance. Irving, possibly. Yes we should have more possession but the last time we got the ball so much from the pressing game and fitness in the middle of the park. 

As I said, I’m not advocating his signing but he is a type of player that we need. He knows the game in Scotland and is less of a risk than a Damour type. 

As for playing LB against Boyle, look at our other options. Are they any better. Do they give you any less of the fear. 

12 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Any idea if he was injured last week . I watched training few times and he wasn't training .

I was hooingl/praying  he was away lookit at other clubs

Having a well deserved rest. 

18 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

And there we have the problem as to why we have been saddled with so many mediocre players. CL giving them a chance and deals but that’s another argument.

If you don’t think we need an enforcer type in the middle of the park to help us dig results out at places like Morton and Alloa then you’re delusional. Last time we had both Gomis and Pallardo who were more than capable of putting their foot in. Even Bauben had a bit of physicality. This time we have Haring who is more than capable but is someone who we really shouldn’t be relying on. Damour has already shown in top flight that he is not capable of a physical battle. Who else, Lee??? Not his game. Cochrane, unless he’s bulked up, no chance. Irving, possibly. Yes we should have more possession but the last time we got the ball so much from the pressing game and fitness in the middle of the park. 

As I said, I’m not advocating his signing but he is a type of player that we need. He knows the game in Scotland and is less of a risk than a Damour type. 

As for playing LB against Boyle, look at our other options. Are they any better. Do they give you any less of the fear. 

We do not need an ‘enforcer’ to win games in this league. We absolutely strolled a much tougher Championship without a clogger. Gomis and Pallardo couldn’t be further from that. In fact we probably have more cover for DM now than we did then. We’ll likely have about 70%+ possession most weeks. If Robbie doesn’t rate our left backs and thinks Halliday would improve us in that aspect then fair enough. 

Said it a million times but I’ll say it again, we do not need Andy Halliday to get out the Championship!

1 minute ago, gov said:

Soooo....we expecting any movement this week then 🥱 

Im going to predict : 2 out, 2 in. Hickey signs for Bologna and 4 on loan. No names, not itk, just getting bored and hoping for something to get excited about. Apart from Saturday's friendly live on HTV that is. 

3 minutes ago, gov said:

Soooo....we expecting any movement this week then 🥱 

Probably outwards

With other teams starting up training would expect to see more of the younger ones head out on loan. 

Hopefully couple to Partick

Makavora already gone to Brechin till Jan

Then hopefully Damour or White out too

33 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Probably outwards

With other teams starting up training would expect to see more of the younger ones head out on loan. 

Hopefully couple to Partick

Makavora already gone to Brechin till Jan

Then hopefully Damour or White out too

EEN intereview with RN posted this morning said "a few out", and hopefully 2 in. 

40 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Im going to predict : 2 out, 2 in. Hickey signs for Bologna and 4 on loan. No names, not itk, just getting bored and hoping for something to get excited about. Apart from Saturday's friendly live on HTV that is. 

I really shouldn't be so excited for a friendly but I can't wait to actually watch the team play a full game, even if it is from the tv!

5 minutes ago, gov said:

I really shouldn't be so excited for a friendly but I can't wait to actually watch the team play a full game, even if it is from the tv!

Ive already got my timetable, catering and booze all planned out. For a friendly against Partick!!!!!!

Only 5 more sleeps. 

Sad as😂

Edited by TypoonJambo

5 minutes ago, gov said:

Robbie has openly said that he wants a Left Back and a Centre Mid and perhaps another striker although he doesn't think we need one at the moment.